NY 164: Maniacal Street Mafia (Anticlimatically finished.)

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #6125 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:21 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 6119, penguin_alien wrote:putting multiple members in neighborhoods
This is the weird part that I have trouble coming to terms with. Uneven numbers of scum on each side doesn't necessarily mean that there are an uneven number of scum in each neighborhood. I was playing with the possibility a bit earlier, but it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
In post 6122, Bulbazak wrote:Ok, so you must think he's blue scum if you're going with uneven scumteams and a powerful red team. Is that the case, or are you just keeping your options open?
Uneven scumteams, Peregrine is town.
In post 6122, Bulbazak wrote:I thought you were going with uneven scumteams and red having a roleblocker. Wouldn't red just block the other team then?
If uneven scumteams, there would be one scum left for each side.
In post 6122, Bulbazak wrote:But then he comes back from V/LA and the first thing he does is...role the dice to see who to vote in Lylo?
You keep saying it's LyLo. It never has been LyLo. Rolling the dice was mostly a joke.
In post 6122, Bulbazak wrote:Then he says that Ninja + Roleblocker is not as powerful as Doctor + Tracker. Why not? One side has an investigative immune role and a blocking role, while the other has a protective role and an investigative role. Not to mention that the blocking role can interfere with the protective and the investigative role AND the NK. So why is that combination less powerful?
Why does that deduction make me scum?
In post 6122, Bulbazak wrote:Then he states that blue can just kill red tonight, when he has just gotten done saying that red has a roleblocker. How does that work? Couldn't the red just block the blue and control the tempo of the game? Why have you forgotten this? This should be a major consideration in your theory. You can't have "There is a very small, very powerful red team." and "Well, blue can just kill the red tonight if we miss." In a game this small, chances are that red will be able to successfully block the blue kill.
All of this is invalid once you realize the difference between the two theories.
In post 6122, Bulbazak wrote:In a game this small, chances are that red will be able to successfully block the blue kill. Then he says that PA and I are scum, but are on opposite teams. But didn't you just say earlier that PV was scum? What happened to that? Again, you can't have it both ways. Seriously, this theory has enough holes in it for it to qualify as a Swiss dairy product. This theory only serves as a way to distract everybody from Nacho's team and allow them to walk away with the win.
See previous.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #6126 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:23 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I also like how you immediately jumped on me due to this misunderstanding instead of questioning a bit in order to understand better.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

ffullisade
ffullisade
Goon
ffullisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6127 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:23 pm

Post by ffullisade »

In post 6124, macmollie wrote:UNVOTE: nacho
that was me

you guys are going to hear fery out
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #6128 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:23 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

hi mollie.
i wanted to talk to you because i am taking ffery's advice and rethinking you to.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #6129 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:23 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

what do you think of bulbazak?

ffullisade
ffullisade
Goon
ffullisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6130 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:24 pm

Post by ffullisade »

In post 6121, Ms Marangal wrote:
In post 6105, ffullisade wrote:One red or two.
Explain this.

you and nacho were the only ones voting our slot
If there are two reds, one of them would likely be on your wagon. That's why I said this morning that I felt like Nacho has to be red.

If there is one red, maybe not.
ffullisade
ffullisade
Goon
ffullisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6131 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:26 pm

Post by ffullisade »

In post 6124, macmollie wrote:UNVOTE: nacho
I did that hours ago.
ffullisade
ffullisade
Goon
ffullisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6132 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:32 pm

Post by ffullisade »

I wanted to be sure?
ffullisade
ffullisade
Goon
ffullisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6133 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:45 pm

Post by ffullisade »

In post 6120, Ms Marangal wrote:VOTE: nacho
VOTE: nacho
VOTE: Nacho
I know you unvoted, but what prompted you to do this?
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #6134 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:48 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

we never unvoted?

and I think Nacho is red scum with bulb, or did

I think he's bussing Nacho, explains why he's voting him over me when he apparently has a stronger read on me
Show

Cabd: trolling mara is everyone's TRUE wincon

We the purple Mafia II!

Pre-in's:2/9
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #6135 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:49 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

er

me

I never unvoted, I still think Nacho is scum though
Show

Cabd: trolling mara is everyone's TRUE wincon

We the purple Mafia II!

Pre-in's:2/9
ffullisade
ffullisade
Goon
ffullisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6136 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:02 pm

Post by ffullisade »

I think bulba's a role blocker. I think PA knows it. because of her team - maybe her - getting blocked last night.

Where nacho fits in is less clear to me. But if I'm right about bulba role blocking and Nacho is right about 1 red scum, assuming we mislynch town today, then one townie will die tonight and tomorrow will be 2-1-1. And the game is unwinnable for town even if we lynch scum tomorrow.

