NY 164: Maniacal Street Mafia (Anticlimatically finished.)

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #6100 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:14 am

Post by mastin2 »

One-Hundred-Sixty-Eighth Votecount
:
(Sixth Votecount of Day Seven,
AKA, the "Replacement really, really needed" votecount.
)

penguin_alien - 1 (Nachomamma8)

Nachomamma8 - 1 (ffullisade)

Not Voting - 4 (PeregrineV, Bulbazak, penguin_alien, Amethyst Kitty)

With
alive, it's
to lynch.

Day Seven's deadline is Monday, September 30th, @ 12:30 PM PST, which is in (expired on 2013-09-30 12:30:00).

Spoiler: Changes from last votecount
Amethyst Kitty - 0 (
Nachomamma8
)
penguin_alien - 1 (
Nachomamma8
)
Nachomamma8 - 1 (
ffullisade
)

Not Voting - 4 (PeregrineV, Bulbazak, penguin_alien, Amethyst Kitty,
ffullisade
)
Last votecount was page 244, post 6080.

Spoiler: Player Vote History D7
Nachomamma8: Amethyst Kitty->penguin_alien
PeregrineV:
Bulbazak:
penguin_alien:
Amethyst Kitty:
ffullisade: Amethyst Kitty->Unvote->Amethyst Kitty->Unvote->Nachomamma8

Spoiler: Vote History D7
On Mon, Sep 9/09/13 @ 10:43p,
ffullisade
Votes
Amethyst Kitty
in post 5996.
On Wed, Sep 9/11/13 @ 00:24a,
ffullisade
Unvotes
Amethyst Kitty
in post 6005.
On Wed, Sep 9/11/13 @ 03:27p,
Nachomamma8
votes
Amethyst Kitty
in post 6025.
On Mon, Sep 9/16/13 @ 02:24p,
ffullisade
Votes
Amethyst Kitty
in post 6042.
On Tue, Sep 9/17/13 @ 00:18a,
ffullisade
unvotes
Amethyst Kitty
in post 6068.
On Wed, Sep 9/18/13 @ 02:22a,
Nachomamma8
votes
penguin_alien
in post 6091.
On Wed, Sep 9/18/13 @ 10:11a,
ffullisade
votes
Nachomamma8
in post 6093.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #6101 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:36 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 6099, ffullisade wrote:Why do you think Peregrine is not town? And why do you think I am town?
Peregrine would be not-town if there aren't uneven scumteams simply because Mara's became strong town for the last bit and mollie has been consistently town the entire game. Then, swapping out Majiffy for you in the hydra (which was before Xenologue), your contributions when you came into the game... there's no way I could convince myself that you are scum at this point, and I don't think that mollie could last this long in a scumgame, considering this has been months and months and months; there would be one point in the game where she just killed me and was done with it.
In post 6099, ffullisade wrote:If the red/blue balance is not in numbers, what does make it balanced and where is the evidence for that?
Power roles. We've seen a ninja (which is only good against the Watcher) and two goons for blue, with a tracker and a doctor for red (both of which are better than a ninja). Even if the other two reds are goons, I don't really see what exactly the last power role for blue that would make it somehow balanced. There's no cop in the game, so godfather is impossible, strongman is too strong, roleblocker is good but roleblocker+ninja have no synergy and make for a pretty shitty scumteam versus tracker+doctor... So I assume the reds look something like doctor+roleblocker+tracker and the blues look something like goon+goon+ninja+weak PR/goon.

<<< Removed a quote that did not belong in this game. >>>
Last edited by mastin2 on Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #6102 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:37 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

erm, no idea how the top quote got in there.

<<< It's okay, I caught it and have removed it. >>>
Last edited by mastin2 on Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

ffullisade
ffullisade
Goon
ffullisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6103 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:55 am

Post by ffullisade »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 6099, ffullisade wrote:Why do you think Peregrine is not town? And why do you think I am town?
Peregrine would be not-town if there aren't uneven scumteams simply because Mara's became strong town for the last bit and mollie has been consistently town the entire game. Then, swapping out Majiffy for you in the hydra (which was before Xenologue), your contributions when you came into the game... there's no way I could convince myself that you are scum at this point, and I don't think that mollie could last this long in a scumgame, considering this has been months and months and months; there would be one point in the game where she just killed me and was done with it.
I don't think you've given my scum-mollie model any reason to kill you.

