Mini 1501: We're On A Boat! (END?! results inside)

Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:56 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

In post 249, SleepyKrew wrote:Kaze, do you not realize that I replaced Aero?
"looking elsewhere" oh boy I can't wait

oh.

uhm.

I need to reread the game.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:00 pm

Post by fferyllt »

No kidding.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:00 pm

Post by fferyllt »

ffs even Maestro noticed and commented on that.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:01 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Unvote

Idic
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:02 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

Shut up. v.v I'm under a lot of RL duress right now.

i know i know no excuses.

Anyway SleepyKrew looks a lot better now that I realize where they're coming from. I generally reset my reads to null for replacements so Sleepy looks town.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:04 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Why would Aero replacing out nullify his actions?
How do I look town now but didn't before you realized I replaced Aero?
To be clear: quack
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:07 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

I think I'm going to

VOTE: Garmr

All they're really done is berate ns this game.

Sup, Garmr?
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:09 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

In post 255, SleepyKrew wrote:Why would Aero replacing out nullify his actions?
How do I look town now but didn't before you realized I replaced Aero?
It's just how I play. It has nothing to do with the replace in general. I choose to read people as players and not slots. It works out.

You looked like you were just chainsawing the people voting Maestro before.

But now that I see you jumped in and voted me from the get-go it looks better. Your reads don't look so contrived given the circumstance. You look like you're genuinely trying to find scum.
pitoli
pitoli
Mafia Scum
pitoli
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:30 pm

Post by pitoli »

Being in a ship is being in a jail, with the off chance of being drowned.
~ Samuel Johnson

VOTE COUNT 1.6

notscience:
Garmr
Maestro:
fferyllt, Smudger
SleepyKrew:
notscience
Garmr:
Kazekimaru
Smudger:
CrashTextDummie
Kazekirimaru
: YYR, SleepyKrew, Plum
Brian Skies:
ChannelDelibird

Not Voting:
SpyreX, Maestro, Brian Skies

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

Time until deadline: (expired on 2013-10-17 00:00:00)

Mod Notes
:
Last edited by pitoli on Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:46 pm

Post by Garmr »

What's up kaze and can I ask why I am voted.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:51 pm

Post by notscience »

He literally said why in that exact same post
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:57 pm

Post by Garmr »

Oh ns = not science still don't see why him is town or why you are doing a chainsawing vote for him.
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:35 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

Ouch. Nice discredit. And with such little provocation, too!

This vote feels nice.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:58 pm

Post by Plum »

CTD - re Brian as Town: I have a vague notion that %scum who claim Miller first post in a game/total scum vs. %Millers who claim Miller first post/total Millers comes out with a ratio that's at least similar to scum:Town ratio on its own. I might be totally off base, but it's enough that I'm inclined to try to read them as I would players in general. I might be unconsciously biased to find it more Townien than I'm laying out in the nice clear-cut theory of it, because I'm probably giving Brian more than he deserves - his play is meh at best. It's actually pretty reactive - focusing on deflecting things that aren't hugely important and doing stuff like commenting back to fferylt that he doesn't find Townread-gathering scummy. Is anyone even voting him currently that he's still inundated with minutinae of defense and clearing up stuff? Now's the time to do stuff.

Spy, though . . . I really don't know, and I'm always paranoid about Spy and paranoid about my paranoia in turn. I don't read him as defending Brian per se - I'd be pretty surprised if they're scumbuddies, honestly - but there's a very odd angle on it (or maybe I just don't have a mental schematic for scum claiming Miller in response to an RVS wagon and can't fathom why Spy would) and a willingness to spend time ruminating on it. For all he talks big about Aero/SK he doesn't try to affect the situation. He leaves himself a lot of wiggle room about a wagon I thought was complete crud and still am having trouble sorting out signal from noise on because it felt so bad. There's a posture of commitment and confidence but the wagon comes and goes. Uch.
In post 239, Kazekirimaru wrote:You need to calm down.

The game is at a lull, I've contributed and scumhunted more that the majority of you.

If you ask me, my vote on him is not unfounded. I'd love to see him talk. Hell, I'd prefer it if he were L-1 so I could get some good reactions. Alas, all the reactions I'm getting are from you, and that's okay too.

But despite you flailing your arms around and crying at me for having my vote on a lurker, I suppose I have to agree my vote really does nothing right now since Maestro isn't responding.

