NY 164: Maniacal Street Mafia (Anticlimatically finished.)

ffullisade
ffullisade
Goon
ffullisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5875 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:31 pm

Post by ffullisade »

In post 5873, Amethyst Kitty wrote:despo parroting me in a way is scary too.

Fery question? Your townread [?] on us.. Was it based on the mala or mara part of the hydra?

~ Mala
My read is pretty mushy tbh. I think that I've mostly interacted with mara. mollie's concerns were with mala posts mostly (I think - I'm not sure I've accurately identified whose posts are whose).
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5876 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:19 am

Post by Human Destroyer »

In post 5866, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 5864, Human Destroyer wrote:
In post 5851, penguin_alien wrote:Bulbazak was townish yesterday, but with ThAd confirmed, I keep going back to the failed shot on him with a red scum doc. If HD is the last blue (and so the only likely source of a roleblock) he could have blocked ThAd's shot on him, hence the two different failure types ThAd claimed.
And then proceed to ask a question involving said roleblock that confirms the mislynch I want to push as town?
Sounds like a great idea. :neutral:
Yes, because scum wouldn't do townie things to look town. :roll:
Irrelevant; the point is that it's a legitimately bad move as a scum roleblocker to do this in the first place.
There's a difference between trying to look town and being flat-out counterproductive to a goal.
Are you ready for this?
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5877 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:22 am

ugh, I'm just going to sheep desperado at this point

VOTE: Nacho
Are you ready for this?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #5878 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:48 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 5851, penguin_alien wrote:If I'm wrong about something, I'd expect to have misread Nacho over the various mollie hydras, but I also know I'm bad at reading mollie-scum. Which makes that kind of a wash.
nacho town = mollie town.
In post 5856, Desperado wrote:Thezmon's is the most interesting and I think it means that Bacde was right about Nacho the whole time--he really is the last blue scum.
because nacho-blue scum would bus the living fuck out of his living competent partner out of the blue.
In post 5861, ffullisade wrote:Would you clarify who are in your scum pile and who are in your town pile?
you and desperado are town today.
human destroyer is scum. i might not trust bulbazak today and would love if you could reassure me since that is probably paranoia.
pv also seems like a scum possibility.
i waffle on pa and ak because if they are scum this is the best damn scumplay i've seem from them. i would LOVE to see what happens after we lynch human destroyer because no one is even marginally reading him as town but for some reason they still don't want to lynch them.
In post 5877, Human Destroyer wrote:ugh, I'm just going to sheep desperado at this point

yup OK
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5879 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:40 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 5878, Nachomamma8 wrote:because nacho-blue scum would bus the living fuck out of his living competent partner out of the blue.
That's a really odd way to put what happened yesterday.

With 2 votes on CTD, 5 on HD:
In post 5756, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 5752, Bulbazak wrote:Why are scum given the benefit of a townie to talk to when figuring out their night actions? I'm not sure how strong a point that is and how that would really effect the balance in the long run. And if we are shorter on PRs than is usual, wouldn't it be better balance-wise to pair a townie with the vig?
neighbors sorting each other out is an interaction that is older than time itself.
townie chilling with a vig is new and strange and throws things off balance a bit, especially considering i don't see CTD close to anything like scum. but now we have that nice sexy pretty much confirmation on ThAd, so I'm guessing you're right on this front too.
Then Penguin, Baezu, and myself all expressed interest in a CTD lynch and it became pretty clear that we were going to lynch within the neighborhoods. At that point you didn't really have any choice but to bus him, and CTD "having to regroup" + you "loving to hear it" and going so far as to tell people to wait before hammering so that he can get them out are enough to link you two.

You didn't do anything even close to "bussing the living fuck" out of him.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #5880 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:43 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

There were less than 2 days until deadline when I moved onto him. No one moved until I did.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5881 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:52 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 5880, Nachomamma8 wrote:There were less than 2 days until deadline when I moved onto him. No one moved until I did.
That doesn't negate anything I said. You still didn't move onto him until the HD wagon had fully stalled and three other people had expressed interest in his lynch + we decided collectively to lynch in the neighborhoods.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #5882 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:58 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Why does thez reads make me blue-scum?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #5883 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:59 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 5881, Desperado wrote:until the HD wagon had fully stalled
it was stalled because i stopped pushing it so hard.
why do you think he is town?

Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5884 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:10 am

Post by Desperado »

I don't know what HD is yet.

Thez reads make you blue scum because in his initial reads list he had Ryu in his town pile, CTD in his null, and then 5 flipped townies as scum and you.