You found CTD by putting your read aside and looking at the set up. I feel like you should be reconsidering everybody now, including us. The remaining players haven't been lynched before now because a majority (or plurality on some days) of then living players thought we were all less scummy than whoever got lynched.
In post 6099, ffullisade wrote:If the red/blue balance is not in numbers, what does make it balanced and where is the evidence for that?
Power roles. We've seen a ninja (which is only good against the Watcher) and two goons for blue, with a tracker and a doctor for red (both of which are better than a ninja). Even if the other two reds are goons, I don't really see what exactly the last power role for blue that would make it somehow balanced. There's no cop in the game, so godfather is impossible, strongman is too strong, roleblocker is good but roleblocker+ninja have no synergy and make for a pretty shitty scumteam versus tracker+doctor... So I assume the reds look something like doctor+roleblocker+tracker and the blues look something like goon+goon+ninja+weak PR/goon.
We feel like PA has been fishing really hard for a scum roleblocker today.

There was a town rolecop.
In post 2802, EddieFenix wrote:
In post 2796, Bacde wrote:the problem w/ this game is that nacho, thor, and nero are all scum and we have players like desp who are awesome scapegoats to the whole shenanigans

plus players like thezmon and eddiefenix are perfect sidelining scum who won't let any of the needed lynches through, and their play is making the actual unsure townies even more unsure and less willing to string up the obvious big name scum that are in this game
Cute how you try to paint me as scum when you've been tunneling to China on Nacho. I can see the other 2 (thor and Nero) being potential scum that I'll have to wrestle between to figure out WHO I exactly want to look at along with Desperado and YOU (because, I don't trust you for nothing). Now...

Vote OverSoul

After his early gambit and him trying to get somewhere with this new one, I'm really uneasy on him.
I've looked at that post over and over again trying to find a crumb.

<<< Quote tag fixed. >>>
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #6104 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:40 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 6103, ffullisade wrote:reconsidering everybody now, including us.
No.
In post 6103, ffullisade wrote:There was a town rolecop.
Hence why I don't think scum rolecop is an option; scum functions with pretty much the same purpose.
In post 6103, ffullisade wrote:I've looked at that post over and over again trying to find a crumb.
I glanced, but I didn't find anything so tossed that aside.

ffullisade
ffullisade
Goon
ffullisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6105 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:41 pm

Post by ffullisade »

Unvote

AK was at 2 votes for long enough for two reds to hammer them.

Unless one red vote was already on her.

One red or two.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #6106 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I mean, if mollie wants to come talk to me that would be great, but otherwise...

Pedit: Reds have no reason to quickhammer when they will be shot by a remaining blue when they do so.

ffullisade
ffullisade
Goon
ffullisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6107 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:45 pm

Post by ffullisade »

If there are two, they might not want to risk exposing more than one today.

Haven't seen mollie today. You're stuck with me.
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #6108 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:20 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

I changed my mind

I'm staying, but as Mara. Mala doesn't these kinds of attacks that she has been having, and it would be pretty shitty to have someone else inherit this slot
Show

Cabd: trolling mara is everyone's TRUE wincon

We the purple Mafia II!

Pre-in's:2/9
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #6109 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:24 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Do you want to vote penguin or Bulbazak with me?

Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #6110 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:28 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

No
Show

We the purple Mafia II!

Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #6111 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:28 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

Not right now at least
Show

We the purple Mafia II!

penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6112 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:36 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Nacho's red roleblocker theory makes sense, and it could be balanced with two of the red scum in the neighborhoods and thus vulnerable to being outed/caught. It certainly explains why scum didn't block the vig kill when they thought it was going on CTD but did when it was clear that ThAd might shoot elsewhere the next night/shoot without discussing with with his neighbor.

Nacho, do you seriously think I'm scum with Bulbazak? Or scum at all, for that matter?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #6113 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:41 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Hell no I don't think you're scum with Bulbazak. At the moment, I think you're scum opposite Bulbazak.

ffullisade
ffullisade
Goon
ffullisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6114 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:47 pm

Post by ffullisade »

^^ I at least agree with that.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6115 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:59 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

...yeah, I'd have shot him by now. And if he truly thought I was scum he'd have shot me trying to cross-kill; as it stands he's probably trying to get me mislynched, given what a great late-game target I tend to make.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #6116 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:00 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

What do you mean?

penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6117 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:21 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Bottom line, I'm quite convinced he's red scum. I do not buy that KK jailkept him, especially since the arguments for that have ranged from KK town-reading him to KK scum-reading him. If I were blue scum, I'd want him out of the way over, say, Baezu and ThAd from two nights ago. And if I were red scum, my bussing Seanald was not only utterly out of character but also completely bone-headed, irrelevant as that is to the Bulbazak issue. Actually, if I were one of two blue scum with CTD, why would I want town to start lynching in the neighborhoods at all, opening the door to CTD being lynched? I, quite frankly, suck as a lone scum team survivor. Yes, it's a self-serving argument; doesn't mean it's not true.