Unvote
Wow what. So eager to tell us you've scumhunted so bloody much and . . . you don't pursue anything besides making your vote even MORE useless than it was? This looks like appeasement, and, er . . . sigh. Why am I not surprised that some of the SK/Kaze back-and-forth turned out to be chaff? Not a swipe at SK, just. Yeah.

At this point I wouldn't mind everyone not voting for anyone dying (need votecount - unless I'm missing something, that's Spy, Brian, Maestro. Passive in play not just in votes all, too, what a treat!). Preceded by Kaze, for preference. He and Smudge are still the dregs of the terribad Aero wagon.
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:14 pm

Post by Smudger »

In post 192, SleepyKrew wrote:Uh sorry what question?

I need to figure out if Smudger is failtown or failscum
I'll sleep on it
and you think that is the best way to get people to trust you in the game?

why are you defending Maestro so hard? what possible gratification do you get from attacking a pressure vote? and please do correct me if I am wrong, but applying a vote and not explaining it is suspect, applying a vote a giving reasons is acceptable. of course the explanation must make sense, my explanation makes sense to me, it is my opinion and that differs from yours.

as for this, good to see you being put in your place, what exactly were you thinking in asking for this?
In post 202, SleepyKrew wrote:
@mod

Can we see sample Miller, Mafia Goon and Serial Killer Role PMs?
No clue if that's actually allowed
this is the question you did not give any thought to:
In post 181, Smudger wrote:but then you could have done that, any reason why you did not?
you asked a lot of questions, that is good well done, that is the point of the game, but your persistence in tunnelling those who have placed a vote to give pressure is rather blinkered and singleminded and in fact I see as rather pointless but rather noteworthy. so here are some more questions for you:

What benefit do you derive from it for all of us?
What possible thing can it say to you or anyone else?
Is it that one or more of those applying those votes are scum? If so which of the 3 who voted are scum?
what did you learn from your investigation?
is the fact that you may have uncovered a major scum tactic a possibility?
Is the fact that one, two or all 3 of the 3 voting may have been exposed as scum because their vote is scummy?

thing that is crap is that when you are asked a simple question you ignore it. In particular when the person asking that question has answered every single question you have asked of him or her.
"There is nothing more ironic or contradictory than life itself"... R.D.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Smudger
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:14 pm

Post by Smudger »

In post 243, CrashTextDummie wrote:
In post 239, Kazekirimaru wrote:@CTD: I understand wanting to vote Brian, but why Smudger?
He has placed weak votes based on vague reasoning, and the timing of the Aeronaut vote was suspect. He has no reads to speak of and I've seen no drive on his part change that. He's towards the very bottom in terms of scumhunting, instead he's engaging in pointless arguments (particularly the one with SleepyKrew). Check his ISO and let me know what you think.
I have engaged in only one pointless discussion and who instigated that discussion, not I. In fact I answered every question asked of me during that discussion. It was not my intention to enter into it whatsoever, however I did as I was being asjked question, had I not done so then of course the reaction would have been greater. As for weak votes, I have made 3 votes IIRC the first was RVS and had no substance to it so agreed. My vote on Aero was placed because of attitude more than anything else and again was my vote and was made for a reason, which was explained. My third and current vote, the vote that began a rather protracted discussion between sleepy and I has resulted in my reply above, which will probably continue the "pointless discussion.

I am now coming out of my weekeend period and so have not been active enough to actually put in some scum hunting. Why is my content low? well read back you will see that I have never played in a game before with a miller and so have been learning as I go how such a claim is handled, thus my input in this area, an aera that takes up over 70% of your ISO, would be rather pointless IMO as I can only make a slight impact if at all, and this you will see that my question on the miller and other PRs will bear that out.

As for no scum hunting content, I would venture that I am not the only one who that could be said of and find your singling me out rather puzzling?
"There is nothing more ironic or contradictory than life itself"... R.D.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Smudger
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:29 pm

Post by Garmr »

@ kazekirimaru
Lol and you pretty much being jumping on every wagon since the start of the game. The only time you voted someone who wasn't on wagon is when they are voting your scum buddy. Please be less obvious. Theroy 1 kaze and NS are scum buddies.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:58 pm

Post by Garmr »

Theory*
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:15 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Hi guys, apologies for my inactivity this weekend. It was sitewide.

