Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:30 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

@GuthrieGov Yes I do feel the vote had an air of bussing around it.

@Maxous have you played with thor before?

and on to page 2!
Scum:
nk bastion cos he is never being lynched imo.

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:30 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

damnit Garmr
Scum:

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:32 pm

Post by Garmr »

the way of forgot the w :P
GuthrieGov
GuthrieGov
Townie
GuthrieGov
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:34 pm

Post by GuthrieGov »

Bastion I'm sorry, but thats just plain stupid. How can you possibly say you are reading a bussing in the first 5-6 posts of the game?
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:38 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

cause nothing has contradicted that impression in the 23 posts that have followed
Scum:

toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:44 pm

Post by toolenduso »

Even if it wasn't in the early stages of gameplay, I don't see how it looked like bussing any more than anyone voting for anyone else.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:52 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 31, toolenduso wrote:Even if it wasn't in the early stages of gameplay, I don't see how it looked like bussing any more than anyone voting for anyone else.
so would you have voted axxle?
Scum:

toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:52 pm

Post by toolenduso »

EDBWOP (thanks Garmr for the definition)

I guess what stage of the game it is would matter a little bit.

What I'm saying is, at this stage in the game there's very little logical reasoning a mafia could give to bus their partner. So I think you'd have to see something pretty convincing at this stage in the game to think something is bussing. Otherwise, you could say any post of one person voting for another was bussing.

Unless I'm missing something. Why did you think it looked like bussing, outside of the fact that one voted for the other?
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:54 pm

Post by toolenduso »

In post 32, Sir Bastion wrote:
In post 31, toolenduso wrote:Even if it wasn't in the early stages of gameplay, I don't see how it looked like bussing any more than anyone voting for anyone else.
so would you have voted axxle?
No. But unless it's a purely random vote, I don't like to vote this early in the game very much.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:51 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 22, Maxous wrote:Calling for a speedlynch is
win
FTFY
Also, your issue with me is that I'm aggressive...remind me again how that is not a playstyle tell but is instead alignment related because I'm not aggressive as town.
I'll wait.

In other news, you could be sheeping me right now.
In post 23, Garmr wrote:and he votes still through I find him suspicious for taking so long to vote and the way his just listing people as town so early in the game.
I find those actions a combination of town and null tells.
What am I missing here, how are they advantageous to scum?

Game Hint: Tool is kinda bleedingly obv. town.
He'll also be super newb for the rest of the game, so try not to forget the first part of the hint.

Guthrie could do with another vote.
Where's ABR? I need to do this thing.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I'll also accept a speed lynch on Bastion.
I suppose I should clarify that.
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:58 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

you should

at least its something to do as I wait for more important replies.

meanwhile quick question to you. Have you ever played with Maxous before?
Scum:

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:46 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I'll bother to explain why I find you scummy the instant you actually manage to justify the bussing question Tool fielded you instead of desperately trying to avoid answering it by trying to get into a side debate with me.
Hint: I also may have just explained my reasoning anyway...if you can read between the mountain of subtlety there, so you should answer Tool's question now regardless.

To the best of my awareness I have never played with Maxous before.
That said, I do have a habit of not remembering people if they were only in one game with me, because I've sorta played a lot of games.
But, no, I don't think I have.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:49 pm

Post by Thor665 »

And, since it excites you, here are the people I've played with before;

redFF
ICEninja
Sir Bastion
Slandaar
Albert B. Rampage
Axxle (?) ...I think, though I might be mixing him up with Axxlerod or something.
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:45 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 38, Thor665 wrote:I'll bother to explain why I find you scummy the instant you actually manage to justify the bussing question Tool fielded you instead of desperately trying to avoid answering it by trying to get into a side debate with me.
Hint: I also may have just explained my reasoning anyway...if you can read between the mountain of subtlety there, so you should answer Tool's question now regardless.
I guess its rather pointless not to answer tool's question, if you've put your weight behind it. Yes I did sidetrack it though not originally intentional he did a EBWOP post after I responded initially and on further thought I decided not to return to the point until other voices had chimed in.
Toolenduso wrote:What I'm saying is, at this stage in the game there's very little logical reasoning a mafia could give to bus their partner. So I think you'd have to see something pretty convincing at this stage in the game to think something is bussing. Otherwise, you could say any post of one person voting for another was bussing.
Actually I wouldnt call it a scumtell but the number of times I have found that scum in games I've played have directly interacted with each other during the RVS of a game is higher then the number of times they havnt, usually an RVS vote or mocking each other.

