Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:25 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Hot water on a griddle.
Scotmany, you wanted to lynch our doctor, you sided with scum on the cop issue, jumped on Mayhem, didnt explain it other than "after examining Mayhem's post I have come to a decision", then you say that you have no defense for voting Mayhem. Now you're trying to vote me for opposing first the scummy plan, and then for opposing Pablito. Why do I think Pablito tried to have me lynched? 1: I was going after his scumbuddy pretty hard. 2: I think he might have thought omg had me pegged for a power role because of the vote swapping they were engaging in over me. I refuse to confirm or deny it, as if there is a Godfather, either he would get a confirm by direct claim, or be able to make an educated guess by process of elimination.

Posting the quote in case you forgot where you advocated killing our Doc in the middle of a 2 cop claim.
scotmany12 wrote:So we have two people claiming cops. This is big. As much as we need to focus on that, I think we are forgetting that omg claimed doc, and he was not killed. In my eyes, he is either doctor or scum. As I see it, there are three possible lynches for tonight. We can lynch one of the two "cops" or omg and see if he really is the doc.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:40 pm

Post by Jack »

That's especially significant given the mafia's decision not to kill omg.

And scot, pablito and adele didn't really go after eachother hard. They did go after omg hard. So why does pablitos going after ecto make ecto guilty?
Hemisphere Dancer
Hemisphere Dancer
Goon
Hemisphere Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:50 pm

Post by Hemisphere Dancer »

Scot, HD did not vote for M4yhem because somehow HD managed to get distracted long enough to miss an entire in-game day.

And there are a lot of possibilities as to what went on last night.

(1) Lucky Roleblocker
(2) Smart Nurse-now-Doc; probably protected Jack since he's confirmed as cop.
(3) Scum chose not to kill;
mod
, is that an option in this game?
(4) Our friendly neighborhood mod is playing with us. D:

Yama, if you don't mind I'll be stealing your list of players.

Ectomancer
- Possibly Pro-Town, as pablito did his best to convince us of his guilt. Also possibly scum, as pablito did his best to convince us of his guilt. A scum claiming doc and accusing a scumbuddy of being scum is an interesting play- if the accuser is lynched, the other is nearly guaranteed "innocent;" if the accusee is lynched, the accuser is locked in as cop, at least for that turn. Unconventional, but it can be pulled off.
Hemisphere Dancer
- Me. Hi. Definately Pro-Town. Stupid, but Pro-Town.
Yamahako
- Claimed Deputy; With the speculation from last game that there would be one, it's actually a pretty dang good plan to claim a slightly more obscure role like this. Possibly scum, but not likely enough to warrent a vote. Yama, if you end up scum, you have a pair of v. large ones.
M4yhem
- Confirmed vanilla; Possibly Godfather
Jack
- Confirmed Cop
Kenji
- Claimed vanilla
scotmany12
- looks scummy to me. After Ecto posted that quote, I figured... um, well, a claimed cop usually IS either cop or scum. In rare cases a very stupid townie might claim a false powerrole to keep from being lynched, but not usually. The fact also remains that in the middle of a double cop claim he reminds us of our dear friend the claimed doctor. Trying to change the subject- if not scummy, at least anti-town.

...I'm actually going to
vote:scotmany12
here. I believe I just convinced myself. Odd.
Shameless fangirl and full-blooded Parrothead (in training)

~Call me Kitty. It's better than Bob.
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:06 pm

Post by Arafax »

Vote Count

Scotmany : 3 (M4yhem, Jack, HemisphereDancer)

Ectomancer: 1 (Scotmany)
HemisphereDancer wrote:(3) Scum chose not to kill;
mod
, is that an option in this game?
Yes, that is an option.
"I will wait for you forever...If you would just ask me"
- Emery
Hemisphere Dancer
Hemisphere Dancer
Goon
Hemisphere Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:17 pm

Arafax wrote: Yes, that is an option.
Thank you!

With this option now open, scum could have used this no-night-kill to confuse the heck out of us. At this point we have one left; this one could have chosen not to kill tonight to set up a roleblocker claim for later. It would, for at least today, keep them out of the fire.

So yeah, that's a possibility. I can't see how that'd be helpful to scum, but it could definately buy time. It would probably have been better to have waited a day or two if this tactic actually was used, that way the town-to-scum ratio would have gone down at least a bit.

But I'm still kinda feeling the scot lynch. ^^;

Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:03 pm

Post by Jack »

I don't think the mafia would choose no kill. I'm confirmed cop, yamahako is not confirmed deputy--they could argue against him.