I suppose there's a minute chance he's blue scum who thinks he has a fall gal in me. More likely he's red scum, in which case he and his team should have NK'd me if they truly thought I was the last blue scum standing.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #6118 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:23 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Why aren't you voting me?

penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6119 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:39 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Because I now think that you're right about red scum having at least three PRs including a roleblocker; it's the only way all the vigging shenanigans make sense, and it really makes sense that they'd be disadvantaged by putting at least some of their PRs in neighborhoods and/or putting multiple members in neighborhoods. Which makes red scum Bulbazak and PV by my figuring. You, I'm not sure. Thing is, I would think scum-you would have gotten me mislynched quite handily after I replaced in for Baby Spice. Maybe not Day One, but why not divert onto me over thez on Day Two if you were blue scum? And if you were red scum, why rally support for my Seanald suspicions. I suppose you could be blue scum, but I'm hesitant after helping mislynch HD yesterday to think that I have a bead on blue scum.
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #6120 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:06 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

VOTE: nacho
VOTE: nacho
VOTE: Nacho
Show

We the purple Mafia II!

Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #6121 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:07 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

In post 6105, ffullisade wrote:One red or two.
Explain this.

you and nacho were the only ones voting our slot
Show

We the purple Mafia II!

Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6122 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:10 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 6074, ffullisade wrote:
I'm acting different than DP which at the time I knew who was scum. Here I have not a clue who the scum are because I'm town.
I'll need more than DP to have a clue what you're talking about.
Ffery, I find it hard to believe you've forgotten Donner Party already.
In post 6096, Nachomamma8 wrote:I don't think Peregrine is town.
Ok, so you must think he's blue scum if you're going with uneven scumteams and a powerful red team. Is that the case, or are you just keeping your options open?
In post 6099, ffullisade wrote: You basically caught CTD and convinced me you were right with a symmetry argument.
Excuse me? I caught CTD and had to convince Nacho to lynch his scummy butt.

In post 6106, Nachomamma8 wrote: Pedit: Reds have no reason to quickhammer when they will be shot by a remaining blue when they do so.
I thought you were going with uneven scumteams and red having a roleblocker. Wouldn't red just block the other team then?
In post 6112, penguin_alien wrote:Nacho's red roleblocker theory makes sense, and it could be balanced with two of the red scum in the neighborhoods and thus vulnerable to being outed/caught. It certainly explains why scum didn't block the vig kill when they thought it was going on CTD but did when it was clear that ThAd might shoot elsewhere the next night/shoot without discussing with with his neighbor.
It could be balanced by 2 red scum in the neighborhoods? I thought you were sheeping Nacho's theory that the red team was the more powerful team, with only 3 members, all PRs. How does putting 2 of the red in the neighborhoods balance things out, especially if you're pairing one of them (the roleblocker according to you) with the vig!? Seriously, this doesn't make sense at all! It's like you saw someone else put forward a theory that could possibly save your butt and make you look town, and you thought "Hey, I can get behind that. In fact, let me add to the insanity by spouting off nonsense.". It's like you want people to know you're scum.

Okay, I've actually been going back and forth with myself over whether I should continue reading through ISOs or whether I should just use the information that's been given in the thread recently. However, it just seems that scum are getting desperate and are shooting off their mouths, giving themselves away. In fact, so much has been said the past few days, that I have more than enough to go off of. Here's how it stands:

PV: Conf. Town. Any attempt to say otherwise is merely scum trying to set up lynches. It makes no sense whatsoever that he'd be scum, as his placement in the neighborhoods would give either team too much power. PA and Nacho have both tried casting suspicion on him today, and I think they revealed their hand because of it.

Ffullisade: Town due to PoE. I'm still nervous about her, especially after what Ffery did to me in Achievement Unlocked, but I can't see her being scum with Marangal. Also, her confusion and paranoia look real.