I'll be on a bit later today but it'll be in between birthday cake so, if I get distracted, that'll be why. This is one of a few threads that need my attention.
#greenshirtthursdays
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:23 am

Post by Garmr »

happy bday
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:28 am

Post by Kazekirimaru »

In post 266, Garmr wrote:@ kazekirimaru
Lol and you pretty much being jumping on every wagon since the start of the game. The only time you voted someone who wasn't on wagon is when they are voting your scum buddy. Please be less obvious. Theroy 1 kaze and NS are scum buddies.
Is there a reason you keep trying to discredit me now that my vote's on you? Are you really that nervous with
two
votes on your wagon? You're being very reactive and that's not a good thing. If you were town you'd not be OMGUSing so bad, methinks.

If you really thought I were "obvious" scum, you'd vote me. Instead you'd rather throw stones from the safety of your fence.

(Bonus style points if Garmr votes me after this post.)
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:47 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 264, Smudger wrote:and you think that is the best way to get people to trust you in the game?
I'm not trying to get people to trust me; I'm trying to find scum. What are you doing?
In post 264, Smudger wrote:why are you defending Maestro so hard? what possible gratification do you get from attacking a pressure vote? and please do correct me if I am wrong, but applying a vote and not explaining it is suspect, applying a vote a giving reasons is acceptable. of course the explanation must make sense, my explanation makes sense to me, it is my opinion and that differs from yours.
Because by leaving your "pressure" vote, you get away with not contributing anything. I've been over this with you and Kaze and I probably said the same stuff to ffery. I agree that Maestro needs to show up and do shit. But being content with a "pressure" vote is an excuse to not do anything. And I don't understand how in the world your explanation still makes sense to you. I explained the four different scenarios. Two of them, you agreed with me that a pressure vote is useless. The other two, you said that you disagreed that a pressure vote was useless, even though in those two scenarios, Maestro would start being active regardless of pressure!
In post 264, Smudger wrote:as for this, good to see you being put in your place, what exactly were you thinking in asking for this?
Brian said pitoli wished him good luck. I doubted pit would actually supply them, and even if she did, it'd be pretty unlikely that it'd actually be useful, but no harm in trying.
In post 264, Smudger wrote:but then you could have done that, any reason why you did not?
Are you asking why I didn't vote Aero?
In post 264, Smudger wrote:tunnelling
I don't think you know what this means

Answers to the following in bold
In post 264, Smudger wrote:What benefit do you derive from it for all of us?
I'm trying to force you (meaning you and Kaze) to contribute while I'm also scumhunting.

What possible thing can it say to you or anyone else?
I (and others) am trying to determine the reasoning and intent behind your votes. Yours is the only one I'm still contemplating.

Is it that one or more of those applying those votes are scum? If so which of the 3 who voted are scum?
I think Kaze is, which would be pretty obvious if you were paying attention.

what did you learn from your investigation?
ffery is cool.

is the fact that you may have uncovered a major scum tactic a possibility?
Sure?

Is the fact that one, two or all 3 of the 3 voting may have been exposed as scum because their vote is scummy?
I don't think ffery's vote is scummy. It's certainly possible that all 3 of you are scum, but HIGHLY UNLIKELY. You and Kaze both being scum is a possibility I'm still entertaining.
In post 264, Smudger wrote:thing that is crap is that when you are asked a simple question you ignore it. In particular when the person asking that question has answered every single question you have asked of him or her.
I think I just missed it at first. But yeah I don't think it's a very good question anyway. Interesting how you assume I intentionally ignored it.
In post 268, ChannelDelibird wrote:Hi guys, apologies for my inactivity this weekend. It was sitewide.

I'll be on a bit later today but it'll be in between birthday cake so, if I get distracted, that'll be why. This is one of a few threads that need my attention.
Happy cake! Face Day cake day :D

In post 270, Kazekirimaru wrote:Is there a reason you keep trying to discredit me now that my vote's on you?
Why did you say "keep"?
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:49 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

That space in CDB's quote was supposed to be between that quote and my stuff addressing Smudger <.<
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:51 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

@Kaze
Is trying to discredit the person voting you scummy? Is it different from defending yourself? How?
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:03 am

Post by Kazekirimaru »

- Because all they've done since I voted them is react to me voting them.

- Yes. Yes. It's a matter of circumstance.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”