Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:15 am

Post by Zindaras »

"A distinct lack of use" is five words.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:40 am

Post by Kison »

I don't think Raging Rabbit is scum. I think he was a bit whacked when he made the theory of Livingod & Twito working together. However, he has remained consistent with Twito, and Twito did go hard for Livingod's lynch.

So for now, I am going to
Vote: Twito
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:50 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Zindaras wrote:"A distinct lack of use" is five words.
Maybe I was referring to the quote?
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:52 am

Post by Zindaras »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
Zindaras wrote:"A distinct lack of use" is five words.
Maybe I was referring to the quote?
That was only an extrapolation, not the actual reason. >.>

Activity, use, both are applicable, even if they are different.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:54 am

What you said was technically true, but you distorted the facts to make me look bad.

Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:27 am

Post by Zindaras »

True is true. You were useless and inactive. That's the important part. An attack on the way I worded it is not a good defense.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:52 am

I was inactive. That is not particularly scummy.

I'm attacking the way you worded it because the way you worded it was scummy.

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:12 am

Post by Battle Mage »

so you didnt find out anything? :o
Well i think that could possibly be a town-tell. I mean, surely if RR was scum he would make something up to make himself look useful.
I think RR is probably the cop, although i disagree that it was necessarily a Mafia Role Blocker who stopped you. It could just as easily have been a townie role blocker who thought u were scum.
BM

Raging Rabbit wrote:Right. Well, I was being quite paranoid yesterday with the livingod + Twito thing in retrospect, although I still consider their apparant "cooperation" very unnerving. I still think Twito's scum for reasons I'll feel stupid repeating for the 900th time (never said livingod had to be scum in order for Twito to be), but I tried to investigate him yesterday and got
no result
. Apparantly the mafia has a roleblocker.

On another reasonably important note, I'll be a whole lot less active starting basically now due to RL issues. And I do mean a whole lot, though I'll try not to lurk. Rejoice!

Vote: Twito.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:23 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Kison wrote:I don't think Raging Rabbit is scum. I think he was a bit whacked when he made the theory of Livingod & Twito working together. However, he has remained consistent with Twito, and Twito did go hard for Livingod's lynch.

So for now, I am going to
Vote: Twito
Livingod's posts were scummy, despite him being town. A few people were going after him, obviously, he was lynched. So, other than RR's "consistency" going after Twito (and please tell me how he could do otherwise with his claim of no result), what reason do you have for voting Twito?
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:35 am

Post by Kison »

Ectomancer wrote:Livingod's posts were scummy, despite him being town.
So were Twito's and RR's.
A few people were going after him, obviously, he was lynched.
Of course. I was one of them, remember? However, Twito was very vocal about it, and Raging Rabbit's defiant defense for Livingod only supports my belief that he is not scum. One could always claim it was an act, however, he seemed unsure in the end and therefore voted for him. Uncertainty of Livingod's alignment = not scum.

So, other than RR's "consistency" going after Twito what reason do you have for voting Twito?
Based on the fact that both RR and Twito looked equally scummy yesterday, but that RR seemed to be more correct based on the lynch result from Livingod(minus his loony theory), I'm going to lean more towards RR being town and Twito being scum.

And if you have a better lead than one of those two, let's hear it.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:39 am

Post by Zindaras »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:I was inactive. That is not particularly scummy.

I'm attacking the way you worded it because the way you worded it was scummy.
I think it's scummy because it's an inconsistency with the way I've seen you play in previous games, where I do know your alignment.

I am suspicious of you not only for you inactivity, but also for the wagons you pushed, Wldhrt and livingod.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:42 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Actually, I think the better lead is right in front of me. Kison, you were the one that taunted RR until he finally hammered Livingod. You also tried to convince him that regardless of the outcome, RR would be in no more jeopardy than he would have been. Combine his unverified claim of cop, plus his equally unverified "I was blocked last night", it makes it tough to lynch him today doesnt it? So you werent far off, but it was a nice manipulation (cooperation with?) of RR, while being able to claim that you werent the one that actually hammered.
And all the while, your comments like:
Since Livingod is already at Lynch - 2, let's finish him off.
go unaddressed.
Why did we need to "finish him off"?

I'm very sorry that Thesp had no attention paid when he said:
Thesp wrote:
Raging Rabbit wrote:
Thesp wrote:
Raging Rabbit wrote:
Anyway, on with the livingod death and all.
Do you believe both Twito and myself are innocent? I admit I didn't think of this approach, but its annoying to me that what I consider pretty good evidence is being totally ignored. My cop claim had its reasons, do you find them valid?
I must have missed something - did you claim an investigation on Twito?
No. But I
am
willing to stake my life on Twito being scum, especially since I'll probably be lynched/under extremely heavy suspicion tomorrow if he isn't anyway.
This is a less than wise thing to do if you are town. I think Twito is more likely to be town, and now given your claim you are too (as its unlikely that scum claim cop unprovoked at this moment, as if they're still alive at endgame it raises eyebrows). I don't see why one of you has to be scum.
because I agreed. However, now more than ever I think that RR has played a horrible game. If he is town, he shouldnt have allowed you to egg him on to a lynch on his dubious livingod+twito theory that really only came up with when he could get no more support on the Twito wagon. He shouldnt have claimed when there was nill pressure on him to do so, and of course very convenient that he was "blocked" last night.

