Micro 217: MORPH THE CAT GOES PLATINUM

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:21 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Fixed.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:28 pm

Post by morph the cat »

I have no idea how the gamescore happened. When I counted it up early day 3 we were at 800-900.

Cabd must have been working on the achievements when I wasn't looking.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:46 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Role Ideas:

First, Baezu's role. Baezu's role was essentially what was (mostly) a distraction to her, and had the outside aim of getting the Platinum Trophy. If she didn't focus so much on her achievements and instead tried to GAMBLE for secrets, she was rewarded with the opportunity to get the mechanic achievements (some of which I'll explain in a moment), with me rolling a d2 everytime she gambled and if 1, normal secret achievement, if 2, mechanic secret achievement. There were also a couple of ways to shoot for the Platinum, and I think Baezu played it perfectly for the first half, stopped seeking achievements during the second half: the idea is that the achievement hunter would play it safe and buy all the achievements she couldn't earn (which is what Baezu did), buy a bunch of cheap achievements for greatest number, or go the secret GAMBLING route. The two hidden mechanics that were prominent was the presidential mechanic, which had the following results:

Elected unanimously: Dictator (Kingmaker Double-Day)
Elected 6 or Higher Votes: President (Kingmaker)
Elected by slim Majority: President without a House/Senate Majority: (Gladiator)
Elected by 2 or more votes but not majority: Governor (One-Shot Governor, doesn't end day but lynchee cannot be lynched)
Elected Randomly: Statesman (One-Shot Governor, doesn't end day but lynchee CAN be lynched)

Little Blue Numbers:
Essentially, weather effects. I'm not sure if I'm going to return to them or not, but an example of a weather effect was TEMPO TEMPO TEMPO day which made the battery go down fast as hell initially, then slow up dramatically as the day continued (length of deadline wasn't affected, it just seemed like it was). The numbers went up extremely quickly, and if you allowed them to get to a high enough number, you would be able to award someone a one-shot commuter.

morph the cat's role/counterweights: This role was essentially a trap for whoever rolled it. The daykill would most likely not make its way into lylo unhindered; goodmorning had a protect from the grave ability which would allow her to make someone immune from deaths during the night or during the day. Tinkerbell was there for scare tactics (which would be brutal if they tried something like a cop guilty gambit, etc.) as well as punishing the hell out of them if they needed to barter with Who in order to get their achievements. SPARTACUS knew there wasn't a few roles in the game (cop/doctor, I think?): cop so that muddying the waters would get counterclaimed with a fake guilty, doc so that couldn't be fakeclaimed by a quickhammerer in trouble, tracker so there couldn't be a fake guilty that way either. Bulbazak was given the weak Voyeur so that muddying the waters couldn't get away with a roleblocked/etc. fakeclaim. Jason's OBVIOUS TOWNIE role was a small flavor hint to scum acting like scum.

DoctorPepper's role was honestly put in because of the potential for hilarity, and also to catch Tar trying to fish for flavor (as well as help attack anyone who talked about flavor claims). Tar was another trap-role, but had the power to make others to the kill for them if he knew they claimed.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Sound of Silence
Sound of Silence
Mafia Scum
Sound of Silence
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:52 pm

Post by Sound of Silence »

I knew the daykill was too good to be true, but I thought it was just tinkerbell as the counterweight.

Next time anybody tells me I worry too much I'm not listening.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:52 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1328, Sound of Silence wrote:I knew the daykill was too good to be true, but I thought it was just tinkerbell as the counterweight.

Next time anybody tells me I worry too much I'm not listening.
meh
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:54 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

I didn't know how to capitalize on the "have others kill," unfortunately. I wish I did cuz that would've been hilarious.

I wouldn't mind playing this again as a micro, but I probably wouldn't be able to do a Large Theme. The one thing that I think MUST be changed/removed is the spamalot achievement, so that someone like Who isn't allowed to do nothing but spam for pretty much the entirety of the game.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:14 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 1330, Voidedmafia wrote:The one thing that I think MUST be changed/removed is the spamalot achievement, so that someone like Who isn't allowed to do nothing but spam for pretty much the entirety of the game.
Especially since it could be bought.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:36 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

Just saying, there should have been an achievement for getting elected.

