NY 164: Maniacal Street Mafia (Anticlimatically finished.)

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5250 (ISO) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:45 am

Post by Nero Cain »

oh and Desp but he's prob just derpy town like in WWE and Rena but she is scum too.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5251 (ISO) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:47 am

Post by Bulbazak »

@Nacho: Do you honestly think that rolecop was the only investigative role that we had?
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
ffullisade
ffullisade
Goon
ffullisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5252 (ISO) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:49 am

Post by ffullisade »

In post 5216, CrashTextDummie wrote:
In post 5187, ffullisade wrote:I see two p much mutually exclusive reasons for Peregrine to try and get votes onto Slaandar if he is scum. He could have been other-team hunting. Or he could have been protecting Bulba.
How do you make the distinction between other-team hunting and pro-town scumhunting? I agree that these are reasons he'd try to get votes onto Slandaar
if
he is scum, but you're using it as a reason to suspect
that
he is scum, which I still think only works if he's scum with Bulba.
Sorry I missed this yesterday. I think I'm just not used to seeing "ffullisade" and thinking "me".

I make the distinction between other-team hunting and pro-town scumhunting based on the player's body of work. If their overall contribution looks town, I go with "pro-town scumhunting" for a first approximation. If their posts sound a lot of off notes, then I start thinking about the multi-faction dynamics.

You and I have a huge mismatch in scumhunting styles. To me, the above questions were almost nonsensical coming from a body-of-work perspective. I imagine the converse is true from your end.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #5253 (ISO) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:55 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 5254, Bulbazak wrote:@Nacho: Do you honestly think that rolecop was the only investigative role that we had?
do you believe all of our investigative roles have been outed?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #5254 (ISO) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:56 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

but hey
that still doesn't answer my question of why are you pushing on Nero when no one is pushing it with you and no one has been for a very long time?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5255 (ISO) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:00 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Why the hell is Bulb even talking about investigation roles?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #5256 (ISO) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:01 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

bc he thinks Rena is our other investigative role

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5257 (ISO) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:04 am

Post by Nero Cain »

oh ok....I thought that had something to do with me 'cause that's what ya'll were talking about.

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5258 (ISO) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:08 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 5242, ffullisade wrote:
In post 5232, Nero Cain wrote:nope, not really though it is kinda interesting how Nacho was attacking me for attacking Rena and now he has a scum read on said slot. What has changed today for you?
"Our" scumread of Rena has become "My" read. By that I mean there's active consensus.

PeregrineV has very much become a person of interest. And ThAd has come off looking a little better as a result of both the dual roleblocked claims and the concerns about PeregrineV.

I'm feeling more confident that Nacho is town.

I thought yesterday that both the Bulba wagon and Slandaar wagon were a mislynch in progress, and I feel similarly today about bulba. I'm surprised he isn't arguing against it harder, but I can relate a little to feeling that, between shaky reads and near-inevitable mislynch, sooner could be better for town than later. Sometimes I play through a fog of deathwish for weeks.

My town read of you has weakened some. A couple of your posts today sound off notes to me. I hear talk about confident or smug scumplay.
I seldom actualy see someone who turns out to be scum play with visible smugness
. No matter how well things might be going, playing scum is usually a graceless and choppy dash to endgame seconds ahead of the house of cards collapsing.
Counterpoint: I do this.
In post 5245, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 5237, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 5236, Nero Cain wrote:you think Bulb is town?
Because your ISO is longer than some games I played in, a little direction to the meat of your reason would help.
?!?!

This is pretty much the norm for me as town and you've played with me a fair amount so what's up with that?

off the top of my head

*his accusation that I am scum 'cause of my "deflect" is both selective and forced

*I do not like his hardcore buddying of the CTD

*I find it suspicious that he didn't vote for themon

*his backtracking on his each team has a scum neighbor
One of these points is solid, the other three are terrible. Can you figure out which one it is?

(Hints: you could argue half the game is buddying CTD and Bulba isn't even doing it anymore, thezmon was obvscum so that's not really relevant, and the backtracking re scum neighbors has been explained to death)
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5259 (ISO) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:21 am

Post by PeregrineV »

@Nero-
-Having a town read on you and thinking your reasons are compelling do not go hand in hand.

Plus, I want to see you kick some other doors, esp. based on the large number of scum I feel we have left.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #5260 (ISO) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:24 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I think you're still voting Cephrir, Peregrine. Why?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5261 (ISO) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:29 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5262, PeregrineV wrote:@Nero-
-Having a town read on you and thinking your reasons are compelling do not go hand in hand.
????????????

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me but w/e.

Nacho, you really think Cephir is town after that pressure point post?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #5262 (ISO) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:31 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Remind me what you're talking about when you say "pressure point post".