So I have RR as either scum pushing for counterclaims or a very bad cop, and Kison as either opportunistic in his chance to have someone else drop the hammer on a townie, or perhaps he was just trying to push RR to back his weak Twito+Livingod conspiracy with a lynch. Neither good for the town.

FOS Kison
for town lynch by proxy.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:30 pm

Post by Kison »

Ectomancer wrote:You also tried to convince him that regardless of the outcome, RR would be in no more jeopardy than he would have been.
I told him that in his current situation, at the time, with hardly anyone buying his theories, that he'd have just as hard of a time convincing people to lynch Twito than he would the next day, regardless of the Livingod lynch result. However, he, and many others(myself included) were expecting to see Livingod come up as scum. However, he did not. Although it debunked his Twito/Livingod theory, it does not debunk his original theory nor does it remove the scumminess of Twito's posts.
So you werent far off, but it was a nice manipulation (cooperation with?) of RR, while being able to claim that you werent the one that actually hammered.
At the time, it looked EXTREMELY odd having Raging Rabbit defend Livingod so defiantly, that it was almost insane to think that with his own scummy posts that he would not turn up scum. Basically, once he came up with his theory that both Livingod and Twito were working together, I pretty much dared him to back up his claim.

There are a couple of ways I could see that playing out...

1) Raging Rabbit could have refused, and still gone after Twito. Had he chosen this path, with Livingod already near lynching point, it would further incriminate RR to have him name Livingod scum and not do anything about it.

2) Raging Rabbit could have gone after Livingod & he turned up scum. This would have backed up his theory that both Livingod & Twito were working together. However, it also shows that Raging Rabbit is not mafia because he placed the hammered vote.

3) Raging Rabbit could have gone after Livingod & he turned up town. This is what happened. I found this to be the most neutralizing result, however, it shows that his initial reaction to the Livingod bandwagon was correct. The level of defiance that he showed for a townie is more than I'd ever expect from a mafia member.

So sure, I may have "manipulated" Raging Rabbit, but it was not to pick off a townie as you seem to suspect. It was instead to gain more insight on Raging Rabbit & Twito while, as I had hoped, pick off Livingod who looked extremely scummy(as you also admit) based on his posts.

Take it or leave it.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:49 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Zindaras wrote:People, this is why you don't claim Cop Day One for no reason.
I was sure it'd make everyone lynch Twito to test my claim, and I'm still pretty sure he's scum. If I knew people'd just call me stupid and go for livingod, I wouldn't have claimed.
Kison wrote:1) Raging Rabbit could have refused, and still gone after Twito. Had he chosen this path, with Livingod already near lynching point, it would further incriminate RR to have him name Livingod scum and not do anything about it.
This is why I pretty much
had
to vote livingod at that point.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:57 am

Post by Zindaras »

How the hell does lynching Twito equal testing your claim?

You are not right because you are a Cop or a Mason. Testing a Cop is done by lynching someone he investigated.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:29 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

I thought Twito's managed to push everyrone into ignoring me and lynching livingod, so he could get me lynched when livingod turns out scum, and claiming looked like a good prevention method. I could go into more details here, but it's obviously irrelevant at this point. Certainly wasn't a good play, I admit.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:41 am

Post by Zindaras »

Yes, there are more important matters to focus on.

I think Ectomancer raises a great point regarding Kison, and I definitely thinks it warrants a
FoS: Kison
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:17 am

Post by IH »

RR wrote:Right. Well, I was being quite paranoid yesterday with the livingod + Twito thing in retrospect, although I still consider their apparant "cooperation" very unnerving. I still think Twito's scum for reasons I'll feel stupid repeating for the 900th time (never said livingod had to be scum in order for Twito to be), but I tried to investigate him yesterday and got no result. Apparantly the mafia has a roleblocker.

On another reasonably important note, I'll be a whole lot less active starting basically now due to RL issues. And I do mean a whole lot, though I'll try not to lurk. Rejoice!

Vote: Twito.
I do rejoice!

Yes, but you started off saying Livingod was more suspicious than Twito, and gradually came to odds against him...

Or a different scenario is you're cop claim is false....
Kison wrote:I don't think Raging Rabbit is scum. I think he was a bit whacked when he made the theory of Livingod & Twito working together. However, he has remained consistent with Twito, and Twito did go hard for Livingod's lynch.

So for now, I am going to Vote: Twito
So did... alot of other people.... I don't see why the game suddenly revolves around Twito and RR.
BM wrote:so you didnt find out anything?
Well i think that could possibly be a town-tell. I mean, surely if RR was scum he would make something up to make himself look useful.
I think RR is probably the cop, although i disagree that it was necessarily a Mafia Role Blocker who stopped you. It could just as easily have been a townie role blocker who thought u were scum.
BM
Nah. Not a town tell. Good scum copout though. A little null, but I'm not sure. I still don't buy his claim.

