DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:54 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

Ebwop: Also there are better ways to get people off of your wagon than voting my wagon. That played into it as well
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
Zarvok
Zarvok
Townie
Zarvok
Townie
Townie

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:28 pm

Post by Zarvok »

Amb wrote:
Zarvok
- Makes a point about not liking the blind follow as well, but doesnt commit to anything. Has only made 4 posts to date, and thus is lurking. Surely this sort of lying low behaviour is just as scummy!
Sorry about the lurking. Busy life and what have you. Also I haven't really seen anything to make me change my vote
Amb wrote:(They are the 8 people who are on or hanging around my Bandwagon like vultures. Do you think I realistically can know which ones are the true problems and which ones arent?)
Well, you have me on lurking, but hanging around your bandwagon like a vulture? I FOSed you instead of voting for you on page 4 explicitly because I didn't think there was enough evidence to warrant a vote. If I thought that changed, I would have voted for you. Indeed, when I saw the evidence against pete d, I did exactly that. The reason I FOSed you, incidentally, was because when someone follows someone else's logic, it's nice to see them restate which parts they agree with and show they've actually given some thought to it. For me, this gives some hints to who is bandwagonning and who is placing reasoned votes.

I still don't see the case aginst you beyond the initial blind follow (and too many people have done that this game for it to be enough evidence). Glork seems to have way too much control here, and now he's jumping around with little justification, and people still seem to be following. I don't really agree with the way Omega reads your posts, but I can see how someone would think that, so it doesn't strike me as a very scummy play. Yellowbounder's vote strikes me as the worst. Yellowbounder: if you think he seems slightly off, tell us which posts are giving you that flavor. I've been lurking too, but at least when I chime in to vote I provide an explanation.

So, I still feel best about keeping my vote on Pete d, I'm more certain he's scum than anyone else for the reasons I listed way back when I voted for him. But
FOS: Yellowbounder and Glork
. I'm leaving the vote on Pete d for now, but I will probably hop to Yellowbounder tomorrow if he doesn't explain himself, even if just to keep the discussion going.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:34 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

Vote Count!
DragonsofSummer -4 (StallingChamp, Frozen Atlantic, DeanWinchester, Amb)
Amb- 4 (Omega, Glork, yellowbounder, DragonsofSummer)

Pete D -1 (Zarvok)
Glork- 1 (blahgo)
DeanWinchester -1 (pete d)

7 to lynch.

Stalling Champ: clarify who you're voting.
CDB: Feel free to tell me to buzz off if you'd rather.

Ghostly voice of CDB: No no no! This is great. If I have time I'll flavour up the vote counts but I really appreciate you doing them.
SV: Phew. Blahgo has disappeared in a couple of his other games.
Last edited by spectrumvoid on Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Blank.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:09 pm

Post by Glork »

My most recent vote for Amb is a combination of two things.

First, he keeps hopping on bandwagons for the sake of getting things along. Second, I feel as though he keeps clamoring for conversation to happen while not really contributing very much himself.

However, he seems to have actually contributed something of his own. To respond to his paragraph about me:
Amb wrote:Glork Very controlling, but listened to. His arguments have no meat at all - yet he has it down to "Okay, so exactly one of you is likely scum. I just have to figure out which one". First - this says nothing at all. Exactly one of you is likely scum? Exactly one is scum would make sense. Exactly one is likely scum looks like a way out if neither of us are. And also, why would it not be one or both, unless DoS was in Glork's group. Glork is controlling this conversation without actually providing any in depth research, he just wants us to follow his reputation. At least Glork does openly admit things like "Where do you think I pulled it out of?" and "Hunch". I just dont like the way its gone from that to conclusion. (And vague conclusion at that)
Yes, I've been very controlling. I'm actually very surprised at this. Usually when I start making bold claims, most players question what I'm doing. This time around, players seem more than willing ot play along with whatever it is that I'm spouting. It's a reaction that I don't think I've ever had to this scale before, and it's actually making me very undecided about what it means. That's probably why I keep jumping back and forth -- when I see players accept my baseless attacks without much (if any) questioning, I usually think they're more likely to be scum than the average player. As several players have done this, I keep finding myself looking in different directions.

Now, with regards to the "Exactly one of Amb/DoS is likely scum" comment. Yes, I find it likely that exactly one of you is scum. I also see the possibility of neither of you being scum. And I find it highly unlikely that both of you are scum
together
(which I meant to imply but evidently didn't make clear enough).

