Mini 1501: We're On A Boat! (END?! results inside)

Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:01 am

Post by Grimgroove »

No disrespect to those retarded children that don't manage to stand up.

It's not as easy as it seems people!!
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:01 am

Post by Grimgroove »

Damn new page :( Dayyum :(
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:10 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

Can we please feed Grimgroove rope?
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:17 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

Come back when you're sober.
To be clear: quack
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:20 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 727, CrashTextDummie wrote:Can we please feed Grimgroove rope?
Scum #2.

Want me to die before I get a word in huh? I'll keep an eye on you.

Thank you for your kind of advice to whoever it was that gave me kind advice. Very kind of you. Kind of. Also a bit mean.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:21 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Stop it, Grimgroove.
#greenshirtthursdays
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:29 am

Post by Grimgroove »

Fine, buzzkill. I'll stop and give you a townread for free. This is the stress due to hunting for scum speaking.
Scum would behave differently in stressfull situations. More jolly.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:36 am

Post by Grimgroove »

My apologies.
Reading up further now.
But my reads still stand.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:15 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 644, Empire wrote:Wait, so is it the conclusion or the reasoning that resonates with you?
I agree with the reasoning, but it's the null-read that resonates with me. I've had difficulty wrapping my head around Smudger. Normally, my gut would lean one way or the other against a player, even if I think it's wrong. But reading through the posts, I get a hollow feeling, like my gut doesn't even want to contribute. I like Lolwagons for town though.
In post 673, LolWagons wrote:lol idk about my wagon buddies but i aint voting brian because of a miller claim
And this is another reason why I think you're probably town.
In post 683, CrashTextDummie wrote:Brian, why do you categorize yourself as "not a day 1 player"?
Because I don't have any Day 1 scum-hunting techniques like reaction tests and stuff like that. I'm more of an observational player (and person IRL). I'm fine with smaller conversations, but when things get crowded I tend to take a step back and watch.

If/when I get a strong townread or scumread, you'll know: Rows and Columns

Here's a more passive game where my play-style screws over town in the end: VisCon: Sacrifice

I'm town in both games and I lose both games. I still haven't won a game yet, it's rather depressing.

Also, if you try to peg me down by meta or play-style, you're probably going to be wrong. I'm a new player to this site with a lack of experience and I'm trying different approaches. Oh, and I have the tendency to obvtown (so do look for that; see Mismatched, Rows and Columns).

Things to note:
1) I prefer to be more analytical. I also think too much. This is one of the reasons I'm trying to train my gut to be useful and not be an idiot.
2) I prefer to be more cautious. I need to be convinced there is a good reason to lynch somebody.
3) I would rather no lynch than lynch somebody I think could be town unless in Lylo.
4) Even though I deny being an emotional player, I am an emotional player.
5) I tend to hold my vote, not vote, or not move my vote when I shouldn't. This might be anti-town, but I don't care.

Other notes:
-After thinking about it, I like Garmr for town. He starts off pretty well by attacking notscience. But his reaction to Kaze's vote doesn't read as town to me and looks more reactive than anything. He says to lynch somebody that fits a particular set of descriptions for a good lynch, and he does offer Kaze as a good target (but this still feels reactionary). I still like his suspicions against notscience.
-CDB comes in with a feeble townread on notscience. A lot of people already have townreads on notscience so I see it as a way to jump on the townread wagon. I could be wrong, but this is how I see it.
-notscience still doesn't seem town to me at all. I have some familiarity with notscience, but he is the type of player I will never be comfortable reading.
-Grimgroove needs to stop spamming the thread so I can care enough to actually develop a read on him.
-Aeronaut looked optimistic on his early wagon jump. His defense wasn't that good either. I did like SK's approach to attacking everything that moved (early townread). However, now that pressure has dissipated off her a bit, she is already resorting to a utility lynch. I think it's scummy to lynch somebody just for information instead of for a scumread (if she thought I was scum when she voted me, then she should have said so). SK drops down my reads list (I don't really have an active list somewhere; just assume she's in my lynch pile somewhere).
-Fferyl and CTD are solid townreads for me. Fferyl feels warm and fuzzy and I don't see scum-motivation in her actions. CTD has the best reasoning to lynch me and he's extremely blatant about it. His actions read as town.
pitoli
pitoli
Mafia Scum
pitoli
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:18 am

Post by pitoli »

Just prodded Plum.
Brian got a prod literally two seconds after he posted, so sorry about that.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:22 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 27, Kazekirimaru wrote:Not sure how to feel about miller claim.

