Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:47 pm

Post by Glork »

I'm going to go ahead and assume that your post was an attempt at humor. :)
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Frozen Atlantic
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:53 pm

Post by Frozen Atlantic »

Hahaha. Aw, man. Page Five - Simply Amazing.
Sucking at Mafia does not make you a townie.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:24 pm

Post by Amb »

"I'm going to go ahead and assume that your post was an attempt at humor"

As though the previous one pointing out my initiative wasn't also that :-p
Pink Princess
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Bloodthirsty Babe

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:52 pm

Post by Pink Princess »

This is totally ungame related, but I just noticed I got a title!
Woohoo, look at me!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:06 pm

Post by Glork »

Pink Princess wrote:This is totally ungame related, but I just noticed I got a title!
Woohoo, look at me!
Please don't kill me.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
pete d
pete d
Goon
pete d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:50 pm

Post by pete d »

@PP: When I made that post, you seemed to be making arguments and commenting on a few things you found suspicious, but not backing them up with votes or even Fos's. Seemed a bit too cautious for me.
Pink Princess
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Bloodthirsty Babe

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:05 am

Post by Pink Princess »

Pete, I'm a cautious player. Just look at my title.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:56 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Vote Count!

DragonsofSummer -3 (StallingChamp, Frozen Atlantic, DeanWinchester)
Pete D -2 (DragonsofSummer, Zarvok)
Amb- 2 (Omega, Glork )
Glork- 1 (blahgo)
DeanWinchester -2 (pete d, Amb)

7 to lynch.

CDB: Blahgo has yet to pick up his prod.
Last edited by spectrumvoid on Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blank.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:28 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

It's only been a day or so, let's give him a little longer before we look at replacing him.
#greenshirtthursdays
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:29 am

Post by yellowbounder »

Okay, I'm posting.

I've looked at Amb, and he seems... slightly off. There's something possibly too joking, not serious enough about him, which gives out a slight scum feel. It's a tiny hunch, but I'll vote on my hunch, because it might produce some interesting results.

I've also just realised that this is McDonald's Mafia and no one has posted their McDonald preferences. Quarter pounder all the way.
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:29 am

Post by yellowbounder »

Vote: Amb
because I forgot to.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:41 am

Post by Amb »

Unvote; Vote DoS

Im keeping another bandwagon ahead of mine. Sorry. Yellowbounder is wrong.
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:53 am

Post by DragonsofSummer »

Unvote, Vote: Amb

Yeah its an omgus, but the fact that you are voting me just to keep a wagon ahead of yours bugs me as well.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:39 pm

Post by Glork »

Okay, so exactly one of you is likely scum.

I just have to figure out which one. :?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Omega
Omega
Townie
Omega
Townie
Townie

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:58 pm

Post by Omega »

For that constructive input I promised...

Looking back and rereading, of the DoS and Amb wagons currently running, I'm not feeling the DoS attacks either, I don't really know why I'm not, call it that ever elusive gut feeling.

Amb, however, I can see it, for a couple of reasons that I don't think have been called out yet.

1: A look at post 25, back during the proxy vote issue. Amb's response kinda got lost in the shuffle, but he theorizes a little.
Amb wrote:Proxy voting? That is bizarre! I wouldnt trust anybody with my vote ever, just in case I hand the mafia an advantage.

StallingChamp had best have a good reason for trusting Glork. (Such as in the same masonry(unlikely))

We just need to watch carefully here, this could be an obscure form of dayskill. Has SC pulled out in any other game for the same reason, or with similar behaviour?
I didn't think that much of it at the time, because the proxy issue and the argument between SC/Glork and FA took precedence, but looking back, I'm suddenly seeing role fishing in this, and it seems off.

Also, we've got post 85 on top of that.
Amb wrote:Yes, lynching lurkers can be a good strategy. But.... thats also carries the higher risk of getting your docs and cops outed though, because they often like to lay low during the start of a game.
A guy brings up outing townie roles once, in this context, I'd probably just QFT and let it fly. In connection with the other post though (and being the only one that actually ASKED for DoS to claim, done in post 113), it doesn't seem so innocent.

