killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:58 pm

Post by killerjester »

The character is not "a Rumblebiffin giant." His name is Rumblebiffin. He is a giant. IF he had a town role PM, it might appear as
"Rumblebiffin" - Vanilla Townie
, and the flavor pertaining to him being a giant would be below, in the flavor text. And if this were the case, MD would supply us with the name "Rumblebiffin" when asked for his character's name. The answer we received, "a Rumblebiffin giant," might be indicative of a scum who googled his fakeclaim to see if he could add any flavor that might help sell his fakeclaim.

I won't be moving my vote.
Lord of Lynch protect us. For the Night is dark and full of scum.

Noir Mafia, a 13p bastard Mini Theme delayed until further notice.
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:16 pm

Post by Skelda »

In post 450, killerjester wrote:The character is not "a Rumblebiffin giant." His name is Rumblebiffin. He is a giant. IF he had a town role PM, it might appear as
"Rumblebiffin" - Vanilla Townie
, and the flavor pertaining to him being a giant would be below, in the flavor text. And if this were the case, MD would supply us with the name "Rumblebiffin" when asked for his character's name. The answer we received, "a Rumblebiffin giant," might be indicative of a scum who googled his fakeclaim to see if he could add any flavor that might help sell his fakeclaim.

I won't be moving my vote.
Really? That IS interesting. I don't remember Rumblebiffin.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:19 pm

Post by Garmr »

His the giant who kicked down the door in the ice witch's layer or smashed it with his club depending on the version. Rumblebuffin is a noble giant basically of the most respected family.
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:27 pm

Post by Skelda »

In post 452, Garmr wrote:His the giant who kicked down the door in the ice witch's layer or smashed it with his club depending on the version. Rumblebuffin is a noble giant basically of the most respected family.
Alright. It's been a while since I've read this book or watched the movie. I'm a little rusty on characters. Did he play a big enough role that he would feasibly be included in the setup? It is sort of a random character.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:00 pm

Post by Garmr »

He was only mentioned once by mister tumulus by name and that's all we know about him and his kind and gentle.
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:04 pm

Post by killerjester »

Flavor arguments are not very strong in the sense of whether the moderator would/would not include the role in the setup. I have seen more than a few games where a player was given an obscure character, and indeed was mislynched under the premise of outguessing the mod. In this scenario, you should turn your attention toward the
manner
of which MD claimed his flavor. I don't know about you, but my role PM uses the following structure.

"Name" - role + alignment

<pic>

Flavor/Abilities/Wincon

For MD to provide name AND flavor when he was only asked for his name feels unnatural.

Broken Aquarium
Broken Aquarium
Goon
Broken Aquarium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:15 pm

Post by Broken Aquarium »

Using PM formatting to catch scum makes me feel very uncomfortable, especially when no sample PM was apparently given, at least publicly (I hadn't bothered to look before this moment).
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:16 pm

Post by Garmr »

Wait is pm formatting a trust tell???.
JKLM
JKLM
Goon
JKLM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:04 pm

Post by JKLM »

Well you aren't allowed to quote I think but misconstruing every 7th word is simply paraphrasing by US law soooooo

We could always do that

Also we did simply ask for flavor, which can be translated as AMBIGOUS. What we really need to ask ourselves: are we willing to take the bet he's lying? He's either scum or just a vanilla so it may be worth it to just see connections and wagon builds from it.

Idk, I'm fine with whatever at this point. As long as it's MD or BA
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:21 pm

Post by killerjester »

In post 456, Broken Aquarium wrote:Using PM formatting to catch scum makes me feel very uncomfortable, especially when no sample PM was apparently given, at least publicly (I hadn't bothered to look before this moment).
I've never had an issue with it before.
In post 457, Garmr wrote:Wait is pm formatting a trust tell???.
No. Trust telling is when a player states they always act one way as a certain alignment (eg: I never claim VT as scum). This leads to an increasing trust each game that if that player claims VT, they must be town. It's against the rules because it uses an out-of-game influence, namely previous games. Paraphrasing the PM format is perfectly okay because PMs are part of the game.

@JKLM, he was only explicitly asked to claim his name. That's what makes it so weird that he would claim being a giant as well, especially when that flavor information would not be located directly next to the name in his role PM.

JKLM
JKLM
Goon
JKLM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:31 pm

Post by JKLM »

Idk if it's big enough to convict him but he could have just picked one off he most obscure characters in the book to fakeclaim
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:36 pm

Post by killerjester »

In post 455, killerjester wrote:
Flavor arguments are not very strong in the sense of whether the moderator would/would not include the role in the setup. I have seen more than a few games where a player was given an obscure character, and indeed was mislynched under the premise of outguessing the mod.
Actually fuck it. As long as you're willing to lynch MD I won't complain. Just try not to bring bad stigma onto the win wagon.

smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:48 pm

Post by smargaret »

In post 380, mnemonicdevice wrote:I don't understand most of the arguement between Gamr and Peace, they both have seperate play styles; So what. I really like a Broken aquarium lynch still. For reasons untold
Let's make those reasons told, please.

