Mini 1501: We're On A Boat! (END?! results inside)

pitoli
pitoli
Mafia Scum
pitoli
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:48 pm

Post by pitoli »

In post 998, Peabody wrote:I will hammer if I need to. I don't think Brian is scum, but I'm not letting us go without a lynch. This is my intent to hammer before deadline. I don't know, maybe a half-hour? Hour?
Are you asking when deadline is? I include countdowns with every votecount.
Last edited by pitoli on Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:51 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Anyhow, before I get hammered into oblivion, these are my current scum prospects based on interactions: [SK, Empire, CDB (leaning town right now but I can see the linkage with SK), notscience].

I am willing to think CTD and Spyrex could be scum, but I'm not favoring them. CTD pushed my lynch hard, but it feels like paranoid town making sure he doesn't let scum screw him again. Spyrex is an enigma to me and should be dealt with in the future.

I really wanted SK to be my counter-wagon and it makes me sad it wasn't even an option. I really feel like that flip would have been more beneficial than Empire's.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:54 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Seriously though, take a look at SK tomorrow. Look at the interactions and discussions with other players. It pings my gut the same way Fferyl did in Mismatched.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:22 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Brian, I don't know if you're a better lynch than Empire. But, this is better than no-lynch. And hopefully the information from your wagon will help set up a town win.

But it's cold comfort.

I'll probably hammer in a half hour or so, around midnight my time.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:29 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

@Fferyl: Do you see me complaining about getting lynched? The problem I have is how the votes have gotten onto my wagon. Do what you need to do Fferyl. I won't hold it against you. And yes, I do feel like I'm a better lynch than Empire from your guys' perspectives in terms of gathering information. It's been said before, but I have a ton of associative tells, something SK also has and Empire lacks.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:30 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

It's also the reason why I wanted an SK wagon, not an Empire wagon.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:41 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1004, Brian Skies wrote:@Fferyl: Do you see me complaining about getting lynched? The problem I have is how the votes have gotten onto my wagon. Do what you need to do Fferyl. I won't hold it against you. And yes, I do feel like I'm a better lynch than Empire from your guys' perspectives in terms of gathering information. It's been said before, but I have a ton of associative tells, something SK also has and Empire lacks.
Yeah, I understand that. I'm a reads-based player, though. I have a strong preference for lynching my strongest scum read, and don't usually weigh the information-gathering nearly as strongly.

We'll have some flips and wagon info to process tomorrow.

Idic
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:44 pm

Post by Peabody »

Welp, I waited an hour. No change.

vote BrianSkies
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:45 pm

Post by Peabody »

unvote; Vote BrianSkies

^Just in case I had to unvote first.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:47 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

^

Is that the hammer?

Well I'm definitely flipping miller. Sorry I didn't get to engage you more like I had hoped. I really hope you're town Peabody.
pitoli
pitoli
Mafia Scum
pitoli
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:48 pm

Post by pitoli »

Killing is not so easy as the innocent would believe.

VOTE COUNT 1.18 (FINAL)

notscience:
Garmr
Empire:
SpyreX, LolWagons, Brian Skies, fferyllt
SleepyKrew:
Grimgroove
:!:
Brian Skies (L-0):
ChannelDelibird, SleepyKrew, Plum, CrashTextDummie, Empire, Notscience, Peabody

A lynch has been achieved!

Time until deadline: (expired on 2013-10-17 00:00:00)
pitoli
pitoli
Mafia Scum
pitoli
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:49 pm

Post by pitoli »

The air is tepid and the wind still. The sun is soon to set, but a consensus can hardly be formed aboard the
Vendetta

Whether from the languid weather or the slowly-advancing discussion, several of your group have gone rather quiet, even as the day begins winding down.

Frankly, it's a little weird. You thought there'd be more shouting and throwing things by day's end.
Is progress being made? Are you any closer to catching the sea-scum?
You have to wonder, because taking away a life - even one you suspect to be guilty - is not something any of you can take lightly.

”How many times are we going to go over this? If we don't do it today, we'll just end up doing it later,”
says someone in the corner, having just repeated their argument for the nth time.
”He has to die.”
There are murmurs of agreement, some more reluctant than others.