Seen it legit before; seen it used as a scum gambit before.
In post 32, Kazekirimaru wrote:
In post 30, notscience wrote:Yup.

Miller claims are absolutely null and wifom.
The fuck they are.
In post 62, Kazekirimaru wrote:
In post 57, YYR wrote: You express yourself rather unsure about the miller claim, but yet are so adamant about them not being null tells in your next post. Then surely you have more of an opinion on the miller claim besides 'I dunno,' especially with the potential of the growing wagon.
Idk about HIS miller claim. But miller claims in general are not null. Apples and oranges.

I'm pretty alright with the aeronaut vote right meow

Unvote

VOTE: Aeronaut
In post 68, Kazekirimaru wrote:Bad excuses are bad and you should feel bad.

We got a live one, here.
To be honest I'm really not certain how to undertake this catch-up. I'm in it for fun and browsing through 25 pages and taking miticulous notes on everyone simply isn't going to happen. Normally I like to be precise in communication but it would be too tedious to cover all those pages in my usual style.

Given the pressure that's apparently on my slot, I doubt a summary of reads on people will convince you, but I don't see any other way of doing this. The fact the pressure is coming from fferyllt I'm not automatically assuming this is scumlead given my townread on her, so I guess there are sincere concerns, which will probably will need to be aleviated by yours truly.

Later I'll get into the existing case on my slot, as far as I'll be able to because it's quite difficult to talk for someone else.

The spamming stops now. I was not entirely myself and I'm sorry for having been an annoyance. It all seemed very funny at the time.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:23 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 733, Brian Skies wrote:This might be anti-town, but I don't care.
No. Bad. Fix it.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:23 am

Post by Grimgroove »

Beh, those Kazeki quotes aren't meant to be there, a remnant of me "plussing" those quotes earlier.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:25 am

Post by notscience »

Srsmode ns coming after a full restary and reread
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:29 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 733, Brian Skies wrote:However, now that pressure has dissipated off her a bit, she is already resorting to a utility lynch.
We have 4 days. And the pressure on me dissipated pretty much as soon as I replaced in.

Also
In post 614, SleepyKrew wrote:I am a guy. That is why it says Gender: Male on all my posts. Can't a guy have a Princess Leia avatar?
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:31 am

Post by notscience »

So srsmode that ffery and Brian scumread me btw
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:39 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 740, notscience wrote:So srsmode that ffery and Brian scumread me btw
What?
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:40 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 735, Grimgroove wrote:Later I'll get into the existing case on my slot, as far as I'll be able to because it's quite difficult to talk for someone else.
I don't think anyone expects you to talk for your predecessor. They shouldn't.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:42 am

Post by fferyllt »

UNVOTE

Idic
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:03 pm

Post by Empire »

Shameless prod dodge, too busy being forced to be social, catching up tomorrow.

Also, since the important thing just finished, notscience's play in Cabd's game where he was scum is totally different from how he's playing here, which formed a big part of my read. I can't link it because fuck phone posting, but I encourage everyone to take a look at it (especially you, ffery). Get the feeling the Neighborhood thing is TvT.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:29 pm

Post by fferyllt »

I played that game, Empire.

