Newbie 320 - Berry Village Mafia V (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:37 pm

Post by Peter Venkman »

Nocmen> I am trying to make mental "scum pairs" of players too. However, I disagree with your CES/Remu combo. It would be just plain stupid for CES to try to distance himself from his scum partner this early by
nearly
lynching him.

I could see that tactic working end-game in 20+ Mafia situation, but here it would be a bad move.

If CES is scum, I felt his partner would most likely be the AFK Caddock.

Green & Eldarion> I appreciate you using FoS's at this point. We are down to only six players and if Caddock is not scum this statisticly puts Town at a serious disadvantage. We really, really need to wait until Player #7 arrives before more action is taken.

-Peter
Back off, man. I'm a scientist.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:13 am

Post by Nocmen »

Nocmen wrote:I was also on at that time, but like Eldarion I did not respond. To me, going after remus at that time wasnt worth forcing a hammer yet, especially because I like to hear people respond before I vote for them when they are near a do or die situation(in this case, remus did answer, but just made him look worse, making me feel safer voting into him).
But I do agree that it was very bad for CES to put up the third vote, hoping that someone could go and just take him out, and then planning on voting for the 4th guy tomorrow saying its his fault for the mislynch.
This game is really showing a CES-Remus pair for the scum in my eyes.
And that is why you dont go on here while have asleep/half hungover. I didnt bother checking for my post to make sense, and it did show a huge flaw in my logic. From what it seemed, CES wanted to force a mislynch, but only by putting the third vote up on it, and making whoever was unlucky enough to hammer to take the blame.
Remus did overreact, making me to think he is scum, and thus for some reason I interpretted both as scum at the same time. Now this would be quite impossible without two mafia familys (which we know because this is a newbie C9 game cant be possible), so either two things are true.
1. CES is scum, Remus is not, using remus's overreaction to play us (which I think I even was played on with).
2. Remus is scum, CES is not and is trying to lynch him for some reason.

1 seems more possible to me, as if CES really wanted to lynch Remus and thought Remus was truely scum, he wouldnt have unvoted the way he did, for he would have no problem with hammering Remus.
Unvote, Vote:CES
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:21 am

Post by Blackberry »

Azibo Village Vote Count
[/color]

Cogito Ergo Sum
# 1 [Nocmen]
remussaidow
# 1 [GreenLiquid]

Not Voting: now a ranger, Eldarion, Peter Venkman, remussaidow, Cogito Ergo Sum

Four Votes to Lynch.

Now a ranger
replaces
Caddock
now a ranger
now a ranger
Goon
now a ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:06 am

Post by now a ranger »

Hi people! Confirmed! Day 1 is usually for random accusations, so

Vote: Cogito Ergo Sum
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:21 am

Post by remussaidow »

we're a little past the randoming stage NaR (hope you don't mind if I shorten it), so would you happen to have any particular reasoning behind that vote?
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:04 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

A third vote, though certainly somewhat risky, is not and never will be a lynch. And I don't think there's a newbie in this game that would make such a silly mistake(apart perhaps from newbie scum, but that would be helpful.)

Son of Mars, don't be such a spoilsport. Let the man have his random vote!
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:13 pm

Post by remussaidow »

no vote is truly random CES. Whether its because the die told you so.

or because the christmashat wearing pet from futurama ticked him off, there is a reason.
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:33 pm

I know, it's not random, it's arbitrary. I'm still going to call it random, because that's how we do things around here.

now a ranger
now a ranger
Goon
now a ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:37 pm

Post by now a ranger »

There is nothing behind my vote, except an instinct and extrapolating gut feeling that Cogito Ergo Sum is a cherrie.
now a ranger
now a ranger
Goon
now a ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:38 pm

Post by now a ranger »

sometimes this game is all about luck, finding mafia, so why not press our luck?
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:29 pm

Post by Peter Venkman »

Now a Ranger> Welcome to the game! I'm glad the whole crew is finially gathered...

Have you read the whole thread yet? Like Remus said, we are a little past the random voting stage. There is a good deal of posting material from each player to analyize.

Being that you are last to the party, you have a nice clean slate, and probobly don't appear suspicious to anyone.

I'd like your oppinion on why Remus wasn't hammered when he had three votes on him.

...a theory of mine is that CES is scum, and you are scum #2. Remus wasn't hammered because you weren't playing yet.

I understand that you will feel defensive about this, and I learned earlier this game that it's hard not to get emotional when someone FoS's you. Please, respond to my accusation, but remember it's currently just a theory. I'm not kicking your dog or anything, or even
voting
on you.

