Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:24 pm

Post by Amb »

I do not want a counter claim. A counter claim would be inherently bad. It should be sufficient for you to know that what DoS said is plausible.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:31 pm

Post by Glork »

I'm not saying that it isn't plausable. I just want to hear what else he has to say.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Omega
Omega
Townie
Omega
Townie
Townie

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:37 pm

Post by Omega »

God damn double shifts, I haven't had a chance to read anything for the last couple of days.

unvote

Only partially for the claim, in truth, the stuff I said wasn't very strong, and I liked the responses for the most part.
pete d
pete d
Goon
pete d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:53 pm

Post by pete d »

my unvote pretty much implies that i think his claim is ok, enough at least for me to unvote and have some more discussion / weigh up whether to revote him or vote someone else. sorry for the confusion.
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:45 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

No I don't have a name... It just says customer and town aligned
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:01 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Vote Count!

DragonsofSummer- 4 (Frozen Atlantic, DeanWinchester, Glork, Stalling Champ)

Amb- 2 (yellowbounder, DragonsofSummer)
Frozen Atlantic- 1 (The Central Scrutinizer)
pete d- 1 (Zarvok)

7 to lynch.

Ba ba ba ba ba...I'm lynchin' it
Blank.
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:05 am

Post by yellowbounder »

I'm posting.
Worship me.

Glork wrote:
Frozen Atlantic wrote:Seriously, town.
Stop letting this dude think for you.
It's embarrassing.
Why is Glork quoting this? Is he putting it in context? :shock:
DragonsofSummer wrote:*Sigh* well at least you have a power role to claim... being a normal townie sucks in these situations.
DragonsofSummer wrote:
pete d wrote:a flavor might help?
I didn't really even have one. It just said that I was a scared customer.
Vanilla townie is a bad thing to claim you could argue, since it rarely saves you from lynch, and if you survive the wagon, then arugeably scum will not pick you for a random night kill, in order to increase the likelyhood of hitting a power role.

Scum also tend to claim townie, since there is no legitimate counterclaim, (unless the game is open, the number of vanillas are known, and that number have already claimed, or something like that), but that doesn't automatically make DoS scum, it just raises an eyebrow on my part.

Let's look, like Amb has done for himself, at what happens if we lynch DoS.

If DoS is town (assuming he is telling the truth, since if he is town, why would he lie?*), then we shouldn't lynch him,since we kill a townie, decreasing the town, and increasing the chance of a power role being hit by a random nightkill. **

Although I am suspisious of anyone making a townie claim, for my above mentioned reasons, DoS seems fairly protown ish to me.

If some one disagrees, then my all means quote the suspicious posts
in context
. Nothing sucks more than your posts being taken out of context.

* If he had some sort of you-claim-you-lose power role, or some sort of thing, like a cop who doesn't want to be nightkilled, then possibly he could be lying. But I'm discounting this.

** Amb may have claimed, so if he isn't scum, doctors are generally targeted. Or he could be purposefully not targetted by scum, which causes us to lynch him since the scum didn't kill him. ***

*** Yes, this is WIFOM. That's why I didn't mention it directly.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:19 am

Post by Glork »

DragonsofSummer wrote:No I don't have a name... It just says customer and town aligned
Are you sure?

Amb, do you have a name?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:50 am

Post by DeanWinchester »

Hmmm...... DoS flavor claim is too vague, Very scumie.

The mafia choosing not to kill amb is somwhat scary for the town, but it's moot to talk about it untill night has run it's course.
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:11 am

Post by yellowbounder »

Glork wrote: Amb, do you have a name?
Flavour speculation: Well, since people in McDonalds don't have name tags, then people in McDonald's mafia wouldn't have names! Or not, as the case may be!

[/pointless speculation about theme]
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:19 am

@Glork: Yes I am sure.

@Yellowbounder: I know that claiming vanilla townie will not get me off of a lynch like claiming a power role can, but at the same time as a townie I don't want to claim a power role and have someone counter-claim to prove I'm lying making me look even more scummy.

