Mini 1501: We're On A Boat! (END?! results inside)

SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:15 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

I don't think saying his play seems too x or y for scum means anything unless he has an established scum meta.

also, seriously
don't do it guys
they're cracking down

PEDIT: No ffery I didn't. I'm pretty bad at meta so I just took your word on it.
To be clear: quack
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:22 am

Post by Garmr »

Well i'm tired and pulled an all nighter I'm going to bed.
YYR
YYR
Goon
YYR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:38 am

Post by YYR »

In post 369, SleepyKrew wrote:What do you mean by "safe"?
Nothing truly objectionable about the wagon, but the votes aren't doing anything.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:39 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

Do you feel that way about all of the votes?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:42 am

Post by Brian Skies »

They're just opinions. Kaze opened RVS with a wagon vote, so I just assumed he likes wagons, especially since his play this game has supported it. I'm open to being wrong about it, but he seems town for me thus far.

As for Aero, it's the same thing. I don't think he understood the consequences of his actions and you're now paying for your predecessor's poor play.
YYR
YYR
Goon
YYR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:47 am

Post by YYR »

In post 378, SleepyKrew wrote:Do you feel that way about all of the votes?
Yes. None of them look like they're going to commit to that wagon for the long term simply because Maestro hasn't done anything. Someone who's on the wagon is free to correct me.
pitoli
pitoli
Mafia Scum
pitoli
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:55 am

Post by pitoli »

Thanks SK for being my personal mouthpiece about the ongoing games rule. Not in my game. Not in any game.

SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:19 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 379, Brian Skies wrote:They're just opinions. Kaze opened RVS with a wagon vote, so I just assumed he likes wagons, especially since his play this game has supported it. I'm open to being wrong about it, but he seems town for me thus far.

As for Aero, it's the same thing. I don't think he understood the consequences of his actions and you're now paying for your predecessor's poor play.
He's the only vote on Garmr.
Something is bugging me but I'm not sure how to word it wrt your Kaze read. I'll try to elaborate when I figure out what it is
Also you missed two of the questions I asked (I needed one thing rephrased and I asked why you're townreading me).
How am I paying?
In post 380, YYR wrote:
In post 378, SleepyKrew wrote:Do you feel that way about all of the votes?
Yes. None of them look like they're going to commit to that wagon for the long term simply because Maestro hasn't done anything. Someone who's on the wagon is free to correct me.
Do you know ffery's reason? If not, that tells me that you didn't read very carefully. If you do, then tell me if you do because stuff
In post 381, pitoli wrote:
Thanks SK for being my personal mouthpiece about the ongoing games rule. Not in my game. Not in any game.

Yeah that guy is pretty cool
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:25 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Brian, why are you townreading Kaze?
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:06 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

In post 354, YYR wrote:Didn't get much out of the catchup. I'm still not getting where everyone is getting a town read on Brian. The SK/Smudger back and forth made me a bit more comfortable on SK, but I kind of just skimmed through Smudger's post. Still like my vote where it is.
This is quite possibly the laziest post of the game. Why is Kaze scum?
In post 335, SpyreX wrote:Town but will become dead later:
Brian
I continue to be completely baffled by your treatment of this miller claim. What exactly is your angle here? He's town but if we mislynch a couple times, he might not be? You're simultaneously defending Brian based on weak reasoning but keeping your options open to lynch him down the line. Of particular inanity is your suggestion that a town sweep is an appropriate way of dealing with claimed millers, because you know as well as me that that's an exceedingly rare occurrence, and yet you're using it as an excuse for postponing a decision in the matter.
In post 335, SpyreX wrote:CTD is one note and that note is brown.
Elaborate.
In post 265, Smudger wrote:As for no scum hunting content, I would venture that I am not the only one who that could be said of and find your singling me out rather puzzling?
Who are you comparing yourself to? I singled you out because you are scumhunting effort was low compared to your body of contribution and it looked to me like you were trying to appear active without actually doing much of anything.
In post 347, Brian Skies wrote:Why do you assume I'm following along just because I post every now and then? I manage prod timers and deadlines. And once those are managed, I try to choose a game that needs attention and I see what I can do with it. Other than that, I'm not much of an aggressive Day 1 player unless I need to be.
Evidently, this game needed your attention when your claim was under scrutiny. It didn't need your attention once you were snug with a couple of town reads on you. That just so happens to perfectly line up with a scum agenda. Your excuse here is basically that you've over-extended yourself to the point where it reflects badly on your town play, and I find that awfully convenient.
In post 347, Brian Skies wrote:[...] his skepticism towards people town-reading me just based on my miller claim gives me good town vibes, especially since I haven't done anything to earn my townreads.
What do you make of these people town reading you for no good reason? Are you being buddied up to?
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:18 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

Something Fferyllt said made me do a cursory skim of some of Smudger's completed games, and I find myself agreeing that his play here isn't necessarily indicative of alignment. I'm willing to give it some time to develop.