Marangal: Red scum. An ISO readthrough actually helped here. She's been buddying up to players since the beginning of the game, especially on the B&B/Ffullisade slot. In fact, that's the only reason why she had a Cephrir scumread: B&B had one. She puts both of her partners on her scumlist, yet when it comes time to push them and wagon them
she refuses to
! Seriously, there was a Seanald wagon on d3, and she refused to get on it. She's been like that on wagons since, she absolutely refuses to get on wagons, normally calling them wagons on town. In fact, she's acquiesced so much in this game, most notably with Nero. I mean, who says "Yes, everything he's saying about how scummy I am is right.". It's like she wants people to see how compliant she is and not vote her. That's been her play: To do everything she can not to get lynched. AtE? Check. Say you're being framed? Check. Ask to replace out out of frustration? Check and double check. Seriously, on that last one, it's like she said "They read me as town last time I tried this. Let's try it again." She's been flailing a lot the past few game days and has been throwing out unsubstantiated claims and "revelations", all while refusing to elaborate on them when asked. She's in pure survival mode, and doesn't care a bit about scumhunting. And for those who are saying that Mala and Mara would have to be playing the best scum game of their lives, Mala convinced me that she was town in Donner Party, when she was really mafia. I only was able to figure it out the final night via PoE.

Nacho: Red scum. If he hadn't have said anything, I might not have caught him, as his ISO still comes across as so town. But then he comes back from V/LA and the first thing he does is...role the dice to see who to vote in Lylo? Then he states that we have uneven scumteams of 4 blue and 3 red, and that red is the most powerful with all members being PRs. Okay...where did he get this from? Then he says that PV could still be scum, because giving one team access to a vig is not unbalanced at all. After all, you have to keep that PV option open. Then he says that Ninja + Roleblocker is not as powerful as Doctor + Tracker. Why not? One side has an investigative immune role and a blocking role, while the other has a protective role and an investigative role. Not to mention that the blocking role can interfere with the protective and the investigative role AND the NK. So why is that combination less powerful? Then he states that blue can just kill red tonight, when he has just gotten done saying that red has a roleblocker. How does that work? Couldn't the red just block the blue and control the tempo of the game? Why have you forgotten this? This should be a major consideration in your theory. You can't have "There is a very small, very powerful red team." and "Well, blue can just kill the red tonight if we miss." In a game this small, chances are that red will be able to successfully block the blue kill. Then he says that PA and I are scum, but are on opposite teams. But didn't you just say earlier that PV was scum? What happened to that? Again, you can't have it both ways. Seriously, this theory has enough holes in it for it to qualify as a Swiss dairy product. This theory only serves as a way to distract everybody from Nacho's team and allow them to walk away with the win.

PA: Blue scum. I'll have to admit, BS bussing Red Ryu was brilliant. It's too bad that PA dropped all that when she replaced in. BS's attack on Nacho also shows that they can't be on the same team. The attack is still as bad as I remember it when reading back over the ISO (Nacho is scum, because Bacde said he was bussing.), and the qualifying every single rebuttal by Nacho as a lie, even when it's obviously not, still pings like crazy. Again, that kind of argumentation, discrediting everything as a lie instead of addressing it, is a quick and dirty form of mudslinging whose only purpose is to quickly push a lynch without anyone noticing how bad the case is. And then we have PA's soft defense of Thez, which still holds up on a readthrough. She says that she couldn't believe that Thez would do something like that, based off of a recent game, but shouldn't she have considered that he was fakeclaiming
because
of that game? All that post of hers does is softly defend him and give him a possible out, while trying to shift attention back to Bacde. Then you have the way she's posted during this day phase. She comes in immediately and takes charge, as if to say "Hey, I'm active. I can't possibly be scum. Don't mind me. Give me towncred.". Then all of her pushes today have been less about making cases based on actions, but rather about "Well, there's a possibility that Bulb could have been protected rather than JK'd, so we should lynch because of it.". Again, if that was secondary evidence in a larger case, I wouldn't mind, but she's pushing the lynch based
only
on an unconfirmed night action. Then she sheeps Nacho's theory at a moment's notice. She doesn't question it. She blindly accepts it and tries to use it to open up the possibility of a PV lynch. She asked about why she would be pushing a mislynch, and that bothered me for awhile, because with everything going on, I was wondering if I had misread everything. But then I realized that it's not about whether it's a mislynch or not. Like Mara, PA is in pure survival mode, and she doesn't care who gets lynched, as long as it's not her.

Vote Nachomamma8

Nacho-scum today, and then whichever scum is left tomorrow.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6123 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:17 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

VOTE: Bulbazak

If you don't think red has the roleblocker, you say blue has the roleblocker. Why wouldn't blue have blocked ThAd when he was saying he would shoot CTD?

Could be three red scum to four blue. Either way I think you're red scum; we can sort out if you had a buddy afterwards.
macmollie
macmollie
Goon
macmollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6124 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:20 pm

Post by macmollie »

UNVOTE: nacho

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”