@Deanwinchester: I can't claim more flavor without being given it. I can't quote the role pm and as such put down in my own words what it stated.
-Tyler Durden
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:31 am

Post by Amb »

The mafia choosing not to kill amb is somwhat scary for the town, but it's moot to talk about it untill night has run it's course.
Its only scary for me. I am aware that if I survive, I will need to be lynched. It won't stop me complaining about it etc.

The only thing I can tell you is that what DragonsOfSummer is saying about his role makes a lot of sense to me. He might not be saying much, but what he is saying makes me conclude he is telling the truth.

I am reluctant to give too much info before we get anywhere near a lynch. We may yet get a third claim today for one reason. My bandwagon AND DragonsOfSummer's bandwagons should both fall apart. And that means someone else will be under pressure of claiming. If we spell out every detail of what a town/power townie claim might look like then we hand the mafia the chance to lie more convincingly. This of course will become a moot point after the first town death, but we don't have that yet, so lets keep it that way as much as we can. Its not an ace of trumps play, but even the two of clubs can take a trick now and then.
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:14 am

Post by DeanWinchester »

Amb wrote:
The only thing I can tell you is that what DragonsOfSummer is saying about his role makes a lot of sense to me. He might not be saying much, but what he is saying makes me conclude he is telling the truth.

I am reluctant to give too much info before we get anywhere near a lynch. We may yet get a third claim today for one reason. My bandwagon AND DragonsOfSummer's bandwagons should both fall apart. And that means someone else will be under pressure of claiming.
The ... and his bandwagon should fall apart.... makes me sooo weary of your claim, but that will work it's self. I am sure that DoS should get lynched today.
StallingChamp
StallingChamp
Goon
StallingChamp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:16 am

Post by StallingChamp »

DragonsofSummer wrote:No I don't have a name... It just says customer and town aligned
Is the context "you are Customer, a vanilla townie" or "you are a regular customer with no powers"?
Show
[color=red][b][i]GO SENS GO[/b][/i][/color]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5295]Mini 441[/url] - Night 2

High School Mafia coming soon to a Mini Theme Queue near you!
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:41 am

The context is you are a customer and your only power is to vote.
-Tyler Durden
Pink Princess
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Bloodthirsty Babe

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:10 pm

Post by Pink Princess »

Wow. Much has happened since my last post. A few things caught my eye and need to be clarified for me.

To Dean:
I am curious why you think DoS is so scummy. You've been saying he's very suspicious, very scummy, but you have failed to say
why
in any post (unless you count the claim being too vague part). Enlighten me.
Dean, sort of quoting Amb wrote:The ... and his bandwagon should fall apart.... makes me sooo weary of your claim.
I'm also curious why you are so wary of Amb's claim. I read the part you quoted but I can't connect it to a solid reason that it would cast doubt on Amb's claim. Amb may or may not be what he claims to be, I get that, I can't connect that with the statement you quoted as being a doubt caster. Clarify?

Dean is catching my attention.

To DoS:
I notice your vote is still on pete. After all of this posting and activity, do you still think pete d is scum? If so, why? If not, why not?

DoS's claim sounds plausible to me. I don't think that clears him, though. Come on. It's a
vanilla
claim. Based on his play, though, I'm not convinced enough to join his wagon. I kind of understand the omgus reaction, and I think that's pretty much the basis of the wagon here. Great protown strategy? No. Lynchable offense? Not sure.

To Glork:
I'm interested in your reasoning for being on the wagon. Could you give me your thoughts on why you think DoS is the play for the day, preferably in list format?
(I like to hear Glork's thoughts. When protown, he's an awesome resource. Get over it.)

That's all for now. I'll be back later tonight. :wink:
Pink Princess
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Bloodthirsty Babe

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:13 pm

Post by Pink Princess »

Um, how the heck did a wink get in the bottom of my post?