HD, what did you mean with the scum claiming doc part in Ecto's description?
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:36 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Well since you guys aren't listening to me I have to do this now. I'm the nurse. If it wasn't for me, Jack would be dead right now. And now if we don't get the right pick today, I will most likely be killed. Really did not want to claim. Still think Ectomancer is the right pick here.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:41 pm

Post by Jack »

ok.
unvote

I think claiming is actually worthwhile. We still have 2 investigations and we have another confirmed innocent.

Vote:M4yhem

put your vote back on m4 for now scot, don't want to leave you in the lead.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:47 pm

Post by Jack »

So we have:

Jack:confirmed cop
Yamahako:deputy
scotmany: nurse

Kenji: vanilla townie pm thing
HD: doesn't ping scumdar
Ecto: An early suspect of mine, but his explanation made sense and his posts aren't scummy. Interaction with pablito, but pablito didn't hop off when he easily could have and started right off on him day 2. Would make ecto scummy, but I don't think pab was prepared for cop claim, it took him too long to come up with a counterclaim.
M4yhem: I think he's the godfather
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:47 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Ok.
Unvote, Vote: M4yhem
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:56 pm

Post by Jack »

Good. still 50/50 though, if any of you others stop by put m4 in the lead.

I don't think my investigations are much use anymore. The cop, after claiming, gets 3 guaranteed investigations assuming that all the other power roles are revealed. That's really harsh for the mafia. There basically has to be a godfather. So I don't think the innocent result on m4yhem increases his odds of being innocent.
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:26 pm

Post by Yamahako »

Hemisphere Dancer wrote:
Arafax wrote: Yes, that is an option.
Thank you!

With this option now open, scum could have used this no-night-kill to confuse the heck out of us. At this point we have one left; this one could have chosen not to kill tonight to set up a roleblocker claim for later. It would, for at least today, keep them out of the fire.

So yeah, that's a possibility. I can't see how that'd be helpful to scum, but it could definately buy time. It would probably have been better to have waited a day or two if this tactic actually was used, that way the town-to-scum ratio would have gone down at least a bit.

But I'm still kinda feeling the scot lynch. ^^;
The Roleblocker claim, at this point, would only give the scum one day - so it would only work in Lynch or Lose. I might even go as far as to say if we don't hear a roleblocker claim today I'm tempted to auto-consider that person scum.

A Godfather is the only logical reason for a scum to not kill last night - as they would hope Jack would confirm them innocent. Having "2" cops would definitly be balanced with a Godfather.

I just think we've got another power role in here though - Nurse shouldn't claim - but I'd like to hear from everyone if you are a roleblocker (well except Kenji, Jack and me who have already claimed - and M4yhem who I assume as claimed - but can't be certain).
I'm suspicious - in every sense of the word.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:47 pm

Post by Jack »

err I think you missed something yamahako
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:54 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

You know, I dont buy the convenient role claim of Nurse when our entire view of the role layout has been speculation. Honestly, I completely expected a claim of Nurse from Scotmany after the pressure. What Im not hearing is anything from M4yhem. Are you not going to defend yourself? No offense Jack, your scumdar was on 2/2, but to get 3/3 and the Godfather on 3rd investigate? We've been seriously lucky, but like I said, an innocent result when we suspect Godfather does not mean guilt.
M4yhem, I think it's time for a claim.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:45 pm

Post by Yamahako »

Jack wrote:err I think you missed something yamahako
Yeah I opened the reply way before I wrote mine, and I didn't go back to read till now.

If scot is telling the truth, I see it being between HD and M4yhem. It's not ecto, Pablito is a strong player - but with 3 mafia members and knowing Adele and Pablito weren't Godfathers, it wouldn't have made sense for Pablito to give up the GF to be lynched. Pablito would have named Adele as the other mafia member if he was trying to get us to lynch jack (hoping we'd rather risk a potential townie to test out the cop rather than to lynch the cop). Pablito had to counter claim, and he had 2 choices - give up a mafia member in order to legitimize his claim (and thus take out 2 townies before he died, a very good trade), or not give up his scum mate and try and take out one townie before he dies. I think he made the play to single out a townie rather than risk a partner - especially one that would have had to be the Godfather.

I consider Ecto cleared at this point - no logic points to him being mafia from the viewpoint of the actions of Pablito under those circumstances (where we assume we have a GF - which is a good assumption).

