Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:42 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Skruffs wrote:Cheez was nominated at least 4 times, and the other nominees were chosen at least 3 times. I say this because MM has two votes on them, and isn't nominated, so ergo there is either one person with the most votes and the other three are tied for second, or it is a four way tie for first.
So 13 out of 24 votes (or possibly 16 if a four way tie) were used to get the four nominees up here. We have 8 accounted for, out of 14 total votes.

Jack: Someone else suggested it, I added my thoughts to it, which were that mafia may not want to be seen voting en masse if there's some sort of public display of votes.

Ghyrt: in all your accusing me of being 'phony helpful', you forgot to reveal your nominations. Stop waiting to see what everyone else nominated and post

Ghyrt, Maz Medias, yellowbounder, we wait for you to reveal your results.

Sidenote: Considering we have a skunk, a dog, a bunny, and harry potter nominated, I'm wondering if this island is a refuge or an insane asylum. >.>
:goodposting:

It's real troubling you look the most pro town to me this far, since as a fellow nominee I'm supposed to try to lynch you...
TCS wrote:You're going to have to help me on this one... I see a number of ways in which this could help the town and no ways in which it could hurt us.
What he said (though I don't see that many ways it'd help).
Cheesefan wrote:ARGH

Its NOT harry potter

Its John lennon

*breaks into tears*
I feel your pain, man. The fact that it's a drawing probably helps, though I don't get how people keep managing to miss the lack of a scar.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:59 am

Post by Skruffs »

My bad Cheezfan.. I realized that in the other game we were in but I see the damage has been done already in this one. Lennon rules more than Potter any day.

Maz, izzatta random vote?

If we don't find some kind of direct evidence worth going on today, or come to the conclusion that we are all townies, I'll take one for the team. I'd prefer to be civilized about it though..

Bunny, it helps in lots of ways. :) Let's wait until after everyone has revealed their nominations or explained why they aren't going to.
Maz Medias
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:02 am

Post by Maz Medias »

Skruffs wrote:Jack: Someone else suggested it, I added my thoughts to it, which were that mafia may not want to be seen voting en masse if there's some sort of public display of votes.
This is the basis of my (quite temporary) vote. It seems like you're saying "hey guys, don't fall for it or we'll get caught ;_;".
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:21 am

Post by DeanWinchester »

I think anyone that dosn't tell us there nominations should definetely be nominated by eneryone tomorow.
I also thought it was Harry Potter and I'm quite mad at myself that I didn't notice the scar missing. Which brings up the interesting question, "Do you think Harry I suppose to look like John Lennon?"
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:09 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Skruffs wrote:If we don't find some kind of direct evidence worth going on today, or come to the conclusion that we are all townies, I'll take one for the team. I'd prefer to be civilized about it though..
This is either really kind and altruistic or a bit scummy, though I can't decide which.
Skruffs wrote:Bunny, it helps in lots of ways. Let's wait until after everyone has revealed their nominations or explained why they aren't going to.
OK, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for a while.
Everyone reveal your nominations or we'll kick you butt tomorrow!

Skruffs wrote: Lennon rules more than Potter any day.
I might've debated this if it wasn't for stupid Radcliff hurting my love of Potter, anyway they both rule.
DW wrote:Which brings up the interesting question, "Do you think Harry I suppose to look like John Lennon?"
No.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:46 am

Post by Skruffs »

I dunno if this is applicable but what happens if someone doesn't nominate? Is it randomly done?
Cheesefan
Cheesefan
Goon
Cheesefan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:54 am

Post by Cheesefan »

Raging Rabbit wrote:
Skruffs wrote:If we don't find some kind of direct evidence worth going on today, or come to the conclusion that we are all townies, I'll take one for the team. I'd prefer to be civilized about it though..
This is either really kind and altruistic or a bit scummy, though I can't decide which.
@RR: Kind of looks like an attempt to cast doubt on skruffs while looking as nice as possible.

@Skruffs : Id rather we took out the one proving to be least helpful and to be honest i think your being the most helpful among us.
Maz Medias
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:57 am

Post by Maz Medias »

I want to ask again what we gain from full revelation of nominations? All I see happening is the scum jumping on to any overlaps in voting and using that to maneuver us towards a mislynch.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:58 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Cheesefan wrote:@RR: Kind of looks like an attempt to cast doubt on skruffs while looking as nice as possible.
That'd be because I have doubts about that sentence but am a nice perosn.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:59 am

Post by Skruffs »

The Central Scrutinizer wrote:
Romanus wrote:I think it is a really bad idea to be telling everyone who we are nominating.
You're going to have to help me on this one... I see a number of ways in which this could help the town and no ways in which it could hurt us.
.. who's 'us'?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:03 am

Post by Skruffs »

Maz - Well, with a four nomination spread, votes are more easily confirmed because there's only a few setups that could have happened, effectively.
It's all about numbers. We won't get a complete set of nominations, of course, with fircoal being dead and all, but we should be able to use logic to figure out something.
Plus it makes scum nervous. :D
I already have a suspicion or two.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:04 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Maz Medias wrote:I want to ask again what we gain from full revelation of nominations? All I see happening is the scum jumping on to any overlaps in voting and using that to maneuver us towards a mislynch.
I dunno, but why the fuck do you care? We've got absolutely nothing to lose...
IGMEOY: MM
Skruffs wrote:.. who's 'us'?
Like I said before in defence of you, I dislike this kind of nitpicking.
Cheesefan
Cheesefan
Goon
Cheesefan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:07 am