Just pretend the wink isn't there. It looks like I'm trying to say I'm coming back tonight for something wink-worthy. Yikes.
StallingChamp
StallingChamp
Goon
StallingChamp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:28 pm

Post by StallingChamp »

DragonsofSummer wrote:The context is you are a customer and your only power is to vote.
Confirm vote: DoS
. This vote will not be moving today, short of any scum coming out. and saying "I'm scum".
Show
[color=red][b][i]GO SENS GO[/b][/i][/color]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5295]Mini 441[/url] - Night 2

High School Mafia coming soon to a Mini Theme Queue near you!
Pink Princess
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Bloodthirsty Babe

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:33 pm

Post by Pink Princess »

Me again. Also, I didn't mean the "get over it" to be unkind. I hate rude players and shudder to think I'd ever be one.
The "get over it" should be read as: Analyzing and responding to the logical deductions of another player (conveniently in list form) is good stuff. If you don't like it, too bad. But too bad in a nice way, of course.

Back to washing dishes now.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:35 pm

Post by Glork »

;)

My initial suspicion of DoS was pretty much based on the timing and reasoning for his Pete D vote.
His responses weren't very satisfying; he basically reiterated that he was voting because he agreed with the evidence provided by other players.
His OMGUS wagon vote of Amb was just as bad as Amb's "I don't want to be lynched, so I'll join the next biggest wagon" vote. Both plays were selfish and incredibly stupid. It's not as though a lynch was going to be determined in the first ~5 pages of the game, so I don't see why they were getting so fussy about having a large wagon on them at that stage.
I still have my vote on DoS because, quite simply... I have a name. I have the name of a real-life (and reasonably well-known) person. I'm not vanilla (and if you look back through my posts, you'll see some serious hint-dropping; I've already pseudo-claimed). I find his "I don't have a name" comment somewhat suspicious. Apparently I am in the minority, though. Maybe just 'nilla townies have no names. It is also distinctly possible that I am the
only
person who has a name; I can guarantee that I am completely unique in at least noe major role attribute.

I don't know what to make of any of this right now.
Unvote

I want FrAt to explain this comment:
FrAt wrote:I believe the doc claim. DoS is the lynch for today. So far, PP and Omega are the only people striking me as 100% town.
PP is someone I could potentially see as scum (she's clung the most to this "let's listen to/follow Glork" notion), and I don't have a read on Omega either way at this point.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:36 pm

Post by Glork »

Bah, missed the last two posts of the thead. Thinking on SC's post now.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Pink Princess
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Bloodthirsty Babe

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:57 pm

Post by Pink Princess »

DoS wrote:The context is you are a customer and your only power is to vote.
Does your role pm contain the above? (not asking you to quote it, just asking for some clarification)

I'm processing Glork's post. Especially the wink.
Glork wrote:PP is someone I could potentially see as scum (she's clung the most to this "let's listen to/follow Glork" notion)
This really surprises me. I've been quite uneasy with the massive following trends in this game, and mentioned as much several times. I also haven't followed you yet. I do like to hear what you're thinking and respond to it, but I'm not sure I'm seeing the following/listening to part you've connected me with - especially when you say I'm the most guilty of it.
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:17 pm

Yes it contains both of those as well as saying town aligned.
-Tyler Durden
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:39 pm

Post by Glork »

It's not so much that you're
following
me in an "I'm going to say/vote/do what Glork says/votes/does," but it's more the fact that you keep pushing how valuable a resource I am, how much you
care
about my opinion , etc. I appreciate it, although I'm definitely starting to get that buddy-up feeling. At first I ignored it, pretty much thinking, "Oh, well PP just likes me." Now I'm beginning to consider the possibility that it's more of a game-related sentiment.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:43 pm

Post by Amb »

I heard PP found a photo on the internet of a hot guy and it was named glork.jpg and she thinks you are him and she is going to listen as long as she can in the hopes of ensnaring you in her hot pink arms (read tentacles if she isnt town) and soft squishy princess bits (read mandibles of doom if she isnt town).

Just so you know...

PS: Please ignore the precepts of LAL

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”