Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:02 am

Post by Battle Mage »

well, you werent attacking me. In Mafia, its a rare occassion worth celebrating. :cry:
Raffles wrote:Yay! I got a vote!

BM, not complaining, but any reason?
Tribunal Vote Count

Raffles - 2(Raffles, Battle Mage)
Mastermind of Sin - 1(Zindaras)
Kison - 1(mole)
Cephrir - 1(Cephrir)
Cheesefan - 1(Kison)
Panzerjager - 1(Panzerjager)
Rand Althor - 1(Rand Althor)
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:04 am

Post by Raffles »

:lol: Is it always like this? I didn't know.
Woof!
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:13 am

Post by Battle Mage »

oh yeh lol. Im the easiest target for scum on Day 1, because most noob scum pick up on the fact that i have made a couple bad decisions when i first started playing. Since then, ive spent more time deflecting personal comments than actual arguments relevant to the game. :(
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
~N9V~
~N9V~
Goon
~N9V~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:14 am

Post by ~N9V~ »

They can't execute you now anyways. If they were to read the rules, it would say that they can issue an execution after one week of playing.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:16 am

Post by Battle Mage »

yes, but assuming they are scum, i see no reason why they would change their vote.
So-any ideas of how we can spend the next 6 days? :roll:

~N9V~ wrote:They can't execute you now anyways. If they were to read the rules, it would say that they can issue an execution after one week of playing.
~N9V~
~N9V~
Goon
~N9V~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:19 am

Post by ~N9V~ »

Vote for Tribune: Battle Mage
that's about the only way, if you get tribune. They're just acting idiotic, lynching you for probably no reason. Except for mabey on of them is a cop and looked at you during the night, and found out you were scum. But my vote stays with you for now.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:21 am

Post by Battle Mage »

cheers dude. I highly doubt the reason is cop related, as if a cop had visited me, they would have spotted that i was protown.
Raffles, mind if we switch over?
Unvote, Vote Battle Mage for Tribune
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:39 am

Post by Raffles »

Aren't they just kidding around because they have a week to waste? (I read the first page again, and it was hilarious :lol:)

Do you END UP getting killed on the first day? (Can someone else in this game testify for this? Then I'll strongly consider voting for you.)

Random musing of the post: I just had a thought. If by chance the Consuls are both scums, we are pretty screwed for today, aren't we...
Woof!
~N9V~
~N9V~
Goon
~N9V~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:04 pm

Post by ~N9V~ »

Well if they are, then they won't be tommorow.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:54 pm

Post by PJ. »

I'm claiming because it seems like it is something imprtant for the town to know. And I'm pretty sure that the consuls can only try to execute someone once a day, so I could essential save two of my fellow romans.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:10 pm

Post by AndrewS »

I'll be honest - at this point, I feel that we are fighting against our consuls. This is not a good thing. Rand, I would think it was all a complete joke too - except that I know Battle Mage's history. He IS usually targetted day 1, and many are serious about it. Also, mod, a rule clarification if we could - if the tribune vetos a person, can that person be re-scheduled for execution?
I'll be honest - I'm not feeling BM as tribune. Sure, it may prevent him from being executed, but I feel that we really should vest that power in a stronger player.
Vote for Tribune: Mastermind of Sin
"I hear that random.org punches babies." - Thesp
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:03 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I love how BM thinks Raffles will go with it just because BM voted for him first. And BTW, I'm fairly certain Zindaras was joking. I could be wrong though, I've read a couple of BM's games.
Unvote, Vote Raffles for Tribune
due to a really minor town vibe I'm getting from him. It's more than I can say for anyone else.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:32 pm

Post by Raffles »

Panzerjager, I really don't like your claim.

If you are scum then convincing people with a power role like that on the first day is a clever idea. Double voter is clever because unless you exercise that power (which can easily be avoided) or have a cop check up on you, you won't have evidence against you, and it could be infuential in the other game (why it isn't in this case I'll go into later). Plus it doesn't really suit the flavour. (See previous bracket)

If you are a townie, why would you role claim just to be on the tribune
for the first day
? It is at such an early stage of a game too. Also, do you realize that double vetoing means nothing to Consuls? Consuls can lynch who they fancy, vetoes are merely there to try to get the Consuls to re-consider. (If I understand the game mechanics correctly) Plus claiming a power role is dangerous move because you can make yourself a target for the NK.

