Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:06 am

Post by Ether »

Aiyah. I have a bunch to rewrite by Monday that's been rewritten before and still isn't complete and may well never be adequate and gah, but then there's testing next week and I probably won't be getting anything additional for a bit.

Déjà vu? I disagree with Thesp's specific attack on Patrick, but I don't actually find that scummy with Thesp. It just reminds me of the false dilemma attacks he used in Newbie 289 and then No Pressure. The rabid pursuit and the call for a fast lynch yesterday...same. Not everything, but enough of it is either in-character or something I'm too empathetic with to bother him over.

Mgm is more scum than Thesp but less scum than Nightfall. Channel's somewhere up there if Nightfall and Mgm really can't provide leads, yeah, whatever. (Speaking of leads, Adele is meh; could somebody resummarize the Adele/Mgm connection?)
Post 195, Nightfall wrote:
unvote, Vote: Ether
for as mentioned a few posts above, she seems a little too attached to Andrew with an aparant view that he cant really do wrong.
Post 202, Glork wrote:Scum will staunchly defend townies at time to make themselves look good. In fact, if Ether turns up scum, at this point, I'd be more inclined to believe that AndrewS is pro-town.
Post 595, Nightfall (on Glork's 202) wrote:-Says that by his experience scum are less likely to defend partners as opposed to townies.
This I agree with and will admit that up until he posted it I hadn’t really given it a great deal of thought. It made me more thoughtful of why Ether would appear to be defending Andrew.
Not only were Nightfall's attacks on me stretchy, they were stretchy
from other people
. I don't see much in his PBPs, particularly the one on me. (Um, was I the only person expecting the EtherPBP to be his focus? He
was
voting me yesterday; I was disappointed there. The response to Glork was the only part I felt was relevant against me. Incidentally, I believe that Nightfall displayed a double-standard between my defense of Andrew and Patrick's. (Granted, IH's "few posts above" didn't mention Patrick, either.) Hmm, I'll have to look into that. Oh, and Nightfall might want to add a belated comment, too. Anyway, this paragraph is getting long. Let's just kill him.
vote: Nightfall
)
Nightfall wrote:In contrast to my more recent posts, I must say that I am now finding Glork and Fritz less likely to be scum. With that being said, I don't entire agree with their views.
(Er...what
are
your views? I was typing this before you posted that, and don't really mind 699 in particular, but...I'm not entirely clear on who you're looking at.)

What points against me are we still interested in?

You may now stop reading. I don't find Nightfall's meBP to bring my alignment into play. That said, it's nitpicking time.
Nightfall wrote:
Ether appears to believe that Andrew's own claim that scum would not promote a no lynch of being enough to show that he is not scum. Why is she so eager to take Andrew's word and lash out against those that believe otherwise? She also doesn't appear to clearly understand the idea of WIFOM.
My WIFOM != your WIFOM. Andrew said, "I wouldn't
really
try for a no-lynch." Andrew did
not
explicitly say "I wouldn't do this if I were scum" until
after
he gathered the votes I so disliked. If I am mistaken, please provide a quote and a post number and I'll give a shameful apology.
Nightfall wrote:
Again results to personal attacks
(I'm very, very embarrassed about that and I'm not sure what came over me. Please don't bring this up again unless it is part of a case. Please?)
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:28 pm

Post by Glork »

Nightfall wrote:One last thing, Glork, how do you stand in regards to CES, Pat, Zind, and Lee?
MBL seems pretty pro-town to me. Zindie and Patrick are pretty neutral (though I plan on going back and examining Patrick before too long). CES seems reasonably pro-town to me also.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:56 pm

Post by Mgm »

Ether wrote:Mgm is more scum than Thesp but less scum than Nightfall. Channel's somewhere up there if Nightfall and Mgm really can't provide leads, yeah, whatever. (Speaking of leads, Adele is meh; could somebody resummarize the Adele/Mgm connection?)
Some people think we're connected, because Adele and I agree on a lot of things.
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:58 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Glrok, hop on the wagon! If, for some reason, he comes up town, you'll have lots of juicy info on Mgm and Adele. It's win-win.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:33 am

Post by Glork »

Right now, I don't plan on moving to Thesp unless we get another deadline and we need a lynch on somebody.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:35 am

Mod
, deadline please.

MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:09 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Ether, can you please go into depth about your opinions of Thesp? You say you don't find his false dilemma attacks scummy. And that you're empathetic with his singleminded D1 play for some reason? What seems genuinely protown about Thesp to you thus far?

Also, please elaborate on how/why Adele is "meh".

As for Nightfall, do you really see his significant efforts as scummy? I see sincerity of suspicion and uncertainty.

Also, can we have your opinions on the rest of the players?

CDB: What's your take on Adele and MGM?