With that, all of you converge on
Brian Skies
“I’m telling you - I already know what it looks like,”
he says desperately. There’s a short struggle, but with so many people to hold them down, you make quick work of stringing up his limbs. He seems tired.
"I know what I am. Don’t waste today on me –"

Brian Skies
is forced to a kneel, eyes glossing over as the rope is lowered over his neck. You expect the scum to confess to the crime, to beg, but there is only silence now as he looks ahead resolutely and shakes his head.

Brian Skies,
Town Miller
, was lynched Day 1.

Night 1 begins!

Deadline: October 19th, midnight PST.
Last edited by pitoli on Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
pitoli
pitoli
Mafia Scum
pitoli
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:54 pm

Post by pitoli »

You have
(expired on 2013-10-19 00:00:00)
to PM me any night actions you might have. If you have access to a quicktopic, you may now post in it.
pitoli
pitoli
Mafia Scum
pitoli
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:10 pm

Post by pitoli »

It was a sleepless night for many.

The next morning, you find a tiny, white-faced stewardess standing outside in the hallway. Several of you attempt to question her, but the woman seems to have gone mute with fright. She gestures to a door left ajar at the end of the passage, hand trembling.

A brave few of your group pass inside wordlessly. A man in a pristine white bathrobe lies wordlessly on his side with his back to the door, looking to be in a very peaceful sleep. You inch closer, waves of dread churning inside you.

There is a scorched black mark right above his ear, with congealed blood appearing to have oozed down his neck. They must have died instantly.

LolWagons,
Vanilla Townie
, was killed Night 1.

Atop the bedsheets is a nautical-themed pashmina afghan. While musing on its rather tacky design, you turn it over and find a circular hole burnt straight through the center. You realize it was most likely used to silence the shot.

There are shouts from across the hall. Another member of your party lies sprawled across their bed. They have been shot through the heart, the blood having already darkened their striped pajamas. But it's not who you expected...

Empire,
Mafia Roleblocker
, was killed Night 1.

One of you searches
Empire
’s body while the others look on dispassionately. Rifling through his luggage produces some stiletto knives and a small case of white, odorless tablets.
”I’ve seen something like this before,”
someone slowly offers,
“it must be a sedative of some sort. I think he could have been using it on us to make sure we wouldn’t get in the way of what he was doing at night.”

Someone begins laughing with relief, loud and unreserved. But underneath that brief respite, the rest of you can only think of finding the remaining scum – because surely
Empire
was not alone.

Several people talk of sharing cabins tonight, and the idea is certainly tempting. But with no one sure of who to trust, you must rule out the possibility. And don’t forget - there’s still the day to get through.

Day 2 begins!

Deadline: Sunday, November 3rd, midnight
Last edited by pitoli on Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pitoli
pitoli
Mafia Scum
pitoli
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:10 pm

Post by pitoli »

VOTE COUNT 2.0

Not Voting:
SpyreX, Grimgroove, notscience, ChannelDelibird, fferyllt, SleepyKrew, Garmr, CrashTextDummie, Peabody, Plum

With 10 alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.

Time until deadline: (expired on 2013-11-03 00:00:00)

Mod Notes
: ChannelDelibird is V/LA for the weekend.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:33 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Hm.

This changes my day 2 focus a bit.

Idic
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:36 pm

Post by Garmr »

Hell yeh who ever. is vig is way better at picking scum than me. I Would of shot peabody or NS.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:39 pm

Post by fferyllt »

I have a feeling the empire wagon was pure town. Maybe 1 more scum on the Brian Skies wagon?

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:56 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Spoiler: Empire's reads list
In post 423, Empire wrote:Alright, fully caught up with the thread! Here's a compilation of all my reads with reasoning. I know this thing's rather long and unwieldy but please take the time to go through all of it. Let me know if you have any questions or if you need me to elaborate on anything. As an aside, a lot of people in this game look really town and it feels really nice but there's a lot of TvT-type arguments going on that need to stop ASAP (looking at you, Kaze / SKrew / Garmr / notscience). It's cluttering the thread with a lot of nonsense at this point and the votes could very well be served elsewhere.

