Mini 1501: We're On A Boat! (END?! results inside)

SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:57 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 772, Peabody wrote:
In post 767, SleepyKrew wrote:Uh no I was pretty confident that he was scum
But then I was lazymode for a few days and then I reassessed
And my reassessment said Brian lynch choo choo
Hm. You said you were coaching him in case he was town. Is this not showing some lack of confidence in your vote? I don't understand why you'd lie about that if you are town.
I can be confident without being certain.
In post 773, Peabody wrote:
In post 764, SleepyKrew wrote:In case I was wrong. I can push a suspect and preach non-game-specific theory at the same time.
Your response is the one I expected but not the one I was hoping for. Going to bed now. Hopefully I'll do that meta on you tomorrow.
What were you hoping for?
"Yes it's a good case"
"Oh look Peabody is scum because a townie wouldn't call a case on their slot good"
To be clear: quack
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:04 am

Post by fferyllt »

Peabody's recent replace-ins.

Mini 1480: Town

Replaced in on page 9. First post was a pretty comprehensive catch up.

Newbie 1426: Town Cop

Replaced in on page 12. First post was a quick "hello and incoming". Next post took a stance on several players. Put a vote down.

Newbie 1432: Town

Replaced in on page 10. First post was another strong catchup culminating in a vote.

His previous few games, he played from the start. Then we're into games that took place in 2010. I'm not sure how relevant play from 3 years ago will be, but I pushed on to see if I could find a game where he replaced in at around 25-30 pages.

Mini 853: Scum

This wasn't a replacement game, but the ISO is pretty interesting. http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go I noticed some "I'll post later" and apologies for not posting. There's also a difference in the comprehensive post once he gets to it. He posts a town-to-scum ranked list.

Mini 859: Town

Another not-replacement game. It's a short ISO (24 posts), and provides a pretty good contrast to the above game. http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p1891444. Incisive questions, and no apology after an activity break - just a promise to post "tomorrow". Which he does.

And, I'm going to stop here for now.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:27 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 748, Peabody wrote:fferyllt - I don't get your unvote from Spyrex. Did you really just unvote him because you think he would have good play? Why did you vote him in the first place?
(fixed the link in the above)

I think I laid down a pretty good trajectory on that vote and unvote, so I'm not sure what has confused you. But, I'll elaborate anyway.

In I described what bugged me about his posts to that point.

In , roughly 10 minutes later, I put the vote down. This is on the hasty side of normal for me, but a reread of SpyreX's iso at that point kinda confirmed that his posts up to that point were reflective and observational. The ornate narrative style caught my attention, but I couldn't decide if there was scummy intent buried in it. More about this later.

, in response to CDB's post about Kuribo's flowchart, I unvoted.

The unvote was not a free day 1 pass. It was essentially an acknowledgement that there's probably more than meets the eye to SpyreX' style and I shouldn't expect to be able to sort him so quickly. It was also an acknowledgement that if he's town, he'll be a valuable asset in this game.

So, about that style and his contributions. I think it would have been relatively easy to go hard after some of the low hanging fruit in this game, and look really proactive and stuff. That's not what SpyreX has done. He put some early policy-style stances into the game, and reiterated them, but hasn't shut things down to focus on those stances alone. He has also taken a more interactive approach to the game.

----------

Overall I feel like this game is stalling. Some of the folks who were active early on have slowed down or faded. I'm fine with a deadline extension.

Idic
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:46 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

P sure I'm one of those people
And honestly I think it's bad for the game if I stay THAT ACTIVE throughout

Deadline extension *thumbsup* but an extension given for the game stalling is an extension given for the wrong reason
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:49 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

SpyreX, do you think your playstyle has changed since Artemis Fowl?
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:56 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

What about since Through a Puppy's Eyes?
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:07 am

Post by Peabody »

In post 775, SleepyKrew wrote:
In post 772, Peabody wrote:
In post 767, SleepyKrew wrote:Uh no I was pretty confident that he was scum
But then I was lazymode for a few days and then I reassessed
And my reassessment said Brian lynch choo choo
Hm. You said you were coaching him in case he was town. Is this not showing some lack of confidence in your vote? I don't understand why you'd lie about that if you are town.
I can be confident without being certain.
In post 773, Peabody wrote:
In post 764, SleepyKrew wrote:In case I was wrong. I can push a suspect and preach non-game-specific theory at the same time.
Your response is the one I expected but not the one I was hoping for. Going to bed now. Hopefully I'll do that meta on you tomorrow.
What were you hoping for?
"Yes it's a good case"
"Oh look Peabody is scum because a townie wouldn't call a case on their slot good"
Hm okay, and that's what I thought.
pitoli
pitoli
Mafia Scum
pitoli
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:19 am

