Mini 405 - GAME OVER on a Loveboat - THE SHIP GOES DOWN!

LyingBrian
LyingBrian
Does not play well with others
LyingBrian

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:26 am

Post by LyingBrian »

wicked wrote:
LyingBrian wrote:even if i was a vanilla townie like i claimed...
IF you were a townie? :shock:
i was speaking from their POV... read that fragment in context, it makes more sense...
wicked wrote:LB you're acting pretty erratic. Are you that role that tries to get himself lynched?
nope, i already told you i'm a vanilla townie... you have no reason to believe me, but it didn't matter to me when i first claimed what i was, so if i would've been mafia, i would've claimed mafia... i was frustrated w/ my stupid computer, and couldn't give a rat's ass about this game (add that to personal problems w/ family)... again i encourage you if you don't believe me to reread my posts from when i came back to now...
Fircoal wrote:LB, your vote hopping like Skruffs seems suspicious, but Skruff seems town to me. Lb, you wanted to be lynched which is also scummy, but I'm not sure whether to believe your intentions or not.
how is wanting to be lynched scummy?..
wicked
wicked
Goon
wicked
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:40 am

Post by wicked »

LB I did read it in context... over and over again. Sounds like a slip to me.

vote LB
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:29 am

Post by LyingBrian »

LyingBrian wrote:i retract my lynch request since someone pointed out that it would not be beneficial to the town even if i was a vanilla townie like i claimed...
try reading it like this
someone wrote:it would not be beneficial to the town even if you are a vanilla townie like you claimed
again, i'll reiterate that i was speaking from their perspective, not mine... another hint that i was speaking from a different perspective is the fact that i said "even if i was" instead of "even if i am"... if i had used the latter instead of the former i would agree it could appear to be a slip-up, but if you are talking about yourself from someone else's perspective, it would be correct to use the past tense like i did...

FOS: wicked

trying to use my bandwagon & lame excuses to get me lynched... it seems like she's grasping at straws to give her enough reason to vote for me...
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:41 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

I'm going to be out of town for the next eight days, and thus unable to check my games. For the duration of that time, I'd like to
proxy my vote to Skruffs
I think he is trustworthy enough, and enough of the same mind as me, to use it well.

See you all next week.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
wicked
wicked
Goon
wicked
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:45 am

Post by wicked »

can you do that CS?
wicked
wicked
Goon
wicked
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:48 am

Post by wicked »

no LB, not grasping. you seem the scummiest based on what you were writing and how you were acting.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:37 pm

Post by Skruffs »

O.o
Not sure what to do with it :P Obv I become a huge target so if I die I will pass it along to someone else.
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:26 pm

Post by kilmenator »

new puter tomorrow, hopefully, will be posting soon after that *crossing my fingers*
Y.C
Y.C
Goon
Y.C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:21 pm

Post by Y.C »

Mod, can CS delegate his voting authority?

On a side note, CS just revealved to us he is a vanilla, since any other role would require participation in nights, something he cannot delegate, I believe.
Arma virumque cano, Troiae qui primus ab oris
Italiam, fato profugus, Laviniaque venit
litora, multum ille et terris iactatus et alto
vi superum saevae memorem Iunonis ob iram
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:35 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

Y.C wrote:Mod, can CS delegate his voting authority?
If he so desires.
M4yhem - "IH loves donking his splourney in public places. He likes it most when little old ladies and school children are nearby, because then he also show off his crot."
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:35 am

Post by Skruffs »

About TCS - I don't want to get into metagaming here, but in Exile he delegated his vote to someone else but said he would be online to post his nominations... So that's not a proven fact - but good point!!
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:02 am

Post by kilmenator »

Alright, I got my new computer, and it is awesome by the way, so for right now, my opinions are....

first off- I dont like how LB is... this game is about keeping our composure and doing what is right for the town. I just got lynched on like day 4 or 5 because I suggested that we needed to lynch someone and to lynch me to prove my innocence, and sure enough they did, and of course I was innocent, but I dont like the part about LB advocating his own lynch. While I dont think it is a necessarily scummy thing to do, I do think that if he were pro-town he would have offered a little more effort.

secondly, I dont like the vote proxy stuff, not because I dont trust Skruffs, but because we all veiw things differently and giving your vote away is not cool at all, and I dont buy the argument that he cant have a night role because he is gone, he could be scum, but not making the kill, and night could possibly last long enough for him to get back.

