Newbie 1397 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:15 am

Post by DeasVail »

Vote Count 2.14

NicCage (3)- homertve, Wilma, Sakura Hana
Slaine Hayes (2)- NicCage, Thor665
Sakura Hana (1)- Nani

Not voting: Slaine Hayes, Dyslexicon

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

V/LA

homertve- Until 30th July

Deadline

1st August, 9pm AEST. This is in (expired on 2013-08-01 07:00:00).
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:18 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

If you show me a Town game and a Scum game of his to compare then I might agree with you, but you haven't so your meta read is biased.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:25 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 751, Sakura Hana wrote:If you show me a Town game and a Scum game of his to compare then I might agree with you, but you haven't so your meta read is biased.
Do you think he's playing different than the viewable meta in those town games?
If 'yes' why do you think he changed his observable town meta here?
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:37 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

I don't have any idea, but I do know myself I become either more aggresive or more passive depending on the other players, so I don't want to say he's scum just because he's playing differently than on his town game.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:38 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Not to mention that he could've lurked more because he's a Town PR and wanted to avoid attention, there are quite a lot of possibilities that it could be, hence why biasing over one town game of his is pretty unfair.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:48 am

Post by Thor665 »

But if you think as town he tends to do 'this' and then in this game he isn't doing 'this' why is the meta so objectionable to you?
You may disagree with the core conclusion, but I fail to see an evil misrep from Nic in that case.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:57 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

because we can't know whether he's trying something different or he's scum, if he has a scum game in which he behaves like this then yeah that's interesting meta, instead we should just focus on whether his play in this game is scummy or not rather than using meta at all.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:02 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Or maybe i'm just being moved by it because someone did the same thing to me when I was town.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
NicCage
NicCage
Mafia Scum
NicCage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:13 am

Post by NicCage »

The guy who did it to you was town so somehow this seems like a bad excuse. If you think I'm wrong you think I'm wrong, but I fail to see how it makes me scum from your perspective. Especially since:
In post 661, Sakura Hana wrote:After nic's case, i'm going homer.
You agreed with my in-game case. So... Everything you're doing makes no sense.

See how I read that thing you posted, to see if you were telling the truth, rather than just assuming you were right or wrong.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:25 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

I still feel your meta case on him is biased.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Slaine Hayes
Slaine Hayes
Goon
Slaine Hayes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:08 pm

Post by Slaine Hayes »

Sorry for the absence folks. I agree with Thor on the need for discussion. I am re-reading and will be placing a vote in the near future.
Slaine Hayes
Slaine Hayes
Goon
Slaine Hayes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:35 pm

Post by Slaine Hayes »

Thor: You seem convinced that I am scum and are trying to convince others to vote me for apparently no reason other than I am "useless". I'd like to know why you think I a scum with a better argument.

Dys/Nic: I really can't explain my reasoning for hammering raptor any better than I already have. You can believe me or not believe me.

I agree that Nic's case against homer has more valid points that just meta. I think when I pressured him to talk more and scum hunt at the beginning of Day 2 he may have altered his playstyle as a result of pressure.

The fight with Sakura and Nani has devolved into a bunch of shenanigans. IF one of them is scum, I would have to go with Nani for being rather over-defensive.

Nic: If you still support a homer lynch, why are you still voting me?

I still support a homer lynch. The next best in my opinion would be Thor for his lack of reasoning for voting me and attempting to get others to do so.

I'm not sold on Nani being scum, but I guess I'll put her down for my third choice.

vote: homertve

Everyone: I am male. I was confused when people said "her" and then realized they were referring to me. So umm... Fun fact.
NicCage
NicCage
Mafia Scum
NicCage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:30 pm

Post by NicCage »

Most of the time I don't think about moving it, but really I'm just kinda up in the air. I mean, having a homer scum flip would make me more sure about you, but the more I think about it, the way that lynch was gonna go down it could be either you, Nani or Sakura, in that order. Something about you just irks me. Your behavior at the end of the day was just weird, and overall you've been sort of bleh, like homer. No strong pushes, I feel like your questions aren't connected to any kind of points or strategy. Definitely didn't like your interaction with Sakura, it had a busywork feel to it. Plus I could see you being scum with so many people, which to me translates to I might be wrong about your partner, but not you. Of course, I could be wrong about you as well.

Also I just really wish homer was here, the turd. I know he has logged on as of yesterday.
In post 759, Sakura Hana wrote:I still feel your meta case on him is biased.
Well you aren't going to lynch me, especially over such a weak point, so where do you stand otherwise?
Wilma
Wilma
Goon
Wilma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:18 pm

Post by Wilma »

In post 742, Thor665 wrote:
In post 732, Wilma wrote:
In post 707, Thor665 wrote: What I mean is 'I'm pretty sure both scum weren't on the Day 1 wagon'
Dyslexicon was holding to the Homer wagon and Justice (my slot) was AWOL at the time. Nic wasn't on the wagon at hammertime either, though he did hop onto it, twice.
Yes.
And?
You said you were pretty sure there was one scum off the wagon, but I didn’t know if you’d read what happened back then to see what happened. And it seemed like you’d left Nic out of those off the wagon, though yes, he did try to get on it. There might have been one scum off but I imagine both scum could have pushed their way onto it easily enough too. There could also have been two scum in the three who were off the wagon, but I don’t think so, one, maybe. Not that any of that speculation helps anything. Just something to keep an eye on I suppose.

