Mini 1501: We're On A Boat! (END?! results inside)

Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:00 pm

Post by Smudger »

In post 143, Brian Skies wrote:You weren't over-complicating things. But I felt that you were about to go on some confusing tangent centered around almost boundless WIFOM concerning my claim.
it seems others were more concerned in trying that than me, simply thinking out loud was all I was doing.
In post 129, notscience wrote:I am obvious town.

But nice try though.

The second half of that post made 0 sense.
how are you obvtown? All you have done is say you are obvtown, and nothing much else. Your ISO is basically 4 votes as you hop around RVS and then some fairly inconsequential comments before you launch the " notscience is obvtown" campaign.

agree with this
In post 126, fferyllt wrote:
Vote: Maestro
VOTE: Maestro

some rather pointless posts and nothing much more... needs a fiery object inserted in a body cavity to encourage action..
"There is nothing more ironic or contradictory than life itself"... R.D.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Smudger
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:14 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

VOTE: Maestro

Seems like a good place to let my vote hang out.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:16 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

VOTE: Kaz
To be clear: quack
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:20 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

lol. I'm totes scum for wanting to hear more from Maestro. Mhmm.

You caught me.
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:21 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

^ Sarcasm b t dubs
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:23 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Actually I want to hear more from Maestro too. But cool :D
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:24 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

You should join me on this glorious wagon, then. <3
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:33 pm

Post by Plum »

VOTE: CDL

Yo mister.
In post 27, Kazekirimaru wrote:Not sure how to feel about miller claim.

Seen it legit before; seen it used as a scum gambit before.
In post 32, Kazekirimaru wrote:
In post 30, notscience wrote:Yup.

Miller claims are absolutely null and wifom.
The fuck they are.
Parrrdon?

Not super impressed by notscience. No, not good. Actually really bad scummy. UNVOTE: VOTE: notscience Whole we're at it:
In post 56, notscience wrote:So, reads thus far

CDB Town because he really did a nice job getting us out of RVS and he's been p transparent thus far, and I liked his miller reaction

Aero Scum for sheeping and running someone up to L-1 before everyone has even checked in, let alone on page 2.

Brian probs scum for reasons CDB has said, but by no means should get lynched before everyone's even checked in.
Aero scum for voting Brian L-1/Brian probs scum? Really? CDB/notscience doesn't look like buddies (notscience buddying though? Yea verily could be, as they say), not that that means much at this stage, but still. I initially read CDB's posts in the wake of the Miller claim as showily badgering people about their reactions, but whatever.

That said, everyone including YYR who reads this as a dichotomy between legit Miller/scum who got antsy at a Page 1 wagon . . . what? Seriously? SpyreX, what, no. Durrr. CDB is absolutely correct that if it's a scum gambit, it was planned as his entry post.
In post 60, Brian Skies wrote:@aeronaut: The difference is that notscience made the vote after clearly participating in the discussion. You made your vote upon your entrance.
That's why I'm far more suspicious of notscience than Aero, to be honest.
In post 63, Smudger wrote:Not at all, my last name is Smith, therefore the nickname Smudger, which is a general nick name given to Smiths in the British armed forces, and my wife's last name is Miller... Why so serious so early off the bat Channel?

As for a Miller in this game, well have never played in a game with one, question is it a miller or is it another PR with a win condition that means it must lynch?

I sincerely hope you're joking. The fact that you said that is pretty much the only thing keeping me from voting you, and I feel dirty saying that.
In post 70, Kazekirimaru wrote:You do realize there is barely any pressure on you at all, right? Why are you defending so hard?
:facepalm: Finally, an emoticon for all my needs.

Three acceptances of he Miller claim as legit in a row. Huh. Personally am of the Llamafluff school of first-post Miller claims, and there are a good few I'd lynch before Brian on scumminess merit.