No vote for now, but I do like that discussion is picking up and I should be available now...
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:41 am

Post by LyingBrian »

@kilmenator

you are exactly correct... my attitude was extremely crappy, and i am ashamed that i let my frustration w/ not being able to be replaced spill over into the game... it shows no integrity, but i'm sure you'll just look at this as my trying to save face rather than what it truly is, an apology to all the other players, and an apology to Sailor Jerry...

however, if the town decides to keep me around, i'll do my best from now on to play this game correctly...

on that note, i also disagree w/ a player being able to proxy their vote, but one way of making sure The Central Scrutinizer is back in time to cast his own vote is to retract the deadline or move it again...

mod, can you please retract the deadline

@Y.C

he could very well be scum w/ Skruffs... proxying your vote means nothing...

FOS: The Central Scrutinizer

@wicked

[sarcasm]i appreciate your challening my rebuttal, rather than just making a general statement[/sarcasm]
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:52 am

Post by Skruffs »

TCS could very very easily be scum - wether he is scum, power role, or townie, he has absolutely no reason tosay "OH AND I'LL BE DOING MY NIGHT ACTION TONITE"
does he? It's just as likely he is scum trying to get comfy with a town in case i die tonight - to partially clear him tommorrowr - or maybe he just really does have faith in me. :P
If he is scum , his buddies will do it for him, if he is town, he doesn't want to reveal that.
LB you can relax, I'm not going to do anything with his vote without a majority of active town's approval. This is assuming the mod even wants to allow it.

LB - it's really hard for me to imagineg you aren't just badly gambitting. I Do not want to lynch another townie. I am very gullible. However, I think your sudden appearance, attack on me, etc, ties in a little too closely with the person i was last voting for basically a fairly weak reason - this makes me think even more that you are trying to pull votes away from them. THe whole "i don't really care, le sigh" attitude turned into attacks on me, and now it's 'by golly I *do* want to play", after you get called out on it. :P It's more fishy than if you had just kept playing dead. :P
It makes me think you were gambitting.
BTW :P is supposed to be : P but they come out funny on here
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:05 am

Post by LyingBrian »

Sailor Jerry wrote:
Y.C wrote:Mod, can CS delegate his voting authority?
If he so desires.
perhaps you missed this post, Skruffs?.. i appreciate what you said about only using his vote w/ majority of active town, but if he's going to be gone, then you could just not use it at all...

if you think i'm badly gambitting, then maybe that should be a point in my favor... i've only gambitted a few times (in which games, i can't think of off the top of my head), but i've stuck w/ the gambit all the way through, i didn't quit, turn a 180, and go the other direction... the only other time i've done what i've done in this game was when i first came to the site, was under attack, and got frustrated, so this behaviour is a tell that i'm frustrated, not scum... i'll keep that in mind, Skruffs, next time i get frustrated i'll just quit... just b/c you think something doesn't make it so, it's all perspective... if you remove yourself from your little box and put yourself in my shoes, maybe you would begin to understand...
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:28 pm

Post by Skruffs »

:P I said I was gullible but my vote still stands, based on the actions you did before you decided you wanted to quit/play again.
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:25 pm

Post by LyingBrian »

and what actions would those be, Skruffs?..
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:02 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

LyingBrian (3) - the Central Scrutinizer, Y.C., wicked
The Central Scrutinizer (1) - Fircoal
Skruffs (1) - Lowell
fircoal (1) - Skruffs
No Lynch (1) - ac1983fan

Not voting (2): kilmenator, LyingBrian

Still FIVE to lynch.

