Ghyrt
Goon
Ghyrt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:59 pm

Post by Ghyrt »

Raging Rabbit wrote:<snip>
On another meta-note, Ghyrt, I'd like to ask you to silently withstand the severe problems you seem to have with my style and talk to me post-game. I really don't think you hating me personally should have anything to do with your opinion on my alignment. Thanks.
First of all, I don't hate you and I don't think about this issue in a personal way (Think about it in terms of my character thinking yours talks too much). Second of all, I think your posting tendencies have everything to do with the game. I agree that we shouldn't discuss it much further, but I doubt I'm the only one who minds all the quotes. You've stopped quoting so much and I thank you for it.
[i]"Rolling in the muck is not the best way of getting clean."
---Aldous Huxley[/i]
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:59 pm

Post by DeanWinchester »

Arggggggg

The graph helps. (Period)
Right now we have to be carfule how we use it, as the game progresess the info from the day one noms will be very helpfu.
Can I get that picture as my avatar? I LOVE it. :D
Skruffs argument was so Damn good I wanted to believe it over my Role PM, and nominate myself for being scum.

We need to figure out noms and vote. This day needs to get a little close to ending.
I say Nominate Ghryt and Jack. Jack because of the graph. Ghryt because he is scum. Romanus and Maz can wait.

Vote: cheesefan
His not tyrying to defend himself has me thinking he is the best one out of the current noms. And the graph has me atm thinking Jdodge is town.
Cheesefan
Cheesefan
Goon
Cheesefan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:53 pm

Post by Cheesefan »

DeanWinchester wrote:Arggggggg

Right now we have to be carfule how we use it, as the game progresess the info from the day one noms will be very helpfu.
Skruffs argument was so Damn good I wanted to believe it over my Role PM, and nominate myself for being scum.

We need to figure out noms and vote. This day needs to get a little close to ending.
I say Nominate Ghryt and Jack. Jack because of the graph. Ghryt because he is scum. Romanus and Maz can wait.

His not tyrying to defend himself has me thinking he is the best one out of the current noms. And the graph has me atm thinking Jdodge is town.
I dont like this post

"I say Nominate Ghryt and Jack. Jack because of the graph. Ghryt because he is scum. Romanus and Maz can wait."

Whats the case on Ghryt and dont nomitate based on the graph.

Id also really like Romanus up on the block tommorow, why do you think he can wait?
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:00 am

Post by JDodge »

DeanWinchester wrote:Arggggggg

Hello? You disagree with every arguement I've set forth, and you're voting for
Cheesefan
? Isn't that a bit counter-intuitive?

Why nominate Ghyrt? Why nominate Jack?
Romanus
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:21 am

Post by Romanus »

RR --- Let the martyrish Skruffs thing go, it has begun to stink of role hunting. Actually, it stunk of role hunting a long time ago.
Well, Romanus is a professional shit stirrer
-Valen85 (Newbie 383)
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:34 am

Post by Skruffs »

12 players with 3 scum means after each mislynch scum has more of an ability to force misnominations. I'm not so liking the 'scum lists'.. posts 316, and 318, together, seem to be setting things up to screw town in the morrow.

If scum knows who everyone is likely to be voting, and even knowing who is getting second place and third place, they can manipulate things in their own favor by adding votes and killing off least suspicious people, etc. This is basically why I discredited 'pre-nominating' people earlier in the game, but to be honest, it's all SO FRIGGING wifomy what the mafia will/won't do that it will be hard to figure things out.

On the other hand, maybe we should just do it and stop discrediting everything. Everything is a piece of info. But if we say who we want to nominate tonight, we won't be able to look at who everyone nominated tomorrow, or be able to validate what everyone says they did, because, once again, people could be lying.

Anyways because mafia has the quasi-ability to collectively eliminate and nominate things, I'm much more reluctant to think that Romanus is a pro-town role.
JDodge, I Think, is more likely than not pro town.
Cheesefan is more likely than not town, in my eyes.

I'm reluctant to say I think Jack or Ghyrt is protown.I'm reluctant to say I think dean or bunny is pro-town. I don't think yellowbounder is much of anything. But that doesn't mean they aren't, it's just where my opinions lie.

I don't like Ghyrt's stalling technique. He did it before with his nominations, going through the motions without saying who it was, and then again with his lists, agreeing we should but then conveninenetly leaving. I'm not saying he's not leaving or anything, but I'm looking at how long he had to post it, i see his agreement post and then his 'i'll be away post'.. it's not hard to put a huge list of people if you're honestly thinking it's a good idea.

I'd like T.C.S's opinion on things... he seems pretty not involved in this fiasco.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:43 am

Post by Jack »

The point behind the scum lists is that the scum have to make them too. In other games I've been in where they were used they have been quite useful in finding scum.

The thing we want to avoid is scum nominating whoever they want tonight and making up a reason for it tomorrow. If we force them to describe their suspicions tonight we force them to nominate from that list or at least not contradict it. Unless the mafia all post their list with the same top 2 they can't very well all nominate the same 2.

