Open 512: See Nine Plus Plus (Game Ovah)

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:47 am

Post by Titus »

No. I didn't avoid analysis. Recap =/= analysis. That is all jmo did in his only post saying why he voted Varsoon. Prod dodging alone isn't a sign of lurking but if people were getting less suspicious of Varson, he'd say hurry up and lynch Varsoon without giving a reason. The one post of recapping took about a week of begging. I can't see why you think anything jmo posts is good but Varsoon's questions are crap.

@Oriole Reasons are relevant. Please elaborate now. I cannot see something more relevant on Day 2 than now.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:48 am

Post by Varsoon »

@Cherry:
In response to 1547: I knew I would piss some people off. I acknowledged that. You're not the only person I've chided, I believe. Just relax and enjoy the game. Catch the scum and win, unless it's not part of your wincon to do so.
In response to 1548: Not signing your posts isn't really confusing. I could care less who is posting and representing the Hydra. It takes up one slot. If you're referring to my first game on-site, where town lost due to Fuzzy and my play, then, yes, that was an instance where confusing town caused town to lose. I'd like to think that I've gotten a lot more experience on-site since then, and my current tactics are far different from the ones employing by Fuzzy in that game. If you're worried about a similar scenario, simply don't let me and townies who are confused by me both get into a lylo situation. Ergo--lynch the scum.

@Titus: I believe that Oriole thinks certain Night Actions will happen that'll influence the ~reasons~ and that mentioning it now might make whoever is responsible for those night actions not commit them/play differently.
CherryDrPepper
CherryDrPepper
Goon
CherryDrPepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:52 am

Post by CherryDrPepper »

What makes you think Night Actions will speak for themselves? I'm trying to confuse scum to draw a NK/RB away from the PRs? or maybe I'm trying to confuse scum to draw a NK/RB away from me?
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:55 am

Post by oriole »

In post 1551, Varsoon wrote: @Titus: I believe that Oriole thinks certain Night Actions will happen that'll influence the ~reasons~ and that mentioning it now might make whoever is responsible for those night actions not commit them/play differently.
This :neutral:
Oriole and Oreo, they look similar. I'll probably respond to both.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:56 am

Post by Varsoon »

The trick, Oriole, is not mentioning it at all. :D
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:07 am

Post by Titus »

I don't like Varsoon answering for Oriole.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:08 am

Post by Varsoon »

Just putting in my two cents.
TunnelVision
TunnelVision
Goon
TunnelVision
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:14 am

Post by TunnelVision »

WE KNOW, VARSOON. WE KNOW.

Rank
"Bauss is cooler than Rank." - Varsoon
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:17 am

Post by Titus »

@Rank, what do you think of Cherry? Oriole?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:23 am

Post by Varsoon »

@TV/Rank:
Spoiler:

I'll actually be afk for a bit later today, so you won't have to deal with me perma-hawking the thread.
It's my only active game and I just moved to a city where I know nobody.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:28 am

Post by oriole »

In post 1558, Titus wrote:@Rank, what do you think of Cherry? Oriole?
He posted a reads list, you know.
Oriole and Oreo, they look similar. I'll probably respond to both.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:30 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

Votecount 1.52

[L-2] Varsoon - Dyslexicon, TunnelVision, Flench, jmo16mla, CherryDrPepper
[L-2] jmo16mla - StubbsKVM, Xiao Long, Paschendale, Varsoon, Titus
[L-6] CherryDrPepper - oriole

Not Voting: Bulbazak, Saki

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline is Friday, August 2nd, 2013 at 7:30 PM CST ((expired on 2013-08-02 19:30:00)).

---

Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:54 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1560, oriole wrote:
In post 1558, Titus wrote:@Rank, what do you think of Cherry? Oriole?
He posted a reads list, you know.
I am aware he did. I was wondering if recent events changed his mind on anything.
CherryDrPepper
CherryDrPepper
Goon
CherryDrPepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:14 am

Post by CherryDrPepper »

And I just lost a town game because someone lied, and they said they lied and town believed him and he steam rolled over everyone until LyLo and won and im so fricken mad that I decided i should probably Lynch all liars from now on /rant

Yeah i'm quite happy to be voting for Varsoon at this point.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:17 am

Post by Varsoon »

Congrats.
That game is not this game.
If you -still- think I'm scum and we're anywhere close to Lylo, lynch me.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:21 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1563, CherryDrPepper wrote:And I just lost a town game because someone lied, and they said they lied and town believed him and he steam rolled over everyone until LyLo and won and im so fricken mad that I decided i should probably Lynch all liars from now on /rant

Yeah i'm quite happy to be voting for Varsoon at this point.
This makes it sound like you are doing a policy lynch on Varsoon rather than because you feel he's scummy. What else beyond the fake roleblock claim do you find scummy, if anything?
Flench
Flench
Goon
Flench
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:02 am

Post by Flench »

12ish hours later.

Varsoon - You were grabbing my ass about my large content posts but then when you realized I was intent on lynching you, you decided I was not contributing and mafia. Real hard to see the motivation there. All of the fluff posts do push away lurkers, it's really daunting to see 8 new pages when you were gone for a day. All that being said, pm me if you want me in your next game, you are fun to play with and this is a great game so far. Just a bit less fluff please.

New Xioix guy- Don't try to drop any sc2 knowledge yo, I'll embarrass you all day. Come at me on bnet hater.

ummm yea I guess we are waiting for something to happen, I suspect my voting is done for the day, I'll be active for a while though.