Kison, just because someone is very vocal about wanting to lynch someone, that doesn't mean they are the most likely scum. Clearly he got the town to go along with him, as there was a majority. I think that your wrong about Twito and RR, as they both said Livingod was scum, and just because RR was pushing more for a Twito lynch, doesn't mean that Twito is anymore scum...

vote:Kison

The hammer was ineveitably coming. Livingod wasn't going to save himself.

I don't understand why people are FoSing instead of voting at the moment... I've seen like four FoS's on Kison.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:21 am

Vote: Kison

(If I don't, Zindaras will vote for me.)

DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:56 am

Post by DragonsofSummer »

Vote:Kison

Ectomancer makes some very good points.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:14 pm

Post by Kison »

Zindaras wrote:I think Ectomancer raises a great point regarding Kison, and I definitely thinks it warrants a
FoS: Kison
So I take it you ignored my points, then? Normally when there is a rebuttal, you make a reference of it.
IH wrote:So did... alot of other people.... I don't see why the game suddenly revolves around Twito and RR.
The game has been largely focused on Livingod, Twito, and Raging Rabbit for a long time. There was a brief moment of BattleMage focus, but that has faded off. So I made a play last night to figure out which one I thought was the worse, and I chose. You're basically going after me for that move. So what part of it did you not like?
IH wrote:Kison, just because someone is very vocal about wanting to lynch someone, that doesn't mean they are the most likely scum.
Then explain Ectomancer's accusations against me for pushing for a Livingod lynch.
IH wrote:I think that your wrong about Twito and RR, as they both said Livingod was scum,
Yes, they both
in the end
went after Livingod. However, I think it nicely disproves any scuminess of Raging Rabbit that he pressed so hard to save Livingod. Were he scum, I don't see why he would have done it
to that extent
. Possibly to put on an act, however, I'd think it more likely that he'd have jumped on the band wagon a lot sooner than he did.

However, Twito was on the wagon for a LOT longer than Raging Rabbit was. So between those two, I'm going with Twito until I see another valid candidate.

And if my reasoning is not good enough for you, I suggest you begin to question the people who went after Twito last night. At least I have a reason to go after him for the time being.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:16 pm

Post by Kison »

And before anyone tries to quick-lynch me for bad wording my post, I meant "yesterday" where I said "last night".
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:18 pm

Post by Thesp »

Raging Rabbit wrote:I still think Twito's scum for reasons I'll feel stupid repeating for the 900th time (never said livingod had to be scum in order for Twito to be), but I tried to investigate him yesterday and got
no result
Please be precise - do you have indication you were roleblocked, or did you receive no result? I just want to separate the data from speculation.

I'm liking Zindaras for the most part here. I do disagree with this...
Zindaras wrote:You are not right because you are a Cop or a Mason. Testing a Cop is done by lynching someone he investigated.
Actually, testing a cop is done by looking at the dead cop's epitaph in the first post after they're nightkilled. Scum rarely fake cop, and when they do, they're usually figured by the mid-end of the game.

The Kison wagon is hawt.
Vote: Kison.
Twito is a terrible lynch propogated by bad people. Well, bad
person
. Raging Rabbit is evidencing his crazy tendencies by thinking claiming Cop and offering sacrifice on D1 is good strategy. Kison is showing scummy tendencies by thinking he can actually make a legitimate bandwagon of this lunacy.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:47 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

I deleted the tag-error filled version of Ectomancer's post.
-Glork
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:49 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

EBWOP

Kison wrote:
Ectomancer wrote:You also tried to convince him that regardless of the outcome, RR would be in no more jeopardy than he would have been.
I told him that in his current situation, at the time, with hardly anyone buying his theories, that he'd have just as hard of a time convincing people to lynch Twito than he would the next day, regardless of the Livingod lynch result. However, he, and many others(myself included) were expecting to see Livingod come up as scum. However, he did not. Although it debunked his Twito/Livingod theory, it does not debunk his original theory nor does it remove the scumminess of Twito's posts.
No, it was like I said, you tried to convince him that he personally would be in no more jeopardy, not that he couldnt prove his case on Twito.
Kison wrote: You seem afraid that a Livingod lynch means your lynching. However, I see no reason to think that you will have any MORE of a hard time convincing people that you're innocent with Livingod DEAD than you would right now.

He supposedly was already ultra-paranoid about his impending lynch (he says the pressure caused him to claim). You preyed on that fear by giving him an ultimatum, lynch Livingod or else be considered scum if he comes up scum.
I already said that Livingod made some scummy sounding statements, so RR would have felt it a good chance that Livingod would turn up scum. Being the cop, he *should have* wanted to get a confirmed investigation before lynching anyone. But your statement just reinforced his thinking that he would be lynched, only this time for sure if he didnt jump on. I doubt he believed that any night result he could claim would save him either. This left almost zero chance he would refuse to lynch.

Well, I kicked it off. I should climb aboard.

vote Kison

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”