Post by pitoli »

Garmr prodded.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:24 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

In post 766, Peabody wrote:
Hm. So would you say you were waffling while you were pushing for the lynch?
These questions strike me as pushing things that look weird just so that he has something to push.
#greenshirtthursdays
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:49 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 782, pitoli wrote:
Garmr prodded.
mod

So no deadline extension?
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:51 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 696, SleepyKrew wrote:
In post 686, ChannelDelibird wrote:
In post 626, notscience wrote:Everyone died ;-;
This post makes me think notscience is town. You'd think it was an easy thing to say but I've been burned recently by scum who just sat back and observed nothing happening while nothing was happening.
I really don't like the reasoning for this read. IMO:
Generally, when a game is low on activity, coming in and questioning and pushing discussion etc is protown. Just lurking along is generally scummy. Don't you think if he truly cared about getting activity up he'd be more active and more thoughtful and perhaps putting more effort into the game? Don't you also think that something like this ("he's town for commenting on lack of activity) is something that should be judged using a player-by-player case-by-case basis? Do you know that ns hasn't doesn't or wouldn't do this as scum? I don't think you do.
CDB did you address this?
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:22 pm

Post by notscience »

HE NS REREAD, ABRIDGED

This looks forced.

I like this post, this looks pretty pro-town.

I don't like how he's assuming we have a vig.

I don't like this post. It needs backup. It just sounds like a blank statement.

I like how he's trying to stimulate conversation.

Hmmm. At first glance it looks protown, but I'm having second thoughts.

All of CTD's posts on this page give me a paranoid townie feel.

This is a good point. I really like this post, it kinda erases my earlier thoughts thus far.

This post is just absolutely terrible jesus christ. I really don't like any of Aero's posts re:the miller claim

This post, YYR gives a good reason to vote Kaze- and votes Aero. I don't like it.

Is he speculating about a joker or supersaint? I don't like this post, this looks like a faked attempt at being pro-town.

I don't like how he's trying to construe a typo as scummy.

I just noticed a crumb here. I might be wrong, as I don't see scum trying to bait a CC to the neighbor role to pull that shit on a scumbuddy (but if I go into this more I'll wifom myself to death)

This post was really really really really really bad. 1) Tries to stifle transparency 2) This looks like a scum point of view on a wagon. Say that you didn't initially agree but oh something changed your mind (when this was his first mention of said wagon) 3) I don't get the point of that last line to spyrex. Vague buddying?

I don't get the need for this post.

I don't like the end of this post, looks like an early attempt to discredit a wagon if it forms based on that premise.

I smell newbtown in this post

I don't recall a substantative Aeronaut push from him.

Man that guy is an asshole lets PL that shit

I don't like this post. Why? 1) He votes someone he made a better case to vote in his only other post and 2) He seems oblivious to the rest of the game. Almost like scum either attempting a weak tunnel or making sure they interact with their teammate.

This post misreps my iso and jumps on a wagon with a pressure vote after it has become obvious that he's oblivious to pressure. It looks like a really bad attempt to appear pro-town. This misrepp'd my iso by the statement that all I had was RVS jumping then that brigade, when earlier in one of his posts he calls me out for having early reads. This looks like an attempt to buddy garmr (who voted me for similar reasons) as well as discredit me.

I don't like the attitude about me, it's weird. I don't think it's scummy persay, just awkward. Otherwise, I don't find too much else at fault with the post and am left with townvibes.

I like this post.

He calls me scum and he hasn't even voted me.

He says a few posts ago he thinks I'm scum and is trying to rationale his vote on Maestro. Why? Because there's noone doing shit in that slot to call him out for his bullshit.

Scum wouldn't question this. Townpoints to SK.

I like this post.

I like this one as well.

I'm getting some synergy going with CTD, this feels good.

Hm.

I don't like this post. At all.

That's up to page 9. I have-

Smudger, YYR as scumreads

Spyrex, SK, CDB, Garmr, CTD, Plum townreads
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:30 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Could you at least say which post is by which person?
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:31 pm

Post by notscience »

Next block I will
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:43 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 770, SleepyKrew wrote:Dankerschnitzel
Have you had a chance to do this? Or to check through what I dug up?