Clarify your thinking for me. Meanwhile
IGMEOY: Panzerjager
Woof!
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:34 pm

Post by Raffles »

EBWOP: "Plus it doesn't really suit the flavour" - thinking about it, it's more game mechanics than the flavour.
Woof!
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:58 pm

Post by PJ. »

My thinking could be flawed as I said I wasn't sure if it was smart to do. I figured my ability would be very helpful to the town and not quite meaningful enough to the scum to really care, so I was assuming night kill would be a null point. My thinking was I'd be most effective with my role in the tribune spot and being not as prolific of a player as BM(excuse the joke) I figured claiming would be the best way to see that tribune chair. Again, probably not the brightest move.
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:08 pm

Post by AndrewS »

Actually, Panzer, this provides us a reason that you
shouldn't
be tribune. If you already have 2 vetoes, giving you a 3rd is vesting too much veto power into a single individual. We want those vetoes spread out.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:12 pm

Post by PJ. »

No, I only get 2 vetos if I am tribune. I get 0 if I am not tribune. Would you like me to fully claim and put in as much of my flavor as I possibly can without being modkilled?
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:17 pm

Post by AndrewS »

I don't believe you. That seems
really
odd.
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:21 pm

Post by Raffles »

1. You never said you weren't sure if it was smart to do, but I'll see off that point.

2. I wouldn't say it's a null point, if what you are claiming to be the game mechanics is true, then a double voter can be quite powerful. But we should wait for CES on this.

3. If your game mechanics is true, then you'd be good on the tribune spot. This confuses me in your post because you claim your role would be null. This is assuming "infinite execution on same person in a day" mechanics. However, the fact that you are suggesting you'd be good on the tribune spot is assuming "no execution on same person in a day" mechanics. I feel you are contradicting yourself here.
Woof!
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:28 pm

Post by Primate »

Andrew, it should really go without saying, but you have my word that I will not actually execute anyone unless I find them scummy. I've actually only ever played with BM in one game before, and we both died N1, so I doubt that counts.

vote mastermind of sin
is good though. Until we know better, we should put the most solid players in the most powerful positions. Mos's main fault is that he's not great at getting people to go along with him, so this should help circumvent that.

@Panzer: No. Your king says that would be unecessary. Dropping more role info will not further convince people, and will just aid hannibalscum in coming up with claims. No offence, but the reason I don't want you on the tribune stand is because I don't think you're a particularly good player yet. You'd veto people for the wrong reasons. And you really, really, need to stop this habit of claiming early for bad reasons. I've seen you do it in a few games now, you figure that if you claim a your role, you will get someone to listen to you, be trusted more. All it really does though is tell the mafia who to actually kill, and prompt paranoia in a town. all the things you're trying to gain can also be gained by simply acting like a townie, putting forward your suspicions well, etc.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:35 pm

Post by PJ. »

Sorry, when I said I'm not sure if I can do this, I meant it to imply I thought it might not be the best idea. That part I believed was null was that I would be nightkilled because most scum look for Vigs and Cops, not double vetoers.

I'm not sure on the game mechnics, I'm just figuring that me having double vetos on the tribune would be good.

Why does it seem odd Andrews?
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:38 pm

Post by Raffles »

Mastermind of Sin seems to be everyone's favourite choice. I assume he is a good player (never played with him). But I'd like to see his posts first before voting for him. We still have a week before electing a tribune.
Woof!
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:19 pm

Post by AndrewS »

Primate: Sorry, I hate to be so suspicious, but I was in another game where a similar situation arose, and a player nearly got lynched for absolutely silly reasons. At any rate, my best suggestion is MoS/Mole for Tribune, but I can only vote for one.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:29 pm

Post by Zindaras »

Battle Mage wrote:you both seem pretty eratic in your haste to lynch someone without evidence. You seem to have a close relationship, and certainly are both slightly tipsy on the power.
actually, i will
Unvote, Vote: Raffles for Tribune

BM
We are Consuls. We have to decide together. I think it's funny, personally. You mistake fun for erraticness and scumminess.
~N9V~ wrote:They can't execute you now anyways. If they were to read the rules, it would say that they can issue an execution after one week of playing.
Well, d'oh. I fakexecuted him to see how people would react. I don't do grudges.

I'd also like to echo Raffles's
IGMEOY: Panzerjager
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
TheEyeOfMordor
TheEyeOfMordor
Goon
TheEyeOfMordor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:42 pm

Post by TheEyeOfMordor »

I think I can accept
voting Mastermind of Sin
for Consul.
And of course you should look out for Panzerjager, he was Hannibal last game...
In the name of Mark Lazarus....

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”