After his full catchup you are now listed as null with HD and penguin moved from null to scum. His justification is terrible:
--For the longest time I had Nacho penned as scum, and almost jumped onto his wagon for mainly the whole Oversould fiasco. However, his bout with the reads and wanting to lynch Desperado turned my head and convinced me that he might not be who he says he is. It is notable that every single person on that wagon I have as town (Desperado is null).
Because your D1 push on me blew ass.

Finally in his last reads post you and CTD are listed as town with 7 dead town and Bulb.

Mainly it's that initial reads list though.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #5885 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:14 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Do you think there is a chance of me being red scum?

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #5886 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:39 am

Post by mastin2 »

One-Hundred-Fifty-Seventh Votecount
:
(Second Votecount of Day Six,
AKA, the "Perfectly even spread" votecount.
)

Human Destroyer - 2 (Nachomamma8, ffullisade)

penguin_alien - 2 (Amethyst Kitty, Bulbazak)

Nachomamma8 - 2 (Desperado, Human Destroyer)

Not Voting - 2 (PeregrineV, penguin_alien)

With
alive, it is
to lynch.

Day Six's deadline is Monday, September 16th, @ 12:30 PM PST, which is in (expired on 2013-09-16 12:30:00).

Spoiler: Changes from last votecount
Human Destroyer - 2 (Nachomamma8, ffullisade,
Bulbazak
)
penguin_alien - 2 (
Amethyst Kitty
Bulbazak
)
Nachomamma8 - 2 (
Desperado
Human Destroyer
)

Not Voting - 2 (PeregrineV,
Desperado
, penguin_alien,
Human Destroyer
Amethyst Kitty
)
Last votecount was page 235, post 5850.

Spoiler: Player Vote History D6
Nachomamma8: Human Destroyer
PeregrineV:
Bulbazak: Human Destroyer->penguin_alien
Desperado: Nachomamma8
penguin_alien:
Amethyst Kitty: Human Destroyer->Unvote->penguin_alien
ffullisade: Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer: Nachomamma8

Spoiler: Vote History D6
On Mon, Aug 8/26/13 @ 05:55p,
Nachomamma8
votes
Human Destroyer
in post 5814.
On Mon, Aug 8/26/13 @ 06:51p,
ffullisade
votes
Human Destroyer
in post 5818.
On Tue, Aug 8/27/13 @ 00:28a,
Bulbazak
votes
Human Destroyer
in post 5839.
On Tue, Aug 8/27/13 @ 10:11p,
Amethyst Kitty
votes
penguin_alien
in post 5852.
On Wed, Aug 8/28/13 @ 00:11a,
Desperado
votes
Nachomamma8
in post 5856.
On Wed, Aug 8/28/13 @ 09:59p,
Bulbazak
unvotes
Human Destroyer
and votes
penguin_alien
in post 5866.
On Thu, Aug 8/29/13 @ 08:22a,
Human Destroyer
votes
Nachomamma8
in post 5877.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5887 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:25 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 5872, Amethyst Kitty wrote:also!

Bulb, why are you only looking at some of our posts and not all of them?

not everything that's coming out of this account is the "woe is me" crap and, while I do agree with you that it is annoying, and Kinda vain you aren't looking at anything I'm doing, you're looking at all of mala's post and using it to determine our alignment while ignoring my post, and the fact that I'm kinda the physical entity of this hydra while mala is the brains and stuff
I am considering all of your posts. I got a general town feel from them in the beginning, then I lost that. I regained it after your seemingly genuine breakdown, and even though you made some crazy plays, some of which were essentially saying "Yep, I did that thing I'm being accused of", I still had a general town feel from you, because who in their right mind would do something like that as scum? However, the later we got in the game, the more you complained about being "framed" and the more you sought to derail wagons on actual town, even though you never gave a decent reason why that person would be town. You didn't make many pushes yourself, at least none that were unique, instead mainly derailing wagons. Looking back, everything can essentially be seen as a massive play for towncred, with the WIFOM question "Why would they do that as scum?" keeping you alive. I don't think it's real anymore. I think it's all fake, and I've gotta say, I didn't think you had it in you.
In post 5874, Amethyst Kitty wrote:Bulb?

are you still here?

I want to talk because all my town-reads are going to shit
I have a lot on my plate anymore. So this game isn't exactly my #1 priority. It might be my #3 priority, tops.
In post 5877, Human Destroyer wrote:ugh, I'm just going to sheep desperado at this point

Why? Are you that convinced by a Nacho-scum case? Or are you just trying to skate by for as long as possible?
In post 5878, Nachomamma8 wrote:i might not trust bulbazak today and would love if you could reassure me since that is probably paranoia.
This seems rather sudden. What brought the paranoia on?
In post 5878, Nachomamma8 wrote: i would LOVE to see what happens after we lynch human destroyer because no one is even marginally reading him as town but for some reason they still don't want to lynch them.
He may be my strongest scum read, but he's not blue scum.
In post 5884, Desperado wrote: Because your D1 push on me blew ass.
Your push on Nacho d1 wasn't that great either.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #5888 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:37 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 5887, Bulbazak wrote:This seems rather sudden. What brought the paranoia on?
the possibility of there still being 3 scum left.

Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5889 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:43 pm

In post 5887, Bulbazak wrote:Why? Are you that convinced by a Nacho-scum case? Or are you just trying to skate by for as long as possible?
Honestly? Both.

The first one has a much nicer ring to it though, so I'll stick with it if you don't mind.
Are you ready for this?
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5890 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:48 pm

also, completely off-topic, but mastin I am totally stealing your votecount style because it is the sexiest thing ever

<<< I noticed. :P It would appear, in fact, that a lot of your mod posts on the front page of your game seem heavily inspired by this game...
But yes. My votecounts are sexy. I put a lot of work into them to make sure of it. ;) >>>
Last edited by mastin2 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Are you ready for this?
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5891 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:33 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

Desp, I love you but Nacho is red scum, not blue scum
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5892 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:36 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

In post 5875, ffullisade wrote:
In post 5873, Amethyst Kitty wrote:despo parroting me in a way is scary too.

Fery question? Your townread [?] on us.. Was it based on the mala or mara part of the hydra?

~ Mala
My read is pretty mushy tbh. I think that I've mostly interacted with mara. mollie's concerns were with mala posts mostly (I think - I'm not sure I've accurately identified whose posts are whose).
other than the latter half of yesterday, and today, we've actually worked to make each post Identifiable. which posts have you been struggling with?

You've interacted mostly with Mala
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5893 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:37 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

In post 205, Nachomamma8 wrote:Current townreads are here:
3. Cephir
5. DLG
7. roflcopter
10. Thor665
11. Red Ryu
18. ActionDan
19. fuzzybutternut
22. BeautyAndTheBeast (Majiffy+pirate mollie)
24. ArcAngel9
Here, Nacho puts Ceph as town
In post 841, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 641, Amethyst Kitty wrote:
Hey Nacho, thoughts on Cehprir?

I don't like the way he's responding so far, but I'm still waiting for the wheels to turn a little more before I give a solid read on him.
couple pages later, after I ask him about Ceph, he says that he doesn't really have a solid read on him yet and that he doesn't like his responses so far.

In post 1130, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1124, Cephrir wrote:I'm starting to come around somewhat just based on the avoiding the thread thing. That's the only thing though.
I haven't been avoiding the thread. I wasn't around for a little while, had to play catchup elsewhere. So I saved this one for last considering there was a lot of reading to do but it's still Day 1 here.
talks to him kinda like he's a town-read
In post 1169, Nachomamma8 wrote:
Cephrir's sort of gotten railroaded into defending me a couple of times, but has maintained sufficient paranoia of me the entire game. I like that because it weakens the wagon and weakens the claim on the wagon, but doesn't mean that he actually gains any cred for defending me. His attack on Thor for being overaggressive seemed a little strange, but it was a fair attack considering his mindset, and his progression from Thor to Oversoul was pretty genuine. His mid-back off from B&B seemed fairly town motivated; he was comfortable in arguing with them, but held back a little when the argument pretty much became a semantics fight. His response to B&B accusing him of having unexplained townreads was the reads list in #797, which is a fitting response to the interaction and seemed more like a "screw you" townie response than scum under pressure in the least bit, considering he wasn't under a lot of pressure and could've easily dismissed B&B or bought time by telling them to explain townreads first. Overall, fairly town.
This post is good
In post 1642, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1510, Cephrir wrote:I feel like Nacho and Desperado are both stretching for some of their points. So far this doesn't feel as town v town to me as our other arguments have.
People are stretching in their arguments, so you don't look at what they are posting but instead just say that the argument is "town v town"? You can do better than this.
In post 1518, Cephrir wrote:Obviously I feel like Nacho or Desperado is scum (probably not bussing), and I haven't figured out which one it is yet. What led me to say that now is 1509- the first point seems pretty good and makes me feel like Nacho is using a double standard, but the third point sucks and is a huge reach.
Very nice posture.
but, with the way he's talking to him here I would think he's scum-reading him? especially with the posture comment. this isn't to many pages after the previous quote
In post 1648, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1646, Cephrir wrote:I was saying it's *not* town v town. Pay attention.
Fix my typo and there's still a question for you to answer.
In post 1646, Cephrir wrote:Very nice posture yourself, seeing as you haven't really expressed suspicion of me before this post and I look like the most likely counterwagon to yours at this point.
I'm not going to vote you today, but your most recent posts are waffley as all hell.
Scum buddy interaction? this is kinda weird, I can't really figure out what he's reading Ceph at this point. Null-scum? maybe not strong enough for a vote apparently, though Nacho isn't one who is scared to bus I don't think
In post 1664, Nachomamma8 wrote:Wanna hop on this nice wagon with me, Cephrir? It would be a hell of a slap to the face if I got lynched D1 AND couldn't get any sort of counterwagon going.
This call out... it looks like he's trying to figure out Cephs alignment, and this is good however I just did something similar to this to Fonz in #Swagtown where we were both scum. Nacho is a far better scum-player than I am, so if I am able to pull something like this off, I'm sure as hell Nacho is able to do it
In post 2085, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 2062, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:who all is in your town pile let's go from there
you, bacde, thor, syryana, bulba, Om/HD, eddiefenix, arc, CTD, thez is the strong town pile. cephrir probably belongs in there, but I'm a little hesitant.
seanald is a decent townread for latching onto bacde in the way he did, red ryu i would call town but he's been hard to talk to lately, nero is probably town, but hesitant.
CTD I occasionally have paranoid flashes on but I still think he's probably town.
He is keeping Ceph as a town-read, and is hesitant to name him strong town which points to a little bit of Paranoia. I like this post I think
In post 3277, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 3221, ffullisade wrote:CTD should be totally in it. Who else?
om the hydra, but that was mostly for day 1
cephrir
bulba
haylen
KK
AA x10
though not to many pages later he's decided that he's town enough to be included into the town block?
In post 3278, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 3275, Cephrir wrote:I'm a really easy and uncontroversial scumread to have. Need someone to pad your scumlist? Why not Cephrir?
don't do this to me man
you're town as shit
I like this call out actually, it feels town. this might be the most genuine post he's had Re Ceph

