Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:04 am

Post by Skruffs »

Point is... maybe not suspicious. Yellow Bounder, who did you vote for? This is important.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:07 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Skruffs wrote:I'm not claiming to know how, at all. I"m not infallible. I'm going to present what I think and then we can talk about it, and someone else can counterpresent what they think.
I personally think we should be giving ourselves a little credit here. Every day should end with everyone saying who they're gonna nominate tommorow, and if the resuts prove "too easy to manipulate" we simply won't lynch anyone because of them. Discounting possible extra information just for fear it can potentially be misleading isn't too smart, imo. Also, I still want to hear what made you go all martyr-y earlier.
JDodge wrote:Except for potentially set up an innocent for a lynch.
Only we're not stupid, see my earlier point.
TCS wrote:Well of course revealing the nominations on future days would be a mistake...
No, it won't.
Skruffs wrote:...which is why I don't mind being lynched today...
That's the 3rd time you're being martyr-y. Just doesn't sit right with me.
Romanus wrote:The reason I don't like everyone giving up nominations is for the simple fact that there might be a mason group or power role based on the nominations. Would you like to put a target on that person's back for the mafia?
I admit I didn't think of a nomination power role, but I trust them enough to avoid being obvious. Mason group is really neglectible, I think they'd know not to nominate the same people day 1. I still think our possible huge pros far outweigh the cons.
MM wrote:Blantantly misrepresenting somebody just because they've changed their minds on a topic is by no means permissable.
Jack wrote:he forgot. Jaysus.
Err... :wellposting:
Romanus wrote:Fine, I nominated Raging Rabbit twice
Huh? Do you like, have a bunny vendetta or something?

Seriously though, huh?
MM wrote:He didn't bother to check, and then tried to excuse his laziness by attacking me further.
I didn't bother to check because I figured you wouldn't cotradict yourself this obviously without even saying you changed your mind, and when I realized you did do it made me suspect you that much more. You are
so
clutching at straws here.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:10 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Skruffs wrote:
GreenLiquid wrote:
The really long rules that outline everything are below. Here's a quick summaray: everyone sends in two different players each night as nominations. These are added to a tally. The two players with the most votes will be eligible to be lynched the following day. Ties will change this, so if there's for example a three way tie for first, then all three will be on the block for the following day. You may be interested in reading the rules below to learn the 'special cases.'
And then later...
GreenLiquid wrote:
NOMINATION RULES

1- In addition to standard night actions, each player MUST select two different people to be voted for nomination the next day.
2- The two players with the most nominations votes will be eligible lynch candidates the next day. If there is a two-way tie for most votes, both tied will be on the block. If there’s a three or more way tie, all tied players are on the block, with an exception which I’ll add later. If there’s a leader, but then players tied for second, the leader and all tied for second players are added to the block.
3- The exception: no more than half of the town can be nominated. If 6 are alive, at max three can be nominated. Ditto for seven. If there’s more than the max people nominated in a tie scenario, nominees out of the tied players will be randomly selected. Only catch: with three alive, two is the maximum.
But then again...
GreenLiquid wrote:10- And of course, the exceptions rule. There’s an exception to every rule, and these rules are included. Based on certain game mechanics and whatnot, there is a chance that there may be exceptions, additions, or exemptions to these rules. If something I say in thread or by PM conflicts with these rules, whatever I said will most likely be correct. These rules were designed to be uniform to most games I run and as such may not accurately represent all role mechanics, so read what I have to say in thread and in your role PM carefully. Your diligence will be rewarded.
Rule 10 makes me give him the benefit of the doubt for now, but if he could've avoided nominating the same guy twice he reallly should've.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:26 am

Post by Skruffs »

Yellow bounder holds the power. TeEELLLLL UUUUS..
Side note, we must have a 4-way tie between the four nominees.

Could be a nomination restriction, a nomination *ability*, or he could be young, dumb, and full of scum.

If you think I'm scummy for being martyry, than lynch me, problem solved :D but wait until we go through the numbers first. I'm good with numbers.

Technical Rule 1 : "In order for a lynch to occur, a majority vote, rounding up, must be made against a particular lynch candidate. The second that majority is reached, that person is considered dead and may say nothing more game related. Only players that are nominated (see later) for the day may receive votes.
The town cannot vote for No Lynch in this game, so don’t try.
"

So yeah, no lynches aren't possible.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:38 am

Post by Jack »

Well, it follows his earlier comments about not wanting to reveal nominations because of special roles. Though that doesn't seem that special, which makes me think he could be scum pretending to have a pro-town role.