CES: You do realize your behavior today is identical to the D1 behavior of Thesp, the guy you're trying to get lynched. Why shouldn't we be voting for you instead?
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:08 am

MrBuddyLee wrote:CES: You do realize your behavior today is identical to the D1 behavior of Thesp, the guy you're trying to get lynched. Why shouldn't we be voting for you instead?
If the premise here were true, which it is not, as our behaviours differ significantly, then the difference would be that he was wrong and I'm right (probably).

Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:29 am

Post by Patrick »

I don't believe in a Thesp/Adele/Mgm scumgroup anymore.

Adele and Mgm - can you summarise all your reasons for voting Thesp for me?
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:51 pm

Post by Glork »

I certainly don't think that all three are scum at this point.

I'm obviously leaning towards MGM and/or Adele. I too would like to hear their reasons for voting Thesp.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:12 pm

Post by Thesp »

MrBuddyLee wrote:Thesp, can you please elaborate on your four "suspicions" for day one, how you arrived at them so easily, and why you picked just one to stick with so completely and drive home to lynch? Were your other suspicions genuine, and if so, why?
This is a fairly substantial project you're asking for. Let's provide an abstract to work from in its stead. I end to find suspicions easily on D1, because the bar for suspicion is much lower, and you have basic hunches & tells to work from and to use to elicit reactions to help judge how people act in relation to each other. My other suspicions (of ChannelDelibird and MrBuddyLee) were indeed genuine (and still held to varying extents). I pursued AndrewS doggedly because I was certain he was scum. I was clearly wrong.
ChannelDelibird wrote:If I had reacted to your continuous claims that I was scum, my reaction would have been along the lines of "WTF? You're accusing me for no reason". Your 'accusations' looked to me like scum trying to deliberately incite a defensive reaction, so I was pretty sure that if I did react, you'd have pounced on it.
Why would the only possible reaction be defensive, as you seem to imply here? What was it about my "accusations" that made them appear to be scum trying to incite reactions rather than town trying to get reactions?
ChannelDelibird wrote:Yeah, well, excuse me for dismissing this as vague unsubstantiated scumposting.
I understad you dismissing my thoughts (though I disagree with you, obv), I do object to the characterization here.
ChannelDelibird, emphasis original wrote:They're not jumping on it because
you
were
pushing it, with gusto. That's scummier, IMO.
Why are scum more likely to be adamant and vocal? My experience has been the
opposite
, particularly because scum know the particular wagon-victim is town, want to push it along, but don't want to be associated too strongly with it. Your behavior D1 is consistent with this.
ChannelDelibird wrote:No, but it makes it weird that you're singling me out.
Who else was silent on Day 1? Please jumpstart my potentially-faulty memory and help us identify others who were doing as such, so we can question them as well. Otherwise, I would have presume this statement is taking an unsubstantiated cheap shot at me.
Mgm wrote:Thesp is suspicious, there's no better reason to join a wagon. My vote on you wasn't going anywhere, so I had to switch. Voting Ether would be kind of pointless. If he's away, he's not going to defend himself and I dislike lynching non-responsive people unless I'm very sure they're scum.

Voting Thesp was the only logical thing for me to do.
I respectfully disagree on all counts. ;) Why didn't you ask for Ethere's prod/replacement, rather than just concede, "oh well, he's not going to respond anyway, I'm fine with no information", as it seems you've done?
Nightfall wrote:Then were the votes that were made on Mgm because of his confusion seen as "scummy" to you?
I intended to answer this question, but it appears I have not. Inherently, no, as I can easily conceive of town as being misguided on that point. (Or conceivably correct on that point, and myself incorrect.)
Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Glrok, hop on the wagon! If, for some reason, he comes up town, you'll have lots of juicy info on Mgm and Adele. It's win-win.
This is a very suspect/dangerous attitude.
FOS: Cogtio Ergo Sum.

Patrick wrote:CES: You do realize your behavior today is identical to the D1 behavior of Thesp, the guy you're trying to get lynched.
I disagree with this assessment.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:54 pm

Post by Patrick »

Thesp wrote:
Patrick actually never wrote:CES: You do realize your behavior today is identical to the D1 behavior of Thesp, the guy you're trying to get lynched.
Still got me on the brain :wink:
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:44 pm

Post by Thesp »

Patrick wrote:
Thesp wrote:
Patrick actually never wrote:CES: You do realize your behavior today is identical to the D1 behavior of Thesp, the guy you're trying to get lynched.
Still got me on the brain :wink:
Whoops. :P
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:46 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Vote Count

Thesp: 5 (ChannelDelibird Cogito Ergo Sum Adele Mgm Zindaras)
Mgm: 3 (Glork Patrick Fritzler)
ChannelDelibird: 1 (Thesp)
Ether: 1 (MrBuddyLee )
Nightfall : 1 (Ether)

Not voting: Nightfall

Looking for 7 votes for a lynch!