TOWN

fferyllt:
Consider this read to be very largely meta based -- from what I'm aware of her meta, she hates being scum and tends to be very lurky / image conscious, which is very unlike her play here. She feels comfortable posting, is generally very engaged with the thread, and has bits of cheekiness that I don't expect her to post as scum (ex: the second line of #66). Another little thing I liked is the way she locked horns with notscience in #215 by telling him to "give it a rest" -- I think, as scum, she'd be more likely to encourage notscience's "false positives" or at least just altogether refrain from talking about it and let town self destruction happen (which was her approach in Xenologue). Her meta analysis in #349 and the level of detail she goes into breaking down Kaze's linguistic falls in line with the meta analysis she loves to do as town and I think she's not as inclined to do as scum (in Xenologue, she basically took my word on LLD's meta without doing any visible work of her own). All in all, would be really surprised if she were scum this game.

Kazekirimaru:
Really not understanding why this dude has votes on him. Pretty much all of his posts and the way he's approached arguments with various players have a "I have the higher moral ground"-type tone to them (ex: "you're being stupid" / "you're just wrong") which is far more likely to come from town than scum -- town are far more likely to have a greater attachment to arguments like the one he's having with SKrew because they want to be right / feel vindicated; scum just see these kinds of back and forths as a way to contribute but as nothing more. His progression from #62 to #100 based on the reasoning he provides in #146 is something that makes A LOT of sense from a player with his experience -- a lot of newer town players do tend to take into account interactions with their scumreads in this fashion / consider what other people have to say. His abrasive playstyle is something I consider a towntell as I'd expect him to conform to expected behavior as scum. His reaction to the wagon + his frustration that people are not listening to him in #337 reads incredibly genuine. The more and more I read this guy's posts, the more depressed I get that he was wagoned to L-2.

notscience:
He's another player who I think has a very abrasive / annoying playstyle and just get this 'ugh' feeling reading through his stuff. That said, his play here fits the skeletal model I have of his townplay (he's another play I'd expect to conform to expectation as scum). He's not afraid of throw down cursory dismissals of suspicion against him (#124) and his repeatedly calling himself obvtown is something that checks out with his townplay in Open 527. I think he'd be a lot more self conscious as scum than to fuck around with posts like #147 / #149. Overall, the abrasive, rough-around-the-edges attitude he displays here reads strongly town.

Plum:
Need to double check the meta of her (from what I remember she's another player who dislikes being scum) but she's shown strong signs of gamesolving given the level of detail behind her reads and her lines of inquiry. Mostly, though, I really like the indignant attitude undercutting all of her posts and the bits of introspection sprinkled throughout her reactions to others (ex: her reaction to Smudger's 63 in her #157 -- "This one really stupid thing is keeping me from voting you and I feel so dirty for that"). I also liked her paranoia of SpyreX in #263 and the way she goes about ruminating over his posts. There's an element of looseness to it that I wouldn't expect from her as scum.

Garmr:
He's another player who feels more invested in the arguments he has against certain players than I'd expect scum with his experience to be. I like the way he stands up to notscience in #125 and his being indignant over notscience calling himself obvtown when he thinks he hasn't done anything worthy of the title reads as genuine. I liked his reaction to Kaze's vote in #303 as it almost feels like he's taking the vote against him to heart which is something I see far more from town. The level of detail he provides for his scumreads on notscience and Kaze reads like legitimate / genuine scumhunting.

SKrew:
He's someone that I don't fully trust myself to read for some reason but I do like a lot of what he's posted. His reaction to the whole argument / line of questioning with Kaze reads very town, particularly with his frustration that Kaze is doing "nothing" with his votes in posts like #207, #209, and #220. I also like the way he calls out SpyreX for the shift of read on his slot, I think he'd have just taken that and ran with it as scum rather than probe into turnaround. I like what I see here but will probably do a meta check whenever I get free time just to be sure.

