Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:57 pm

Post by Fritzler »

Adele wrote:
MrBuddyLee wrote:Adele, what gives you the idea that he's flippant townie instead of flippant scum? Unsubstantiated, it looks like a lazy "read" by lazy scum.
I said that the flippant-townie mood is fakeable. When someone's said as little as Fritz has, you gotta go on your vibe, and the vibe seems townie-ish to me; though that is just my feeling.
Was there something specific that tweaked you, or was it just "lazy read = lazy scum"?
she actually said that not just anyone coudl fake it, but i was exceptional at it

HOLLLLLAH
Surfs up dude.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:59 pm

Post by Glork »

Fritz are you voting for Adele yet?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:59 pm

Post by Mgm »

I'll repeat the question, Glork. What is so scummy about Adele apart from the supposed Mgm-connection?
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:48 pm

Post by Zindaras »

I've got a browser on view all posts by Mgm at home and I've started doing some analyzing on it, but I'm at uni now so I won't be able to finish it.

Instead, I'd like to ask everyone their opinions on Adele, Mgm and Thesp.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:11 pm

Post by Mgm »

Zindaras wrote:I've got a browser on view all posts by Mgm at home and I've started doing some analyzing on it, but I'm at uni now so I won't be able to finish it.

Instead, I'd like to ask everyone their opinions on Adele, Mgm and Thesp.
I'm assuming you know my opinion already.
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:36 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Vote Count

Thesp: 4 (ChannelDelibird Cogito Ergo Sum Adele Mgm)
Mgm: 2 (Patrick Fritzler)
Ether: 1 (MrBuddyLee Nightfall)
ChannelDelibird: 1 (Thesp)
Nightfall : 1 (Ether)
Adele: 1 (Glork)

Not voting: Zindaras

Looking for 7 votes for a lynch!

119 hours and 54 minutes until deadline!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:58 am

Post by Thesp »

Fritzler wrote:anyone want to run up adele so thesp isn't lynched?

im looking at you thesp
I'd go for Adele over me.

MrBuddyLee wrote:CES and Thesp, you never REALLY answered my question, so I'll restate: how do you see Thesp D1 and CES D2 behavior differing?
Sorry, I missed it then. I gave reasons for my votes on Patrick. I would recommend you review CES's approach to my lynching. While they equate in fervor, they differ in substance.
ChannelDelibird wrote:Town should not be calling for someone to die so repeatedly and vehemently on such a lack of basis.
What do you think of Cogito Ergo Sum? A cursory scan of your posts shows no substantive pressure on him, yet his activity in the thread would epitomize the idea you're putting forth here to attack me.
Further FOS: ChannelDelibird.

ChannelDelibird wrote:
Thesp wrote:Why are scum more likely to be adamant and vocal? My experience has been the opposite, particularly because scum know the particular wagon-victim is town, want to push it along, but don't want to be associated too strongly with it. Your behavior D1 is consistent with this.
"I wouldn't do that as scum" = WIFOM.
You need to be taken to task for this. You are unfairly using the brand WIFOM with little actual basis.

Let's examine the form of the argument here.

CDB: I think Thesp is more likely to be scum because he exhibits
A
Thesp: In my experience, scum are more likely to exhibit
~A
(Not-A), which I have seen
you
doing.
CDB: Thesp, you are using WIFOM, which is scummy.

I think this would be a fair characterization for your attack.
If this is the form for WIFOM
, WIFOM is useless to the point of absurdity. In the first, I am not using
A
as a defense, as I know fully well I could be deliberately countering known or perceived scum tendencies. (I've long thought defenses are largely overrated, much because of this possibility.) In the second, I am using it to attack you, as I believe you are exhibiting tendencies scum frequently exhibit. It is ludicrous to suggest that an attack on you so phrased is WIFOM. Consider the above example, substituting for A, the concept, "is named Thesp". (In my experience, I believe I have been scum less than statistically likely to be scum, so people who are not Thesp are more likely to be scum. Yes, it's a terrible argument, but look where I'm going:)

CDB: I think Thesp is more likely to be scum because he exhibits
being named Thesp
Thesp: In my experience, scum are more likely to exhibit
not being named Thesp
, which I have seen
you
doing.
CDB: Thesp, you are using WIFOM, which is scummy.

The form is clearly absurd. (Note that it doesn't terribly matter what
A
is, this is purely for examining whether or not WIFOM is used here.) What you are doing is taking a disagreement over what scum are more actually likely to do, and trying to pin it on me as WIFOM. You are looking for excuses to vote me rather than looking for who might be scum, and
that
is scummy.

I
so
wish I was a vig. Curse you, spectrumvoid, for wasting your shot on IH.