I'm a bit suspicious of yellowbounder for being last to post nominations. Easy to correct any inequalities.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:39 am

Post by JDodge »

Skruffs wrote:Yellow bounder holds the power. TeEELLLLL UUUUS..
Side note, we must have a 4-way tie between the four nominees.
Not exactly. We could have 1 leader + a 3-way tie.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:55 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Skruffs wrote:If you think I'm scummy for being martyry, than lynch me, problem solved but wait until we go through the numbers first. I'm good with numbers.
I can tell you're good with numbers, that's exactly why I want to keep you around. The general conseous (which I agree with) seems to be that you're the most valuable player atm, and no way are we going to lynch you in the case of a random lynch. That makes me wonder why you keep suggesting to sacrifice yourself when you know we'll never take you up on it, which could very well be a scummy attempt to further prove your innocence by showing us how willing you are to be lynched.
Ghyrt
Ghyrt
Goon
Ghyrt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:36 pm

Post by Ghyrt »

Raging Rabbit wrote:
Skruffs wrote:If you think I'm scummy for being martyry, than lynch me, problem solved but wait until we go through the numbers first. I'm good with numbers.
I can tell you're good with numbers, that's exactly why I want to keep you around.
The general conseous (which I agree with) seems to be that you're the most valuable player atm, and no way are we going to lynch you in the case of a random lynch. That makes me wonder why you keep suggesting to sacrifice yourself when you know we'll never take you up on it, which could very well be a scummy attempt to further prove your innocence by showing us how willing you are to be lynched.
A busing I sense. First you say he's scummy, then you contradict yourself by saying he's valuable. Looks like you tried to distance yourselves from each other then changed your plan.
FoS: Raging Rabbit, Skruffs
[i]"Rolling in the muck is not the best way of getting clean."
---Aldous Huxley[/i]
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:42 pm

Post by Jack »

FoS:Ghyrt
none of your fos's have made sense to me yet.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:20 pm

Post by JDodge »

Ooooh! I want to FoS someone too! Somebody, do something scummy!
Raging Rabbit wrote:I didn't bother to check because I figured you wouldn't cotradict yourself this obviously without even saying you changed your mind, and when I realized you did do it made me suspect you that much more. You are so clutching at straws here.
You're clutching at straws, too. Assumption is a fatal flaw in any arguement.
Raging Rabbit wrote:I can tell you're good with numbers, that's exactly why I want to keep you around. The general conseous (which I agree with) seems to be that you're the most valuable player atm, and no way are we going to lynch you in the case of a random lynch. That makes me wonder why you keep suggesting to sacrifice yourself when you know we'll never take you up on it, which could very well be a scummy attempt to further prove your innocence by showing us how willing you are to be lynched.
I'm good with numbers too. That would be relevant if numbers actually mattered in this situation.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:31 pm

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Ghyrt wrote:A busing I sense. First you say he's scummy, then you contradict yourself by saying he's valuable. Looks like you tried to distance yourselves from each other then changed your plan. FoS: Raging Rabbit, Skruffs
I'm honestly impressed with how completely you managed to miss my point there.

IGM other EOY: Ghyrt
JDodge wrote:You're clutching at straws, too. Assumption is a fatal flaw in any arguement.
Dude
, I was too lazy to unnecessarily check after replying to everything for like half an hour. It made perfect sense, not stating nominations goes hand in hand with his stance.
JDodge wrote:I'm good with numbers too. That would be relevant if numbers actually mattered in this situation.
I'm ok with them too, and pretty sure Skruff's better than either of us. And of course numbers matter here. Like, duh...
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:33 pm

Post by JDodge »

Raging Rabbit wrote:
JDodge wrote:I'm good with numbers too. That would be relevant if numbers actually mattered in this situation.
I'm ok with them too, and pretty sure Skruff's better than either of us. And of course numbers matter here. Like, duh...
Give me one example of how numbers help this situation.

This setup is misleading; it's not about deducing information from nominations, it's about the town working as a collective towards a favorable outcome.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:34 pm

Post by Jack »

About numbers...it's addition and subtraction here. You don't need to be a genius to see that 2 <4.
Romanus
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:05 pm

Post by Romanus »

So, by saying we shouldn't give out the nominations, then stating there might be a nomination-type power role, then coming out and pretty much telling you that I have a nomination-type power role, this is all evidence of being scummy.

Whatever.

And I used my ability in order to try and get us to as few people as possible nominated, I thought it would be better for the town with fewer nominations.

again

whatever
Well, Romanus is a professional shit stirrer
-Valen85 (Newbie 383)
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:13 pm

Post by Raging Rabbit »

JDodge wrote:This setup is misleading; it's not about deducing information from nominations, it's about the town working as a collective towards a favorable outcome.
Ignoring information we could easily gain from nomination patterns and essentially turning this game into Limited Lynch Mafia would really make the scum's day.

I might also point out that The Town Working as a Collective Towards a Favorable Outcome, while certainly an admirable thing for any Communist party to say, isn't an actual strategy.
Jack wrote:About numbers...it's addition and subtraction here. You don't need to be a genius to see that 2 <4.
Getting real tired of agreeing with you here.

