Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:03 pm

Post by Skelda »

In post 149, JKLM wrote:You realize that since you've admitted the fact that you admitted your vote was pointless he won't really feel pressure from your vote?
It isn't pointless, though. I just don't like my vote on people who aren't around. All votes are basically for pressure at this point, so I don't see why this vote is that different from any other.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:06 pm

Post by smargaret »

Honig, the issue is that defending yourself shows that you are overly concerned about people thinking you're scum. You aren't a major wagon, in fact I think I'm the only person to have expressed any suspicion of you. *Why are you so worried?* If you're town, and you get mislynched, you can still win the game. If you're scum, it's a lot harder. Thus, scum tends to overreact more to early suspicion, which is why I find poking at someone and trying to get a reaction to be an effective way to scumhunt.

Plus, defending yourself only does so much. In general, you aren't going to persuade the person you're defending yourself against; you're looking to sway people who might be on the fence.

As far as mozamis goes, there wasn't a whole lot to defend against - many of the votes were bandwagony, and I want to look closer at that tomorrow because I overdid it today and desperately need to head for bed or I'd do it tonight - and the wagon built so quickly that there wasn't that much time.

Matt, I was trying to say that if you think it's pointless to provide content at the beginning and everyone else playing does too, how is the game ever going to start. As in, yeah, it's guesswork and a lot of the arguments are flimsy/reaching/wouldn't fly on day 3, but you still have to make the arguments to get scumhunting going. You did basically admit, though, to active lurking.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:07 pm

Post by smargaret »

gah, wrong forum and the asterisks don't do anything here. That was supposed to be italics.
alienBRO
alienBRO
Goon
alienBRO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:43 pm

Post by alienBRO »

Bro head of the hydra here: sorry for not being present, but I had to take a V/LA right before the game started, and penguin had to go V/LA unexpectedly. I'm about to go to sleep, but I'm going to catch up here hopefully tomorrow and get things going.

-Bro
alienBRO
alienBRO
Goon
alienBRO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:50 pm

Post by alienBRO »

^ what he said. But I'm back. Not sure from my skim that I like Hermy thinking that a scum hammer on someone at L-1 early is bad; any town worth their salt knows not to, and if scum choose to throw themselves into the meat grinder in such a fashion, far be it form me to stop them. And there's aren't really any PRs that aren't worth a 1:1 town:scum trade anyways, if you're thinking of the worst case scenario.

--PA
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:19 pm

Post by mozamis »

Just realised didnt put hermy on my list of reads.
Since I missed her, means she's slipped under the radar, which means she has to be considered pos scum.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:23 pm

Post by mozamis »

WHo do you think is scum alienbro and why?
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:23 pm

Post by mozamis »

In post 142, Skelda wrote:Mozamis, why is Alien in the same category as Matt and Shane, yet he isn't on your lynch list?

I think I'm going to give VOTE: Shane a go. His vote for me seems a bit too convenient for him.
Just wrote down my top candidates. Bro would be next.
What do you mean by "too convenient for him?"
alienBRO
alienBRO
Goon
alienBRO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:56 am

Post by alienBRO »

In post 21, HönigBear wrote:I am not scum, I am town...do you believe me?
Standard liar tell in here, keeping an eye on you.
In post 29, JKLM wrote:Scum IMO but I know
some people think
that getting out of RVS early is a town thing to do so to each his own really.
The eff is this bolded part? Moving out of RVS into real content as quickly as possible is a pro-town move.
In post 33, HönigBear wrote:It disturbs me that you would make a serious vote that early on in the game let alone in the RVS, particulalry while not explaining why a vote that leaves a player on L-5 is scummy and then have to explain your actions so thoroughly.
Why would it disturb you that someone would make a serious vote early?
In post 49, HönigBear wrote:I do want us out of RVS but I don't like the way he got us out of RVS (by voting for the first wagon to form,) especially considering his current vote: All I see from JKLM is unique playstyle, not scummy behaviour and I don't like the way moz has tried to twist it to look like such.
This contradicts the previous post I've quoted. First you don't like that he's serious, then you don't like how he's being serious.
In post 55, Skelda wrote:VOTE: PeaceBringer for the OMGUS vote and the utter gibberish he is spouting. "Just how I am" is an argument I've seen scum use, in fact I've used it as scum, and I really hate that logic. Scum should be acting like their townie selves if they are doing their job properly, and tend to reinforce it.
And there are also people who play this way as town...
In post 82, JKLM wrote:Sit here as spew crap for longer? I say nay! That just muddies things up. It's day 2 that shouldn't be stupid fast.
>:C
In post 90, Hermy wrote:Because we are/were only a few real life days into the game. He's certainly somewhat scummy, but I want more scumreads on more people.
And why put somebody at L-1 after 3-5 RL days, only for scum (or a dimwitted townie) to hammer?
Contrast this attitude to JKLM's "LOL LYNCH" attitude.