I am not scumreading ns. I don't understand why ns said that earlier. Link to game: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=31155

Idic
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:04 pm

Post by notscience »

Because that is my first serious game and now im going to start being serious here.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:16 pm

Post by Plum »

Sorry for the inactivity. Didn't manage to get a post in Friday afternoon, Friday night/Saturdays always bad for me because Jewish Sabbath. Aaaaaanyway.
In post 627, SleepyKrew wrote:Plum, thoughts on Brian lynch?
Better than YYR/Grimgroove (have skimmed ahead); Brian is somewhat scummier to my reading (esp. given Grimgroove reads Townish to me). May be the best viable option, especially given that the chances of him looking much better and not being a constant is-he-or-isn't-he debate as the game goes on don't seem particularly high, either.

Pretty meh on Peabody, to be honest. Grimgroove feels great - high, but super proactive in a catchup read. His scumhunting drive feels pretty convincing. It's something that feels lacking in Peabody's. Peabody asks a few questions little conviction; he notes a lot of people, often in the form of questions, but I'm not sure what he thinks of anyone but the couple of people (fferylt and SK, surprise surprise) he thinks look at least a little Town.
In post 663, LolWagons wrote:You don't seem too upset the wagon youre on isnt taking off anymore. Has anything changed about your read?
Not particularly, though I don't feel extremely confident about this game overall. I certainly didn't have time or energy this past week to do a very hard push. I really don't like the notion that a strong player shouldn't be lynched early because his scumhunting could pay dividends. The longer a strong player stays alive the more he can do for his team, but that goes whether he's Town or not; a strong scum player alive Day 3 and 4 in a game like this can be a very very dangerous beast. I didn't say much against it at the time - somewhat demoralized, I guess, and a difference of opinion that was rooted in a theory disagreement seemed unlikely to sway fferylt, for instance. I thought the wagon might yet have something in it. That's certainly not the case now. Blah.

Going back over stuff, Peabody's second post of catching up is more of the same.
In post 672, Peabody wrote:I don't want to waste our Day 1 lynch on a miller claim. It robs us of information for day 2. Scum can easily pass on "Yeah, this lynch should happen," instead of contributing in a meaningful way.
Also, also,
this
. Peabody, do you have a read on Brian? Have you tried to read him? At all? Your catchup notes list him once, and that's to say you're ignoring the Miller claim in reading him. Passing on trying to read him given the situation seems like even less meaningful contribution and much less accountability than the situation you describe.
In post 682, CrashTextDummie wrote:I did some reminiscing about the good old days and realized that I actually replaced into a game with Spyrex and Plum once (the latter being part of a hydra) where they were both scum and I correctly read the former and was completely snowed by the latter. I'll try to find the time to reread it. Did a very cursory glance of the two games Empire linked and don't feel confident in forming a full meta yet.
I remember that game! I actually reread it around when I came back to the site shortly before this game because of the fond memories :)
In post 684, ChannelDelibird wrote:Klaxons here - Blank 'explanation questions' on are the easiest to ask. Scum prefer them.
^5

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Peabody
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:00 pm

Post by Peabody »

fferyllt - I don't get [http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 7#p5356697] your unvote from Spyrex[/url]. Did you really just unvote him because you think he would have good play? Why did you vote him in the first place?

This post by CTD is well-thought out and probably coming from a town.
Spyrex wrote:Lets pretend there's a game, and there's a guy being a stud. The towniest town that ever towned. Then you lynch a framer. Then you find a cop's breadcrumbs clearly saying mr town is guilty.

Does he get lynched? You bet your ass - unless the town wins before it gets to that point. You dont leave dangling things like that around at lylo, because they lose games. Now, if you think he's town you keep him around just long enough to try and let him finish it off before he has to die.

Millers are a lot like that. There's a lot of scenarios where Brian has to go, but none of those change that I think he's town. He can't be here at lylo. So, either he dies or we win before that point.
I agree and disagree with this. I -hate- policy lynches because they just rob us of information. Town and scum alike can say 'This person -has- to die' and thus the information of who was for or against the lynch largely turns out to be null. I -do- agree that there will be a problem if this framed person/miller makes it to lylo.