CTD:
Reading him as town mostly because I think he's playing differently than from what I saw of his scum play in /in-vitational 12. In that game, his votes lacked conviction as he placed them on all of the major wagons of the time with weak / lazy reasoning and he seemed more concerned with following the crowd. The votes he's placed this game have a lot more meat to them and him being shocked early on that people are believing Brian's miller claim wholesale is something I don't really expect from his scum game -- I'd have expected him to drop the issue entirely and move onto something else, not continue to pressure Brian. Need to do a full-on meta check here too, though, as I know he plays a very strong game as scum and I don't remember having read his town games too deeply.

NULL

LolWagons / Smudger:
I had to go over Smudger's ISO a few times to try and get a more firm read and I still feel really conflicted over the slot. I don't like #114 where he questions how people are forming townreads too early as it doesn't read genuine to me and it just feels like he's trying to discredit those reads at the risk of getting boxed in by them later on down the road. His votes on Aeronaut and Maestro do fit the scum-on-the-wagon / "hey we can make this mislynch happen" role given that there's not a whole lot of meat of them. There are also some places where it feels like he's deflecting certain questions by responding with something to the effect of "other people are doing it too" that just rubs me the wrong way. At the same time, some of the things he says do read genuine to me at a gut level -- for example, I really liked his response to SKrew in #178 where he basically says "it's my vote and I do what I want with it". And I do remember his playstyle being hard to read, as some others have mentioned. Hopefully, Slaxx's replace-in will help out here.

CDB:
Liked his entry into the game as that seems consistent with what I remember of his early game play as town, but the fade out really worries me as I know he has a tendency to get lurky / inactive as scum. Expecting more content to hopefully make the slot more readable.

SCUM

SpyreX:
I really disliked his treatment of the miller claim early on in #88 -- his argument that "he's not throwing it up as a shield" makes no sense given that 1) miller claims are mechanically "shields" as it is basically claiming immunity to cop investigations, and 2) Brian
did
initially treat his claim as a shield by telling people to "look elsewhere". He also claims the miller claim is town and wants to win without having to lynch it but then mentions in #335 that it will have to die at some point. The two positions seem mutually exclusive to me. It feels like he's keeping his options open to lynch Brian down the road. I also don't like his progression from AeroSK to Kaze either -- it doesn't make sense for him to feel so confident that Aero is scum to the point where he's willing to hammer that lynch without deliberation (and want that slot's blood all over his face) but then move onto Kaze. In that light, the vote on Kaze feels oppportunistic.

Brian:
I don't like the presentation of the miller claim in #12 with the "look elsewhere" bit on a gut level mostly because it does feel like he's coming into the thread hoping that the ensuing attention on his claim goes away. The main thing that bothers me, though, is that it feels like he's laying the martyr act way to thick -- all throughout his ISO, there's plenty of mentions about how he's ok with being lynched / killed (notable examples include: #18, #43, end of #347). It almost feels like a WIFOMy dare to get him lynched. As far as his scumhunting goes, it's all very surface-level / cursory and I just don't get a sense that he's strongly engaging with the thread.

YYR:
Very weak read here, but I didn't like his cursory mention of the miller claim when he entered the thread in #57. Aside from that, the attacks he's given on Kaze just feels like he's hitting things that look bad on the surface but not aren't actually scummy. Still waiting on more content from him though.

Vote: SpyreX

I'm going to look at some of his scum games and see if there are any patterns in where he puts his partners in reads lists.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:18 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1016, Garmr wrote:Hell yeh who ever. is
vig is way better at picking scum than me
. I Would of shot peabody or NS.
You imply here that your choices of who you'd vig are town?

Idic
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:19 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

In post 1016, Garmr wrote:Hell yeh who ever. is vig is way better at picking scum than me. I Would of shot peabody or NS.
What an odd statement. Why do you assume that your vig choices would have been worse?
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:38 pm

Post by Garmr »

Because i'd never of shot empire he had me fooled. Also I didn't say there town and that's not what I meant to imply.
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:08 am

Post by LolWagons »

Good luck town, thanks for making my first gme back a fun one :>
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:15 am

Post by notscience »

<3 lolwagons

I'm going to do my catchup later tonight.

Why is everyone assuming that's a vig shot?
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:18 am

Post by fferyllt »

I'm not assuming that.

Idic

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”