I think that we have enough activity at present to make a deadline unnecessary.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:41 pm

Post by Mgm »

I'm voting Theps for the reason I cited in the post in which I placed the vote. If you have any questions about that, feel free to ask, but I'm not going to repeat myself when I could spend my time considering other lines of thought.
Thesp wrote:
Mgm wrote:Thesp is suspicious, there's no better reason to join a wagon. My vote on you wasn't going anywhere, so I had to switch. Voting Ether would be kind of pointless. If he's away, he's not going to defend himself and I dislike lynching non-responsive people unless I'm very sure they're scum.

Voting Thesp was the only logical thing for me to do.
I respectfully disagree on all counts. ;) Why didn't you ask for Ethere's prod/replacement, rather than just concede, "oh well, he's not going to respond anyway, I'm fine with no information", as it seems you've done?
I could be wrong, but I think that at that point the number of votes on you was greater and pushing along an existing bandwagon is considerably more likely to get information/lynch than trying to start a new one.

Patrick:
On the previous page you ask Zindaras why he finds me suspicious while you are actually voting me yourself. If you find me suspicous enough to vote me, wouldn't it be logical for other people to follow suit for the same reason?
Show
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:58 am

Post by Patrick »

MgM wrote:I'm voting Theps for the reason I cited in the post in which I placed the vote. If you have any questions about that, feel free to ask, but I'm not going to repeat myself when I could spend my time considering other lines of thought.
Ok, I was just wondering if there was anything else.
MgM wrote:Patrick: On the previous page you ask Zindaras why he finds me suspicious while you are actually voting me yourself. If you find me suspicous enough to vote me, wouldn't it be logical for other people to follow suit for the same reason?
I still wanted to know what his reasons were. He claimed he had been considering moving to you for a while but then asked someone to explain to him what the case for it was. So I asked what was making him suspicious of you on the first place.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:10 am

Thesp wrote:
Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Glrok, hop on the wagon! If, for some reason, he comes up town, you'll have lots of juicy info on Mgm and Adele. It's win-win.
Although my comment wasn't really serious, I'll ask you to state the problem you have with that type of attitude. After all, hypothetically, if a mislynch were to give us two scums, then the lynch would certainly have been in the town's interest.

Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:35 am

Post by Thesp »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
Thesp wrote:
Although my comment wasn't really serious, I'll ask you to state the problem you have with that type of attitude. After all, hypothetically, if a mislynch were to give us two scums, then the lynch would certainly have been in the town's interest.
You're taking quite a leap to suggest such a mislynch would assure the correct lynch of two scums. The "dangerous attitude" is that it's okay to be wrong about a lynch of an innocent, as it would give some even better reward, all the while failing to demonstrate how said lynch would indeed obtain said reward. You're dangling a carrot that can't be gotten. That's bad.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:01 am

It's not a leap, it's a hypothetical situation. I don't expect it to magically nab us two scums. I was just positing that mislynches could be useful an sich.

I do understand and agree with your point, but I'd say you read my original comment as possessing a seriousness it does not, in fact, possess.

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:25 am

Post by Glork »

I recognize that it's more or less joking, but it sortof feels like you were hoping that I'd take the bait anyway. Even
insinuating
that we should lynch to try to set up two futrure lynches sets off my scumdar pretty hardcore.
FoS: CES
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:51 am

Of course I was sorta hoping you'd take the bait: I want to lynch Thesp 'cause he's scum.

Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:10 am

Post by Zindaras »

In response to the earlier question (did I answer it yet?): My thing on Mgm is mostly a gut feeling.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:16 am

Post by Glork »

Mgm wrote:
Patrick:
On the previous page you ask Zindaras why he finds me suspicious while you are actually voting me yourself. If you find me suspicous enough to vote me, wouldn't it be logical for other people to follow suit for the same reason?
X

Forcing people to give their own opinions is always a good idea, even if you suspect the same person. You could be wrong, or they could be busing their partner.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:22 am

Post by Mgm »

Yes Glork, that's a good point, but he was also asking me and Adele for our reasoning for voting Thesp when I already gave them. My gut was telling me he was asking <s>too many</s> question in an attempt to get someone to elaborate on their reasoning in such a way he could rip it apart.

Admittedly it was just gut feeling, but that's why I gave him a pinky of suspicion.
Show
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:29 am

Post by Patrick »

That's a strange thing to say. Especially when MBL just went and asked about 5 questions to various people. I didn't see you having a problem with that. Not that there is a problem, but accusing me of asking too many questions is strange.

To explain why I've asked you and Adele for all your reasons for voting Thesp, that relates back to what I mentioned before, about being surprised at how you both seemed to jump on the Thespwagon. It looked like an easy hop, so I'm asking to see all the reasons to see if they are legit or whether they've just been quickly whipped together as an excuse to join the largest wagon in the game. As Glork said, it's nearly always a good idea to get people to give their reasons.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”