If there are 2 reds, then it's possible that it will be a scum who dies tonight and then it will still be 2-1-1 tomorrow and unwinnable unless they shoot each other tonight. And if there is a roleblock two shots won't happen.

If we have 1 red, then Nacho probably isn't it.

I feel like we have to lynch between bulba and PA today and hope for the best.

PA's vote on bulba supports this scenario, I think.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #6137 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:29 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 6134, Ms Marangal wrote:we never unvoted?

and I think Nacho is red scum with bulb, or did

I think he's bussing Nacho, explains why he's voting him over me when he apparently has a stronger read on me
What do you think of the uneven scumteams theory?

Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6138 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:51 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 6123, penguin_alien wrote: If you don't think red has the roleblocker, you say blue has the roleblocker. Why wouldn't blue have blocked ThAd when he was saying he would shoot CTD?
Maybe you thought that ThAd wouldn't shoot CTD after everything that happened. Maybe you thought CTD would be protected, since I was pushing for that. How am I supposed to know? I'm more curious about why Rena was blocked, since that would suggest a ThAd kill, but yet ThAd was left alive.
In post 6125, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 6122, Bulbazak wrote:Ok, so you must think he's blue scum if you're going with uneven scumteams and a powerful red team. Is that the case, or are you just keeping your options open?
Uneven scumteams, Peregrine is town.
So you changed your mind in less than a minute? If that is the case, why were you still pushing PV-scum while pushing uneven scumteams?
In post 6122, Bulbazak wrote:I thought you were going with uneven scumteams and red having a roleblocker. Wouldn't red just block the other team then?
If uneven scumteams, there would be one scum left for each side.
And? You're not answering my question.
In post 6122, Bulbazak wrote:But then he comes back from V/LA and the first thing he does is...role the dice to see who to vote in Lylo?
You keep saying it's LyLo. It never has been LyLo. Rolling the dice was mostly a joke.
Fine. It's Mylo. Same thing. If we mislynch today, we lose. Why would you randomly vote in that situation?
In post 6122, Bulbazak wrote:Then he says that Ninja + Roleblocker is not as powerful as Doctor + Tracker. Why not? One side has an investigative immune role and a blocking role, while the other has a protective role and an investigative role. Not to mention that the blocking role can interfere with the protective and the investigative role AND the NK. So why is that combination less powerful?
Why does that deduction make me scum?
Come on, Nacho. It's a pretty glaring hole in your theory. If I can think of it, surely it occurred to you when you came up with the idea. As I said, the uneven scum team idea is a way for you to distract the town from your team so that you can score the mislynch you need.
In post 6122, Bulbazak wrote:Then he states that blue can just kill red tonight, when he has just gotten done saying that red has a roleblocker. How does that work? Couldn't the red just block the blue and control the tempo of the game? Why have you forgotten this? This should be a major consideration in your theory. You can't have "There is a very small, very powerful red team." and "Well, blue can just kill the red tonight if we miss." In a game this small, chances are that red will be able to successfully block the blue kill.
All of this is invalid once you realize the difference between the two theories.
In post 6122, Bulbazak wrote:In a game this small, chances are that red will be able to successfully block the blue kill. Then he says that PA and I are scum, but are on opposite teams. But didn't you just say earlier that PV was scum? What happened to that? Again, you can't have it both ways. Seriously, this theory has enough holes in it for it to qualify as a Swiss dairy product. This theory only serves as a way to distract everybody from Nacho's team and allow them to walk away with the win.
See previous.
I don't know what you're getting at here. Please explain, because it seems to me like you are avoiding the issue.
In post 6126, Nachomamma8 wrote:I also like how you immediately jumped on me due to this misunderstanding instead of questioning a bit in order to understand better.
That's what I started to do, but while putting together the post, everything just kinda clicked for me. It made no sense that you'd be pushing this case as town. Therefore, I added the breakdown and reads at the end.
In post 6134, Ms Marangal wrote: I think he's bussing Nacho, explains why he's voting him over me when he apparently has a stronger read on me
I actually saw your vote while previewing my post. What do I care if you're choosing to bus your buddy? I actually don't care which of you we lynch today. You're both red scum.
In post 6136, ffullisade wrote:I think bulba's a role blocker. I think PA knows it. because of her team - maybe her - getting blocked last night.

Where nacho fits in is less clear to me. But if I'm right about bulba role blocking and Nacho is right about 1 red scum, assuming we mislynch town today, then one townie will die tonight and tomorrow will be 2-1-1. And the game is unwinnable for town even if we lynch scum tomorrow.

If there are 2 reds, then it's possible that it will be a scum who dies tonight and then it will still be 2-1-1 tomorrow and unwinnable unless they shoot each other tonight. And if there is a roleblock two shots won't happen.

If we have 1 red, then Nacho probably isn't it.

