LoL eSports Discussion

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:27 pm

Post by GreyICE »

SKT1 are a team. Faker is the best midlaner in the world, but even the best midlaner in the world can't win OGN for his team. Everyone on SKT1 is amazing.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:24 pm

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

I'm so glad that Quantic got absolutely stomped in the little GGLA tournament. I don't know about you, but I really hope they don't make it into LCS.
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:22 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 226, Bub Bidderskins wrote:I'm so glad that Quantic got absolutely stomped in the little GGLA tournament. I don't know about you, but I really hope they don't make it into LCS.

I'm so glad they were using level 20 accounts with no rune pages.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:11 pm

In post 227, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 226, Bub Bidderskins wrote:I'm so glad that Quantic got absolutely stomped in the little GGLA tournament. I don't know about you, but I really hope they don't make it into LCS.

I doubt that made much of a difference. Their teamfight mechanics and decision making were simply subpar.
Show

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:29 pm

Post by GreyICE »

It made a fairly large difference, but they definitely had sub par coordination.

Starting down 2 doran's items didn't help anything, no.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:32 pm

Post by Glork »

Uh, that makes a huge difference. Consider ADCs, where one character starts with +13 armor, +7 AD, + 12 MR, and +12 ArPen. When you're talking a level 1 or 2 fight, one team literally has ~15% better stats all around. Quantic couldn't lane the way they would have liked.

And that's not even counting masteries, where not every Quantic member could take a 21st point in a tree, or build deep into two trees.

Take into account this is their first real event together, outside of comfort zones, etc., and it's a very significant difference.

Like, if you're basing anything off of that tournament performance you're probably doing it way wrong.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:34 pm

Post by yessiree »

In post 228, Bub Bidderskins wrote:

I doubt that made much of a difference. Their teamfight mechanics and decision making were simply subpar.
They aced velocity with no death while being down 5k gold. 3 members blinking red; that's a sign of team coordination and superior skill.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:59 pm

Post by JDodge »

In post 231, yessiree wrote:
In post 228, Bub Bidderskins wrote:

They aced velocity with no death while being down 5k gold. 3 members blinking red; that's a sign of team coordination and superior skill.
also a sign of playing velocity

people whining about quantic seem to somehow be under the impression that koreans have some genetic disposition towards playing video games well, its pretty dumb

if they bring the korean regime to the NA scene, it will only strengthen the NA scene exponentially
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:05 pm

Post by Glork »

Agreed, I'm excited to have a foreign infusion in the LCS potentially.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:32 pm

A foreign team potentially representing NA at Worlds is ridiculous. I have no problems with foreign teams competing against NA teams, but I have a serious problem with them being considered NA teams in terms of regional representation. I truly hope they get destroyed in the promotion matches and the NA LCS is actually full of NA teams.
Show

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:36 pm

Post by JDodge »

In post 234, Bub Bidderskins wrote:A foreign team potentially representing NA at Worlds is ridiculous. I have no problems with foreign teams competing against NA teams, but I have a serious problem with them being considered NA teams in terms of regional representation. I truly hope they get destroyed in the promotion matches and the NA LCS is actually full of NA teams.
why?

what are your feelings on other major sports in america using foreign players?
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:39 pm

Post by JDodge »

actually, a better question: do you feel edward should be forced to return to the EU scene?
stream

orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:12 pm

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

In post 235, JDodge wrote:
In post 234, Bub Bidderskins wrote:A foreign team potentially representing NA at Worlds is ridiculous. I have no problems with foreign teams competing against NA teams, but I have a serious problem with them being considered NA teams in terms of regional representation. I truly hope they get destroyed in the promotion matches and the NA LCS is actually full of NA teams.
why?

what are your feelings on other major sports in america using foreign players?
There is I think a difference between using foreign players and consisting solely of foreign players
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:37 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Is it funny I have no issues with this if it stays small?

Like Locodoco and Woong are such a historic part of the NA scene (Locodoco was on TSM and CLG for pete's sake).

If NA had 5 asian teams, I'd have a problem with it.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:14 pm

Post by quadz08 »

I give zero shits about an American LCS team maybe up of solely Korean players. It's good for the NA scene as a whole.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:28 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Well it grows to extremes. Like right now the Starcraft "World Championship" with players from "each region" contains 15 Koreans and NaNiwa. Only one NA player made it into the top 32, despite America having its own league.