You’ve given Homer as likely town before. Is that still the case?

@Nic. I didn’t notice the time extension you mentioned because the timer is now dead. That extension just before lynch deadline changed things didn’t it? It explains why you were so confident that Homer would be lynched as he was at L1, then the extension gave Homer the chance to point the finger at new replacement GamerRaptor and start a wagon on him instead. If not for the extension, Homer would probably be dead. Time will tell whether it was a good thing or a bad thing for town that Homer escaped the lynch. What do you think?

I think there’s likely to be scum among Nic/Homer/Slaine with Slaine being least scummy to me at this stage.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:23 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 761, Slaine Hayes wrote:Thor: You seem convinced that I am scum and are trying to convince others to vote me for apparently no reason other than I am "useless". I'd like to know why you think I a scum with a better argument.
Don't think i need one.
Wilma/Justice looks like town.
I don't think scum Nic would go out of his way to try to fake a hammer on town - no real gain to it.
Therefore I think you're scum.
In post 763, Wilma wrote:You’ve given Homer as likely town before. Is that still the case?
It's not like he's been around to change my opinion, so yes.
In post 763, Wilma wrote:I think there’s likely to be scum among Nic/Homer/Slaine with Slaine being least scummy to me at this stage.
Are these just randomly your top three scumreads, or is there a deeper logic behind the list?
Slaine Hayes
Slaine Hayes
Goon
Slaine Hayes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:39 pm

Post by Slaine Hayes »

In post 764, Thor665 wrote:
In post 761, Slaine Hayes wrote:Thor: You seem convinced that I am scum and are trying to convince others to vote me for apparently no reason other than I am "useless". I'd like to know why you think I a scum with a better argument.
Don't think i need one.
Wilma/Justice looks like town.
I don't think scum Nic would go out of his way to try to fake a hammer on town - no real gain to it.
Therefore I think you're scum.

What are you talking about? What does anything having to do with Nic and fake hammer have to do with me being scum?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:04 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I have discussed that already in thread at least twice.
Which parts confuse you?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:04 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I'm going to go ahead and lob 'not reading thread' as another reason people should sheep me on Slaine.
Slaine Hayes
Slaine Hayes
Goon
Slaine Hayes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:13 pm

Post by Slaine Hayes »

I am absolutely baffled that you would call on others to vote me for "not reading the thread" when you have stated numerous times you have not and will not do the same yourself.

And, as far as I can tell, you haven't mentioned how Nic's pseudo-hammer (which I thought we were already over as an honest mistake) paints me as scum.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:25 pm

Post by Thor665 »

1. I'm honest about what I've read and haven't read. WOuld you like to admit to not reading the thread? Is that where this is going?

2. I described why I think it paints him as town...and then that paints you as scum. And, yes, I've discussed that multiple times. I even discussed it about a page or two ago, so...y'know...work on the fake reading a bit.
Slaine Hayes
Slaine Hayes
Goon
Slaine Hayes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:31 pm

Post by Slaine Hayes »

I have read the thread, and still haven't the faintest idea what you are referring to. If your accusations are along the same lines as those as Dys and Nic, then I'll just add you to the group of you can believe me or not. I really can't argue my point any better than it has already been said. And if I am lynched for that reason....heh, well, the town is in some serious trouble.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:14 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Dys isn't voting you and I am not sheeping Nic's reasons.
Wilma
Wilma
Goon
Wilma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:44 pm

Post by Wilma »

In post 764, Thor665 wrote:
In post 763, Wilma wrote:I think there’s likely to be scum among Nic/Homer/Slaine with Slaine being least scummy to me at this stage.
Are these just randomly your top three scumreads, or is there a deeper logic behind the list?
These three have thrown the most accusations at each other and called each other scum in no uncertain terms. I figure they all can’t be wrong and so there is likely at least one scum among them. Their suspicions of each other aren’t going to go away, so not a good idea to ignore all their accusations I don’t think. We could look elsewhere but it seems like a better than odds on chance that scum is among it all.

Where? I don’t know, but am leaning Nic at the moment for reasons given earlier. When Homer is back from V/LA, we should see what he has to say.

@Mod
, I will be absent for about a day and a half. If that doesn’t need notice to be given, I’ll just let everyone else know now. Back in plenty of time for deadline.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:59 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

My townread on Slaine is weakening due to his previous interactions with Thor. Looks like scum getting nervous and not knowing how to defend himself.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:18 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 772, Wilma wrote:When Homer is back from V/LA, we should see what he has to say.
He is scheduled to show up basically just the day before deadline - why should we wait till then to try to solve this problem?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”