Also, I went through and counted (by hand, so there's a margin of error), and excluding mnemonic talking about how frequently he says interesting IRL, there are five "interestings" in his iso. That's hardly the sort of frequency you'd need for a tell, which is honestly (aha! I must be scum!) not the best way to scumhunt. I'll have to look back and see who started that line of argument, because it's bad logic.

I'm not thrilled with the nameclaim. Look at the wikipedia page for The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe - the character is listed as Giant Rumblebuffin.

@ mod - votecount please?
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:49 pm

Post by smargaret »

actually, mnemonic claimed a rumblebuffin giant. disregard the thing about wikipedia. I've had a very long week.
Broken Aquarium
Broken Aquarium
Goon
Broken Aquarium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:37 pm

In post 374, mozamis wrote:ok, I have a fiar bit to catch up on. Have glanced over a few pages.
And to whoever said "policy lynch Peace terribel idea" my answer is: no it is not. More I play this game, more I'm realising how important a good scum hunting environment is. Those players who may well be - IRL- a good laugh, are often just a massive distrsaction and source of confusion for town. So many games go by where you end up with Mutley, Irish Pope and th elike at end game, and you have literlally NOTHING to go off becaus ethey have been pissing around all game.
Likewise, scum adapt to environment "hey, people dont mind Peace being unhelpful, I'll hide behind that playstyle".
So yeah, I'm still up for lynching Peace.
Although if we can get a Skelda or Hermy wagon going, then happy to lynch them too.
ya but, what happens when you have a town read on peace, through his methods?
Broken Aquarium
Broken Aquarium
Goon
Broken Aquarium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:41 pm

also skelda - no. hermy- yes.

sorry chamber, i should probably chat with you before stating this.
Broken Aquarium
Broken Aquarium
Goon
Broken Aquarium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:46 pm

In post 379, Hermy wrote:Mozamis, I agree with Skelda.

I reckon you're aiming for an easy lynch here. I notice how none of your lynvh pool have been around much. Therefore they're slipping under the radar, blah blah blah, and so on, and so forth. All of us have lives away from the internet and have stuff to do. I see no real reason for any of the lynches. We've been as helpful as time has allowed us to.
/rant
if you really reckon that he's going for an easy lynch, where is your vote on him?
Broken Aquarium
Broken Aquarium
Goon
Broken Aquarium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 pm

In post 383, mozamis wrote:
In post 379, Hermy wrote:Mozamis, I agree with Skelda.

I reckon you're aiming for an easy lynch here. I notice how none of your lynvh pool have been around much. Therefore they're slipping under the radar, blah blah blah, and so on, and so forth. All of us have lives away from the internet and have stuff to do. I see no real reason for any of the lynches. We've been as helpful as time has allowed us to.
/rant
To an extent, what you say is true. There is always AT LEAST one scummer who tries to lurk through, so I'm trying to be vigilant on the lurker front.
But I am NOT just randomly picking on people who havent posted much - Peace, until recently hasnt posted much, and yet was still a strong town read of mine - policy lynch aside.
Its not just quantity of posting, it's content. In fact, Hermy has posted a reasonable amount, but its all been vague as hell. Both Skelda and Hermy have hardly said ANYTHING of subtance.
this is a weird response.
i would be more reactive, if i were responding to this.
don't want to get paranoid.. but this seems like scum chat.
hermy accuses moz of going for an easy lynch? and moz responds that, what you say is true? (to an extent)
moz - why didn't you get your back up?
Broken Aquarium
Broken Aquarium
Goon
Broken Aquarium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:58 pm

in fact moz, you haven;t said a thing about Hermy.
Broken Aquarium
Broken Aquarium
Goon
Broken Aquarium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:04 pm

In post 416, Hermy wrote:
In post 413, killerjester wrote:Wait yea that is a little weird. Why did Hermy switch wagons?
I switched wagons because, at this point, BA is certainly more scummy to me. His previous action of unvoting, and not putting his vote back when things were explained looks like mafia feebly trying to defend a scumpartner. Therefore I changed wagons. I'd still be happy with an MD lynch, but BA is definitely scummier to me.

(If it would help or be convenient in any way, then I will change my vote back. Just tell me to do so.)
oh man.
this is so bad.
VOTE: hermy

..this is despite your little fos on moz, right?
Broken Aquarium
Broken Aquarium
Goon
Broken Aquarium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:06 pm

thinking hermy & moz... at this moment.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:10 pm

Post by mozamis »

UNVOTE

Claim is ok, I guess. Jester is really reaching with his legalistic arguments. Guy was asked to claim, and he did. If he had just said "Rumblebiffin" it would not have been at all helpful. So to lynch the guy for actually being helpful seems wrong headed.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:27 pm

Post by mozamis »

@ MD, why do you think BA is scum? I'm assuming you still do. You have not pressed your case much though.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:29 pm

Post by mozamis »

In post 468, Broken Aquarium wrote:in fact moz, you haven;t said a thing about Hermy.
A few pages back I changed my read on her from scummy to town. I have been quite vocal about her most of the game as, until recently, she looked scummy. So what on earth are you talking about?
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:34 pm

Post by mozamis »

In post 465, Broken Aquarium wrote:also skelda - no. hermy- yes.
Why not Skelda? The guy has done ZERO scum hunting and is still Bingo Bland from the Bland School of Blandness.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”