Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:03 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

DW wrote:I think voting to make everybody tie is a bad ideal.
It is bad, but not for your reasons. It's bad because it'd be all too easy for scum to fuck up our math and basically force a two-nominees day, which is bad because we want as many people up for lynching as possible to keep our options open.
DW wrote:This nomination mechanic gives the town the abillity to only make eligible poeple that they believe are scumie. It makes it tougher for scum to divert attention to townies, because there are less townies to choose from.
You should give the town a bit more credit, we won't be distracted that easily. Also, they can still "divert attention" by throwing suspicion on townies who aren't up for a lynch (like I did with MM, only I'm not scum, he probably isn't a townie, and I have good reasons :wink: ).
DW wrote:It also puts a lot of pressure on scum to convince us they are town.
Puts
less
pressure, if anything. When you aren't eligible for a lynch, you can work a bit less on looking innocent and a bit more on making others look guilty.
DW wrote:Today the mechanic is a hindrince because the nominations were completly random from the town side. Tomorow the mechanic has the potential to be a huge advantage, assuming that the town scum reads are accurate. Put the whole group up exposes everyone and since everybody is up there is more chance for the scum to divert the lynch to townies.
Today it's obviously a huge pain in the ass, but it generally favors scum in the future as well imo. Good thing is, if we keep forcing them to state nominations in advance, than the more they'll try to manipulate the system the closer we get to pinpointing them through their manipulations.
DW wrote:I also think that the town should try to decide as a whole who is the scumiess before putting the final votes on and going to night.
I don't think we need to have a general conscious, just force everyone to say who they're gonna nominate so scum would have a harder time lying about it.
DW wrote:Fos: Maz Medias and Ghyrt I think both of their play has been very scumie and using very contradictoy logic. They say one thing and seem to half contradict it the next.

Out of the four poeple we can vote for I don't have any good reads, but I do think the Rabbit is town though.
Go you!
DW wrote:Oh and what does IGMEOY mean?
I Got My Eye On You. Basically telling him that even though I'm unable to lynch his butt atm, I don't plan on forgetting him anytime soon. :P
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:12 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

JDodge wrote:FoS: Raging Rabbit for being angry with Maz for not sharing his nominations when he already did. You might try reading people's posts.
I've been doing that quite a lot if you haven't noticed how active I am, just didn't think it worth my time to doublecheck if he shared his nominations since his logic clearly implies he shouldn't have.

I actually suspect him more now that I've realized my mistake, since his course of action is ideal for scum - first he shares his nominations on the spot so he won't get any bad attention for not being helpful, than he uses lameass logic to try to convice others not to share theirs so the town won't be able to gain any information (the only way to possibly figure out who lied is to have everyone's nomination accounted for, except obviously poor Firecoal).
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:44 am

Post by JDodge »

Raging Rabbit wrote:I've been doing that quite a lot if you haven't noticed how active I am, just didn't think it worth my time to doublecheck if he shared his nominations since his logic clearly implies he shouldn't have.
Logic would imply that you would look at facts beforehand.
Raging Rabbit wrote:I actually suspect him more now that I've realized my mistake, since his course of action is ideal for scum - first he shares his nominations on the spot so he won't get any bad attention for not being helpful, than he uses lameass logic to try to convice others not to share theirs so the town won't be able to gain any information (the only way to possibly figure out who lied is to have everyone's nomination accounted for, except obviously poor Firecoal).
Without all of the facts, anyone can manipulate the results to make it look like someone is scum. We would need to know exactly who everyone nominated.
Ghyrt
Ghyrt
Goon
Ghyrt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:58 am

Post by Ghyrt »

Raging Rabbit wrote:<snip>
DW wrote:I also think that the town should try to decide as a whole who is the scumiess before putting the final votes on and going to night.
I don't think we need to have a general conscious, just force everyone to say who they're gonna nominate so scum would have a harder time lying about it.
<snip>
Bad reasoning. The only way we can lynch scum if if one of them get more votes than they give us. That means that if they're coordinating townie nominations, scum needs 4+ nominations to be on the block.
FoS: Raging Rabbit
[i]"Rolling in the muck is not the best way of getting clean."
---Aldous Huxley[/i]
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:59 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

JDodge wrote:Logic would imply that you would look at facts beforehand.
I'm unfortunately not infallible, and did make a mistake. It was mostly a cause of his contradiction, though.
JDodge wrote:Without all of the facts, anyone can manipulate the results to make it look like someone is scum. We would need to know exactly who everyone nominated.
But why would anyone pro town
want
to manipulate the results?
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:04 am

Post by JDodge »

JDodge wrote:Without all of the facts, anyone can manipulate the results to make it look like someone is scum. We would need to know exactly who everyone nominated.
But why would anyone pro town
want
to manipulate the results?[/quote]

We need to know who everyone nominated, including Fircoal, in order to come to a conclusion.

Anyone can allocate those two nominating votes that Fircoal had to where they wish in order to change any information we'd get out of it.
Maz Medias
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:13 am

Post by Maz Medias »

I revealed my nominations before I really started railing against revelation of nominations. I'll be the first to admit that I sort of play by the seat of my pants; I didn't realize that it was a bad idea until after I'd already played in to it. By the way, I'm okay with the last two or three people revealing, since we've already had these discussions, but I do not and
will
not support it on future days unless there's a very good reason.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:28 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

JDodge wrote:We need to know who everyone nominated, including Fircoal, in order to come to a conclusion.