(Skruffs does seem to have more complex ways of dealing with numbers up his sleeve, though.)
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:20 pm

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Romanus wrote:So, by saying we shouldn't give out the nominations, then stating there might be a nomination-type power role, then coming out and pretty much telling you that I have a nomination-type power role, this is all evidence of being scummy.

Whatever.

And I used my ability in order to try and get us to as few people as possible nominated, I thought it would be better for the town with fewer nominations.

again

whatever
Right. That post does feel somewhat pro townish, but why
on earth
would you want us to have fewer nominees? (Also, why me?!?)

What exactly
is
your power role, btw? Are you just able to nominate the same guy twice?
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:35 pm

Post by JDodge »

Raging Rabbit wrote:
JDodge wrote:This setup is misleading; it's not about deducing information from nominations, it's about the town working as a collective towards a favorable outcome.
Ignoring information we could easily gain from nomination patterns and essentially turning this game into Limited Lynch Mafia would really make the scum's day.

I might also point out that The Town Working as a Collective Towards a Favorable Outcome, while certainly an admirable thing for any Communist party to say, isn't an actual strategy.
Information we could easily gain from nomination patterns is not always correct.

Glad you think I'm a communist. I've been working hard on that.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:47 pm

Post by Skruffs »

JDodge, There has to be a four way tie; you and Cheezfan already have four votes eash. That would be first and second place. The fact that me and RR also are nominated means that we therefore have the same number as votes.

Thanks bunny!

I'm going to take a gander and say that yellow bounder voted for me once, adn fircoal voted for me once.n I'm in another game with fircoal, so that might be a reason he put a vote on me (that's why I put a vote on cheezfan after all)
That makes everything even. I'm still curious who yellow bounder's other vote was on.

Sorry for being suspicious of you romanus, but to be honest, you should have outright said it rather than phrasing things in such a way to sound like that... :) I thought you were scum who wasn't paying attentino to the rules and was lying.

Anyways gone for a while.
I will post my calculations as soon as possible!
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:13 pm

Post by Raging Rabbit »

JDodge wrote:Information we could easily gain from nomination patterns is not always correct.
But
additional info doesn't hurt us in any way
. I'm getting tired of saying that.
JDodge wrote:Glad you think I'm a communist. I've been working hard on that.
That'd probably explain what you're doing on an abandoned island. Mod, do I get bonus points for revealing his secret?
Skruffs wrote:Thanks bunny!
While I appreciate your politeness, I'd really like you to explain the logic behid you marty-ish tendencies, who look very scummy to me atm.
Skruffs wrote:I'm going to take a gander and say that yellow bounder voted for me once, adn fircoal voted for me once.
This makes me think you might've nominated youself and are interested in getting lynched for some reason.

Mod
, seriously this time, are you allowed to nominate yourself?
Skruffs wrote:Sorry for being suspicious of you romanus, but to be honest, you should have outright said it rather than phrasing things in such a way to sound like that... I thought you were scum who wasn't paying attentino to the rules and was lying.
Don't you find it suspicious he was aiming for fewer nominees, though?
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:15 pm

Post by JDodge »

Raging Rabbit wrote:
JDodge wrote:Information we could easily gain from nomination patterns is not always correct.
But
additional info doesn't hurt us in any way
. I'm getting tired of saying that.
Additional info can be misleading
Raging Rabbit wrote:
JDodge wrote:Glad you think I'm a communist. I've been working hard on that.
That'd probably explain what you're doing on an abandoned island. Mod, do I get bonus points for revealing his secret?
No, I think it was the extreme Libertarianism that caused that.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:23 pm

Post by Raging Rabbit »

JDodge wrote:Additional info can be misleading.
This town isn't a bunch of idiots, and is perfectly capable of deciding whether or not certain info is misleading. It's rather easier to do that after actually having said info, though.

JDodge wrote:No, I think it was the extreme Libertarianism that caused that.
Don't you dare weasel your way out of this one, Commie scum!
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:30 pm

Post by JDodge »

Why can't I be a Communist Libertarian? Oh wait, contradictory... Right...
Ghyrt
Ghyrt
Goon
Ghyrt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:20 pm

Post by Ghyrt »

Raging Rabbit wrote:<snip>
Skruffs wrote:Sorry for being suspicious of you romanus, but to be honest, you should have outright said it rather than phrasing things in such a way to sound like that... I thought you were scum who wasn't paying attentino to the rules and was lying.
Don't you find it suspicious he was aiming for fewer nominees, though?
I completely agree. I'd like Romanus to explain himself.
[i]"Rolling in the muck is not the best way of getting clean."
---Aldous Huxley[/i]
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:41 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

Mod, seriously this time, are you allowed to nominate yourself?

No, players may not nominate themselves.
Avatar courtesy of Chickadee! | GTKAL

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”