I still sincerely doubt that this budding Maestro wagon is a productive use of votes.

Unvote, vote: YYR

As a general observation, could we please cut down on the one- and two-liners that have been cluttering up the last 5ish pages? I'd wager a bet that I'm not the only one who's attention span has suffered from it. You know who you are.

Also, CDB, if you're going to flake, please do it sooner rather than later.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:48 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 296, Kazekirimaru wrote:
In post 294, SleepyKrew wrote:
In post 244, fferyllt wrote:If you meta me you'll find that I make a very similar first post in every game I play. Where things go from there is entirely dependent on the playerlist and the game itself. I poke around and ask questions for the first few pages of a game. I don't put a vote down quickly.
If anyone besides me cares, this checks out. Thanks for having such an organized wiki page.
Bahhhhhhh.

I WISH I could just call you scum and brush you off. But scum wouldn't confirm townies like this.
It's like you assumed my RVS behaviors would confirm me as town.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:54 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 360, SleepyKrew wrote:
In post 347, Brian Skies wrote:@SK: I can't remember who said it, but didn't someone mention that my miller claim helped move us out of RVS (not my intention, but I'm quite pleased it worked out that way)? Fferyl was the first person to actively engage my read, so does that qualify as moving discussion?
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, sorry. Rephrase please?
In post 347, Brian Skies wrote:SK - Aeronaut is a player I can see jumping on a large wagon for absolutely zero reason. SK has been pretty town since replacing in.
Why and why
In post 201, SleepyKrew wrote:RVS ended as soon as Brian claimed Miller. You had two posts that did nothing before that.
As for the first part, you said it yourself that RVS ended as soon as I claimed Miller. But Fferyl was the first person to actively engage my claim. I was asking you if this qualified as Fferyl moving discussion, since you were attacking her about it earlier.

Regarding the second part, you're attacking everything that moves. You're actively scumhunting and I'm reading you as town for that. My opinion on Aeronaut making a poor play relies on my townread of your play.
In post 383, SleepyKrew wrote:Brian, why are you townreading Kaze?
Because he's actively scumhunting, although some people might disagree with his methods. I'm liking his suspicion on CDB, because I am having the same suspicions as well. And his random vote on Garmr and logic he's using is something I did in Mismatched Mafia. I randomly voted Guyett in that game and he responded to the thread soon after, only questioning my vote. Guyett and I were both town.

What do you think of Kaze?
In post 384, CrashTextDummie wrote:Evidently, this game needed your attention when your claim was under scrutiny. It didn't need your attention once you were snug with a couple of town reads on you. That just so happens to perfectly line up with a scum agenda. Your excuse here is basically that you've over-extended yourself to the point where it reflects badly on your town play, and I find that awfully convenient.
I don't care anymore. You can think I'm scum if you want to.
In post 384, CrashTextDummie wrote:What do you make of these people town reading you for no good reason? Are you being buddied up to?
I can see Fferyl and Kaze's trajectory of believing my claim. Spyrex's is kind of weird because he's doing it based on speculation, which is mostly all he's done. I'm not liking CDB because he came out swinging trying to get me lynched then all of a sudden changed his position without explaining why. So, CDB is sketchy to me. I don't remember if anyone else is townreading me.

As for buddying me, I don't know why they would want to buddy me of all people. If anyone is doing it, I'd probably choose Spyrex or CDB out of the bunch.
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:34 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

In post 379, Brian Skies wrote:They're just opinions. Kaze opened RVS with a wagon vote, so I just assumed he likes wagons, especially since his play this game has supported it.
This is a good assumption.
In post 382, SleepyKrew wrote: He's the only vote on Garmr.
That is because Garmr is scum.

I like wagons, but I don't base my play around them. That would be silly and inflexible. I give votes where votes need givin'.
In post 386, fferyllt wrote:It's like you assumed my RVS behaviors would confirm me as town.
Confirm was the wrong word. But, it's a plus for them and a plus for you.

--

Hey hey, I see Maestro is a thing again.

Why isn't anyone else's throats being jumped down for that? I don't get it.
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:51 pm

Post by Smudger »

@ ModSorry have to ask for a replacement,

cannot devote time to this game right now, as have become mega busy at work. I know that is not good, but I am not giving this game the attention it deserves and that is not fair to everyone.
"There is nothing more ironic or contradictory than life itself"... R.D.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Smudger
pitoli
pitoli
Mafia Scum
pitoli
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:38 pm

Post by pitoli »

Thanks for letting me know. LolWagons replaces Smudger effective immediately.