2: There hasn't been that much to go on, but personally, even with that, I disagree with this quote from post 104
Amb wrote:So since flimsy reasoning is probably the main course for the day, I see no problem with wishy-washying myself around to avoid being voted myself. That after all is the only real goal today - stay alive and hope you hit scum and not a power townie when you lynch. We can get serious tomorrow.
Flimsy reasoning being the order of the day... I don't like people who go the wishy-washy route rather than try to give the flimsy a little more substance. Alright, it's not easy, but if we want to get serious tomorrow, we should do what we can to give ourselves more to work with.

3: Aside from the random voting Glork at the start and the "initiative" vote on Dean, Amb's votes so far have been wagon hops. Ironically, the first of those, on Pete, make me not only suspicious of him, but of Pete as his scumbuddy too. The reasons Glork gave on his votes for Pete rang true for me, so that's not a great leap. What really rings my bell on that though is Amb, after voting Pete, made statements multiple times about how "The first wagon in a game almost never goes to lynch." Posts 76 and 94 ar where you'll find these.

Now, 76 especially catches my eye, for this...
Amb wrote:So the pete d line is sufficient for now. Experience tells me the first bandwagon on Day 1 almost never gets lynched before it turns on someone else anyway.
So Pete D won't be fretting too much yet.
Bolding is mine, and that statement strikes me now as message sending, for some reason.

That said,
Confrim vote: Amb

It was random before, it's not now.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:07 pm

Post by Amb »

Random before yes.
Correct no.

That doesnt change, now matter how poorly anyone wants to twist things.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:14 pm

Post by Amb »

Wagon hopping on day 1 is all I ever do by the way. You can cross check that with nearly every game I have ever played. I care little about who is lynched so long as it isnt me. I suggest everyone in the game should do this too. The only other strategy I like on day 1 is no lynch, because it harms the mafia more than it harms town. Dont bother pressing me on that, because everytime I argue it it results in me being lynched and then everyone saying "Why would a townie do that" as though it somehow excuses the bad lynch.
StallingChamp
StallingChamp
Goon
StallingChamp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:59 pm

Post by StallingChamp »

Yeah, Amb is climbing the scummeter quickly. VOTE: Bote: Amb.
Show
[color=red][b][i]GO SENS GO[/b][/i][/color]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5295]Mini 441[/url] - Night 2

High School Mafia coming soon to a Mini Theme Queue near you!
Pink Princess
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Bloodthirsty Babe

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:06 pm

Post by Pink Princess »

That's it. I am handing out
fos
's all around.

1. Amb, for having a shamelessly scummy strategy. You may do it every game, but it's still not pro-town play.
2. SC, also for jumping on any wagon that's moving and for doing whatever Glork does.
3. Blahgo, for not posting and not even picking up his prod. Get in the game already.

I'm not sure if the whole
if you're just getting on my wagon so you don't get lynched then I'll get on your wagon in retaliation so I don't get lynched
is scummy or if it's a normal reaction to Amb's admission of voting just to put someone else closer to a lynch than himself. I'll have to think about that one.

I like that Omega posted some content, chock full of thoughts and reasons and actual words to work with. Refreshing.

I would please like to hear the what FA is thinking.
Pink Princess
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Bloodthirsty Babe

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:10 pm

Post by Pink Princess »

I'll also mention that I don't know why there is a the in my last sentence.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:13 pm

Post by Amb »

Okay this has gone far enough. I am not scum, and this is being driven by scum.

StallingChamp
: Just dives in because I'm climbing the scummeter, when all I am doing is reacting to a bandwagon against me. What a surprise, I dont want to be lynched! Also has the disadvantage of trying to give away his vote. Misguided and dangerous tactic.

Omega
: Misquotes my Post 25, and says he didnt see the 'Rolefishing' the first time. This is clearly because I wasnt role fishing and its now being forcibly implied. I was stating that stallingchamp was making a very foolish move - given that he couldnt know Glork's alignment.

Uses my post 85 to say it doesnt seem innocent - because I like the idea of lynching lurkers. Yet I still maintain that lurkers are bad because if they are scum we cant catch them lying. Yes I did ask for a DoS claim because he was the bandwagon to get. I would not find a request for me to claim scummy. Obviously I prefer not to claim.

"I don't like people who go the wishy-washy route rather than try to give the flimsy a little more substance."

