The MafiaScum Minecraft Thread - AllTheMods 9!!! - NEW Vanilla?

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

New Vanilla Server?

Yes, on latest stable version; with fun events & mini-games!
33%
Yes, on latest stable version; for consistency & community! (no plugins)
33%
Yes, on "snapshots"/development versions; bleeding edge! (definitely no plugins)
No votes
Yes, with Spigot/Bukkit/server "plugins" (or commands like /tpa, /home, etc.)
33%
Yes, but I'll post with my specific thoughts and ideas!
No votes

Total votes: 9

Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #15250 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:35 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

when you've got more written, shoot me a PM. I'll help you make a setup and whatnot.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #15251 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:59 am

Post by Klazam »

thanks. that will depend on if he lives that long, however.
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15252 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:53 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

In post 15251, Klazam wrote:thanks. that will depend on if he lives that long, however.
Nope. Ghasts will devour his soul.
All while wearing top-hats.
There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
GTKAFuzzy! Come ask me questions. :D
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #15253 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:18 am

Post by Maestro »

Hey, I want in on Skyblock. Possibly just as an observer.
How will you be setting up the Void World? Or is it done through a map download?
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15254 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:42 am

Post by Klazam »

I'll be taking care of everything for that. so far we have 4 participants- dav, you, me, and etl.

I'll build the map for 6 participants just in case.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15255 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:45 am

Post by Rhinox »

Skyblock? yespls if you'll have me :)
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15256 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:48 am

Post by Klazam »

it's modded skyblock, jsyk.

I'll still put you down on the list
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15257 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:52 am

Post by Maestro »

Klaz, what do you mean you'll build the map...?
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #15258 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:06 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

skyblock you say

sounds fun. count me in.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15259 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:07 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

Yay skyblock!!!!!! What time klaz??? I will be available after 5 hours from now.
Art is cool.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15260 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:13 am

Post by Maestro »

I've got first readthrough for
Complete Works
tonight till I dunno when :/
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15261 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:15 am

Post by Klazam »

I'll make the map, for 6 players, so that everyone can get on and play competitively.

The modpack will be the FTB Unleashed pack. I'm gonna set everything up tonight then figure out availability of everyone so that everyone can play.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15262 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:10 am

Post by Rob14 »

I'd like to play, if this can wait a week or so. If it can't, that's fine too.

RobCraft has been updated to v1.1.4. Upgrade yo shit.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15263 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:05 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

VOTE: Wait for rob <3
Art is cool.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15264 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:19 am

Post by Klazam »

(Read the preceding parts first- the link's in my siggy)

Chapter III- Portals and Ravines, oh my!

Spoiler:
John turned to Klazam33 and said,

"That last thing was a bit too close for comfort. My life's really in danger?"

"Yes, as far as I can tell. I wish I knew what the purpose behind this thing."

"How is this even possible, anyway? I've heard about virtual reality games, yeah, but nothing comes even close to this. Is this gonna be my life from now on?"

"I wish I knew. When I died, I was hoping I'd just wake up, but I woke up in this body... It is possible we both are stuck here forever."

John sighed. "Well, I've never been a quitter. If this is going to be my life from now on, I'll just have to make the best out of it. I don't want to walk around without any armor. That's just courting death. But I don't have nearly enough iron for it..."

"Hang on! You recall the mud in the bog where you and I spawned? You can make mud balls into mud armor. It's not that strong, but it's decent."

John put up a portal at home before going back out, which would be what John will always do from now on, and then he went out, made the swim to the bog. He punched the mud, and gathered quite a lot of mud balls. While he was doing this, he remembered that there were a lot of cows and some pigs around. He decided his next project would be capturing some and making an animal farm out of them. But first, John went home and crafted the mud armor. it was not very comfortable- a bit damp and clammy, but it was still protection.

"Klazam33, this here portal gun will make portals that can send cows through, right? If that zombie could come through, cows should be able to, right?"

"Yeah, anything can be sent through portals. They're awesome, and I'm jealous that I didn't get the chance to play with one."

"Want to try my extra one?"