Deadline postponed to 1000 (GMT) on the 14th March.
Last edited by Sailor Jerry on Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
M4yhem - "IH loves donking his splourney in public places. He likes it most when little old ladies and school children are nearby, because then he also show off his crot."
Y.C
Y.C
Goon
Y.C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:52 am

Post by Y.C »

Mod: aren't CS, wicked and me three people?

Please correct the V/C. Thanks in advance.
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:59 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

Edited!
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:07 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Y.C being gone will be the equivalent of Lowell being gone, L.B, unless the majority of remaining town tells me otherwise. I've never heard of someone asking a mod to force-unvote a lurker, before, I'm sure that's not what you are suggesting now.

The hell? I thought I voted him already. If I vote now, he'll be at -1. Not ready for that.

Look for the reasons further up on this page, but I do agree with you about your potential gambitting. If you saw you were caught in somethign stupid, you could have panicked and said "oh I was just attacking you because I don't really care.... but I *do* care, so give me a chance"... as a way to avoid dealing with the initial attack in the first place. I think you were just being sloppy scum, and if you turn out to be scum, that might lead to more scum. Personally I don't feel like I am in a little box, I think I see someone miming a box around themselves that doesn't really exist. There's no way to know, though.
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:33 pm

Post by LyingBrian »

anything you talked about on this page refers to my "gambitting"... nothing on this page refers to my actions before i asked to be replaced... [edit] i just reviewed all your posts over the course of the game, Skruffs, and i didn't see where you were really suspicious of me at all before i asked to be replaced...

FOS: Skruffs

Skruffs literally said
Skruffs wrote:my vote still stands, based on the actions you did before you decided you wanted to quit/play again.
yet i see nothing from that portion of time that supports this... Skruffs seems eager to push my bandwagon, but trying to seem town-friendly by not putting me at lynch -1... scummalicious...
Skruffs wrote:Y.C being gone will be the equivalent of Lowell being gone, L.B, unless the majority of remaining town tells me otherwise. I've never heard of someone asking a mod to force-unvote a lurker, before, I'm sure that's not what you are suggesting now.
whate the heck are you talking about here?..
Skruffs wrote:I do agree with you about your potential gambitting. If you saw you were caught in somethign stupid, you could have panicked and said "oh I was just attacking you because I don't really care.... but I *do* care, so give me a chance"... as a way to avoid dealing with the initial attack in the first place.
again your verbage confuses me... are you trying to say that you think i panicked, or are you trying to say that i could have panicked?... also, please do me a favor, and spend another minute or two composing your posts before you post them... it will help you communicate your ideas to us, and it will help us understand what you're trying to say...
Y.C
Y.C
Goon
Y.C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:53 pm

Post by Y.C »

Skruffs, I also have no frigging idea what you mean about me being gone.

Can you please explain?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:18 am

Post by Skruffs »

Sorry - Y.C was supposed to be TCS. TCS being gone vs Lowell 'here' but noncontributing. I did not mean to use Y.C's name in vain.

L.B -
Skruffs wrote: However, I think your sudden appearance, attack on me, etc, ties in a little too closely with the person i was last voting for basically a fairly weak reason - this makes me think even more that you are trying to pull votes away from them.
Right on this page, too. Did you notice that fircoal - the person I am suggesting you were trying to protect - is not voting you? He was okay with jumping on almost every other wagon, but this one... naw.

Further, you say I am pushing your wagon on you - all I've done is state a case against you. The people who are voting you are voting you because of your own actions, I just put brought them to their attentions.

I don't see why you are asking me to compose my posts. I tend to get letters rearranged, however, I say what I mean - and if what I say causes misunderstanding, I correct myself and take responsibility for what I've done.
Do you? :P

Lastly, if you think me not voting you is scummalicious, than I will be happy to put you at -1 to show my conviction.
Vote : LyingBrian
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:03 pm

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

I'm here... I have very limited internet access this week, but I CAN post. So I hereby un-proxy my vote, and keep my vote on LB. I just don't like his play.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”