Finially, I completely disagree that this game is about luck. I've read through enough threads to see that good logical play can win it for town. Town only has one motivation, wheras scum has two contradictory motivations. Scum tells appear because it is impossible to play both sides without betraying yourself somewhere.

-Peter
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:30 am

now a ranger wrote:There is nothing behind my vote, except an instinct and extrapolating gut feeling that Cogito Ergo Sum is a cherrie.
So your vote is not random? You've read the thread and you feel I'm more likely to be scum?

now a ranger
now a ranger
Goon
now a ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:24 am

Post by now a ranger »

Yes, I think you were pretty explicit in your somewhat prudent posts.

I think CES is very likely to scum and cast the 3rd vote, then tried to hope someone would inadvertently place the 4th vote without notice. Then, as Peter said, when vote count came out, he took it back.... pretty suspicious eh? Scummy yes

It's pretty clear, I dunno, that he switched his vote all of a sudden and didn't answer Peter's question, and he seems like he was lurking and eluding the questions surrounding him, hoping the situation would calm down.

This is my point of view. You all might differ.

This is what I thought after reading the 1st few pages that I missed since I wasn't in the game yet as a replacement.
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:16 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

Hey everyone> Over the next four days my computer access will be limited. I'll be certain to post
at least
once a day.

Now a Ranger> You say CES avoided a direct question from me, and this is a scum tell. Do you realize you just did the same thing?

You point at CES, but remember, if CES turns out scum, by my logic outlined earlier I beleive you are scum no. 2. If CES turns out Town, everyong voting for him is going to look pretty stupid.

Care to give us a different explindation as to why you are not scum no 2? Using the logic that Remus didn't get hammered because scum was AFK implicates yourself.

-Peter
now a ranger
now a ranger
Goon
now a ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:24 am

Post by now a ranger »

Since this is a simple game of Mafia vs. Non-Mafia, there isn't much I can claim if you all choose to go after me.

I don't otherwise really get a place to defend myself against such flimsy reasoning.

How on earth does CES turning out scum make me a scum? I don't understand this theoretical logic at all.

I think Caddock was just plain inactive. I can't do anything about that part of the game when Remus had 3 votes on him, since I didn't even have a chance to find out what I would have done if I had been in that ideal situation.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:34 am

Post by remussaidow »

Ideal situation, ranger? how would that have been an ideal situation.
now a ranger
now a ranger
Goon
now a ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:48 am

Post by now a ranger »

i meant if I had been in the game during the time when you had 3 votes on yourself
now a ranger
now a ranger
Goon
now a ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:27 am

Post by now a ranger »

I think we as a town should just lynch CES and see if we are right, and go on from there.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:26 am

Post by remussaidow »

see, now thats a scum mindset.

Town lynches town today, we're in a lynch or lose tomorrow, bad position for town. And if we quick lynch today, we don't even have any discussion to go on. thus, since that is not what the town wants, the town is in a very bad position.
now a ranger
now a ranger
Goon
now a ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:27 am

Post by now a ranger »

I think you've rushed quite quickly to your "buddy's" protection on post 117. Even more reason to lynch CES, and probably you next. Or vice versa.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:00 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

now a ranger wrote:I think you've rushed quite quickly to your "buddy's" protection on post 117. Even more reason to lynch CES, and probably you next. Or vice versa.
Strong FOS: now a ranger

We've got a very poor use of Guilt by Association, plus it looks like you are trying to quicklynch. Remember: short days hurt the town. I need some serious explaination here.
Avatar courtesy of Chickadee! | GTKAL
now a ranger
now a ranger
Goon
now a ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:08 am

Post by now a ranger »

I meant remus is acting like he doesn't want to lynch CES and seems to protect him by saying about not wanting to lynch quickly.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:13 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

I meant remus is acting like he doesn't want to lynch CES and seems to protect him by saying about not wanting to lynch quickly.
Do I need to spell it out for you?

1) remussaidow is trying to prevent you from quicklynching and drastically reducing the amount of info we will get out of the game day. That's not so much a defense of CES as it is an attack on your actions.
2) I would prefer if you defend your actions, not backpedal and go 'what I
meant
to say was...'
now a ranger
now a ranger
Goon
now a ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:15 am

Post by now a ranger »

All I can say is since I can't really defend myself against such flimsy evidence, all I will say is this:

I'm a Townie. If you don't believe me, lynch me and see.

I swear on my mother's grave ( and my family's too ), that I am a Townie.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:21 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

I swear on my mother's grave ( and my family's too ), that I am a Townie.
That's metagaming if I ever heard it :lol:

You should probably stop flashing the 'I can't defend myself against such flimsy evidence' card unless you want my vote.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”