John got the other gun out of the chest, and offered to Klazam33. He floated down, but as he reached out to take the gun, John yelped and jumped away from Klazam33.

"That hurt!"

"It must be because I'm in the body of a hostile mob. I guess I won't get to use that gun after all.. That's the perks of being not alive I guess..."

John went to the roof of the other house, and set up a portal there, then he made the swim back to the bog. He then spent the day merrily shooting portals at animals. After night fell, he jumped through a portal to check on his progress. He caught many more animals than he excepted to.

After that, he went to his bed and slept for the night, then he awoke to see Klazam33 on top of his chests, in as much of a thinking pose that a block-ghost could be.

"You know, you said that you didn't have enough iron, right? How would you like to double your iron and all other metal ores? If you want to do that, read the Tinker's book again, specifically the section on the smeltery."

Intrigued, John went to do that. He read that there was a structure that basically melted metals and doubled the output. The components of this structure were pretty cheap to make.

"I saw some clay and gravel out in the bog, and I live near a desert. This thing seems to be easy to make."

John made a shovel out of stone, unburied the farm house, and went to dig a lot of clay, gravel, and sand. That task took awhile, so he had to go home and sleep a few times.

Finally, after a long day, night was approaching again, but John had plenty of the three components, so he made grout out of them, the second step to a smeltery. John tossed the grout in his two furnaces, and started cooking.

Cooking the grout, John realized he didn't have nearly enough coal, so he sighed, because he knew he'd have to go caving again for the coal. He quickly made a stone pick, and went out. This time, he went to the ravine near to his home, because he knew it had a waterfall. He jumped in the water and went to the bottom. there was some exposed coal, but not nearly enough. Looking around, John noticed another cave nearby. Recalling the recent debacle, he sighed, but it wasn't something he could not do, so he went in bravely. He remembered that portals give off a bit of light, so he shot portals out ahead of him and ventured in the cave carefully. He constantly checked all around him as he mined. It seemed pretty safe...

This went on for quite a while, then finally John spotted a solitary zombie ahead of him. He took out the Dinner Plate, and proceeded to bash Mr. Zombie in a pile of rotten flesh. There was nothing around him, so John kept on mining until his stone pick broke, and he had to go home. Once home, John put in the second batch of grout in the ovens. John read the book again, and he realized he needed to find lava, to be able to use the smeltery. John decided to explore the area, and to look for any surface lava pools. Hopefully he'd get lucky on that and find some nearby. After a while of exploration, John saw many interesting terrain features.

In his travels, John came across a huge gold deposit on the surface, exicited, John tried to mine it, but his pickax was sticking in it, like it was gravel. Confused, but then he realized it was gold gravel ore. He tried to use his stone shove, but it was too hard for the stone shovel to work. Logically, John figured, he'd need a metal shovel, which he needed a smeltery for. So John just made sure he memorized the location of the gold, and he went on.

After traveling, John saw a beautiful shiny blue tree.

"Ooh, what's this?"

"This is a Silverwood. Leave it alone. You'll need to come back here eventually, for Thaumcraft."

"What exactly is Thaumcraft?"

"Magic, basically. You'll be able to make things and do magicial things."

"That's pretty cool I guess. Let's do that after I find some lava, ok?"

"Sure. I like Thaumcraft myself."

John went on, exploring, with not much luck, but he did find a few strange things. Things like a chilly icy wasteland, and a crater with water levitating over it.

Eventually, John came to a marshy land, with trees that had massive canopies. John was able to get up on top! and jump around the foliage of different trees.

"I feel like I'm in an kungfu movie! "

"Watch out! There's a ravine under that jump!"

"What, NOOOO"

John screamed as he missed a jump, and missed vines, to fall.

Thud.

John woke up, groaning. His body hurt so much. Looking around, he saw that he was still in Minecraftia, and alive! It turned out there was a ledge midway in the ravine, and John somehow landed on it! John looked down, from his perch.

Looking up, there was a shelf of stone above him. John had no idea how he managed to land on the ravine. Looking back down in the ravine, John saw Klazam33 floating back and forth in a state of panic.

"Hey! I'm up here!"

