Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:32 am

Post by Zdenek »

What were you thinking when you suggested that Thor could be a universal miller?
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:33 am

Post by Amrun »

I didn't. At all. It seemed to me that you were suggesting he SHOULD be, and that because he wasn't, he was scum. It was la la land shit, man.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:34 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 483, Amrun wrote:ANY MILLER RETURNS TOWN TO NON-STANDARD COP ROLES, OR IT IS THEN NOT A MILLER BUT SOMETHING ELSE (ie a universal miller, a gravedigger, etc.)
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:34 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Day 1, Vc 17

PrideandJoy (1) -
Amrun
kanyeknowsbest (3) -
Andrius, ooba, PeaceBringer
elleheathen (3) -
Garruk Relentless, kanyeknowsbest, Thor665
quadz08 (6) -
Shadoweh, StupendousMan, Benmage, macmollie, Cephrir, Nautilius
Amrun (1) -
Tierce
ooba (4) -
Alfred Borden, quadz08, Goat on a Raft, PrideandJoy
StupendousMan (1)-
Tammy
Thor665 (1) -
Zdenek

Not voting (4)
- Messiah Complex, SafetyDance, Syryana, elleheathen

With 24 alive it takes 13 votes to lynch
  • Deadline Date: 1st of October at 17:05 EDT
  • Deadline Countdown: (expired on 2013-10-01 17:05:01)
  • Thor and Benmage are V/la

If there are any VC mistakes please let me know
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:35 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 502, Zdenek wrote:
In post 483, Amrun wrote:ANY MILLER RETURNS TOWN TO NON-STANDARD COP ROLES, OR IT IS THEN NOT A MILLER BUT SOMETHING ELSE (ie a universal miller, a gravedigger, etc.)
I am not sure you have read this post properly.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:37 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 433, Tammy wrote:I think you are running up town. Care to help me find scum???
You read town... but your stupendous vote does have much worth sheeping...
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:38 am

Post by Benmage »

^doesn't**
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:38 am

Post by Zdenek »

Well, I am not suggesting that since he's a universal miller and that since he's not, he's scum. I am suggesting his claim is bullshit.

The only thing that makes any sense so far, is that he would show up as miller to a role cop, and be town since scum-miller is lolzy. But then why say not regular cop, why not just be clear and say role-cop.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:49 am

Post by Amrun »

There are a ton of non-cop informative roles...
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:56 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 508, Amrun wrote:There are a ton of non-cop informative roles...
That investigate people as town?
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:57 am

Post by Amrun »

At this point, I will let Thor reply -- after he says something, I will answer you, though.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Goat on a Raft
Goat on a Raft
Goon
Goat on a Raft
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:58 am

Post by Goat on a Raft »

Amrun is right. The claim is not weird.
Ostensibly a hydra of AurorusVox and ChannelDelibird.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:03 am

Post by Zdenek »

Eh. I just read through a list of roles, and at this point, there's really no use in pushing Thor on the matter.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:50 am

Post by ooba »

@Elle:

Wow - I completely missed that. I didn't associate "How's that help your read of my roleclaim?" with "My vote on you is serious now." (even though there's a line space; the brain misses these things at times). This is how I read the entire post:
Spoiler: Thor's original post
Also, seriously, my rolename will help you quantify the validity of the rather normal and pointed claim of 'Miller'?

Uh...no, it doesn't work like that with a Miller claim.

Sure, if I'd claimed ' post restricted 3-shot day vig hormonal sociopath' and then *didn't* nameclaim Caetlyn, okay, sure, maybe you have something going.
But Miller? Meh - there's only about EVERY FREAKIN' CHARACTER who is shades of gray in this series, so...yeah, I don't think it would help you do jack.

My vote on you is serious now.
How's that help your read of my roleclaim?
- Start off with a question
- Explain why your logic doesn't work
- Reinforce with question again
Thor's accusation of a misrep makes a lot more sense now.

Ah. I guess the wording "rolefishing" was wrong usage on my part since Thor had already claimed Miller - "flavour fishing" then - and flavour fishing is not an accusation as scummy since I've seen both curious and skeptical townies do it.

The last point about me not asking a question; It's not as if you wouldn't have replied irrespective of whether or not I added a "?" at the end.

@Quadz:

- Based on my reads, you knew what I thought on about a quarter of the playlist. Sure you may not have reasoning backing them up but it is content.
-
why does the vote on you matter more?
Because it's a vote on me?

