Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:17 pm

Post by Adele »

MrBuddyLee wrote:Whoa, awkward silence.

The failure of folks to comment on the Glorkwagon is curious. Scum is clearly waiting with bated breath to see how things develop, regardless of Glork's alignment.

Pipe up, scum! Do you want him lynched or not?!
FOS
for lurk-encouragement
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:20 pm

Post by Mgm »

How is that lynch encouraging?
If he decides to vote and lynch people for talking, I'm pretty sure he won't survive that.
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:30 pm

Post by Mgm »

I just isolated CDB's posts and found them lacking. Are CDB's posts always this short and is he usually this lurky?
Show
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:49 pm

Post by Glork »

Confirm Vote: MGM[/b\
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:50 pm

Post by Glork »

Confirm Vote: MGM
, too.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:16 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Vote Count

Glork: 3 (Patrick Cogito Ergo Sum Mgm)
Mgm: 1 (Glork)
Thesp: 1 (MrBuddyLee)
Adele: 1 (Fritzler)
ChannelDelibird: 1 (Thesp)

Not voting: Adele ChannelDelibird Ether Nightfall Zindaras

Looking for 7 votes for a lynch!

144 hours and 16 minutes until deadline!
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:07 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Glork wrote:
Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Thesp: why aren't you voting for Glrok?
Thesp wrote:Actually, I don't really think
any
of the current votees are more likely to be scum.
Minor FoS: CES
I want a player-specific "why". His quote did not answer my question.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:10 pm

Thesp wrote:Why aren't you voting for ChannelDelibird?
See [530].

Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:43 pm

Post by Mgm »

Glork wrote:
Confirm Vote: MGM
, too.
:roll: What did you do that for?
Show
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:15 am

Post by Glork »

Because I'm more confident that you're scum now than I was before you made your previous two posts.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:22 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

As promised, here is a longish post, with my thoughts on posts I found relevant on Day 2.

---------------

Mgm's post 449: (more on the subject of Ether quotes) I do find those suspicious but I can't find their location in the thread to put them in proper context. Could you remind me?

Glork's post 464:
Glork wrote:That particular vote was me going a little overboard with the ridiculous behavior. I take full responsibility for its apparent scumminess.
If only we could all get away just by saying that. It's just not a justification or a reason for us to not be suspicious of you for it.

Adele's post 477 is good posting, brings up a valid point against Ether.

Thesp's post 509 - I have avoided this for a long time because it started early in the game where I believed it was intended merely to get a reaction from me, but it's good to see you finally actually voting for me rather than just innocently saying "CDB should die" every other post. He still doesn't actually give a reason for it, though, just "I'm leery of CDB".

MBL's post 522 - WTF? I told you I'd give you a longish post with my views, at 10:17 PM in my timezone. That's when I get ready to go to bed, so why you feel that just 2 and a half hours after that you need to say I am trying and failing to become more active is beyond me. Give me a chance to wake up, kthx.

Adele's post 525 - I can't see how you interpreted that as encouraging lurking.

Mgm's post 527 - Yes, my posts are usually shortish, and yes, I lurk a lot, particularly in larger games (which I intend to cut down on playing, with exceptions for games with awesome themes and invitationals).

---------

I'm sure there must be more I can pick up on in today's posts, perhaps I am rushing a little. What I did notice from doing this quick run-through was that Ether looks a bit scummy, although based on her Day 1 posting. Am looking forward to hearing more from her today.

My viewpoints at the moment:

Scummy

Thesp
Ether
Glork

Townish

Patrick
Zindaras

I Can't Get A Read On

CES, as always
Fritzler, as always
#greenshirtthursdays
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:03 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

I might not be able to post again until Tuesday - I'm sure you'll all be able to survive without me until then.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:43 am

Post by Glork »

This is interesting. And very strange.

Glork thinks MGM, Thesp, Ether, Adele, possibly CDB are scummy.
Thesp finds CDB scummiest.
Adele supports Glork's suspicions of Ether (though I find it odd that she's not voting for anybody... any reason for the lack of a vote, Adele?)
CDB find Ether, Thesp, and Glork scummy.
MGM finds Glork, CDB scummy.
Ether is gone for a couple more days, but I think I remember her suspecting MGM yesterday.

This is probably the strangest set of interactive suspicions I have ever seen. It actually makes me wonder if maybe the Mafia is just sitting back and letting a bunch of townies rip each other apart. At this point, I would currently guess that only 1-2 scumbags are in this group of six. To couple that, there are probably 1-2 lurkerscum amongst us.

Meanwhile, Zindaras and Nightfall can't be bothered to post, and Patrick has been useless since his early attack on me. And I'm still bothered by the fact that Adele is openly slinging around opinions (that seem to be borrowed from other players) but isn't terribly concerned with actually
doing anything
with that vote of hers. It's like she wants to see which set of suspicions develops the most. I halfway expect her to grab some posts from somewhere and go "yeah, Glork looks scummy!" since I seem to be the bandwagon of the hour.