I feel like we have to lynch between bulba and PA today and hope for the best.

PA's vote on bulba supports this scenario, I think.
Um...what? I think I got lost somewhere in the middle. Can you break this down for me in simpler terms?
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #6139 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:11 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 6138, Bulbazak wrote:So you changed your mind in less than a minute? If that is the case, why were you still pushing PV-scum while pushing uneven scumteams?
If there are three scum, Peregrine is scum. If there are two scum, Peregrine is town.
Where did I change my mind? Nowhere.
In post 6138, Bulbazak wrote:And? You're not answering my question.
If there are three scum, then red does not have the roleblocker. If there are two scum, red can't quickhammer with two people because they only have one.
In post 6138, Bulbazak wrote:Fine. It's Mylo. Same thing. If we mislynch today, we lose. Why would you randomly vote in that situation?
Randomly vote between two people
that I have strong suspicions of
, but you tried conveniently ignoring that. What's wrong with that, again?
I also know there won't be a quickhammer because there isn't an instant win in the case of a quickhammer.
In post 6138, Bulbazak wrote:Come on, Nacho. It's a pretty glaring hole in your theory. If I can think of it, surely it occurred to you when you came up with the idea. As I said, the uneven scum team idea is a way for you to distract the town from your team so that you can score the mislynch you need.
Doctor + Tracker has good synergy because it helps find PRs to kill, and it's also a natural defense against the PR AND the other scumteam based on the ways they are shooting. Ninja+Roleblocker has shit synergy because ninja can't do anything except defend against Tracker/Watcher (booo), and Roleblocker allows you to fuck up power roles, yes, but you also have to find those power roles and you don't know whether you're actually doing anything or not unless the person is already claimed and you're framing them, but framejobs sort of suck when the other scumteam is just gonna shoot the guy.
In post 6138, Bulbazak wrote:That's what I started to do, but while putting together the post, everything just kinda clicked for me. It made no sense that you'd be pushing this case as town. Therefore, I added the breakdown and reads at the end.
Oh that's cool.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #6140 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:12 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 6138, Bulbazak wrote:Um...what? I think I got lost somewhere in the middle. Can you break this down for me in simpler terms?
You see you are missing something here. But instead of "something clicking", you question it.
Why? Because you aren't trying to lynch ffery?

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #6141 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:04 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 6108, Ms Marangal wrote:I changed my mind

I'm staying, but as Mara. Mala doesn't these kinds of attacks that she has been having, and it would be pretty shitty to have someone else inherit this slot
Alright, noted.

One-Hundred-Sixty-Ninth Votecount
:
(Seventh Votecount of Day Seven,
AKA, the "O_o" votecount.
)

Nachomamma8 - 2 (MS Marangal, Bulbazak)

penguin_alien - 1 (Nachomamma8)

Bulbazak - 1 (penguin_alien)

Not Voting - 2 (PeregrineV, ffullisade)

With
alive, it's
to lynch.

Day Seven's deadline is Monday, September 30th, @ 12:30 PM PST, which is in (expired on 2013-09-30 12:30:00).

Spoiler: Changes from last votecount
penguin_alien - 1 (Nachomamma8)
Nachomamma8 - 2 (
ffullisade
MS Marangal
Bulbazak
)
Bulbazak - 1 (
penguin_alien
)

Not Voting - 2 (PeregrineV,
Bulbazak
penguin_alien
Amethyst Kitty
MS Marangal
ffullisade
)
Last votecount was page 245, post 6100.

Spoiler: Player Vote History D7
Nachomamma8: Amethyst Kitty->penguin_alien
PeregrineV:
Bulbazak: Nachomamma8
penguin_alien: Bulbazak
Amethyst Kitty
MS Marangal: Nachomamma8
ffullisade: Amethyst Kitty->Unvote->Amethyst Kitty->Unvote->Nachomamma8->Unvote