Last edited by pitoli on Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:47 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Too tired to address things rn
Just gonna say that 1) CDB is pulling a Maestro and 2) that is a fantastic username^
third line
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:48 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Darn
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:47 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

I'm excited for these prods
We might get EMPIRE
pitoli
pitoli
Mafia Scum
pitoli
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:29 am

Post by pitoli »

Maestro and ChannelDelibird have been prodded.

Why is the site stuck in mafSilver /cries
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:38 am

Post by Garmr »

I get the Maestro wagon then I don't get the maestro wagon at the same time. I know he posted 4 useless things then vanished and i can understand getting rid of lurkers but then you just get votes like this.
In post 359, notscience wrote:VOTE: Maestro
You can't really get information out of lynch. There's no pressure in voting for him because he won't respond. He will eventually get replaced out if it continues. But if he just prod dodges then That's also no good for town. I'm not the first one to bring up that there's no pressure on this wagon crashtestdummy. Should we wait for him to be replaced out because I think it's likely or should we end the day getting rid of the lurker but at the price of less information than we would of had normally (Since scum could jump on a maestro lynch with ease.

fferyllt reason for being there is a good reason. I wouldn't of picked up on that Maestro only comments on crucial points of the game.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:54 am

Post by fferyllt »

It's a good reason, but nobody seems all that swayed by it except NotSci. You guys just just say it's good, so it's ok for me to be out here on this lonely wagon.

Idic
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:07 am

Post by Garmr »

It's a good reason to be on it from when you posted it. But there are negatives to it to as well like the amount of information we will be gaining form the lynch. We had plenty of information this game so lynching a scummy looking person who has posted allot is better because we can get more information out of it.

So all in all it's a option if we don't find someone who fits this bracket.

Post allot of fluff
reasoning doesn't look town oriented
Overly defensive when voted
Hypocritical
Tries to avoid scum hunting
Opportunistic
Lies

The amount of times a person does this adds a tick if we should vote them. Kaze has displayed many of these features and this why I believe he should be lynched. The information we will gain from a Kaze lynch is more than Maestro lynch.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:21 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 397, Garmr wrote:It's a good reason to be on it from when you posted it. But there are negatives to it to as well like the amount of information we will be gaining form the lynch. We had plenty of information this game so lynching a scummy looking person who has posted allot is better because we can get more information out of it.

Post allot of fluff
Is this alignment indicative?
Example? Reason why it doesn't look town oriented?
This is alignment indicative?
Hypocritical
Where?
Opportunistic
Possibly
Lies
Examples?
The amount of times a person does this adds a tick if we should vote them. Kaze has displayed many of these features and this why I believe he should be lynched. The information we will gain from a Kaze lynch is more than Maestro lynch.
What will we learn if he's scum? What will we learn if he's town?

Some of the stuff you've listed can point up a scum player. Especially lies. Some of it is null IMO.

Idic
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:39 am

Post by Garmr »

I bolded my answers to the questions. Remember answers are linked to my thought process's not events in games.
In post 398, fferyllt wrote:
In post 397, Garmr wrote:It's a good reason to be on it from when you posted it. But there are negatives to it to as well like the amount of information we will be gaining form the lynch. We had plenty of information this game so lynching a scummy looking person who has posted allot is better because we can get more information out of it.

Post allot of fluff
Is this alignment indicative?
Fluff can be used to confuse people and it depends when and where the fluff is placed.
Example? Reason why it doesn't look town oriented?
Trying to start a wagon that won't get lynched no matter what and using that as excuse not to read other players is an example I can think of off the top of my head

It depends defense and why the vote was placed.
Hypocritical
Yes it is because scum tend to start slipping up when all there votes tend to go to town players and inconsistencies arise.
Where?
I am using it as example I haven't seen a player do it this game yet
Opportunistic
Possibly
Lies
Examples?
Claiming a role your not. Claiming to be offline and weren't on for the day when your clearly posting in other games.
What will we learn if he's scum? What will we learn if he's town?

Some of the stuff you've listed can point up a scum player. Especially lies. Some of it is null IMO.
Now to give a clearer reason to my thinking.
Also the information we get is in the counter arguments between players. If we lynch a lurker what arguments is he going to provided. We will have to go off the night phase alone for information in day 2. If we lynch someone who can defend themselves but still looks scummy we lynch get a flip and if his scum. BANG we can link his plays and motives to other players. if his town we can look at the votes on his wagon and look at who would have scum intentions for his lynch and it will be clearer than lynching a lurker since more information was processed.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”