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5263 (ISO) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:34 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5261, Cephrir wrote:
In post 5242, ffullisade wrote:
In post 5232, Nero Cain wrote:nope, not really though it is kinda interesting how Nacho was attacking me for attacking Rena and now he has a scum read on said slot. What has changed today for you?
"Our" scumread of Rena has become "My" read. By that I mean there's active consensus.

PeregrineV has very much become a person of interest. And ThAd has come off looking a little better as a result of both the dual roleblocked claims and the concerns about PeregrineV.

I'm feeling more confident that Nacho is town.

I thought yesterday that both the Bulba wagon and Slandaar wagon were a mislynch in progress, and I feel similarly today about bulba. I'm surprised he isn't arguing against it harder, but I can relate a little to feeling that, between shaky reads and near-inevitable mislynch, sooner could be better for town than later. Sometimes I play through a fog of deathwish for weeks.

My town read of you has weakened some. A couple of your posts today sound off notes to me. I hear talk about confident or smug scumplay.
I seldom actualy see someone who turns out to be scum play with visible smugness
. No matter how well things might be going, playing scum is usually a graceless and choppy dash to endgame seconds ahead of the house of cards collapsing.
Counterpoint: I do this.
I don't see any other point to this then "hey, I'm smug as scum, Nero can be too!!!"

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5264 (ISO) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:36 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 5263, Nachomamma8 wrote:I think you're still voting Cephrir, Peregrine. Why?
I have a somewhat scum read on him, and he was an ArcAngel choice for scum which she pushed day 3.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5265 (ISO) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:36 am

Post by Cephrir »

Considering I suspect you I don't see what's so outlandish about that
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5266 (ISO) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:36 am

Post by Cephrir »

that was @nero obviously
Bartleby the Scrivener
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #5267 (ISO) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:37 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 5266, Nero Cain wrote:I don't see any other point to this then "hey, I'm smug as scum, Nero can be too!!!"
I don't either. I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #5268 (ISO) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:37 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 5267, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 5263, Nachomamma8 wrote:I think you're still voting Cephrir, Peregrine. Why?
I have a somewhat scum read on him, and he was an ArcAngel choice for scum which she pushed day 3.
That's not a wagon that's going to go through and that's not a read you seem to care too much about. Got anything better?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5269 (ISO) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:40 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5268, Cephrir wrote:Considering I suspect you I don't see what's so outlandish about that
Why do you suspect me? I don't really remember anything from you other then "yeah what they said" so could you remind me please?

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5270 (ISO) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:41 am

Post by Cephrir »

Not because of Bulb's arguments but because your responses to him have been terrible and unconvincing.

And CTD's case was very good.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5271 (ISO) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:50 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 5247, Bulbazak wrote:Weren't you just saying a moment ago that you were still for Seanald-scum?
Yeah, and I'm angry that Nacho reads him as scum but was nowhere to be found yesterday when I was trying to lynch him.
In post 5253, Nero Cain wrote:oh and Desp but he's prob just derpy town like in WWE and Rena but she is scum too.
the hell? Of the two of us you were easily the derpier one in WWE. Remember when you gladiatorated two townies, one of which was a PR that caught scum the same night? If I had been voted out instead of Mastin the town probably loses.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #5272 (ISO) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:53 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 5274, Desperado wrote:Yeah, and I'm angry that Nacho reads him as scum but was nowhere to be found yesterday when I was trying to lynch him.
and here we are with another opportunity to lynch him and instead you're trying to lynch bulbazak.
why not let me make up for my mistakes and lynch him now?

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5273 (ISO) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:55 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 5271, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 5267, PeregrineV wrote:
That's not a wagon that's going to go through and that's not a read you seem to care too much about. Got anything better?

Looking at the VC:
In post 5154, AngryPidgeon wrote:Bulbazak - 7 (Nero Cain, ThAdmiral, Seanald, CrashTextDummie, Desperado, Human Destroyer, Rena)
Rena - 2 (ffullisade, Cephrir)
PeregrineV - 1 (Nachomamma8)
ThAdmiral - 1 (Bacde)
Nero Cain - 1 (Bulbazak)
Cephrir - 1 (PeregrineV)

Not Voting - 2 (Amethyst Kitty, penguin_alien)

With 15 alive, it's 8 to lynch.
Is any wagon besides Bulba going to go through? We have 8 days and spending it hanging on Bulba and doing nothing else doesn't make sense.

Is Cephrir scum, IYO?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5274 (ISO) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:58 am

Post by Nero Cain »

@ Cephir So basically sheeping CTD. When I flip town is it going to make you wonder about CTD?

I disagree with you (and Desp 'cause I know he said it to and Ffery?) that my posts against Bulb have been terrible. I think I've done a good job but I know that I've had my cases called terrible and then they flip scum so meh. You actually think that being unconvincing is a scumtell?

Desp: But it was you who wanted Nacho lynched for "'causing" the no lynch, Mastin would have likely been lynched anways, and I wasn't the only one that was scumreading you.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”