Smudger #95 is just badnews all around. The weakest stab at notscience followed by jumping onto notscience's Aero wagon followed by the weakest 'doubt your claim/am taking the opinions that it's legit into account/I literally have not said anything stronger about the Miller claim all game tralala' NOPE.
In post 145, YYR wrote:
Vote: Kaze
In post 100, Kazekirimaru wrote:I'm pretty sold on Brian Skies's claim at this point.
What exactly changed your mind here? Since you last responded to me, you still seemed unsure of your position on Brian. And he hasn't done anything as far as I can see that could possibly change your mind. The only thing I did see was two other townies solidify their read on Brian as town, and this looks like you're just following them along.
:thumbsup: (Kaz's is by far the shadiest verbal expression of belief in Brian's Miller claim here).
In post 147, notscience wrote:I'm entertaining the idea of lynching Garmr for lols if anyone else is in
In post 149, notscience wrote:Because he's a bully and called me a VI
First thing I've seen that reads townish instead of scummish? But Garmr's Town regardless. VOTE: Kaz
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:41 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Brian Skies:
In post 12, Brian Skies wrote:
I'm the miller.
I'm going to die anyways, look for someone else.

^ Serious claim.

And Pitoli wished me good luck. It's okay guys, you don't have to be jealous.
This needs to be dead before LYLO.

Do you have any reads besides a town lean on Garmr?

Kazekirimaru:
In post 146, Kazekirimaru wrote:I'll admit others' opinions helped solidify my own. I do tend to take the crowd's opinion into consideration in situations I'm not familiar with. I've never played with a miller in game before.
Then why were you adamant that they can't be null if you don't have experience with them?

Jump to Maestro seems very opportunistic. Reaction to my vote solidifies my vote.

Smudger:
In post 95, Smudger wrote:Spyrex, going to need some time to get use to your style, not saying it is bad, but different to what an old fart like me is use to...
What did this mean?

Garmr:
In post 112, Garmr wrote:Aeronaught seems like a easy target for him to latch onto as well I have him as a null read.
Even though ns was the first to vote him?
Why have you dropped this reason?

CrashTextDummy:
In post 37, CrashTextDummie wrote:Lynch all D1 miller claims.

vote: Brian Skies
I agree that he needs to be dead before LYLO, but don't you think a D1 policy lynch right out the gate is a not-so-good idea?
In post 110, CrashTextDummie wrote:Spyrex, I am disappointed. Was really hoping you'd be town this game.
Why is SpyreX scum?

fferyllt:
In post 123, fferyllt wrote:The game was making a fast transition out of RVS mode (thank fuck for that)
How come you didn't try to get us out of RVS?
In post 126, fferyllt wrote:
Vote: Maestro
why

ChannelDelibird: Reads?

Maestro: Anything?

notscience:
In post 49, notscience wrote:UNVOTE:

^
This unvote was to prevent a quickhammer. Meaning you wanted the Day to not end prematurely. Why? Walk me through your logic.
Not liking the response to Garmr.

YYR: Thoughts on others besides Kaze?

SpyreX:
In post 116, SpyreX wrote:Ultimately, the page 1 dance is going to come down to the great game of which is more likely:

- A wagon formed on scum off the bat and the scum went panic mode and claimed miller as the get out of jail free pass.
- A wagon formed on a miller, claimed miller, and the jumps on tried to push that through.
What about a wagon formed on scum that had planned on claiming miller off the bat regardless of pressure?

I don't like how he says we need to squeeze more out of the Day, but doesn't actually contribute anything besides millerstuff and Aeroblood.

PEDIT: ohaithar Plum
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:50 pm

Post by Smudger »

In post 158, SleepyKrew wrote:Smudger:
In post 95, Smudger wrote:
Spyrex, going to need some time to get use to your style, not saying it is bad, but different to what an old fart like me is use to...

What did this mean?
basically what it says, I am old and the way Spyrex is communicating in a way that was hard for me to actually get a grip of what he was saying....in fact a few of you are doing the same.

Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:53 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

@Plum, Read my ISO and you'll see my reasoning for disagreeing with ns in /believing the miller claim.

Unless you already did that and still find me scummy, in which case whatevs
bro
miss

PEDIT: @SleepyKrew, I honestly don't remember my line of thinking at that time. I'm still working out the kinks here and there. I feel like I had a good reason at the time of saying that but I just don't recall v.v

But do tell me the scum motivation in me moving off the largest wagon to vote a lurker, kthx.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:58 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 159, Smudger wrote:
In post 158, SleepyKrew wrote:Smudger:
In post 95, Smudger wrote:
Spyrex, going to need some time to get use to your style, not saying it is bad, but different to what an old fart like me is use to...