That leaves M4yhem and HD, both of which I have very little read on - but I have faith in Jack's scumdar
Unvote, Vote M4yhem
I'm suspicious - in every sense of the word.
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:04 am

Post by Arafax »

Vote Count

Scotmany : 2 (M4yhem, HemisphereDancer)

M4yhem : 3 (Scotmany, Jack, Yamahako)
- Emery
Hemisphere Dancer
Hemisphere Dancer
Goon
Hemisphere Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:34 am

unvote:scotmany
Claims are starting to get confusing.

And when I typed "doc" in Ecto's description I meant "cop." D: Sorry for any confusion.

As for M4yhem, the arguments about him being Godfather are starting to sound more and more plausible. I also have faith in Jack's scumdar. So a
vote:M4yhem
from me.

M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:46 am

Post by M4yhem »

Hey! Wait a minute! Have you all gone completly freaking insane?

What have I done that makes me so scummy that even being cleared by a cop investigation isn't good enough? I don't remember anyone making a case against me or suspecting me before, but suddenly you're all voting for me- why?
At least make a case that I can argue against, please.

Jack- you never answered my question- What made you think me worth investigating? Is there anything you want me to explain?

Ectomancer- I claimed yesterday because I thought the game was over. I'm a vanilla townie, nothing more. No great loss to you. Still, I'd really prefer to stay alive, thank you very much.

On the Godfather- I'm going to use Ocham's razor here. 'the simplest explanation is usually the best.' The simplest explanation for Jack getting an innocent on me is because I am innocent. If there
is
a godfather, there's no reason it has to be me.

Jack- you are being a little irrational here. Seems like you are twisting the facts to fit the story you want, for some reason, to believe. No-one likes being wrong, I know, but that's not a good reason to lynch me.

Yamahako- A godfather is the only logical reason for scum not to kill
the cop
last night, but they could have killed someone else and the godfather-clearing plan would still work.
That's why I think the most likely explanation is that someone missed the deadline.

I still think Scot is scum. I think he claimed nurse because he know how much people hate lynching doctors and because he can use emotional blackmail on Jack: 'I saved your life, you can't lynch me' that sort of thing.

Nurse+Doc+Cop+Deputy vs three scum, possible godfather= overpowered town in my opinion.

Okay, I've done my best. Deadline's a coming. I suggest you unvote me. I'd like to see Scot lynched for his flip-flopping ways but if none of you will lynch a claimed nurse, we can always no-lynch and have scot investigated.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:54 am

Post by scotmany12 »

M4yhem, noone missed the deadline. I came back to check before the deadline was over the night and the day has started. I'm the nurse. I protected Jack. Still, I'm not entirely convinced on you being the godfather. Kenji, though most likely town, hasn't posted in a while and could be lurking. I still have suspicions on ecto, and HD I just don't know about. Maybe, possibly, there is not a deputy and yamahako is scum. All of these possibilities are flying through my head right now and I don't know which one seems more logical.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:26 am

Post by Jack »

M4yhem, I think you're scum and find scotmany's claim entirely believable. Not much else to say.
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:35 am

Post by Arafax »

Vote Count

Scotmany : 1 (M4yhem)

M4yhem : 4 (Scotmany, Jack, Yamahako, HemisphereDancer)
- Emery
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:05 am

Post by M4yhem »

Jack, I'm town. I know giving the town two scum on a platter gives you a lot of leeway to behave badly, but will you please give me a reason for suspecting me?

How do you expect me to defend myself with no case to argue against?

How come you let scot off scot-free when he claims nurse but even an innocent result isn't enough to clear me? What have I done?

Now look, at the moment town looks like this:
Jack- obviously cop.
Yamahako- claimed deputy, no supporting evidence
Scotmany- claimed nurse, lack of night kill is a possible support for roles exsistance, no counter-claim
Kenji- claimed townie, knew 'the magic word'
M4yhem- claimed townie, cleared by cop investigation.
Ecotmancer- strongly attacked by Pablito, unclaimed.
HD-unclaimed, no special evidence for innocence.

On the basis of that, I will
unvote, Vote: Hemisphere Dancer

Is there anyone who can confirm Kenji's claim that a certain word is in bold in the townie pm?
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:13 am

Post by Jack »

You aren't cleared.

Kenji was confirmed by riverwind.

You're just desperately searching for alternative candidates. If you were town, and especially since you say no godfather, you'd believe our win was almost guaranteed.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:33 am

Post by Jack »

M4yhem wrote:
Is there anyone who can confirm Kenji's claim that a certain word is in bold in the townie pm?
lollll you just admitted you weren't townie.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:42 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Jack wrote:
M4yhem wrote:
lollll you just admitted you weren't townie.
:!:

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”