@Nautilius:
Thank you for 473. I still don't have a read on you - but that's the best "defense of ooba" post I've seen in quite a while.
Addn: Slight town read for 484 - exactly what I was thinking after -
"This quadz wagon is lame. ooba is better. elle is town."
- Amrun's voting me? Scroll up to VC - nope.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:53 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 507, Zdenek wrote:Well, I am not suggesting that since he's a universal miller and that since he's not, he's scum. I am suggesting his claim is bullshit.

The only thing that makes any sense so far, is that he would show up as miller to a role cop, and be town since scum-miller is lolzy. But then why say not regular cop, why not just be clear and say role-cop.
In faradays last upick, my partner was a scum miller.

Roles, then alignments.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:54 am

Post by Syryana »

Hi Tammy!
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:55 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 507, Zdenek wrote:Well, I am not suggesting that since he's a universal miller and that since he's not, he's scum. I am suggesting his claim is bullshit.

Character cop?
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:57 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 514, Tammy wrote:

In faradays last upick, my partner was a scum miller.

Roles, then alignments.
Is it the same for this game?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:59 am

Post by Benmage »

I'm down for a D1 policy lynch. I don't get why Thor says site meta he's confirmed town??? Because he opened claiming.. so? Faraday himself has had scum partners open claiming miller, and then go onto win. So opening while, optimal site strategy (i guess in MD)... doesn't prove jack shit.

Its D1... lets do it.

unvote vote Thor

@Thor
why did you have Casso as a Upick, and was he your first pick?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:03 am

Post by Tammy »

Amrun - I'm on my phone so can't quote, but yes, roles were assigned first then alignments. He says in the second post that roles were assigned first then alignments.

Hi syryana!
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:10 am

Post by Benmage »

@Tammy
, what do you think of thor?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:31 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 336, Cephrir wrote:It's not "I know Thor reads everything so much as "I know Thor tries pretty hard at this game so I would think he'd want all the available information". But if you say you don't always read everything, I believe you. If you want me to refer to past games anyhow- I thought I'd played with you prior to my first departure from the site, but I don't think that's possible due to your join date, so I must just be thinking of Open 326, which I briefly returned for and then re-disappeared.
I feel like you sort of extracted the whole 'Thor would read everything' belief from wholecloth, yes/no?
In post 343, macmollie wrote:oh god I think thor is actually scum this game but I made a promise to myself not to go after him right away cos it will only clog the game up with the mollie/thor shitshow
You are so terrible at reading me I am amazed that you continue to act like you have any capability to do so.
In post 344, Zdenek wrote:You know that there are non-regular cops in the game?
I know what my role PM told me about cops in this game, and now you do too.
In post 344, Zdenek wrote:I don't see the misrep by ooba that Thor is pushing.
That's odd because;
In post 513, ooba wrote:Thor's accusation of a misrep makes a lot more sense now.
Ooba was able to figure it out.
Why so thick?
In post 353, Alfred Borden wrote:Wait, what? Wouldn't your role PM already tell you how you'd show up to cop investigations?
I think it did, and I provided you that information.
Oh, wait, are you accussing me of claiming that the mod didn't reveal the existence or lack thereof of multiball in my Miller PM?
Because that seems pretty normal really.
In post 373, Tierce wrote:Thor,
1) Have you read/watched the series?
2) Why did you pick Casso?
1. Read all of it.
Watched Season 1-2, not 3 yet.

2. Why wouldn't I pick Casso, he's one of the kings and will clearly soon sit the Seastone Chair.
In post 396, Zdenek wrote:Anyway, I don't buy that the mods would have informed the miller about the presence of non-standard cops, so Thor's miller claim looks bogus,
- I'm a miller, but you could still investigate me as town.
:neutral:

What's your read on Benmage?
In post 399, Tammy wrote:I don't know if...well I don't put anything past Thor...but I don't know how to really read Thor, or don't think I do
:lol:
Oh...filed under 'things I should sig'
In post 492, Zdenek wrote:All the people giving Thor possible responses are irritating me to no end.
Is this another case of 'I could catch scum Thor, if only he were made to answer a really weakball question ver 2.0?
Because it feels like it.
Seriously, how pathetic of a scum player does everyone here think I am? I don't recall too many of you being part of leading brilliant lynches of me last I checked.
Just saying.
In post 443, PeaceBringer wrote:compare that to KKB's behavior which demonstrates wagon jumping... now if people tell me that is his normal town play, fine, and when I have time it may be concerning enough to meta check...
Um...how is wagon jumping scummy in any way at all?
Especially in the first few days of Day 1?
In post 518, Benmage wrote:I'm down for a D1 policy lynch. I don't get why Thor says site meta he's confirmed town???
I'm saying site meta is to treat me like confirmed town.
Which, you'll already note a decent pile of town, and probably most of the scum are already doing.
Probably one scum is going to be willing to lob his cantaloupes into the ring and push on me a bit - care to explain how I'm scum for claiming a belief about site meta?
I could use a laugh.