What did this mean?
basically what it says, I am old and the way Spyrex is communicating in a way that was hard for me to actually get a grip of what he was saying....in fact a few of you are doing the same.
Can you describe the style of communication?
In post 160, Kazekirimaru wrote:But do tell me the scum motivation in me moving off the largest wagon to vote a lurker, kthx.
You're jumpy, Aero momentum was slowing down, and you saw two recent votes for Maestro. What's the
town
motivation of a third pressure vote in quick succession?

@Plum, what's your current read on ns?
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:09 pm

Post by Smudger »

In post 157, Plum wrote:I sincerely hope you're joking. The fact that you said that is pretty much the only thing keeping me from voting you, and I feel dirty saying that.
Which part would you like to be a joke and why?
In post 157, Plum wrote:Smudger #95 is just badnews all around. The weakest stab at notscience followed by jumping onto notscience's Aero wagon followed by the weakest 'doubt your claim/am taking the opinions that it's legit into account/I literally have not said anything stronger about the Miller claim all game tralala' NOPE.

hmmmm explain this a little better if you would as your observation is rather weak in itself.

In post 161, SleepyKrew wrote:Can you describe the style of communication?
basically this,
In post 88, SpyreX wrote:Now this is what I'm talkin about. Entering on a miller claim off a page 1 jump wagon? I think the chances are super high that this stink isn't the wacky random hijinks style, but the scum jumping a little too soon.

Generally, a miller claim is garbage but I think this one is going to end up legit. He's not throwing it up like a shield and a page 1 mercy killing is a little too cheeky for the scum ploy (miller normally is presented like a mystic shield) - Betting it all on black that early doesn't make a lot of sense.

Overall, that initial push is bad, but its no where near as bad as Aero's leap onto it. Right after it looks like its starting to calm the tee-hee prep vote leaping on is bad, bad bad. When the time comes, I'll hammer that one into oblivion.

There's plenty of juice to be had from that squeeze if its a scum lemon too. I'm not super anxious, but I do not want to see this mill about forever and a day waiting for the check in. I want Aero blood all over my face
when I write any communication I tend to remain "old school" using correct terminology and grammar, where at all possible. I had to reread the above to understand exactly what was being said, thu smy comment

I was asking myself why you would find this answer important then I thought that you are probably thinking, if this was not important then why would I post it. simple answer - if there is ever a misunderstanding of future posts I have a point of reference i can go back to during that possible future conversation, Is that relevant in the greater scheme of things? probably not.

SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:12 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Why did you change votes? Why to Maestro?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:25 pm

Post by Plum »

SK - notscience leaning scum. Close third behind Kaz and Smudger.

Kaz - I see 'Miller claims aren't just null and WIFOM, even though I'm not sure about this one yet and I've seen this both from legit Town and gambiting scum'. Which fair enough? No bloody textual clue from as to why you believe the claim at the point you said you do, really.

Smudger - the initiation of "is it a miller or is it another PR with a win condition that means it must lynch?" as a legitimate question is something I'd be at least mildly surprised to see from scum, and the entrenching thereof is generally odd. Re weakness - unless I'm missing an implication here about notscience's need to
reiterate
his positions, I'm unimpressed. It's weak to say 'interesting that you state your reads early' and drop it, especially when you had no posts of substance to that point - and leapt onto the wagon notscience launched in your next breath.
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:29 pm

Post by Smudger »

In post 163, SleepyKrew wrote:Why did you change votes? Why to Maestro?
As I agree with the reasons for the first vote, which I assume is for the reasons I also stated. No real post content, in fact 2 posts, so it's a persuasive vote to garner some response. if there is no response and the lack of input remains as it is, then it would seem an obvious wagon to build.

SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:32 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Do you still think my slot is scum?
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:35 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Also, do you think a second vote increases the chance that he's going to respond?
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:52 pm

Post by Smudger »

In post 164, Plum wrote:Smudger - the initiation of "is it a miller or is it another PR with a win condition that means it must lynch?" as a legitimate question is something I'd be at least mildly surprised to see from scum, and the entrenching thereof is generally odd. Re weakness - unless I'm missing an implication here about notscience's need to reiterate his positions, I'm unimpressed. It's weak to say 'interesting that you state your reads early' and drop it, especially when you had no posts of substance to that point - and leapt onto the wagon notscience launched in your next breath.
I disagree with you and am actually numb to the fact you are unimpressed.