Okay why the fuck is everyone townreading Honig?
In post 139, HönigBear wrote:4)I am concerned because I feel it is an unjustified suspicion. And once again, points of view issue: you see meltdown, I see attempt at thorough defense against flawed suspicions bordering on clear misrepresentation. Pressure has nothing to do with it it's the wrongful attack that's the problem and I don't see why you're implying that only people under pressure should bother defending themselves.
Why are you concerned about one person scumreading you when the vast majority of people are townreading you?
In post 139, HönigBear wrote:And finally what your last paragraph directed towards me is saying is that right now I am, according to you, the scummiest player here because I have chosen to defend myself. Could just be a point of view thing again though cos funnily enough moz is still the scummiest person to me here because he refused to defend himself at all and/or provided terrible defenses.
What is the town interest in defending one's self against accusations? What is the scum interest?
In post 140, mozamis wrote:Lurking/Little contribution/ possible scum: AlienBro, Project Matt, Shane.
Being V/LA counts as lurking?
In post 156, mozamis wrote:WHo do you think is scum alienbro and why?
You realize that we're a hydra, right? We've both been V/LA and need to calibrate reads (we don't like subjecting games to our hydra dissonance, so we work that stuff out on our back-end). Working out back-end stuff with penguin now that we're both back.

-Bro
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:41 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

VOTECOUNT 1.4(1)
Broken aquarium
- PeaceBringer
(0)
PeaceBringer
-
(0)
JKLM
-
(2)
mnemonicdevice
- Broken Aquarium , Garmr
(1)
projectmatt
- Hermy
(1)
mozamis
- HonigBear,
(1)
HonigBear
- smargaret
(0)
smargaret
-
(0)
Garmr
-
(0)
alienBRO
-
(1)
Shane
- Skelda
(3)
Skelda
- mozamis, , Shane
(0)
Hermy
-

(4) Not Voting
- alienBRO, projectmatt, JKLM, mnemonicdevice,

With 13 alive, it takes 7 for a lynch and 6 for no lynch!!
Day 1 ends on 16th OCT, 2013 17:19 hrs (Indian time)

Shane v/la till monday (expired)
alienBRO v/la till monday (expired)

Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-10-16 17:19:00)
Last edited by ArcAngel9 on Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:44 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 147, Skelda wrote:
In post 146, Garmr wrote:Actually scratch that he should be back tomorrow or today depending on the time zone.
Sheez. VOTE: Shane
>>Please note that i have included this vote this time but next time please put your votes in a new line than mixing it up in the same line or in sentence. this applices for everyone. Please refer Voting Rules for more information <<

Voting Rules

1) For your vote to be counted, it must be bolded or in vote tages, like so: VOTE: ArcAngel or VOTE: ArcAngel9 If It looks like a vote it will be counted.
2) Unvote when switching votes aren't necessary, but will be appreciated.
3) Keep all your votes in a new line, don't mix them in conversations or in statements.

4) A lynch will occur when a player achieves 50% +1 of the votes. When this has happened, any subsequent votes and unvotes will not be counted.
5) You may vote: No Lynch. A no-lynch will occur when the majority of votes for that day are for no lynch.
6) If players don't make a lynch by the end of dead line, on dead-line the player with the maximum votes or the one who reaches the first maximum votes will be lynched accordingly.
7) Once you're dead, you are dead. Do not post in the thread until the game is over. So, DONT POST IN THE GAME THREAD WHEN YOUR'E DEAD.
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:52 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

Shane has been prodded

Prod has been revoked, shane is on V/LA till monday which means he doesn't fall under prod untli tomorrow.
Last edited by ArcAngel9 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Hermy
Hermy
Goon
Hermy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:03 am

Post by Hermy »

I've got to agree with smargaret here. When somebody is accused by only one person and becomes overly defensive, that's somewhat of a scumsign.

Skelda also makes me suspicious, but less. His fumbling around with that recent vote seems odd.

But at the moment...
VOTE: HonigBear

NB: I will be V/LA until Thursday
>>Noted<< :)
Shane
Shane
Townie
Shane
Townie
Townie

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:54 am

Post by Shane »

In post 150, Skelda wrote:
In post 149, JKLM wrote:You realize that since you've admitted the fact that you admitted your vote was pointless he won't really feel pressure from your vote?
It isn't pointless, though. I just don't like my vote on people who aren't around. All votes are basically for pressure at this point, so I don't see why this vote is that different from any other.
By admitting you're only voting to pressure someone and therefore is not a serious lynching vote, it really does reduce the pressure. But anyway, was there something you wanted me around for?