Oh, and I picked Casso because I wanted to be a Miller.
Obviously.

I think that Elle thing is town now.
Painfully newb, but at least unlike the other newbs here, managing to seep out some town vibes.
Paranoia is a hell of a drug.

Sort of want to lynch Benny or Zeddy now.
Benny manages to make very slightly less sense than Zeddy - and that takes some doing.

Unvote: Elli-alaphabet
Vote: Benmage

I may be down with the ooba lulz wagon, but I'll admit the copping to the misrep actually feels townish. Ooba is certainly skilled enough that might be a feint to the growing pressure...but my gut kind of says town on that one too, so I think we can do better.
Let's lynch Benny for lulz, I like to lynch him Day 1 anyway.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:55 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 521, Thor665 wrote:
In post 518, Benmage wrote:I'm down for a D1 policy lynch. I don't get why Thor says site meta he's confirmed town???
I'm saying site meta is to treat me like confirmed town.
Which, you'll already note a decent pile of town, and probably most of the scum are already doing.
Probably one scum is going to be willing to lob his cantaloupes into the ring and push on me a bit - care to explain how I'm scum for claiming a belief about site meta?
I could use a laugh.

Oh, and I picked Casso because I wanted to be a Miller.
Obviously.

I think that Elle thing is town now.
Painfully newb, but at least unlike the other newbs here, managing to seep out some town vibes.
Paranoia is a hell of a drug.

Sort of want to lynch Benny or Zeddy now.
Benny manages to make very slightly less sense than Zeddy - and that takes some doing.

Unvote: Elli-alaphabet
Vote: Benmage

I may be down with the ooba lulz wagon, but I'll admit the copping to the misrep actually feels townish. Ooba is certainly skilled enough that might be a feint to the growing pressure...but my gut kind of says town on that one too, so I think we can do better.
Let's lynch Benny for lulz, I like to lynch him Day 1 anyway.
Where does site meta say to treat you as confirmed town? For claiming D1??? I just fucking showed that is idiotic logic.
-I'm calling you scum for you're zomgconftown push.
--You are far from conftown, Do I ever care what the peasants think? I'm the Hand for a reason.

-You picked Casso because you wanted to be a Miller. :? :?
--Refresh my memory, in asoif how is Casso the logical Miller choice? Moreover Faraday made it quite clear characters don't determine alignment, as someone just said, scum miller.

-Why do you want me lynched/think I'm scum?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:59 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 522, Benmage wrote:Where does site meta say to treat you as confirmed town? For claiming D1??? I just Smurfing showed that is idiotic logic.
Sweet - I never claimed it was logical, all I said was it was site meta to do so.
My evidence is in this thread.
But feel free to go and find me a Day 1 Miller claim where the Miller claimed as part of their first post and was then lynched anytime in the next three days.
I'll wait.
In post 522, Benmage wrote:-I'm calling you scum for you're zomgconftown push.
--You are far from conftown, Do I ever care what the peasants think? I'm the Hand for a reason.
So, I'm scum because...I think my role is confirmable and an unlikely scum claim?
Brilliant...?
In post 522, Benmage wrote:-You picked Casso because you wanted to be a Miller. :? :?
--Refresh my memory, in asoif how is Casso the logical Miller choice? Moreover Faraday made it quite clear characters don't determine alignment, as someone just said, scum miller.
He is the king of all his peoples and the most beloved king of any king in the series.
Yet, people don't give him the respect he deserves.
Sad really.
In post 522, Benmage wrote:-Why do you want me lynched/think I'm scum?
I already said why - which part didn't you understand?
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:00 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 521, Thor665 wrote:Um...how is wagon jumping scummy in any way at all?
Especially in the first few days of Day 1?
it is a behavior that stands out, enough for me to warrant curiosity. It does seem out of character for him the few games I have looked at... and you are just lulz voting... which is fine by me as used to pretty much total lulz voting on day one...but want something out of alignment it is KKB's behavior imo...

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”