"Oh thank god! I was so afraid that you died. I saw you jump and fall. Then I couldn't see you anywhere."

"I'm done looking for lava pools. It's obvious there's none nearby. I'll go home and look for them in the earth's depths."
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15265 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:35 pm

Post by Klazam »

8 PM EST Skyblock tomorrow. Use the FTB Unleashed 1.1.4 pack with every mod enabled. I will be posting the server IP then.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #15266 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:58 pm

Post by Andrius »

I'm sorta playing again, on 1.6.4 just by myself. Its fun, but waaaay less than it was with people.
Whatever I'm not going COMPLICATED to downgrade to 1.6.4 since its probably out of my league though the new SIGN IN is tech as shit.

This is me saying hi.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15267 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:15 pm

Post by Rhinox »

In post 15265, Klazam wrote:8 PM EST Skyblock tomorrow. Use the FTB Unleashed 1.1.4 pack with every mod enabled. I will be posting the server IP then.
Yeah..... I'll be at the AL WC game so I won't be playing
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15268 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:37 pm

Post by fuzzybutternut »

That's fine Rhino. You can always join Thursday night. :D
People won't be ahead as much, and i'll be streaming the event.
I'm contemplating just spectating, tbh. I mean, Idk. I might play.
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
blake5135
blake5135
Watcher
blake5135
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #15269 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:09 pm

Post by blake5135 »

Chunkloader in the age that had the quarry being de-watered.
Everything
should
be fine.
OP's are whitelisted only until we can be sure the quarry is done de-watering.
Not mad at anyone.
Not blaming anyone.
Everyone should be able to return playing tomorrow evening.
blake5135
blake5135
Watcher
blake5135
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #15270 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:52 pm

Post by blake5135 »

Sorry for DP.
Server is fine, no lag, quarry is now de-watered.
Server is open to everyone on the whitelist.
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15271 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:12 pm

Post by fuzzybutternut »

It's okay Blake. We know you like Double Penetration. We won't hold it against you.
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15272 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:25 am

Post by Rob14 »

Blake hit the nail on the head - no-one's fault that it happened, we weren't clear enough about the rules. Funnily enough, this was actually a subject of discussion last night pre-dewatering, but I just never got around to throwing up rules. If anyone is to blame, it's probably me.

Modded Server Rules:

1. If you created a Mystcraft age and no longer need it, you MUST PM or otherwise notify one of the OPs in order to have it deleted on a continuous basis. If this rule is not followed, we'll have to implement a spreadsheet for claiming ages and set a max number of ages per player - something no-one wants. Please be courteous; it only takes a minute to do this.

2. If you add water to a quarry, you may never remove that water. Consider that a quarry's water doesn't just have one stream of water down - removing the water causes the server to have to render ALL of the blocks of water in the middle as well as they fall. This is server-killing.

Also, as a general update, our Dynmap will be updated shortly (possibly today?) to remove Mystcraft ages. I did not consider Mystcraft thoroughly enough when adding Dynmap, and the amount of files that it adds and strain on the server is staggering. Right now it isn't really an issue, but as a matter of scaling, it's unsustainable going forward. I'd rather nip it in the bud now than allow server errors to pop up as a result of the strain. Dynmap will remain, but it will only include the overworld, nether, end, twilight forest, and the promised land.

IF you have a long-term age that you plan to do a serious amount of work/living/exploring in and would like it added to dynmap, PM me or Blake and we'll discuss it. We'd likely have fairly strict requirements regarding what defines a long-term age (i.e. been around for a month, have a major build/structure within it, only one per person, etc.), but such things have not been ironed out yet (nor will they be until someone asks, most likely).
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15273 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:40 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 15268, fuzzybutternut wrote:That's fine Rhino. You can always join Thursday night.
works for me :)
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #15274 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:42 am

Post by Xalxe »

In post 15265, Klazam wrote:8 PM EST Skyblock tomorrow. Use the FTB Unleashed 1.1.4 pack with every mod enabled. I will be posting the server IP then.
Is Skyblock a competition now?
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -

Return to “The Arcade”