Anyone can allocate those two nominating votes that Fircoal had to where they wish in order to change any information we'd get out of it.
That indeed makes it a lot more difficult for us to gain information from this, but Skruffs seems to know how and again it just doesn't hurt us in any way.
MM wrote:I revealed my nominations before I really started railing against revelation of nominations. I'll be the first to admit that I sort of play by the seat of my pants; I didn't realize that it was a bad idea until after I'd already played in to it.
What attack me so hard for "misrepresenting" your play if you admit it was misleading and contradictory, then?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:33 am

Post by Skruffs »

I kind of agree with Maz Medias, on future dayas it will more likely than not be too easily manipulatable... ANd who knows... like I said abefore, if worse comes to worst, at least we have something to play with before someone gets lynched. I can understand the worry about possibly using the results to misdirect the town into nominating the wrong people, but, whateva. THe same thing can happen if we just look at scum tells or random lynch.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:37 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Skruffs wrote:I kind of agree with Maz Medias, on future dayas it will more likely than not be too easily manipulatable...
How so?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:38 am

Post by Skruffs »

I'm not claiming to know how, at all. I"m not infallible. I'm going to present what I think and then we can talk about it, and someone else can counterpresent what they think.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:38 am

Post by JDodge »

Raging Rabbit wrote:
JDodge wrote:We need to know who everyone nominated, including Fircoal, in order to come to a conclusion.

That indeed makes it a lot more difficult for us to gain information from this, but Skruffs seems to know how and again it just doesn't hurt us in any way.
Except for potentially set up an innocent for a lynch.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:40 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

Well of course revealing the nominations on future days would be a mistake, but on the first day, I think that the results might be useful.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:43 am

Post by Skruffs »

Jdodge, it's possible, which is why I don't mind being lynched today, after we talk, unless we find a good reason to lynch someone else. My 100%-pure towniness can be like a seal of approval.
Romanus
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:03 am

Post by Romanus »

The reason I don't like everyone giving up nominations is for the simple fact that there might be a mason group or power role based on the nominations. Would you like to put a target on that person's back for the mafia?
Well, Romanus is a professional shit stirrer
-Valen85 (Newbie 383)
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:10 am

Post by Jack »

Even without knowing fircoal's nominations we can learn something.

cheesefan 4
jdodge 4
Raging Rabbit 2
maz medias 2
skruffs 2
fircoal 2
tcs 1
jack 1

But we need romanus and yellowbounder...

@Romanus: I don't see why a mason group would all nominate together night 1.
Maz Medias
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:14 am

Post by Maz Medias »

Blantantly misrepresenting somebody just because they've changed their minds on a topic is by no means permissable.
Romanus
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:46 am

Post by Romanus »

Fine, I nominated Raging Rabbit twice
Well, Romanus is a professional shit stirrer
-Valen85 (Newbie 383)
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:01 am

Post by Jack »

Maz Medias wrote:Blantantly misrepresenting somebody just because they've changed their minds on a topic is by no means permissable.
he
forgot
. Jaysus.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:08 am

Post by Skruffs »

No, you didn't. And lying about it is going to screw you over. :P
Who did you really nominate?
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:45 am

Post by Jack »

You have to nominate two different people...
Maz Medias
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:59 am

Post by Maz Medias »

Jack wrote:
Maz Medias wrote:Blantantly misrepresenting somebody just because they've changed their minds on a topic is by no means permissable.
he
forgot
. Jaysus.
He didn't
bother to check
, and then tried to excuse his laziness by attacking me further.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:52 am

Post by Skruffs »

Erm guys..
*points to romanus*
suspicious much?
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:55 am

Post by JDodge »

Skruffs wrote:Erm guys..
*points to romanus*
suspicious much?
Only with the potential dual votes on Raging Rabbit.

Mod:
Can someone use both of their nominating votes on the same person?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:02 am

Post by Skruffs »

GreenLiquid wrote:
The really long rules that outline everything are below. Here's a quick summaray: everyone sends in two different players each night as nominations. These are added to a tally. The two players with the most votes will be eligible to be lynched the following day. Ties will change this, so if there's for example a three way tie for first, then all three will be on the block for the following day. You may be interested in reading the rules below to learn the 'special cases.'
And then later...
GreenLiquid wrote:
NOMINATION RULES

1- In addition to standard night actions, each player MUST select two different people to be voted for nomination the next day.
2- The two players with the most nominations votes will be eligible lynch candidates the next day. If there is a two-way tie for most votes, both tied will be on the block. If there’s a three or more way tie, all tied players are on the block, with an exception which I’ll add later. If there’s a leader, but then players tied for second, the leader and all tied for second players are added to the block.
3- The exception: no more than half of the town can be nominated. If 6 are alive, at max three can be nominated. Ditto for seven. If there’s more than the max people nominated in a tie scenario, nominees out of the tied players will be randomly selected. Only catch: with three alive, two is the maximum.
But then again...
GreenLiquid wrote:10- And of course, the exceptions rule. There’s an exception to every rule, and these rules are included. Based on certain game mechanics and whatnot, there is a chance that there may be exceptions, additions, or exemptions to these rules. If something I say in thread or by PM conflicts with these rules, whatever I said will most likely be correct. These rules were designed to be uniform to most games I run and as such may not accurately represent all role mechanics, so read what I have to say in thread and in your role PM carefully. Your diligence will be rewarded.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”