That's what people are hoping to avoid. The "North America Top Finalists" being a bunch of Koreans and Scarlett is kinda blah (as awesome as Scarlett is). The NA scene in league has a rich history and some great personalities, and I don't want them edged out by Korean teams with better funding and better organization.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:46 pm

Post by quadz08 »

Fair enough.
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:21 pm

Post by yessiree »

In post 240, GreyICE wrote:Well it grows to extremes. Like right now the Starcraft "World Championship" with players from "each region" contains 15 Koreans and NaNiwa. Only one NA player made it into the top 32, despite America having its own league.

That's what people are hoping to avoid. The "North America Top Finalists" being a bunch of Koreans and Scarlett is kinda blah (as awesome as Scarlett is). The NA scene in league has a rich history and some great personalities, and I don't want them edged out by Korean teams with better funding and better organization.
That looks to me like NA needs to step up their game. I think Quantic Gaming is a special case, given that Locodocco had ties with CLG. No other Koreans would go out of their way to play in the NA scene. That's like putting a team with Man United's caliber to Major League Soccer.

There is little benefit for Quantic Gaming, but it will benefit the NA scene as a whole. When NA teams get crushed consistently by this team, the urge to become better will be stronger.
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:34 pm

Post by KageLord »

In post 242, yessiree wrote:
In post 240, GreyICE wrote:Well it grows to extremes. Like right now the Starcraft "World Championship" with players from "each region" contains 15 Koreans and NaNiwa. Only one NA player made it into the top 32, despite America having its own league.

That looks to me like NA needs to step up their game. I think Quantic Gaming is a special case, given that Locodocco had ties with CLG. No other Koreans would go out of their way to play in the NA scene. That's like putting a team with Man United's caliber to Major League Soccer.

There is little benefit for Quantic Gaming, but it will benefit the NA scene as a whole. When NA teams get crushed consistently by this team, the urge to become better will be stronger.
I don't know if there is even a chance of it happening, but potentially the reason a Korean team would do that is if they can't cut it in Korea. So rather than putting Man U in MLS, they are the Jets going to the CFL (no hope of winning a Super Bowl but a very good chance of winning the CFL equivalent). The analogy would be better if there was also some big championship match that only the winners of each football league got to go to.
Show
Manga Version of Mafia... WTF?

Record:

Town: 5W/3L
Mafia: 3W/2L
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:53 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

im not sure the NA scene is bad enough to get dumpstered by the 15th+best Korean team(and I kind of think saying this Quantic team would even be a top 15 Korean team is pretty generous).

so until we get a bunch of 'great, not phenomenal' korean teams coming here we should all chill out. I really don't want NA or EU LCS to become dominated by Korean teams.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:48 pm

Post by mykonian »

holy cow nationalism.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:46 am

Post by PJ. »

I'm not a big fan of allowing any players to play for a region they don't belong to. Cause the way it's set up is essentially like world cup, each region has it's little season and qualifiers and then goes to the world cup. Just as I'm not a fan of guys like Kevin prince Boateng playing for Ghana or all the brazilians who've played for Portugal over the years. I'm not a fan of the EdWard move, or the koreans fielding a team in the NA scene.

The only difference is it's a mix of a pro league and international representation(cause I have no problem with Pau Gasol playing for the lakers but I would flip my shit if he was on the USA team as an example) so I can see where people have no issue with it, but I feel looking at it from a purely competitive stand point and saying it's not good is kinda silly.

Edit: Especially when there is a significant portion of the NA regio that isn't represented(Mexico and the latin countries) and have been looped into the "latin american" region instead of being included in their continent
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:40 am

Post by zoraster »

world cup players are often not of the country you might consider them being "from."
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:51 am

Post by quadz08 »

I look at Worlds as being much more like the Champions League, and much less like the World Cup. They take the best teams from each league, not the best players from each region. *shrug*
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:01 am

In post 236, JDodge wrote:actually, a better question: do you feel edward should be forced to return to the EU scene?
No. An NA team getting a foreign player is one thing. A foreign team representing NA is completely different. David Beckham moving to LA Galaxy is fine. David Beckham bringing his entire Real Madrid squad with him to play in the MLS is not fine. That's why soccer leagues have rules limiting the number of foreign players on a team.
Show

Return to “The Arcade”