Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:02 pm

Post by Raging Rabbit »

God wrote:No, players may not nominate themselves.
I'll return to my martyr-ism=scummy theory, then.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:09 pm

Post by Jack »

I've seen it done by both town and scum. I haven't played with skruffs before so I can't really say.

I don't think I've seen anyone offer themselves without a few votes on them though. Could be scumtactic, I'm certainly leaning to a cheesefan lynch for today (skruffs isn't risking much), but I don't think we should make too much out of it.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:18 pm

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Jack wrote:I've seen it done by both town and scum. I haven't played with skruffs before so I can't really say.

I don't think I've seen anyone offer themselves without a few votes on them though. Could be scumtactic, I'm certainly leaning to a cheesefan lynch for today (skruffs isn't risking much), but I don't think we should make too much out of it.
Not only was he under no pressure of votes, everyone seemed the find him the most pro town-ish.

I personally favor JDodge thus far, for a steady stream of not-too-logical plays. Skruffs may be scummier for the martyr thing alone but I prefer keeping him alive atm since he's gonna have to keep being an asset to the town if he wants to look consistent. Cheesefan's completely neutral in
my book.

Not gonna vote yet, though, no reason to start pushing for the day to end before we're all finished figuring out our nomination policy.
Ghyrt
Ghyrt
Goon
Ghyrt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:09 pm

Post by Ghyrt »

@Raging Rabbit: What specifically do you find unlogical about JDodge? To me, his posts seem objective and non-commital. Why are you asserting that there is a general consesus that Skruffs is useful?
[i]"Rolling in the muck is not the best way of getting clean."
---Aldous Huxley[/i]
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:29 pm

Post by DeanWinchester »

My head hearts with the rapid rate of posting. :oops:
I think out of the four poeple we can vote for it should not be skruffs or RagingRabbit. Although Rabbit might be onto somthing with skruffs.
So is the concensus we should or should discuss are nominations for tomorow?

Raging Rabbit Can I get you to open up your third eye and put it on me? :D
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:37 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Ghyrt wrote:@Raging Rabbit: What specifically do you find unlogical about JDodge? To me, his posts seem objective and non-commital.
My sincere apologies for not being bothered to check back right now. A not necessarily comprehensive list:

First of all, the "let's make this game Limited Lynch Mafia, we can't possibly risk mislynching" argument he's been pushing pretty hard sucks bad and hurts the town. Second, I strongly dislike his ad homini-cious "There's just obviously something
WRONG
about Raging Rabbit, can't you people see it?!" post. Third, I dislike the contradiciton between his earlier sharing his nominations to his current "no misleading info" BS - while it's certainly possible for people the change their minds, I just don't get why he never bothered to say he's changed his mind IIRC, and his earlier attack on me for missing his contradicition makes no sense.
Skruffs wrote: Why are you asserting that there is a general consesus that Skruffs is useful?
Again I'm not gonna check back atm, but I seem to recall quite a few people other than me commenting on Skruffs' pro-townishness. Also, I just think that unless his way of discerning information from the nominations list proves a complete dud, he's pretty objectively the most useful player atm.
DW wrote:My head hearts with the rapid rate of posting.
You and me both, bud.
DW wrote:I think out of the four poeple we can vote for it should not be skruffs or RagingRabbit.
How can you possibly suspect the infallible RagingRabbit?! (Seriously though, why?)
DW wrote:So is the concensus we should or should discuss are nominations for tomorow?
That's certainly the bunny consensus, but I'd certainly like to hear some non-bunny opinions on this.
DW wrote:Raging Rabbit Can I get you to open up your third eye and put it on me?
Sorry, I'm having enough trouble dealing with the social stereotypes of being cross eyed as it is. A three eyed cross eye should seriously like never ever leave his house.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:42 am

Post by JDodge »