@mozarmis: where did your obv town reads come from and when did you change your mind about JKLM
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:32 pm

Post by Skelda »

In post 163, Shane wrote:
In post 150, Skelda wrote:
By admitting you're only voting to pressure someone and therefore is not a serious lynching vote, it really does reduce the pressure. But anyway, was there something you wanted me around for?

@mozarmis: where did your obv town reads come from and when did you change your mind about JKLM
I know. I wanted you to react, but sort of pointless now.

UNVOTE: Sigh...
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:53 pm

Post by Garmr »

Does anyone else get the feeling that there's going to be some big twist in this. I mean the mod is posting these weird images. With the vote count sometimes.

>> it's just flavor sweets, no impact on real game. Additional short stories are common with VCA's for theme games, its been known practice on ms.net and you could see mostly this style on large theme games. <<
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:12 pm

Post by smargaret »

In post 69, Garmr wrote:@Mozamis He still provided a better reason than you through. But I will acknowledge that you gave a reason. Still your plays so far have been a bit iffy.

@Project Matt I'm going to call you out through and ask why did you Vote Mozamis with out listing any reasons. I would actually like to hear some insight on how the game is going.
This is interesting, considering you did much the same thing in voting Mozamis without listing a reason.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:19 pm

Post by smargaret »

AlienBRO - I'm not townreading Honig. Not at all.

Also, mozamis's list of reads looks like an activity/content ranking, which is weird considering scum have a pretty solid motive to speak up and direct the game or at least not be perceived as lurkers. I mean, I'm not saying it isn't worth looking at the people who aren't doing anything, but it's definitely not the only way or even the best way to find scum.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:27 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 166, smargaret wrote:
In post 69, Garmr wrote:@Mozamis He still provided a better reason than you through. But I will acknowledge that you gave a reason. Still your plays so far have been a bit iffy.

@Project Matt I'm going to call you out through and ask why did you Vote Mozamis with out listing any reasons. I would actually like to hear some insight on how the game is going.
This is interesting, considering you did much the same thing in voting Mozamis without listing a reason.
In post 67, Garmr wrote:UNVOTE: Peacebringer
VOTE: mozamis
In post 65, mozamis wrote:Well then Shane, you probably won't like this either:

VOTE SKELDA.

His post was way too "blendy", friendly and cheerful. Certainly, when you compare him and Peacebringer, its much more likely that he is scum than Peace. Peace annoyed me by being unhelpful, but it takes gutsy scum to play like that. Scum far more likely to play "nicey nice" like Skelda.

Yes, I have moved my vote around a bit, but I dont see that as a bad thing. It gets reactions going, conversations, and its better thn sitting on the fence.
But out of all my votes, most confident about Skelda being scum.
I don't think a blendy a cheerful posting style is a valid scum sign. Skelda at least provided a reason to his vote and this makes me more inclined to think his town. You also jumped on the peacebringer wagon with out giving any reason what so ever then vote someone because of it.

The rvs was slightly confusing but i can't really give scum points for that. His reason for voting JKLM was because he joked about himself being scum and looked like a tryhard scum. I don't see try hard scum in JkLM's posting, I see someone mucking around trying to get reactions out of players with that, but that's just me.

Mozamis is my top scum read at the moment While I don't have have a top town read since no one has reached that point yet. Skelda,Honig and JKLM are starting to lean town.

Read this again I listed 2 to 3 reasons why I voted Mozamis vote
1.his reasoning was bad on the skelda vote
2.Not giving reasons for the peace bringer wagon vote. (First time i read his vote it I didn't see it as reason as it was so short.)
3.His vote on JKLM also looked a bit iffy to me.

There is 3 reasons you can find in that post alone off the top of my head.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:14 pm

Post by smargaret »

Ah, I had some pronoun confusion and thought Skelda was the he in the second paragraph.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:58 pm

Post by Garmr »

It's alright I should of been clearer.
Broken Aquarium
Broken Aquarium
Goon
Broken Aquarium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:20 pm

Post by Broken Aquarium »

is everyone agreeing that moz is town?
JKLM
JKLM
Goon
JKLM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:23 pm

Post by JKLM »

Not yet. I need time to catch up. I've honestly been skimming the past few days so I'm lost again
Broken Aquarium
Broken Aquarium
Goon
Broken Aquarium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:03 pm

Post by Broken Aquarium »

In post 126, mnemonicdevice wrote:Once I realized that there were more scummy people than him, I unvoted.
Who? Why unvote and not vote or otherwise pursue these 'scummier' people?
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:11 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 173, Broken Aquarium wrote:
In post 126, mnemonicdevice wrote:Once I realized that there were more scummy people than him, I unvoted.
Who? Why unvote and not vote or otherwise pursue these 'scummier' people?
Oh that reminds me I mentioned this in post 129 mnemonic ignored it.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”