DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:59 am

Post by DeanWinchester »

I think if the town does this 7-6-6 plan at most the mafia will be able to add a nominee or switch one for one. Either way there is three to four poeple nominate two of which the town decided was scumie. Yes power roles could ruin it, BUT WE HAVE TO TRY SOMTHING. Close nomination can only help scum. We need open voting so the town will have some info to go off of. Because town won't lie, only scum. Closed voting will keep info away from the town. Im starting to think that most of the poeple that don't want to share are scum.

I think Ghryt because I have been suspicious of him the whole time. His comments have been reaking of avoidance and misdirection. I don't like his blatant attacks on the bunny and his dislike of sharing info.

Jack because of the graph and because of his comments since the graph seem to be some what panicky.

Either way we need to say who we should nominate for tommorow and vote for today.

I want to nominate ghryt and Jack.
I'm keeping my vote on cheesefan.
Cheesefan
Cheesefan
Goon
Cheesefan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:10 am

Post by Cheesefan »

I will never agree to vote as others tell me or tell people who i am going to vote.

I will vote as i wish but provide logical reasons for doing so the next day.
"Of course, just because we've heard a spine-chilling, blood-curdling scream of the sort to make your very marrow freeze in your bones doesn't automatically mean there's anything wrong."
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:15 am

Post by JDodge »

Cheesefan wrote:I will never agree to vote as others tell me or tell people who i am going to vote.

I agree. It's no different than a vote during the day, and you don't make complex charts and overly complex ideas for a vote, do you?
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:15 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

JDawg, lets try using math here:

Lets assume we lynch an innocent, worst case scenario an' all. We still have 11 people, with a maximum of 3 in a single scum group. I was an idiot before, a total of 22 nominations means an 8-7-7 split. Please explain how the scum could ever possibly fuck up such a thing under anything but the most extreme circumstances. If you choose to assume such circustances, please explain how the 3 nominee system makes it easier for them to fuck up than just randomizing everything.

Please don't answer this with general statements, I really feel this warrants actual math.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:15 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Cheesefan wrote:I will never agree to vote as others tell me or tell people who i am going to vote.

My former post applies to you as well, bud.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:20 am

Post by JDodge »

Raging Rabbit wrote:JDawg, lets try using math here:

Lets assume we lynch an innocent, worst case scenario an' all. We still have 11 people, with a maximum of 3 in a single scum group. I was an idiot before, a total of 22 nominations means an 8-7-7 split. Please explain how the scum could ever possibly fuck up such a thing under anything but the most extreme circumstances. If you choose to assume such circustances, please explain how the 3 nominee system makes it easier for them to fuck up than just randomizing everything.

Please don't answer this with general statements, I really feel this warrants actual math.
Let's call those votes A, B, and C.

You have 8 "A"s, 7 "B"s, 7 "C"s.

Now, let's assume for the sake of this that the three mafia members happen to get AB, AC, and BC. They could all switch to AB, which would cause this:

9 As,
8 Bs,
5 Cs.

Get it?
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:32 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

So we'll have 2 nominees out of the 3 most suspicious people. That's better than random in my book.

Other option I haven't thought through yet: We can we one "top" suspect at 7, and 3 other guys at 5 each or somethin'.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:32 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

EBDP: nah, second option is way too easy to fuck up. I still like the 3 nominees system, though.
Romanus
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:12 am

Post by Romanus »

I thought that less nominees is bad for the town.
Well, Romanus is a professional shit stirrer
-Valen85 (Newbie 383)
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:17 am

Post by Skruffs »

Mafia has soooooo much more power than town it's not funny. :P

The only way nominations will work is if we literally steamroller over mafia; they don't have enough power to finaglge nominations at this point if we work togehter. However, - and JDodge emphasized this point - how are you going to convince the proverbiail ABC to also vote for each other? If Romanus were A, he could annouce that he was going to target D, and the mafia (And B and C) could follow suit. Bamf, D is nominated. (2 + 1 + 1 + (2 or 3 of mafia depending on A - C's alignment) compared to ABC now getting 12 votes split between them, and average of four.