To answer your point, CDB: I'm not asking you to not be suspicious of me for it, and I certainly don't expect to "get away" with anything. I simply acknowledge that it was scummy. I don't have a response or explanation of it... it is what it is. Do you have any other reasons to suspect me, or is it the fact that I made one bad vote partway through D1 and didn't try to make up some bullshit excuse?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:54 am

Glork wrote:To answer your point, CDB: I'm not asking you to not be suspicious of me for it, and I certainly don't expect to "get away" with anything. I simply acknowledge that it was scummy. I don't have a response or explanation of it... it is what it is.

Yeah, I figured as much. I don't find your response scummy so much as the initial vote, just felt I had to make it clear that your response didn't do you any good.
Glork wrote:Do you have any other reasons to suspect me, or is it the fact that I made one bad vote partway through D1 and didn't try to make up some bullshit excuse?
I also found your general D1 behaviour strange (I was sort of undecided as to whether it was scummy), as I believe I've mentioned before now. I don't often see you make silly/scummy mistakes, so the ones I do see from you I consider important, hence my problem specifically with the vote in question.
#greenshirtthursdays
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:02 am

Post by Patrick »

Damn Damn Damn.
I lost the entire post that I spent ages writing. I'll try to redo it as accurately as possible:
Let's get this deadline retracted. Here are my thoughts on every player, in alpabetical order.

Adele: I like the new avatar. Old one was decent too though. I still lean more towards scum than town. On day 1 she didn't do much, and I didn't like the hop on the voidybunns wagon. She's made one or two decent observations today, after being called out on it. Her last post was strange. I still feel as though sometimes she posts just to appear to be contributing.

ChannelDelibird: Seems more like a spectator than a player. I was going to suggest replacing him, but he just made a post before me. I don't find his post very inspiring though. He hasn't come up with much original content. I'll have to metagame him a bit, as we have little playhistory.

CES: I admit I'm partially relying on others who know him better. Seems bandwagonish. Voted Andrew and voted spectrumvoid, didn't really say why. Not sure how he might play as scum.

Ether: An interesting one. I agreed with most of her day 1 stances. However one or two ppl have posted some things that made me go back and look at her posts again. She somehow managed to put up a strong defence of Andrew while leaving some openings to change her mind. I thought the use of the word loathe was curious. I don't have a problem with what she said about Glork's FoS of IH because I agreed with it. I though IH was sucking up to Thesp, then quickly tried to look like he wasn't sucking up by expressing a really crap suspicion of Thesp. I did find Ether's Nightfall vote strange though. It seemed like she went out of her way to not vote Andrew, and only wanted to be associated with his lynch if she was hammering him to make a deadline. She needs to post today. I think she's on vacation though.

Fritzler: Not sure what to say about him. I noted that he defended Andrew very early on, "Andrew is not the play" then seemingly randomly attacked SV then later decided he was happy to vote Andrew afterall.

Glork: I didn't like his play on day 1. Today he's got his act together. I liked some of the analysis he's done and thing's he's said, they gave me a pro town vibe. Still one or two inconsistencies stick out, mainly the vote on Andrew that I mentioned, for which he has no explanation.
Unvote
though, I don't find him the scummiest.

MgM: I think the day 1 case against him was overstated. However, the defences he's used today for asking spectrumvoid to claim set off alarm bells with me. If you think someone is a powerole, you step up to defend them if needed. I am struggling to reconcile what MgM did with a pro town mindset. Interesting is how Adele said "Someone owes someone an apology, which seemed to be a way of avoiding taking a side. Last thing on Mgm is that his vote for Glork in post 465 felt strangely oppotunistic. More likely than average to be scum.

MBL: Has made some useful observations/analysis. I liked his thoughts on Thesp's playstyle. The only strange thing to me is the overemphasis on the early Thespwagon, which seemed to me nearly irrelevant. I don't think it was part of any special programme.

Nightfall: Earlier in the game I would have lumped him in with the non contributors. Since then he's said some things. I didn't much agree with the hammering down on AndrewS but I don't find Nightfall very scummy. His reasons for absence seemed genuine to me.

Thesp: Interesting. Took almost sadistic pleasure in taking apart some of Andrew's arguments yesterday. Never let up once. I disagree with his philosophy of just lynching the first guy you find scummy really quickly, but I've seen it before so I can't say it's surprising. What I haven't seen before from him, is the relative lameness of his day 2 suspicions. I agree that he seems to be laying low after spearheading the Andrew lynch yesterday.

Zindaras: Interesting also. I still found it strange that he suggested I was laying low on day 1 when he hadn't done much. Heavily attacked spectrumvoid on day 1, still not too sure why. I can actually agree with Thesp that something feels not quite right. It feels odd to accuse him of flying under the radar because he's made quite a few posts, but that's the feeling I get so I'm saying it anyway.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:08 am

Post by Patrick »

Also to add: I find Adele to be scummiest, though there are several others up there. I will
Vote: Adele.
This is actually an interesting game when I take a closer look at it.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:48 am

Glrok wrote:This is probably the strangest set of interactive suspicions I have ever seen. It actually makes me wonder if maybe the Mafia is just sitting back and letting a bunch of townies rip each other apart. At this point, I would currently guess that only 1-2 scumbags are in this group of six. To couple that, there are probably 1-2 lurkerscum amongst us.
So you think I'm pro-town?

MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:13 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Another post by CDB attempting to appear more active.

Thesp, you asked why I wasn't voting CDB, which is a bold, somewhat manipulative question for you to ask considering I'm currently voting for you. :) I caught CDB as scum via a cop investigation in another game but I sat back and watched his play rather than blurt out that I had a result. He was significantly manipulative in that game, and I see him as significantly passive in this game. My read on him is lazy town. My vote's on you because while you're passive as well, your behavior change indicates a desire for self-preservation rather than town preservation. I suppose CDB's does as well, but your D1-D2 shift is stark and inexplicable. His play is consistently slack.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:27 am

Post by Glork »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
Glrok wrote:This is probably the strangest set of interactive suspicions I have ever seen. It actually makes me wonder if maybe the Mafia is just sitting back and letting a bunch of townies rip each other apart. At this point, I would currently guess that only 1-2 scumbags are in this group of six. To couple that, there are probably 1-2 lurkerscum amongst us.
I'm reserving judgment on you for the time being. I do find you less likely to be scum than the other five people I named earlier, obviously. My list is currently MGM, then Thesp/Adele (they're pretty interchangable), then CDB, then Ether... Then most other players.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:28 am

Post by Glork »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
I'm reserving judgment on you for the time being. I do find you less likely to be scum than the other five people I named earlier, obviously. My list is currently MGM, then Thesp/Adele (they're pretty interchangable), then CDB, then Ether... Then most other players.

MBL wrote:Another post by CDB attempting to appear more active.
Two questions:
1) What is the difference between "being more active" and "trying to appear more active"?
2) How
exactly
does CDB fall into the latter category, as opposed to the former? Quote/Cite specific examples, please.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:29 am

MrBuddyLee wrote:Another post by CDB attempting to appear more active.

Thesp, you asked why I wasn't voting CDB, which is a bold, somewhat manipulative question for you to ask considering I'm currently voting for you. :) I caught CDB as scum via a cop investigation in another game but I sat back and watched his play rather than blurt out that I had a result. He was significantly manipulative in that game, and I see him as significantly passive in this game. My read on him is lazy town. My vote's on you because while you're passive as well, your behavior change indicates a desire for self-preservation rather than town preservation. I suppose CDB's does as well, but your D1-D2 shift is stark and inexplicable. His play is consistently slack.
Which game was that? I don't remember off the top of my head...

And I do want to make this clear - I am trying to post more
so that I can play a game of mafia
. I don't like lurking and it's the number 1 thing that annoys me most about my play. You're right, it has more to do with self-preservation, but a specific form. I don't want to get lynched for being a lurker. Eh, I'm not going to on and on about this, but I think you get the idea.
#greenshirtthursdays
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:29 am

Post by Glork »

Huh, strange. I thought my post didn't go through, so I decided to add the second part and post again. I guess the first one
did
go through, though. Oh wells.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:54 am

Glrok wrote:I'm reserving judgment on you for the time being. I do find you less likely to be scum than the other five people I named earlier, obviously. My list is currently MGM, then Thesp/Adele (they're pretty interchangable), then CDB, then Ether... Then most other players.
You misunderstood my question. You said you thought there were 1-2 scum in that group of six and 1-2 lurkerscum. Seeing as we only have 3 scum and I fit neither category, that suggests you think I'm town.

MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:34 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

CDB, the game was Wheel of Time.

Glork, I'd define active as not only posting, but posting substance. As an example, one is not active if they simply post a summary of events without analysis. That's trying to create the appearance of thoughtfulness and activity. Sometimes I find your manic play as an attempt to appear active, when actually you can coast through a day with that tactic and later explain it away as wily protown play instead of laziness. Sometimes you'll see Adele correct people's logic without making a statement on whether or not they're scummy--it's more conversational. Same concept.

CDB's posts don't appear to be hunting scum, or at the best, they're incomplete analyses that show limited curiosity. His reread categorizes the other eleven players according to his worldview, which is useful, except he leaves out MGM, Adele and me. At least two of those are people I see as somewhat in the spotlight. So we're left to wonder whether he's scum not truly curious about alignments or whether he's lazy town.

CES, why are you so focused on Glork's opinion of you? Your recent posts indicate you think he's scum, so wouldn't his opinion be moot in that case?
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:33 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

This game can't proceed without Ether. She's on many people's lists of suspicions, and letting her skate for an entire day without comment would give her a distinct advantage if she's scum.

I think discussion should continue, and we shouldn't narrow our prospects too far without hearing from her. Supposedly that'll be soon.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”