Spoiler: Vote History D7
On Mon, Sep 9/09/13 @ 10:43p,
ffullisade
Votes
Amethyst Kitty
in post 5996.
On Wed, Sep 9/11/13 @ 00:24a,
ffullisade
Unvotes
Amethyst Kitty
in post 6005.
On Wed, Sep 9/11/13 @ 03:27p,
Nachomamma8
votes
Amethyst Kitty
in post 6025.
On Mon, Sep 9/16/13 @ 02:24p,
ffullisade
Votes
Amethyst Kitty
in post 6042.
On Tue, Sep 9/17/13 @ 00:18a,
ffullisade
unvotes
Amethyst Kitty
in post 6068.
On Wed, Sep 9/18/13 @ 02:22a,
Nachomamma8
votes
penguin_alien
in post 6091.
On Wed, Sep 9/18/13 @ 10:11a,
ffullisade
votes
Nachomamma8
in post 6093.
On Wed, Sep 9/18/13 @ 05:41p,
ffullisade
unvotes
Nachomamma8
in post 6105.
On Wed, Sep 9/18/13 @ 08:06p,
MS Marangal
Votes
Nachomamma8
in post 6120.
On Wed, Sep 9/18/13 @ 08:10p,
Bulbazak
votes
Nachomamma8
in post 6122.
On Wed, Sep 9/18/13 @ 08:17p,
penguin_alien
Votes
Bulbazak
in post 6123.
Last edited by mastin2 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6142 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:20 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 6139, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 6138, Bulbazak wrote:So you changed your mind in less than a minute? If that is the case, why were you still pushing PV-scum while pushing uneven scumteams?
If there are three scum, Peregrine is scum. If there are two scum, Peregrine is town.
Where did I change my mind? Nowhere.
In post 6096, Nachomamma8 wrote:I don't think Peregrine is town.
One minute later:
In post 6097, Nachomamma8 wrote:Or I think there's uneven scumteams.
Also, you didn't answer my second question.
In post 6139, Nachomamma8 wrote: If there are three scum, then red does not have the roleblocker. If there are two scum, red can't quickhammer with two people because they only have one.
My point is that you were addressing everything from the mindset of there are only 2 scum left. Why would you then switch it up and address a point as 3 scum left?
In post 6139, Nachomamma8 wrote: Randomly vote between two people
that I have strong suspicions of
, but you tried conveniently ignoring that. What's wrong with that, again?
See, again, this does not track. You say that you have strong suspicions of me and PA, then you say PV is scum, then you say that there are uneven teams (meaning all 3 suspects can't be true), then you say PV can still be scum with uneven scumteams, then you say that PA and I are scum and on opposite teams, then you say that PV can't be scum due to uneven scumteams (after having been called out on it). There is no logical progression.
In post 6139, Nachomamma8 wrote: I also know there won't be a quickhammer because there isn't an instant win in the case of a quickhammer.
True, there's always the possibility of cross killing. But again, your insistence that you were referring to an even team scenario doesn't track, since you were focusing on an uneven team scenario at the time.
In post 6139, Nachomamma8 wrote: Doctor + Tracker has good synergy because it helps find PRs to kill, and it's also a natural defense against the PR AND the other scumteam based on the ways they are shooting. Ninja+Roleblocker has shit synergy because ninja can't do anything except defend against Tracker/Watcher (booo), and Roleblocker allows you to fuck up power roles, yes, but you also have to find those power roles and you don't know whether you're actually doing anything or not unless the person is already claimed and you're framing them, but framejobs sort of suck when the other scumteam is just gonna shoot the guy.
You can aim a Roleblocker in the same manner that you can aim a Tracker. After all, it's not like a Tracker knows who to automatically follow to find a PR. They normally have a reason they are following that person. Same thing with Roleblocker, except that role could also be used as an impromptu protective role later in the game. I'm not seeing how the 2 combinations are incompatible.
In post 6140, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 6138, Bulbazak wrote:Um...what? I think I got lost somewhere in the middle. Can you break this down for me in simpler terms?
You see you are missing something here. But instead of "something clicking", you question it.
Why? Because you aren't trying to lynch ffery?
I started reading that post and got turned around and confused somewhere in the middle. I just want some clarification on what she's saying.

ffullisade
ffullisade
Goon
ffullisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6143 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:39 pm

Post by ffullisade »

Where did the post stop making sense?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #6144 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:57 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 6142, Bulbazak wrote:One minute later:
I think Peregrine is scum
OR
there are uneven scumteams.
OR means that the events are not mutually exclusive.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #6145 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:58 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

So, try again. Tell me where I changed my mind.

Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6146 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:24 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 6143, ffullisade wrote:Where did the post stop making sense?
I think I got lost somewhere around the second paragraph. Can you rephrase your post?
In post 6144, Nachomamma8 wrote:
OR
So you do agree that you were keeping PV open as a possible lynch? Cool.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #6147 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:32 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Yes, if there weren't uneven scumteams. The point is that I didn't change my mind.
Are we done with this point?

Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6148 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:51 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 6146, Bulbazak wrote: So you do agree that you were keeping PV open as a possible lynch?
In post 6147, Nachomamma8 wrote:Yes, if there weren't uneven scumteams.
OR
In post 6101, Nachomamma8 wrote: Peregrine would be not-town if there aren't uneven scumteams
In post 6144, Nachomamma8 wrote:the events are not mutually exclusive.
In post 6147, Nachomamma8 wrote:Yes, if there weren't uneven scumteams.
not mutually exclusive
Can we just lynch this scumbag now?

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6149 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:24 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Good to see there is some posts to read. I'll spend tomorrow trying to figure if Nacho is red or blue.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”