ChannelDelibird is exhibiting the classic characteristics of scum silently pushing terrible wagons, showing up only when called on. This must stop, and lynching him is the way to do it.
ChannelDelibird wrote:Fritzler only made 2 more posts than me on Day 1, and at least half of those were noncontent.
I have reviewed his posts, and agree that's a point against him. I still think he's town for other outweighing reasons that I don't care to divulge. Given that, it leaves you as the only other person I see who fits the description of "[jumping] on a bandwagon of a townie, then [contributing] nothing to continue the bandwagon nor anything to dissuade it". It's scummy to the core.

I understand the Ether and Adele hate, and would switch to either to save my own skin, but I continue to think ChannelDelibird is far and away the best lynch.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:09 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Thesp is scum.
Mgm is town.
Adele is either.

There you go, Zind.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:45 am

Post by Glork »

Mgm wrote:I'll repeat the question, Glork. What is so scummy about Adele apart from the supposed Mgm-connection?
Her mannerisms in dealing with the SV and Andrew bandwagons did not sit well with me. I got the feeling that she was trying to appear helpful while just sitting back and letting things happen.

I *REALLY* did not like the way she said that I "owe [MGM] an apology" in 477 when MGM responded to my attacks on him a few posts earlier. I also did not like how she seemed to sheep my vague suspicion of Ether. Maybe I'm just misreading her posts, though; Adele usually comes across as scummy to me.

As far as I can tell, she never responded to my question in Post 537 asking why she wasn't voting.

I'm put off by the way that both MGM and Adele jumped on Thesp. I've found, based on past experience, that when a decently-respected player (such as myself, I would like to think) makes a list of 3-5 players who they believe might be scum (as I did with MGM, Thesp, Adele, Ether, CDB), and one of them (Thesp) finds themselves being attacked by multiple others (MGM, Adele), then that one is more likely to be pro-town and at least one of the attackers is more likely to be scum. As with any tell, it's imperfect, but it does bother me quite a bit.

Post 597 is more evidence of my supsicions. When somebody loses a post, even if it was a day or two before, they usually at least have an idea of what they were thinking. This type of carelessness/forgetfulness ("I forgot what I wanted to say," "I forgot who I was voting for," and so on) is, IMO, a very legitimate scumtell in experienced, intelligent players... which Adele certainly is. I feel as though that was another post that tried to make it look like Adele cared/particpated more than she actually has.

So there's more than just a connection to a player I find scummy. It's the mutual connection

I am, however, beginning to consider the case that Patrick + one of Adele/MGM is scum and that Thesp + the other of Adele/MGM is town. The fact that Adele and MGM have both supported each other as I have attacked each of them. Adele was more direct in her defense of MGM, though, since MGM seems to just want clarification on why I think Adele is scum.

I think I currently want Adele lynched more than I want MGM lynched.

I still want Zindaras to be more active -- lurking is something that I rarely see him do, and it could be an indiation that he's scum. (As far as I know, he has been active and has shown up pro-town in prior games that I've played with him. My memory may fail me on this point, though.)

I also want Ether to weigh in more with regards to the whole MGM/Adele/Thesp situation. She's gotten in a spat with Nightfall, but I don't recall reading anything profound with regard to this particular topic of conversation. Part of me wonders if maybe she's trying to cause a distraction of some kind so as to pull us away from this other debate.

Also, I'm going to be gone all weekend visiting family. I think I'll be back Monday sometime. I might get back Sunday evening/night/late (EST).
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:37 am

Post by Fritzler »

unvote vote: adele
Surfs up dude.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:54 am

Post by Patrick »

Glork wrote:I am, however, beginning to consider the case that Patrick + one of Adele/MGM is scum and that Thesp + the other of Adele/MGM is town.
How on earth have you made this connection?
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:08 am

Post by Glork »

Patrick wrote:
Glork wrote:I am, however, beginning to consider the case that Patrick + one of Adele/MGM is scum and that Thesp + the other of Adele/MGM is town.
How on earth have you made this connection?
I meant to go back and change that to specify which (Patrick/Adele as scum, MGM/Thesp as town). There was something that I saw that made me think that you were a bad guy. I think it was in that whole "bloody kinfe" example/debate. I'll go see if I can recall exactly what that was.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:51 pm

Post by Zindaras »

Mgm comes in pretty late. He asks me why I'm not voting AndrewS even though he WIFOM'd. He defends AndrewS-wagoners but doesn't vote himself. Votes Glork, wants SV to claim, fuels the AndrewS-wagon. Suggests SK. Pushes the AndrewS-wagon. Thinks IH-vig is reasonable because most of the town agrees with it (Note that he never actually says anything about IH except that he "needs to take a look at his posts."). 419 looks a bit odd to me. There's a possible Patrick-defense in Post 457. Votes Glork in an OMGUSsy fashion. Wants AndrewS to claim as well, says he didn't fish for SV to claim. Post 481 looks really contrived to me. FoSes Fritz over Nightfall's PbPA. Votes Thesp because his Glorkvote isn't going anywhere.