I'll finish the rest of the Nacho/Ceph interaction later, but I think that, so far this points to Nacho and Ceph are a team

I also don't recall Nacho interacting with Seanald much, I'll go through that as well and spell out why they are scum together
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5894 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:50 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

In post 5887, Bulbazak wrote:I am considering all of your posts. I got a general town feel from them in the beginning, then I lost that. I regained it after your seemingly genuine breakdown, and even though you made some crazy plays, some of which were essentially saying "Yep, I did that thing I'm being accused of", I still had a general town feel from you, because who in their right mind would do something like that as scum? However, the later we got in the game, the more you complained about being "framed" and the more you sought to derail wagons on actual town, even though you never gave a decent reason why that person would be town. You didn't make many pushes yourself, at least none that were unique, instead mainly derailing wagons. Looking back, everything can essentially be seen as a massive play for towncred, with the WIFOM question "Why would they do that as scum?" keeping you alive. I don't think it's real anymore. I think it's all fake, and I've gotta say, I didn't think you had it in you.
Everything you've pointed out as a scum posts belong to mala, today, you've only used her interaction to call us scum though you've completely ignored mine

are you able to tell the difference between us at all?
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5895 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:18 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 5894, Amethyst Kitty wrote:
In post 5887, Bulbazak wrote:I am considering all of your posts. I got a general town feel from them in the beginning, then I lost that. I regained it after your seemingly genuine breakdown, and even though you made some crazy plays, some of which were essentially saying "Yep, I did that thing I'm being accused of", I still had a general town feel from you, because who in their right mind would do something like that as scum? However, the later we got in the game, the more you complained about being "framed" and the more you sought to derail wagons on actual town, even though you never gave a decent reason why that person would be town. You didn't make many pushes yourself, at least none that were unique, instead mainly derailing wagons. Looking back, everything can essentially be seen as a massive play for towncred, with the WIFOM question "Why would they do that as scum?" keeping you alive. I don't think it's real anymore. I think it's all fake, and I've gotta say, I didn't think you had it in you.
Everything you've pointed out as a scum posts belong to mala, today, you've only used her interaction to call us scum though you've completely ignored mine

are you able to tell the difference between us at all?
I consider the hydra as a whole. For some hydras, I may try to interact with certain heads to get or solidify my read, but in the end, all the heads of a hydra occupy the same slot, and it's useless to try to keep those actions separated in my head.

Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5896 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:27 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

that does not answer my question

<<< Post from MS Marangal deleted. >>>
Last edited by mastin2 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5897 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:29 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

I thought it did. Who signed a post does absolutely nothing several days down the line when I'm remembering what the hydra did. And I don't care to look back just to see who signed said post when.

Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5898 (ISO) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:38 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

"what is your favorite color?"

"the sky is blue because it absorbs all the other colors of light and only reflects that specific color"

Same topic, but the question isn't answered

my question isn't answered

are you able to tell who is posting what?
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5899 (ISO) » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:18 am

Post by Bulbazak »

Not really, no. And I don't really care.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”