So the only way this works is if Townies also agree to be nominated. :P THis is getting so wacked out and twisted!! I love it even though I hate it too. It is helping me think tho :D
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:24 am

Post by JDodge »

The best plan in this situation is to not have a plan. Any plan we have will not end well.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:11 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Romanus wrote:I thought that less nominees is bad for the town.
You should really try listening to what the other guy/bunny may have to say.
Skruffs wrote:So the only way this works is if Townies also agree to be nominated.
I think good, mature townies should be willing to go along here. It's not like choosing
not
to nominate the two other most suspicious guys is gonna help them any, that'd just be screwing the town's plans to get back at us.
Dawg wrote:The best plan in this situation is to not have a plan. Any plan we have will not end well.
That is
never
the right line of thinking. Even if we choose to play it totally random, we should have a good rationale for doing so.
Cheesefan
Cheesefan
Goon
Cheesefan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:49 am

Post by Cheesefan »

JDodge wrote:The best plan in this situation is to not have a plan. Any plan we have will not end well.
True story.
"Of course, just because we've heard a spine-chilling, blood-curdling scream of the sort to make your very marrow freeze in your bones doesn't automatically mean there's anything wrong."
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:54 am

Post by JDodge »

Raging Rabbit wrote:
Dawg wrote:The best plan in this situation is to not have a plan. Any plan we have will not end well.
That is
never
the right line of thinking. Even if we choose to play it totally random, we should have a good rationale for doing so.
What? It's not the right line of thinking... unless it is? That makes no sense.
Cheesefan
Cheesefan
Goon
Cheesefan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:56 am

Post by Cheesefan »

Where did Jdodge say random RR?

I took it to mean what ive been saying for a while.

We shouldnt revel our nominations till the next day.

HE should still have reasons for making them though.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:01 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

The best plan in this situation is to not have a plan. Any plan we have will not end well.
You're not getting me here. Right now you and our Scottish friend here are basically saying "lets play it random because it's the simplest, probably also the most intuitive approach". I say, if we ever decide to play it random, it should
not
be done for these reasons but because we come to an informed decision that it
is
the best approach, not only the simplest. I personally think my 3 nominees system is the less dangerous course of action.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:04 am

Post by JDodge »

Raging Rabbit wrote:
You're not getting me here. Right now you and our Scottish friend here are basically saying "lets play it random because it's the simplest, probably also the most intuitive approach". I say, if we ever decide to play it random, it should
not
be done for these reasons but because we come to an informed decision that it
is
the best approach, not only the simplest. I personally think my 3 nominees system is the less dangerous course of action.
You assume too much. I'm not saying play it random, I'm saying play it without a preset plan for who nominates who.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:07 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Dawg wrote:You assume too much. I'm not saying play it random, I'm saying play it without a preset plan for who nominates who.
You're saying that because it's the simplest/most intuitive, not because you have some sort of mathematical proof that it's better than my plan.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:11 am

Post by JDodge »

Raging Rabbit wrote:
Dawg wrote:You assume too much. I'm not saying play it random, I'm saying play it without a preset plan for who nominates who.
You're saying that because it's the simplest/most intuitive, not because you have some sort of mathematical proof that it's better than my plan.
I'm saying that because a plan will corrupt too easily, and you'll end up with the scum steering the town around, that no plan would be better than not having one.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:31 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Dawg wrote:I'm saying that because a plan will corrupt too easily, and you'll end up with the scum steering the town around, that no plan would be better than not having one.
A'ight, please show me what makes "anarchy" less easily corrupted than my plan.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:35 am

Post by JDodge »

Raging Rabbit wrote:
Dawg wrote:I'm saying that because a plan will corrupt too easily, and you'll end up with the scum steering the town around, that no plan would be better than not having one.
A'ight, please show me what makes "anarchy" less easily corrupted than my plan.
I already showed you my proof. Remember when you asked for a mathematical reason as to why your plan does not work? There's my proof.
Maz Medias
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:22 am

Post by Maz Medias »

Maz Medias wrote:RR, your latest suggestion is once more blasted by the presence of power roles, or even simple mafia cunning. I'm standing by my position that revealing nominations is akin to planning night actions, which is always a bad plan in a normal game...
Please re-read this post.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:51 am

Post by Skruffs »

Raging Rabbit wrote:
You're not getting me here. Right now you and our Scottish friend here are basically saying "lets play it random because it's the simplest, probably also the most intuitive approach".
I don't think it would be random, persay. N1 was random because nobody had anything to go on. Tonight, if done secretly, will be based on people's suspicions / wanting to get rid of townies.

Sidenote : How will we decide who to nominate? Should we have some sort of voting to deicde who we are going to vote for tonight to decide who we are going to lynch tommorrow?

Let's take a vote.
Romanus
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:16 am

Post by Romanus »

I vote against telling the scum what we are going to do before we do it.
Well, Romanus is a professional shit stirrer
-Valen85 (Newbie 383)
Maz Medias
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:45 am

Post by Maz Medias »

Romanus wrote:I vote against telling the scum what we are going to do before we do it.
Same here.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”