Everyone asking why people think Varsoon is mafia, please go back and read the thread. TV and I in particular given plenty of reasons if they weren't obvious enough(misinformation everywhere for a start).

inb4 "you say you have given reasons but I don't see any, so what are they?" "Flench is ignoring my question!" "STILL refuses to answer my question, conf scum!" stfu
CherryDrPepper
CherryDrPepper
Goon
CherryDrPepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:06 am

Post by CherryDrPepper »

My feels T_T
In post 1564, Varsoon wrote:Congrats.
That game is not this game.
If you -still- think I'm scum and we're anywhere close to
Lylo, lynch me
Did you just claim scum?
Flench
Flench
Goon
Flench
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:51 am

Post by Flench »

No Cherry, no he didn't.
CherryDrPepper
CherryDrPepper
Goon
CherryDrPepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:00 am

Post by CherryDrPepper »

I apologize for my outburst, just that i was so fricken frustrated that I was right from the get go and we still lost.

Anyway, enough of that game, our points on Varsoon still stand.
Xiao Long
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:01 am

Post by Xiao Long »

In post 1534, CherryDrPepper wrote: Weird you guys mentioned a serial killer when a) theres an equal chance of having 3 scum or having 2 scum and a serial killer or b) accusing me of being scum partly because of town reading jmo (and partly because of shit that was obviously hydra dissonance). Now if you think Im scummy for defending jmo, and you think he is mafia and you think I am serial killer a) why does it make me serial killer for town reading someone who you people think is mafia? Surely if this was true then I wouldn't have any idea if jmo was scum, right? b) now if I *somehow* think he was scum, wouldn't I want him dead as well? Considering the mafia win con also involves the SK dying.
I don't know if anyone mentioned the possibility of you being SK before me, but I think I said I wouldn't be surprised if you were SK. Later I said SK OR scum fit you. Now though? I'm more convinced of SK. You ask why would an SK do all of this? You're already discrediting the SK argument for if there definitely is an SK. It wouldn't surprise me for a smart SK to do exactly what an SK SHOULDN'T do, then start advertising that you're actively doing what an SK would not do. One of you two by yourself I don't think would be clever enough for that, but two of you together is possible.
Frankly this accusation feels like a) you guys didnt want to accuse me of scum because you know Im not OR b) youre trying to deflect SK off us. Because how else would you know there was an SK here? Answer? If you were one.
Because there's 50% likelihood of an SK being in this game. I'd rather assume there is and be pleasantly surprised when there isn't.
Xiao Long, is bad. First you want us being lynched tomorrow, now its okay for you to let Stubbs do so tomorrow? I thought you havbe a strong town read on him.
I'm mostly trying to get Stubbs to vote Jmo today. I'd be fine with a Varsoon lynch tomorrow, but I'd definitely prefer you to be lynched tomorrow.

In post 1540, CherryDrPepper wrote:
Titus, first of all Its scummy for Xiao Long for saying it because he has a strong town read on Varsoon. Then he said earlier he wants us dead tomorrow. Now he tells Stubbs its fine for him to pursue Varsoon tomorrow?
Where are you getting this idea that I have a strong townread on Varsoon? I said I can see the plausibility in Varsoon being town because generally, as town, he makes no fucking sense - I used the levels bullshit as my example of him not making sense in this game. I didn't say I'm certain he's not scum. I have a 50% scum read on Varsoon. I have a 99% scum read on Jmo. I have an 89% scum read on you. Does that help you understand better?
Aside from that take time to ISO him. Seriously, I really think he is town. What makes him scum? Lurking? Tunneling? Those are so not scum tells.
I DID ISO HIM. You obviously didn't read it, because if you did, you'd notice I included more than just lurking and tunneling as reasons for his scumminess.

In post 1563, CherryDrPepper wrote:And I just lost a town game because someone lied, and they said they lied and town believed him and he steam rolled over everyone until LyLo and won and im so fricken mad that I decided i should probably Lynch all liars from now on /rant
Quit advocating policy lynches. It's all well and good that you just got out of a game where someone lied and they were scum. I just finished following a game where two VT's lied about power roles. It's obviously something that both alignments can do, yo.

Spoiler:
In post 1566, Flench wrote:
New Xioix guy- Don't try to drop any sc2 knowledge yo, I'll embarrass you all day. Come at me on bnet hater.
Kekekekeke, I will happily admit I'm terrible at Starcraft, I just like to watch the Koreans play. Shit's so controlled chaos.
"The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent."
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:30 am

Post by Paschendale »

I see no reason to speculate about the setup. I don't know or care if we have an SK. It's completely hypothetical at this point.

I'm also tired of waiting for people to catch up, and then wading through all the crap.

Vote: Varsoon

I cannot find his playstyle in this game trustworthy. Between the fakeclaim (maybe), the counterclaim to possibly lynch a town PR, all the fluff, all the "levels" nonsense... I cannot see taking any of Varsoon's future theories in this game at face value. He might be scum, he might not be. But if he's town, then he's a detriment to our ability to find the scum.
Xiao Long
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:34 am

Post by Xiao Long »

So you're voting for someone who you, yourself, say might not be scum? Rather than Jmo who definitely IS scum?
Must be nice to be conftown, eh?
"The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent."
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:47 am

Post by Paschendale »

I don't think Jmo definitely is scum. I think he is likely to be scum. I think Varsoon is pretty scummy, too, but has managed to put forth a much more confusing package.
StubbsKVM
StubbsKVM
Mafia Scum
StubbsKVM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:48 am

Post by StubbsKVM »

Any last words Varsoon? I will hammer

Return to “Completed Open Games”