I raised the observation concerning Millers and other possible roles that have a lynch win condition as it was simply in my mind as I have never played in a game where a miller has been involved and so I asked a question. A question you will find was chased by Brian and we discussed, to me the subject was closed.

With regard to the statement regarding "It's weak to say 'interesting that you state your reads early' and drop it", how would you know if I had dropped it. I did not pursue it as I was interested to see what response would come of it, and I got a response which has lead me to become suspicious of NS, enough to warrant a full blown attack? no, but enough to have noted for later use and for me to, as others have, become suspicious of NS. The fact I had no posts of substance to that point is inconsequential, the fact that I did is relevant and in particular how a player joins a game then picks up on comments that he or she finds suspicious has no actual accepted format other than it is encouraged.

With regard to the NS wagon, you are of course referring to Aero, do you understand why I voted for Aero? if not is was for his attitude more than anything, whether the wagon was started by NS or not, is in my mind immaterial and, looking at your entry here, I would guess that you will know acceptable reasons why a person who starts a wagon on someone who is lynch worthy, is not above reproach and is by no means exonerated from questioning or future suspicion. You will also note from the exchange between SleepyKrew and I that I have now moved my vote and the reasons why.

Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:57 pm

Post by Smudger »

In post 166, SleepyKrew wrote:Do you still think my slot is scum?
I found your slot's previous incumbent's attitude scummy, as for you, you have so far asked a lot of questions, is that scummy no, are you above suspicion, no..
In post 167, SleepyKrew wrote:Also, do you think a second vote increases the chance that he's going to respond?
maybe maybe not, he is obviously visiting the thread or we would not have had the reaction we got when Aero stated he was replacing out, what do you think, does it?

SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:11 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

So basically my slot is still your top scumread but you chose to sheep a pressure vote instead? Do you understand that a second pressure vote does literally nothing?
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:21 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Actually you probably don't.
Let's assume Maestro is town and has just been busy. He'll contribute when he can regardless of pressure.
Let's assume Maestro is scum and has just been busy. He'll contribute when he can. He might be a little bit more wary of pressure, but a second vote that's just there to make him post isn't going to scare him more than the first vote.
Let's assume Maestro is town and useless. Pressure does nothing.
Let's assume Maestro is scum and plans on continuing lurking. That makes pressuring him useless.
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:26 pm

Post by Smudger »

In post 170, SleepyKrew wrote:So basically my slot is still your top scumread but you chose to sheep a pressure vote instead? Do you understand that a second pressure vote does literally nothing?
I have no top scum read at the moment, I stated that I found the previous incumbent of your slot had an attitude that as scummy, as for " not above suspicion " does not mean scum or town it means what is says you are not above suspicion. If you would like to press me on that it would ,mean that you are currently null.

You are saying I cannot vote because my vote does nothing? and I take it that is the answer to the question I asked you? If a second pressure vote does nothing, then why even apply the first pressure vote? in particular during D1. I can understand how a pressure vote would have substance later in the game, but D1? surely more than one vote on a lurking player early in a game would have greater emphasis than a solitary vote?

Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:28 pm

Post by Smudger »

see above post from me plus comments in bold
In post 171, SleepyKrew wrote:Actually you probably don't.
Let's assume Maestro is town and has just been busy. He'll contribute when he can regardless of pressure.
then why post at all and not just say sorry folks am VLA

Let's assume Maestro is scum and has just been busy. He'll contribute when he can. He might be a little bit more wary of pressure, but a second vote that's just there to make him post isn't going to scare him more than the first vote.
then why post at all and not just say sorry folks am VLA

Let's assume Maestro is town and useless. Pressure does nothing.
fair enough and understandable

Let's assume Maestro is scum and plans on continuing lurking. That makes pressuring him useless.
fair enough and understandable
Got it~
Last edited by pitoli on Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:29 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

So what, just by replacing out, Aero completely erased your scumread?

I think the first vote was unnecessary too but you're here at the moment and ffery isn't so I'm just talking to you. I think you should be voting who you think is scum. Which is apparently no one.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”