Post by Cheesefan »

Skruffs wrote: I already have a suspicion or two.
Are any of them up for lynching today?
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:07 am

Post by JDodge »

Raging Rabbit wrote:
Maz Medias wrote:I want to ask again what we gain from full revelation of nominations? All I see happening is the scum jumping on to any overlaps in voting and using that to maneuver us towards a mislynch.
Wrong. Us, the nominated, have nothing to lose. Everyone else does.
Cheesefan
Cheesefan
Goon
Cheesefan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:08 am

Post by Cheesefan »

JDodge wrote:
Raging Rabbit wrote:
Wrong. Us, the nominated, have nothing to lose. Everyone else does.
I dont see what any town player has to lose
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:10 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

JDodge wrote:Wrong. Us, the nominated, have nothing to lose. Everyone else does.
What exactly would that be?
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:22 am

Post by JDodge »

Raging Rabbit wrote:
JDodge wrote:Wrong. Us, the nominated, have nothing to lose. Everyone else does.
What exactly would that be?
Think about it.

There's nothing to lose for us because we've, in a way, already lost; the people who'll get nominated are those who have given a reason to be nominated. And the only people who we need to get a lot of info out of are the ones who we can get rid of. So, with a lack of info on those who aren't in trouble at the moment, people will resort to others.

The town has everything to lose due to the simple fact that they could, even without noticing, play out a scenario in which the only who are in danger are those who start in danger.

This can be avoided by just playing normally, ignoring the special mechanics except for voting and nominations.

I could be totally wrong about this theory, though. Time will tell.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:34 am

Post by Skruffs »

It's an interesting speculation JDoidge, one I am going to chew o ver for a while.
Personally, I don't think anyone is 'at fault' for us being nominated how we were. Even if we are all townies, I don't think other townies should feel personally responsible. However...
This is kind of like a day one 'test'. I think we have the oppurtunity and ability to collaborate, wether it leads to anything, number wise, or not, isn't as important as the reactions people have to this group investigation.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:05 am

Post by Jack »

Listing the nominations probably won't help us today. But it will prevent the mafia from voting en mass. If there is a discrepancy today we can't show anything, but if there is one tomorrow we can ask everyone why they nominated who they did, which means the mafia have to lie even more and may be forced to take an unconvincing pose.

I'll
Unvote
because jdodge posted it right away and with Romanus outright refusing it looks like more of a stretch.

Vote:Ghyrt
I think his skruffs vote is quite weak. Probably just day 1, but I'd like to hear more from him. The other three seem innocent to me so far.
Cheesefan
Cheesefan
Goon
Cheesefan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:07 am

Post by Cheesefan »

Jack wrote:Listing the nominations probably won't help us today. But it will prevent the mafia from voting en mass. If there is a discrepancy today we can't show anything, but if there is one tomorrow we can ask everyone why they nominated who they did, which means the mafia have to lie even more and may be forced to take an unconvincing pose.

I'll
Unvote
because jdodge posted it right away and with Romanus outright refusing it looks like more of a stretch.

Vote:Ghyrt
I think his skruffs vote is quite weak. Probably just day 1, but I'd like to hear more from him. The other three seem innocent to me so far.
Ghyrt isnt a choice

Its me, Skruffs, RR and Jdodge
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:10 am

Post by Jack »

Forgot to add, if we don't think any of the 4 are particularly suspicious, we should just pick one to lynch, not vote for him yet, and discuss who to nominate. That way the other 8 people don't get ignored.
Maz Medias wrote:This is the basis of my (quite temporary) vote. It seems like you're saying "hey guys, don't fall for it or we'll get caught ;_;".
I don't understand this vote. What is skruffs supposed to be warning his scumbuddies not to fall for? Why would he suggest sharing nominations if he thought they would reveal something?
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:12 am

Post by Jack »

unvote

Mod confused me.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:44 am

Post by Skruffs »

It's okay, Jack, I did it too.
Thing is, tommorrow, there may be only 2 people nominated. No way to prove or disprove who nominated who, and then, it won't even matter much. Today we can possibly take advantage of an oversight of the scum. The only people who are town who have reason be worried would be... maybe a mason group who voted together.

Anyways, come on. :) yellowbounder hasn't posted yet, ghyrt's posted twice and in one he acknowledged he nominated but didn't say who. And romanus stalled in his last post.
Ghyrt
Ghyrt
Goon
Ghyrt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:47 am

Post by Ghyrt »

My brother picked 6 and 8. I nominated JDodge and RagingRabbit as the corresponding players.
[i]"Rolling in the muck is not the best way of getting clean."
---Aldous Huxley[/i]
Ghyrt
Ghyrt
Goon
Ghyrt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:56 am

Post by Ghyrt »

Game-breaking strategy (maybe): If we ever need to completely bypass the nomination process, we can decide everyone's nominations the day before so that everyone is on the block. I think that this can work for any number of people; everyone would get exactly two votes. Don't know if its useful, but it makes scum nominate who we want them to and gives us a way to turn this into a normal game.
[i]"Rolling in the muck is not the best way of getting clean."
---Aldous Huxley[/i]

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”