Regardless of the little logic. But bussing early partner wagons is actually somewhat logical on the first day as they more often tend to be the ones that fall apart the easiest. I know this from personal experience because I have more often then not been the first proper wagon for almost every game I've played and those wagons have never led to a lynch. Now with the exception of one of them I was always town in those wagons (Thor may remember the one I was scum cause he ended up lynched instead of me, though that game is not a good comparison).
Toolenduso wrote:Unless I'm missing something. Why did you think it looked like bussing, outside of the fact that one voted for the other?
The reason for me dropping the very early bus comment was because I thought Guthrie's post was very short and direct. almost read like an indirect scolding. Nothing more to it, deep as a puddle. There as much weight on such a notion as anything else so far this game.
Scum:

ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:11 pm

Post by ICEninja »

Hello everybody!

Some things I want to say:
ABR wrote: No lying about your role.
This. If you're a VT and you claim power role I will pretty much hate you.

Also note this game has one of my favorite rulesets, being pretty intense about activity. Please do commit to posting regularly, as day lengths aren't super long and nights are quick. My activity level tends to be pretty high.

I really like how this game has advanced so far. I agree with Thor's assessment that Axxle was scum hunting and Guthrie made a bad push against it.

Bastion's point of busing is wrong. If he used the word distancing, he's absolutely right. However, to say that two players are distancing he'd have to have a scum read on BOTH of them, or be looking back at interactions between a living player and a confirmed dead scum. I don't like this allegation one bit.

Vote: Sir Bastion
. Ironically, I'd be OK voting for Guthrie as well, whom Bastion is voting for, but my scum reads on them are independent of each other.
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:23 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

ICEninja wrote:Bastion's point of busing is wrong. If he used the word distancing,
noted and when this is all over I look back and laugh.
However, to say that two players are distancing he'd have to have a scum read on BOTH of them, or be looking back at interactions between a living player and a confirmed dead scum.[.quote]

assuming I dont?
Scum:

zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:42 pm

Post by zakk »

In post 11, Axxle wrote:
Vote: Garmr

Not sure I like the tone of the double post. It seems like he's trying to minimize the impact of being third on the rvs wagon.
Best post of the game so far.

Vote: Garmr

In post 17, Garmr wrote:I have to say that reaching isn't always scummy especially in the rvs stage of the game. If it helps us break out rvs then it can be good. The hard part is distinguishing between scummy reaching which scum are forced to do no matter what or town reaching like a protown player who plays from gut or a cop with a guilty who doesn't want to admit his a cop and the player who has a guilty has no real case on him at the moment. (Stole these examples from elsewhere :P)

Also if you think about it everyone has to reach to get out of the rvs stage. This is my thought on reaching anyway.
You seem a little overly verbose and proper all of a sudden (in direct contrast to your posts #8 and #9) and your theorizing about reaching and RVS seem to be more geared towards defusing a potential early wagon on you than actually helping other people understand anything you were actually talking about.

I like this Axxle guy, he doesn't waste any time and he knows what he's doing.

If I had to pick a second scum at this point, it would be toolenduso. Why is he apologizing for not being here earlier?

>first post was on page 1
>nobody had mentioned him yet
>he makes an excuse for being late
>he subconsciously feels guilty
>because he is scum

Also if toolenduso has been here since 2007 I would very, very much expect him to at least have an inkling of what EDBWOP means. Pretending to be clueless only adds to the suspicion I have of him.

What do the rest of y'all think? Specifically Thor and Albert and Axxle.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:01 pm

Post by Garmr »

^This made me lol

First 8 and 9 are rvs that's when people muck around second. Two defusing a early wagon what???

Also your points on Tool are fluff lol the only one I could consider not fluff is the one about pretending to be clueless and that's not really to strong of a sign.
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:08 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

Dates shouldn't be used to judge a players experience, the number of games they've played should.

Playing clueless is very short term thinking for a scum player.
Scum:

Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:36 pm

Post by Macros »

If not knowing what all these acronyms mean is a lynchable offence I'm pretty much fucked. Took me quite some time to figure out RVS. Please excuse any odd wording, sometime I miss when my phone AutoCorrects.

Plenty of shit flinging already, which I love, I find some games degenerate into a total random voting bullshit fest on day one, which only helps the scumbags.

Zakks suspicion on Tool based on not knowing what ebwop meant really caught my eye, possibly because I had no idea what it meant, but also it seems like amassive reach on a player who hasn't posted overly much at all. Off the back of a half reasoned vote on Gamr it seems a bit nonsensical.and almost undermines credibility of his original vote. So now the quandry, to vote axxle on this flimsy feeling or look further at our other options (bastion, gamr, gg and thor(who wants a speed lunch day one??))
Oh the huge manatee!!
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:38 pm

Post by Macros »

Oops,
vote axxle

for now, its day one early doors but I like to have it somewhere. Have to check into work but will be active most of the day and intend to read more in depth at tea time.
Oh the huge manatee!!
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:39 pm

Post by Macros »

Good god my head is ul my ass at the minute
unvote

meant to vote for zakk, I'll just keep it off altogether, I cant seem to trust my brain to fingers communication at the minute.
Oh the huge manatee!!
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:08 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

Page 3
Scum:

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”