Amb's "Well I'd better jump on the rival wagon that isn't me" attitude is indicative of either a very selfish townsperson or a scumbag who doesn't really care who goes down as long as it's not him. That pretty much affirmed my stance against him until DoS responded by doing the
exact same thing.
Now, normally that would make a player go "well then could they both be scum?" Yes, possibly. It's an extremely unusual distancing tactic. Usually you'd want to spat some nonesense at each other while looking elsewhere for somebody to kill off. So I find it very unlikely that you two are scumbuddies. Still, I feel that one of you is probably scum. And who knows... perhaps I've managed to find both a Mafiate and a Serial Killer.

I actually kinda like Amb's longish post, so I think I'll
Unvote, Vote: DoS
. I can roll that way for now.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:19 pm

But Glork Amb admits that he doesn't even have reason to believe I am scum right now. He is just voting me to keep my wagon ahead of his. Also his long post has nothing to do with me so I'm not sure why you mention it here... Except to say that he is sure he isn't scum, but he wants to save his own neck. I find it ironic that you use that as proof to vote me instead of him. Also yeah I turned right around and voted for him, but if he is going to risk another townies life just to save his I might as well keep it even.

Anyway now that I have had time to calm down about it I am going to
Unvote, Vote: Pete D
because my vote on Amb really was just an omgus and I do actually feel Pete D is scum.
-Tyler Durden
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:44 pm

Post by Amb »

Unvote
pete d
pete d
Goon
pete d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:50 pm

Post by pete d »

unvote, vote: DoS
that last post doesn't make any sense. first he says good reasons to be voting Amb, then unvotes and says that his vote was just an omgus; "I do actually feel pete d is scum", so this means that you didn't feel that Amb was scum but wagoned anyway? And if you felt I was scum so strongly, why not keep the vote on me from the start?
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:23 am

pete d wrote:
unvote, vote: DoS
that last post doesn't make any sense. first he says good reasons to be voting Amb, then unvotes and says that his vote was just an omgus; "I do actually feel pete d is scum", so this means that you didn't feel that Amb was scum but wagoned anyway? And if you felt I was scum so strongly, why not keep the vote on me from the start?
I feel that I explained this Pete... in that last post.

First the top part of my post wasn't directed towards Amb at all it was directed towards Glork, and I do not feel it gives that many good reasons to be voting Amb anyway. Amb voted me because I think that he thought his wagon had gotten bigger than mine and wanted to keep it even (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here Amb), but since before his vote with that reasoning we were even it made me angry. As such I omgused... I'm assuming you know that an omgus doesn't imply any proof that he is scum... just that I am voting him because he voted me mostly. Then hours later after I calmed down I moved my vote off of Amb back to you where I feel it is deserved.

I can see three possible things from your post. One you actually didn't understand what my post. Two you didn't actually understand what an omgus was. Or three (and the one I am inclined to believe right now) you are choosing to make it look like you don't get it to try and get me lynched quickly now that my band wagon is so big (hopefully it won't work because people will realize what you are doing scum).
-Tyler Durden
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:39 am

Post by Amb »

You arent wrong. By keeping our wagons at equal size, it meant that any bandwagonning type players (like I am) could go for you instead of me. If I was in the lead, then id garner those votes for certain. Yes it was selfish play.

It meant a bandwaggoner would have to choose between our wagons, although because of what I did, it still meant they would gravitate to me. But I prefered that to being directly in the lead.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:45 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

I'm gonna look for a replacement for blahgo.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:52 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

The Central Scrutinizer replaces blahgo.

Now, you might want to pick up the pace a little bit. My deadline finger is twitching.
#greenshirtthursdays
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:44 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

Just for fun:
Vote Count!

DragonsofSummer -4 (StallingChamp, Frozen Atlantic, DeanWinchester, pete d )
Amb- 4 (Omega, Glork, yellowbounder, DragonsofSummer)

Pete D -1 (Zarvok)
Glork- 1
(blahgo)
TCS

7 to lynch.
Last edited by spectrumvoid on Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blank.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:27 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

Hey all!