It also forces scum to talk about their scumbuddies which can trip up newbie scum sometimes.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:53 am

Post by Skruffs »

But how will you be able to 'force' them to vote based on who they think is suspicious? You can't. You already discredited last nights nominations as 'evidence', so how the hell are you going to do it tommorrow?
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:58 am

Post by Jack »

They can't just up and say nominated someone that was at the bottom of their list. Therefore they would have to lie. Forcing scum to lie is good.
Romanus
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:47 am

Post by Romanus »

But they just lie, and that's that. They say they nominated one set of people and just nominate someone else. Or, they say they are going to nominate people who are townies, and do it anyway and not have to worry about lying. The only way to do this is by forcing everyone to vote a certain way. Then when something goes wrong, we know who to blame.
-Valen85 (Newbie 383)
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:49 am

Post by Jack »

hmm I think we're making this more complicated than it is. We can just talk like normal and find a couple of people who are scummy, if there are enough townies who think so those people will get nominated.
Romanus
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:54 am

Post by Romanus »

I'm all for that as well
-Valen85 (Newbie 383)
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:17 am

Post by Skruffs »

Jack wrote:They can't just up and say nominated someone that was at the bottom of their list. Therefore they would have to lie. Forcing scum to lie is good.
Why would they have to? And if they did, how would anyone know? Scum are more than willing to lie, especially in situations where there's
no way
to catch them.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:37 am

Post by Skruffs »

I'm not trying to discourage sharing of information, but you can't have your cake and eat it too. You can't say we can't look at one thing because scum is lying, and then say we can do another thing because we would be able to catch scum lying. How will we catch scum lying tomorrow that we can't do today? That's what I am asking.
Cheesefan
Cheesefan
Goon
Cheesefan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:16 am

Post by Cheesefan »

I think the best way to handle this is to not openly state who we are GOING to nominate but give logical reasons AFTERWARDS.

Nominees should also post who they nominated before anyone else on a new day too as it will help in deciding who to lynch.

Unless people have something to ADD to the topic i suggest we leave it for a while.

Going round in circles makes it possible for scum to confuse us.
"Of course, just because we've heard a spine-chilling, blood-curdling scream of the sort to make your very marrow freeze in your bones doesn't automatically mean there's anything wrong."
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:28 pm

Post by Jack »

Skruffs wrote:I'm not trying to discourage sharing of information, but you can't have your cake and eat it too. You can't say we can't look at one thing because scum is lying, and then say we can do another thing because we would be able to catch scum lying. How will we catch scum lying tomorrow that we can't do today? That's what I am asking.
You're right. We should stop talking about the nominations and get back to standard mafia.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:32 am

Post by Skruffs »

Is that what you think I am suggesting, Jack?
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:40 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

While I'm still happy we have the garph since it didn't hurt the town in any way, I find it essentially useless atm. Too many ways it could've been fucked with, maybe after we know some people's alignment we'll have an easier time figuring things out. It shouldn't account for much in today's lynch choice imo.

Interesting (imho) suggestion
- after we're decided on today's lynch, but before pummeling the guy to death, we should also decide on
people for
everyone
to nominate. Everyone should be openly claim which of the 2 he's gonna nominate, so we can have a sure 7-7-6 split (11 people). That way, even if we lynch an innocent and all 3 (?) scum nominate the same guy, we're still pretty much guaranteed to have the chosen 3 nominated tommorow. If the mafia decides to NK one of tommorow's chosen nominess, we thank them for making our lynching choice that much easier by offing one of the most suspicious people.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:43 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Also, while we should really start concentrating more on today's lynch, I personally don't think it's harmful to decide on a future nomination policy first.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:32 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Ghyrt wrote:
Raging Rabbit wrote:<snip>
On another meta-note, Ghyrt, I'd like to ask you to silently withstand the severe problems you seem to have with my style and talk to me post-game. I really don't think you hating me personally should have anything to do with your opinion on my alignment. Thanks.
First of all, I don't hate you and I don't think about this issue in a personal way (Think about it in terms of my character thinking yours talks too much). Second of all, I think your posting tendencies have everything to do with the game. I agree that we shouldn't discuss it much further, but I doubt I'm the only one who minds all the quotes. You've stopped quoting so much and I thank you for it.
Your earlier post were pure slander that had absolutely nothing to do with your opinion on my alignment. If you want to critisize my style, there are a 100 more pleasant ways to do so. I too do not wish to discuss this further atm, though.
Maz Medias
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:14 am

Post by Maz Medias »

RR, your latest suggestion is once more blasted by the presence of power roles, or even simple mafia cunning. I'm standing by my position that revealing nominations is akin to planning night actions, which is always a bad plan in a normal game...
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:18 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Maz Medias wrote:RR, your latest suggestion is once more blasted by the presence of power roles, or even simple mafia cunning. I'm standing by my position that revealing nominations is akin to planning night actions, which is always a bad plan in a normal game...
I think it's safe to say the balance of 7-6-6 is strong enough to be safe from any scum tampering it. I also think it's much safer than leaving everything to chance, which only goes to make it easier for the mafia to spoil our plans.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:22 am

Post by JDodge »

Raging Rabbit wrote:
Maz Medias wrote:RR, your latest suggestion is once more blasted by the presence of power roles, or even simple mafia cunning. I'm standing by my position that revealing nominations is akin to planning night actions, which is always a bad plan in a normal game...
I think it's safe to say the balance of 7-6-6 is strong enough to be safe from any scum tampering it. I also think it's much safer than leaving everything to chance, which only goes to make it easier for the mafia to spoil our plans.
Not exactly.

You assume that all scum will nominate the same person.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:24 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

How else could they interfere?
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:25 am

Post by JDodge »

Raging Rabbit wrote:How else could they interfere?
Easy. The town can delegate who votes for whom amongst themselves during the day.

The scum can delegate who votes for whom amongst themselves during the night
with no way of the town knowing who's doing what

You cannot assume they'll vote as a block.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”