Overall, I don't really like his posts, when I look at them in isolation. Some odd posts, some scummy posts. I think it's enough to
Vote: Mgm
/agree.
I still want Zindaras to be more active -- lurking is something that I rarely see him do, and it could be an indiation that he's scum. (As far as I know, he has been active and has shown up pro-town in prior games that I've played with him. My memory may fail me on this point, though.)
Lurking's not a scumtell for me, it's mainly a busytell. I hate lurking and wouldn't even want to win by doing it.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:56 pm

Post by Zindaras »

I again took a look at Adele's posts in isolation, and I still think she's town.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:09 pm

Dude, Zind, Mgm is town. Trust me on this one.

Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:16 pm

Post by Zindaras »

How sure are you about your statements that Thesp is scum and Mgm is town?
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:39 pm

70% and 90%, I'd say. (I'm not really more sure about Mgm being town, but the odds of someone being town tends to be higher, because we have more town than scum.

Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:54 am

Post by Patrick »

Zindaras wrote:
Glork (tags corrected) wrote:I am, however, beginning to consider the case that Patrick + one of Adele/MGM is scum and that Thesp + the other of Adele/MGM is town.
/agree.
I think you're pretty full of it Zindaras. Glork has claimed that I'm connected to Adele, no reasons provided yet. You're claiming that Adele is town. So I'm assuming Mgm is the person you're connecting me to. I'd like you to explain this, preferably with something other than gut. I think it's pretty obvious that mgm and I are not scum together.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:13 am

Post by Zindaras »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:70% and 90%, I'd say. (I'm not really more sure about Mgm being town, but the odds of someone being town tends to be higher, because we have more town than scum.
Why?
Patrick wrote:I think you're pretty full of it Zindaras. Glork has claimed that I'm connected to Adele, no reasons provided yet. You're claiming that Adele is town. So I'm assuming Mgm is the person you're connecting me to. I'd like you to explain this, preferably with something other than gut. I think it's pretty obvious that mgm and I are not scum together.
Touchy, aren't we?

Your attack on Mgm says nothing. I think you're scummy, and I think Mgm is scummy, and it's pretty stupid to say "I'm attacking Mgm and doing this and that so I can't possibly be scum with him!"

I am not connecting you to him, I'm saying you're both scum. I'm not saying either of you is scum because the other is scum.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:14 am

Post by Zindaras »

EBWOP: Why as in "Why so certain?"
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:16 am

Post by Patrick »

Zindaras wrote:Touchy, aren't we?
Yes.

Let me the change it for you then. You haven't explained why I'm scummy at all.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:24 am

Post by Zindaras »

I think you've been really Omgussy and overaggressive regarding people attacking you (specifically me).
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:37 am

Post by Patrick »

Zindaras wrote:I think you've been really Omgussy and overaggressive regarding people attacking you (specifically me).
Bullshit. I haven't been particularly aggressive in this game. OMGUSy? Which game are you reading? I firstly got attacked by MBL and Glork for thinking of voting one of the two vote leaders three days before the deadline. Did I accuse them in return? I then got attacked by Thesp, for terrible reasons. I fosed him for reasons I've explained. Do you see me voting him? Naw. It would have been easy to do, but I disliked the way two ppl hopped onto his wagon, and it makes me think he's more likely to be town. Ether has vaguely kind of attacked me by linking me to Nightfall. I've asked her for reasons why, not overaggressively or OMGUSy at all. Glork has now claimed I'm scum with Adele. I haven't attacked him for it. Now you've attacked me. Those are the main places where people have attacked me, and I don't think my responses bear out what you've been claiming at all. And yes, if people atack me for what I consider to be crap reasons, I will be touchy. I yes, you know that already. So I don't take those suspicions as very genuine at all. Please find a realistic way to attack me.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:16 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

OK, call me crazy but that's some genuine angst right there.

*hug*
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:50 am

Post by Patrick »

Well what I don't like is that Zindaras has expressed virtually no suspicion of me so far, apart from a weird suggestion early on that I wasn't posting enough, which was both untrue and hypocritical. Then the game continues for a while. Glork comes out and says I'm scum with Adele, and then Zindaras steps out of his slimy pond and tags on an /agree to that. When I ask how he's connected me to mgm he says he hasn't. When I ask why he thinks I'm individually scummy he comes up with the lamest reasons ever, which look like he could have just made them up on the spot, and which I think are completely untrue. I really dislike that. I can't work out whether he's just being lazy, or if he's scum, or maybe lazy scum. But I have some trouble believing he's pro town and thinks I'm scum for those reasons.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”