I'll be doing my reread and posting my thoughts this afternoon. Class this morning.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
StallingChamp
StallingChamp
Goon
StallingChamp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:30 am

Post by StallingChamp »

Unvote, Vote: Amb
. Basically admitting to bandwagonning recklessly and to voting just to even up the vote counts.
Show
[color=red][b][i]GO SENS GO[/b][/i][/color]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5295]Mini 441[/url] - Night 2

High School Mafia coming soon to a Mini Theme Queue near you!
Pink Princess
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Bloodthirsty Babe

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:55 am

Post by Pink Princess »

Glork wrote:I'm actually very surprised at this. Usually when I start making bold claims, most players question what I'm doing. This time around, players seem more than willing ot play along with whatever it is that I'm spouting. It's a reaction that I don't think I've ever had to this scale before, and it's actually making me very undecided about what it means. That's probably why I keep jumping back and forth -- when I see players accept my baseless attacks without much (if any) questioning, I usually think they're more likely to be scum than the average player. As several players have done this, I keep finding myself looking in different directions.
My thoughts succienctly and perfectly explained. I'm used to Glork poking and prodding at players, making both founded and baseless accusations to evoke reactions, analyzing them and finding scum. But so far, the only reactions have been to agree and follow with a vote. It's quite confusing to me.

I am still thinking about the whole Amb vs DoS situation. Amb has consistently said and he doesn't care who is lynched as long as it's not him, so his vote of DoS to make his wagon bigger is certainly not out of character, so I'm not really surprised by that maneuver. My question is whether this nonpro-town strategy equals scum.
I'm also trying to figure out DoS's reaction - again, is self-preservation a scumtell? Is it scummy to only care that Amb wagonhops when it's your wagon he hops on?
Pete's last post strikes me as odd. It's pretty clear that DoS hopped on Amb's wagon to save his butt (DoS's) because Amb hopped on his just to save his own (Amb's) butt. That sentence may not be clear, but the concept is. It seems like Pete is trying to get on the wagon without a reason that reflects what's really going on. Instead of voting because you think the omgus is scummy, it seems you're voting because you don't see an omgus as happening.

I'm just posting my current thought processes and still needing to think a bit.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:22 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

I am very suspicious of Amb's reactions. My first inclination was to enter this game with a splash by putting him at -1. However, on second though, I think we would be smarter to lynch Frozen Atlantic. There was a lot of sound and fury from Frat early game because of SC's proxy-vote, and since then he's posted sporadically contentless posts.

If I had to shotgun a scumteam now, I'd probably go with Frozen Atlantic, Amb, and Pete D.

Anyway, now that you know my thought process, know that I hate second-guessing myself.

unvote, vote: Amb

FOS: Frozen Atlantic

"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:28 am

Post by Glork »

StallingChamp wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Amb
. Basically admitting to bandwagonning recklessly and to voting just to even up the vote counts.
I hope you realize that coming out and admitting that you're being a dirty ol' scumbag does not make us less likely to believe that you are a dirty ol' scumbag.

Amb, you should probably claim. Consider yourself lucky that my itchy
trigger
hammer finger hasn't gone off yet.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
StallingChamp
StallingChamp
Goon
StallingChamp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:11 am

Post by StallingChamp »

Wait, when did I say I was scum?
Show

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5295]Mini 441[/url] - Night 2

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:19 am

Post by Glork »

*behaving like a dirty ol' scumbag

Sorry, mistyped that. Still, your reaction amuses me. I can't tell if it's a slip "Crap, I admitted that I'm scum?" or a genuine "WTF?" I've noted it nonetheless.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
StallingChamp
StallingChamp
Goon
StallingChamp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:32 am

Post by StallingChamp »

Glork wrote:I hope you realize that coming out and
behaving like
a dirty ol' scumbag does not make us less likely to believe that you are a dirty ol' scumbag.
Italics was inferred from your correction, but I may be wrong.

Assuming that "quote" is correct, it makes no sense whatsoever. Why would behaving like scum make people think said person is not scum?

NOTE #1 - Hypothetical, I was not admitting I acted like scum

NOTE #2 - It was a genuine WTF?
Show

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:46 am

Post by Glork »

Argh.

"Coming out and pointing out your own scummy behavior does not..."
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
StallingChamp
StallingChamp
Goon
StallingChamp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:47 am

Post by StallingChamp »

Ok, I see that my post was misinterpreted. That was my reasoning for the vote on Amb, not what I was doing. Sorry for the confusion!
Show

Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:51 am

Post by Amb »

You may as well lynch me then, because claiming will get me killed anyways.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:55 am

Post by Amb »

As I said, it had gone on far enough. I gave valid reasons why players on my bandwagon could be scum. But I still have players basically nodding their head and saying "Oh he looks like scum. He must be". Luckily you can review the shakey bandwagon tomorrow and actually pull it apart to see where everything went wrong.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:10 am

Post by Glork »

If you're pseudo-claiming what I think you are, just claim it explicitly, and at least force the scums to waste a nightkill on you. :roll:
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”