Well - I don't like people who disguise randomness with more substance, when it is nothing more than randomness. THen when they do lynch wrongly, they turn around and say "Hey oops, all of us would have made that mistake" when in fact they are manipulative. It's far more honest to say you have a hunch, or are blatant about bandwagonning, than if you actually try to make a bad vote look genuine. In that situation you have something to hide.
So the pete d line is sufficient for now. Experience tells me the first bandwagon on Day 1 almost never gets lynched before it turns on someone else anyway. So Pete D won't be fretting too much yet.
...and that statement strikes me now as message sending, for some reason.
1. It would seem I was right. THe first bandwagon fell apart. What a shock. It happens nearly every time.
2. Why would I bother sending a message to Pete D if I were scum. That would imply I didnt believe the whole 'bandwagon' thing, and that I was too stupid to wait for night.

Glork
Very controlling, but listened to. His arguments have no meat at all - yet he has it down to "Okay, so exactly one of you is likely scum. I just have to figure out which one". First - this says nothing at all. Exactly one of you is likely scum? Exactly one is scum would make sense. Exactly one is likely scum looks like a way out if neither of us are. And also, why would it not be one or both, unless DoS was in Glork's group. Glork is controlling this conversation without actually providing any in depth research, he just wants us to follow his reputation. At least Glork does openly admit things like "Where do you think I pulled it out of?" and "Hunch". I just dont like the way its gone from that to conclusion. (And vague conclusion at that)

Yellowbounder
Lurking, and just walks in and joins the easiest bandwagon with "I've looked at Amb, and he seems... slightly off. There's something possibly too joking, not serious enough about him, which gives out a slight scum feel. It's a tiny hunch, but I'll vote on my hunch, because it might produce some interesting results."

I suspect he could just be joining it for it being the most 'under the radar' vote he could get. He was unlikely to be too examined for it.

DeanWinchester
I was voting this person for his posts. I agree with the suspicions of pete d in this case with "unvote, vote: DeanWinchester his wagon of Dos and attack of Amb and DoS feels to me like he's trying to spread suspicion around. Plus, he provides little reasoning for his wagoning vote. " My post 113 outlines this.

Pink Princess
Didnt like the blind follow, but in the same post complains the game is crawling. Well my bloodthirsty babe, I think the blind follow opened the flood gates of this game. I do not get a bad vibe from PP, so I will leave her for now* (I see while I preview that PP has since posted. I will analyse that later)

Zarvok
- Makes a point about not liking the blind follow as well, but doesnt commit to anything. Has only made 4 posts to date, and thus is lurking. Surely this sort of lying low behaviour is just as scummy!

DoS
- He isn't voting me (I think). He will simply be hoping I get lynched over him. (This doesnt make him scum). My vote on him is because I would prefer his lynch to mine. Simple math. 12 players and I am not scum, therefore a lynch of me is 100% chance a townie will die. Because I dont know his role, the %age of him being scum is marginally better. (Yes I know the obvious problem with this, I can only do it from my perspective)

Several of those on my bandwagon are low posting lurkers with seemingly no real conviction on my bandwagon, and Glork. I don't know if Glork is deliberately controlling the bandwagon (as might be apparent) or just sitting back and letting his reputation control it. It is very possible that he is scum because he probably will look good with a bad lynch.

* Ignoring my bias for babes ;)
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:16 pm

Post by Amb »

Fictitious wrote: Glork: Amb, you took the initiative, I wish I was like you
Amb: Muahahahaha
StallingChamp
StallingChamp
Goon
StallingChamp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:22 pm

Post by StallingChamp »

I think its telling that you think 8 people are suspicious. Trying to spread the accusations much?
Show
[color=red][b][i]GO SENS GO[/b][/i][/color]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5295]Mini 441[/url] - Night 2

High School Mafia coming soon to a Mini Theme Queue near you!
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:30 pm

Post by Amb »

(They are the 8 people who are on or hanging around my Bandwagon like vultures. Do you think I realistically can know which ones are the true problems and which ones arent?)
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:45 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

Amb I am voting you right now, but it is an angry omgus just because you voted for me to put me one ahead of you. (Before your vote we were tied).
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”