Raging Rabbit wrote:
Ghyrt wrote:@Raging Rabbit: What specifically do you find unlogical about JDodge? To me, his posts seem objective and non-commital.
My sincere apologies for not being bothered to check back right now. A not necessarily comprehensive list:

First of all, the "let's make this game Limited Lynch Mafia, we can't possibly risk mislynching" argument he's been pushing pretty hard sucks bad and hurts the town. Second, I strongly dislike his ad homini-cious "There's just obviously something
WRONG
about Raging Rabbit, can't you people see it?!" post. Third, I dislike the contradiciton between his earlier sharing his nominations to his current "no misleading info" BS - while it's certainly possible for people the change their minds, I just don't get why he never bothered to say he's changed his mind IIRC, and his earlier attack on me for missing his contradicition makes no sense.
I'm worried that people might use the information incorrectly. What we stand to lose from people manipulating the results to their favor outweighs what we can gain from having said info.

I changed my mind; is that illegal now?
Raging Rabbit wrote:
Skruffs wrote: Why are you asserting that there is a general consesus that Skruffs is useful?
Again I'm not gonna check back atm, but I seem to recall quite a few people other than me commenting on Skruffs' pro-townishness. Also, I just think that unless his way of discerning information from the nominations list proves a complete dud, he's pretty objectively the most useful player atm.
I can't agree that any player is any more useful than the other at the moment.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:12 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

JDodge wrote:I'm worried that people might use the information incorrectly. What we stand to lose from people manipulating the results to their favor outweighs what we can gain from having said info.

Damn, I'm such an idiot.
My former list refers to MM, not JDodge
. I find it odd you didn't notice that yourself, though.

Ghyrt luv, about JDodge - it's just a stream of possibly-town-but-nonetheless-wrong stuff. He's not that much below neutral in my book, I just wanted to say which way I was leaning.
JDodge wrote:I can't agree that any player is any more useful than the other at the moment.
I would say the math whizz.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:14 am

Post by JDodge »

Raging Rabbit wrote:
JDodge wrote:I'm worried that people might use the information incorrectly. What we stand to lose from people manipulating the results to their favor outweighs what we can gain from having said info.

Damn, I'm such an idiot.
My former list refers to MM, not JDodge
. I find it odd you didn't notice that yourself, though.

Ghyrt luv, about JDodge - it's just a stream of possibly-town-but-nonetheless-wrong stuff. He's not that much below neutral in my book, I just wanted to say which way I was leaning.
I would say the same about everything you've said thus far.
Raging Rabbit wrote:
JDodge wrote:I can't agree that any player is any more useful than the other at the moment.
I would say the math whizz.
I would say that the math will be misleading and easily manipulated.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:37 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

JDodge wrote:I would say the same about everything you've said thus far.
I would say you should probably back that up somehow.
JDodge wrote:I would say that the math will be misleading and easily manipulated.
I would say you really need to reserve your judgment about said math until you actually have it.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:38 am

Post by JDodge »

Raging Rabbit wrote:
JDodge wrote:I would say the same about everything you've said thus far.
I would say you should probably back that up somehow.
I would say you should back up your claims as well.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:42 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

I'd say I already have.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:46 am

Post by JDodge »

Raging Rabbit wrote:I'd say I already have.
As have I.

Of course, neither of us can prove anything on this as it's a difference of opinion as opposed to difference of fact at the moment.
Maz Medias
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:06 am

Post by Maz Medias »

Raging Rabbit wrote:My sincere apologies for not being bothered to check back right now. A not necessarily comprehensive list:

First of all, the "let's make this game Limited Lynch Mafia, we can't possibly risk mislynching" argument he's been pushing pretty hard sucks bad and hurts the town.
When have I made this the specific argument? The game's setup allows for the initial narrowing of the lynch candidates to made at night and with greater flexibility. It is, in practice, going to work out the same as putting everybody up on the block and then discussing the top two or three bandwagons, which is what almost always happens in a normal Day anyway.
Second, I strongly dislike his ad homini-cious "There's just obviously something
WRONG
about Raging Rabbit, can't you people see it?!" post.
Which was made immediately after I pointing out a pretty glaring bullshit post ("Why the fuck do you care?") that I wanted response to.
Third, I dislike the contradiciton between his earlier sharing his nominations to his current "no misleading info" BS - while it's certainly possible for people the change their minds, I just don't get why he never bothered to say he's changed his mind IIRC, and his earlier attack on me for missing his contradicition makes no sense.
Next time I'll just state all my positions on every issue at the start of every day, place my vote, and not check in again until night. Will that be more consistent?
RagingRabbit wrote:
DW wrote:I think out of the four poeple we can vote for it should not be skruffs or RagingRabbit.
How can you possibly suspect the infallible RagingRabbit?! (Seriously though, why?)
You realize he said it should NOT be you, right? Why are you getting so upset - or, to use your own words, why the fuck do you care?
Cheesefan
Cheesefan
Goon
Cheesefan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:08 am

Post by Cheesefan »

Hmmm RR I say you have a knak of getting into long and winding convos that dont lead anywhere.
"Of course, just because we've heard a spine-chilling, blood-curdling scream of the sort to make your very marrow freeze in your bones doesn't automatically mean there's anything wrong."
Maz Medias
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:43 am

Post by Maz Medias »

Cheesefan wrote:Hmmm RR I say you have a knak of getting into long and winding convos that dont lead anywhere.
You have a knack of not contributing.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:51 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

MM wrote:When have I made this the specific argument? The game's setup allows for the initial narrowing of the lynch candidates to made at night and with greater flexibility. It is, in practice, going to work out the same as putting everybody up on the block and then discussing the top two or three bandwagons, which is what almost always happens in a normal Day anyway.
Bull. In normal games, it's possible to switch the top lynch candidates in the process of a day. The mafia also has a much harder time manipulating said top candidates. Ignoring the option of gaining additional info from the nomination system is essentially choosing to play Limited Lynch Mafia.
MM wrote:Which was made immediately after I pointing out a pretty glaring bullshit post ("Why the fuck do you care?") that I wanted response to.
That doesn't make that post any less ad homin-icous. As I already explained, I ignored that sentence because it didn't make any sense.
MM wrote: Next time I'll just state all my positions on every issue at the start of every day, place my vote, and not check in again until night. Will that be more consistent?
Next time, if you change your mind this completely, it'll probably be worth it to actually bother to say that, so you won't be suspected for contradicting yourself. If you choose not to, you may want to be more understanding of people who don't continually check back for severe contradictions. Said people may have actually forgotten your earlier post and probably aren't trying to blatantly misrepresent you.
MM wrote:You realize he said it should NOT be you, right?
Oh, right. Yay me. I have this annoying tendency to sometimes miss important pesky little words such as "not".
MM wrote:Why are you getting so upset - or, to use your own words, why the fuck do you care?
Two fucking reasons:
1. I was fucking being fucking sarcastic.
2. I generally fucking prefer it for everyone to fucking explain every fucking play, especially when said fucking play specifically applies to me.
Cheesefan wrote:Hmmm RR I say you have a knak of getting into long and winding convos that dont lead anywhere.
It's not just a knack, it's somewhat intentional. I definitely disagree they don't lead anywhere, though. I think they make tons of information available to the careful reader, and give scum many and more chances to fuck up.

I do like to believe I'm capable of stopping said "winding convos" when they really aren't going anywhere, for example my current lack of reply to JDodge or the current situation in another game of ours with somone whose name rhymes with Magneto.