However, i am surprised that i got 22/24 and i think it's funny that 45S exists :P
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:46 pm

Post by fferyllt »

I have a wiki page of about the game avatars ready to go whenever the file upload thing gets fixed. I'll post a link here once it's up and maybe other info about the game setup can be added.

bork's avatar will get honorable mention.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:56 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 1309, Nachomamma8 wrote:
Achievement Unlocked:

[ ] [50S] AMURIKA
**Say something profoundly AMURIKAN. (50 G)
THIS ACHIEVEMENT

This game was baffling and bizarre and other b-words as well. I still don't know how I feel about it.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:53 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Looking forward to the Large version.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:43 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 368, Baezu wrote:Just so you know i went through the banned list and cross checked it with the timing of the holocaust comment kuribo made and he did NOT get banned for it. Should have, but didn't.

I want to point out that while I was not banned for threatening to toss Slandaar into a Holocaust gas chamber, that incident also pre-dates the current intervention of banning people for abusive behavior. (It happened almost two years ago: Banning people for abusive language has only come about in the last few months) It's kinda disingenuous to point out "Oh, he wasn't banned for this," when a great many things were done back then that weren't being banned.

Further, I've been officially warned on two separate occasions in the last couple of months, and it's been made very clear to me that I am this close || to getting banned

And even further, I have not made any similar jokes / threats because I've never been happy about the fact that I said it--- even after apologizing publicly to Slandaar, he refuses to speak to me or even play with me. And frankly, I don't blame him, as is his right.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:43 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 1336, kuribo wrote:
In post 368, Baezu wrote:Just so you know i went through the banned list and cross checked it with the timing of the holocaust comment kuribo made and he did NOT get banned for it. Should have, but didn't.

I want to point out that while I was not banned for threatening to toss Slandaar into a Holocaust gas chamber, that incident also pre-dates the current intervention of banning people for abusive behavior. (It happened almost two years ago: Banning people for abusive language has only come about in the last few months) It's kinda disingenuous to point out "Oh, he wasn't banned for this," when a great many things were done back then that weren't being banned.

Further, I've been officially warned on two separate occasions in the last couple of months, and it's been made very clear to me that I am this close || to getting banned

And even further, I have not made any similar jokes / threats because I've never been happy about the fact that I said it--- even after apologizing publicly to Slandaar, he refuses to speak to me or even play with me. And frankly, I don't blame him, as is his right.
even beyond that, the game in question was lost forever in the Crash of 2012 anyway
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Who
Who
Yes?
Who
Yes?
Yes?

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:21 pm

Post by Who »

Which was officially the most important, gamerscore, winning, or trophies?

I was aiming for GS but just wondering.
Who said that?
Chamber. It's all a conspiracy.
Or is it?
Who
Who
Yes?
Who
Yes?
Yes?

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:22 pm

Post by Who »

EBWODP: Number of achievements, not trophies.
Who said that?
Chamber. It's all a conspiracy.
Or is it?
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:40 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1333, fferyllt wrote:I have a wiki page of about the game avatars ready to go whenever the file upload thing gets fixed. I'll post a link here once it's up and maybe other info about the game setup can be added.

bork's avatar will get honorable mention.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... t_Unlocked
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:10 am

Post by waynegg »

In post 34, Baezu wrote:
In post 29, morph the cat wrote:hi guys.
In post 3, Nachomamma8 wrote:Let's all hold hands and pray for the random.org gods to give ffery scum!
You didn't have to go so far as to sacrifice a kitten to them.

Post something useful guys. page 1 is nearly used up and I have not one read.
We're trying to get achievements. Why are you not playing along?

@jason if you want to start an avatar fad I'd follow
Never mind. Found it. Ima dork.

So anyhow, there's no way she was cornered by post 29 in any game and the flippant scum claim. So yeah. I feel like a fool for overlooking it but there's the contradictory evidence.
Wayne's reading...odd, but I think he's trying, he's just decided the quickest way to the market down the street was to create a causality portal and tesseract between the two spaces rather than walking. down. the street. ~ Ghostlin
Like LEGO minifigs?
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:24 am

Post by quadz08 »

:nerd:
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”