Hmm, I like this from Spyrex:
Spyrex wrote:A Maestro wagon D1 is lazy. Maestro, as owner of the slot, did nothing. Empire came in and managed in one post to say very little concrete with a lot of feelings (and junk) that just magically happened to coincide with a wagon that sprung up as he was rereading. Masterful. More importantly, one has nothing to do with the other. Maestro=nothing=bad. Empire=words=bad. One feeds into the other because its the same slot but that read is entirely from Empire.
Empire, what was the reason for your post on neighbors? Like, what was it meant for?

I like this post by Empire.
Garmr wrote:Well peabody May be a while and even through I didn't like kaze's way of acting

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Nonscience

Round two ding ding 471 is the only post that looks like scum hunting between 246 and 635. That's along time to not give any reads on a player. He just seems to be dodging that prod and riding those waves off ohh his town early game.
Is the only reason you unvoted me because I was in the process of rereading? I'd love to hear more about your ns case.

Also, re: 675, I meant to link you to this post.

Slaxx - Why did you feel the need to point this out? I would have let me respond.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:01 pm

Post by notscience »

In post 747, Plum wrote:Sorry for the inactivity. Didn't manage to get a post in Friday afternoon, Friday night/Saturdays always bad for me because Jewish Sabbath. Aaaaaanyway.
In post 627, SleepyKrew wrote:Plum, thoughts on Brian lynch?
Better than YYR/Grimgroove (have skimmed ahead); Brian is somewhat scummier to my reading (esp. given Grimgroove reads Townish to me). May be the best viable option, especially given that the chances of him looking much better and not being a constant is-he-or-isn't-he debate as the game goes on don't seem particularly high, either.

Pretty meh on Peabody, to be honest. Grimgroove feels great - high, but super proactive in a catchup read. His scumhunting drive feels pretty convincing. It's something that feels lacking in Peabody's. Peabody asks a few questions little conviction; he notes a lot of people, often in the form of questions, but I'm not sure what he thinks of anyone but the couple of people (fferylt and SK, surprise surprise) he thinks look at least a little Town.
In post 663, LolWagons wrote:You don't seem too upset the wagon youre on isnt taking off anymore. Has anything changed about your read?
Not particularly, though I don't feel extremely confident about this game overall. I certainly didn't have time or energy this past week to do a very hard push. I really don't like the notion that a strong player shouldn't be lynched early because his scumhunting could pay dividends. The longer a strong player stays alive the more he can do for his team, but that goes whether he's Town or not; a strong scum player alive Day 3 and 4 in a game like this can be a very very dangerous beast. I didn't say much against it at the time - somewhat demoralized, I guess, and a difference of opinion that was rooted in a theory disagreement seemed unlikely to sway fferylt, for instance. I thought the wagon might yet have something in it. That's certainly not the case now. Blah.

Going back over stuff, Peabody's second post of catching up is more of the same.
In post 672, Peabody wrote:I don't want to waste our Day 1 lynch on a miller claim. It robs us of information for day 2. Scum can easily pass on "Yeah, this lynch should happen," instead of contributing in a meaningful way.
Also, also,
this
. Peabody, do you have a read on Brian? Have you tried to read him? At all? Your catchup notes list him once, and that's to say you're ignoring the Miller claim in reading him. Passing on trying to read him given the situation seems like even less meaningful contribution and much less accountability than the situation you describe.
In post 682, CrashTextDummie wrote:I did some reminiscing about the good old days and realized that I actually replaced into a game with Spyrex and Plum once (the latter being part of a hydra) where they were both scum and I correctly read the former and was completely snowed by the latter. I'll try to find the time to reread it. Did a very cursory glance of the two games Empire linked and don't feel confident in forming a full meta yet.
I remember that game! I actually reread it around when I came back to the site shortly before this game because of the fond memories :)
In post 684, ChannelDelibird wrote:Klaxons here - Blank 'explanation questions' on are the easiest to ask. Scum prefer them.
^5

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Peabody

o/ woo jewish

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”