Also, don't you find me amusing anymore?! :cry:
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:52 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Maz Medias wrote:
You have a knack of not contributing.
While I rather like the guy, that's somewhat true.
Cheesefan
Cheesefan
Goon
Cheesefan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:54 am

Post by Cheesefan »

Raging Rabbit wrote:
MM wrote:When have I made this the specific argument? The game's setup allows for the initial narrowing of the lynch candidates to made at night and with greater flexibility. It is, in practice, going to work out the same as putting everybody up on the block and then discussing the top two or three bandwagons, which is what almost always happens in a normal Day anyway.
Bull. In normal games, it's possible to switch the top lynch candidates in the process of a day. The mafia also has a much harder time manipulating said top candidates. Ignoring the option of gaining additional info from the nomination system is essentially choosing to play Limited Lynch Mafia.
MM wrote:Which was made immediately after I pointing out a pretty glaring bullshit post ("Why the fuck do you care?") that I wanted response to.
That doesn't make that post any less ad homin-icous. As I already explained, I ignored that sentence because it didn't make any sense.
MM wrote: Next time I'll just state all my positions on every issue at the start of every day, place my vote, and not check in again until night. Will that be more consistent?
Next time, if you change your mind this completely, it'll probably be worth it to actually bother to say that, so you won't be suspected for contradicting yourself. If you choose not to, you may want to be more understanding of people who don't continually check back for severe contradictions. Said people may have actually forgotten your earlier post and probably aren't trying to blatantly misrepresent you.
MM wrote:You realize he said it should NOT be you, right?
Oh, right. Yay me. I have this annoying tendency to sometimes miss important pesky little words such as "not".
MM wrote:Why are you getting so upset - or, to use your own words, why the fuck do you care?
Two fucking reasons:
1. I was fucking being fucking sarcastic.
2. I generally fucking prefer it for everyone to fucking explain every fucking play, especially when said fucking play specifically applies to me.
It's not just a knack, it's somewhat intentional. I definitely disagree they don't lead anywhere, though. I think they make tons of information available to the careful reader, and give scum many and more chances to fuck up.

I do like to believe I'm capable of stopping said "winding convos" when they really aren't going anywhere, for example my current lack of reply to JDodge or the current situation in another game of ours with somone whose name rhymes with Magneto.

I still find you amusing

And by not going anywhere i mean that they usually end up exacly where they left off.

But i agree that they give information but just by the journey not by the destinaton

Sorry for making that unclear
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:56 am

Post by JDodge »

Raging Rabbit wrote:I do like to believe I'm capable of stopping said "winding convos" when they really aren't going anywhere, for example my current lack of reply to JDodge or the current situation in another game of ours with somone whose name rhymes with Magneto.

The first part is somewhat true.

Don't reference ongoing games.

I don't find you amusing anymore either.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:10 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Cheesefan wrote:I still find you amusing
Yay me.
Cheesefan wrote:And by not going anywhere i mean that they usually end up exacly where they left off.

But i agree that they give information but just by the journey not by the destinaton

Sorry for making that unclear
I don't see exactly what "destination" you're talking about. What I'm attempting to do is just what you said - to give the town lots of info through the "journey". I never aim to make scum confess or vote themselves, if that's what you mean.
JDodge wrote:The first part is somewhat true.
Thanks.
Don't reference ongoing games.
Cheesefan's the only one who knows what I'm talking about, and he somewhat started it by mentioning my "knack".
JDodge wrote:I don't find you amusing anymore either.
You never claimed to in the first place.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:25 am

Post by Jack »

If we completely ignore the nominations I have a feeling we'll end up with our lynch candidates being chosen by the mafia most of the time.
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:46 am

Post by DeanWinchester »

Right the journey is making me very haggard, probably because I also need some sleep. I also agree that cheesefan should say more since he is the only nominee not posting a whole lot, but it is kinda hard to keep up with the pace of some other four legged critters.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:02 am

Post by Jack »

I think there are more important things we could talk about. Cheesefan for example.
Cheesefan
Cheesefan
Goon
Cheesefan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:09 am

Post by Cheesefan »

Jack wrote:I think there are more important things we could talk about. Cheesefan for example.
:D im important

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”