Idic
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:48 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Not yet. Should be able to do it tomorrow.
pitoli
pitoli
Mafia Scum
pitoli
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:44 pm

Post by pitoli »

In post 784, SleepyKrew wrote:
In post 782, pitoli wrote:
Garmr prodded.
mod

So no deadline extension?
No... the game has already stalled out a bit and I don't want to possibly contribute to that by making day longer. Sorry guys.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:58 pm

Post by Peabody »

In post 783, ChannelDelibird wrote:
These questions strike me as pushing things that look weird just so that he has something to push.
Nope. I'm not saying SK is scum. I just have more doubt now because of it. I'm trying to understand WHY he'd coach someone he was confident was scum. I do like her attempted trap.

Fferylt - A couple of things about my meta: How can you compare my play today with my play in these other games if you haven't read the games in full? What I mean is, you call my catch-up posts good, but how do you know you'd
think
they are good if you are aware of the events in the game? Personally, I do like my catch up posts. Including in this game. But I don't see how you can compare it just by looking at my iso. If you think I'm inconsistent with my town meta, I don't know, it could be true. But this I know, I am town. I do feel my replace in posting is a bit different because of the already-existing pressure on my slot, but rereading my own catch up posts, I still agree with the questions I asked and the stances I've taken. I think people who are reading my posts are confirmation biasing disregarding that my posts actually are town-motivated.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:00 pm

Post by Peabody »

I'm trying to understand WHY he'd coach someone he was confident was scum. I do like her attempted trap.
I mean his. Sorry, SK. I think the avi did continuously get into my head as female.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:02 pm

Post by Peabody »

CDB, - What's wrong with pushing things I think look weird? I will admit that I am pressured to push
something
but I personally think the SK coaching thing is
good
to push if I were to push anything at this point without my iso analysis.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:13 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 792, Peabody wrote:
In post 783, ChannelDelibird wrote:
Nope. I'm not saying SK is scum. I just have more doubt now because of it. I'm trying to understand WHY he'd coach someone he was confident was scum. I do like her attempted trap.

Fferylt - A couple of things about my meta: How can you compare my play today with my play in these other games if you haven't read the games in full? What I mean is, you call my catch-up posts good, but how do you know you'd
think
they are good if you are aware of the events in the game? Personally, I do like my catch up posts. Including in this game. But I don't see how you can compare it just by looking at my iso. If you think I'm inconsistent with my town meta, I don't know, it could be true. But this I know, I am town. I do feel my replace in posting is a bit different because of the already-existing pressure on my slot, but rereading my own catch up posts, I still agree with the questions I asked and the stances I've taken. I think people who are reading my posts are confirmation biasing disregarding that my posts actually are town-motivated.
It wasn't your catch-up posts per se that I was looking at. It was what you posted, if anything, prior to catch-up and the tone/timing/frequency of your early posts.

I didn't read the entirety of any of those games, but I did read your posts in the context of the surrounding 5 or so pages.

The last game I linked (I think it was the last one...), you were mislynched. I paid particular attention to your tone in that one.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:17 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Your catch-up posts are just one piece of your replace-in behavior. And with the lack of a scum-role replace-in drawing strong conclusions is pretty reckless.

I actually found the earlier two games where you were there from the start to be more useful in trying to develop a model because of alignments. But, it's really thin meta.

I'll say more after SleepyCrew has a chance at it because I don't want to bias him with my reactions.

Idic
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:25 pm

Post by Garmr »

Aghh sorry i was going to post in the morning which would of been 1 day and 23 hours (pushing it close) but I over sleeped. My opinions really haven't changed

scum read
Notscience
peabody

town
ferrylt
Sleepy krew
CrashTestDummies

Null- The rest.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:27 pm

Post by Peabody »

Okay, thanks for giving me a fair read then.

My scum meta is pretty lacking/oldddd indeed.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:31 pm

Post by Peabody »

In post 715, Grimgroove wrote:If Kazekirimaru is not scum I'll eat the print-out of this topic!!
A4 size.
Printed back to back (the environment).
Slide show-print, obviously (the environment, you know)
The ammount of slides per page pending on hunger at the time.

LOLLLL!

But I'll do it! I'll eat a piece of paper if Kazekirimaru is not scum!
Will you still do this now that you're sober? ^_^

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”