Open 512: See Nine Plus Plus (Game Ovah)

Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:56 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

Votecount 1.24

[L-6] Saki - Titus
[L-6] CherryDrPepper - Dyslexicon
[L-6] Titus - Saki
[L-6] jmo16mla - StubbsKVM
[L-6] Varsoon - jmo16mla

Not Voting: TunnelVision, Vote Me, CherryDrPepper, Paschendale, Glass, oriole, Flench, Varsoon

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline is Friday, August 2nd, 2013 at 7:30 PM CST ((expired on 2013-08-02 19:30:00)).

---

Last edited by Does Bo Know on Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0
TunnelVision
TunnelVision
Goon
TunnelVision
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:58 pm

Post by TunnelVision »

Titus, please don't put words in my mouth or frame my position. We don't need a tie breaker, we just need answers and more dialogue.
In post 568, Titus wrote:I don't like Saki's followup but I'd put Tunnel as squarely town.?
What is this? I'd made like 5 or 6 posts, have barely done anything, and you putt me down squarely as town? That's bold. Wait, it's not quite as bold if you KNOW I'm town.

Varsoon, I think you're more likely to be a scumball than Saki. The counterclaim thing seems like a calculated mafia play to get the real town roleblocker hung. I also think you have directly contradicted yourself and somebody said conversational/buddying Varsoon isn't town Varsoon (and you're so chatty bro, wassup.) Plus stuff I said earlier.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:03 pm

Post by Titus »

Tunnel, your large post before I said that showed me that you had been reading the entire thread and coming to the same conclusions as me independently regarding Varsoon's behavior and the possible situation there. The odds of someone scummy magically comprehending the same posts as I did for the same reasons but articulating that in their own words that didn't indicate a sheep. That's pretty town to me.

I'd like you to elaborate more on the possible scumVarsoon.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:05 pm

Post by Titus »

*The odds of all that happening and scum are bad. That was my point.
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:09 pm

Post by Saki »

*yawn*
I said specifically that I'd claim once I felt pressured because I was taking Titus lightly (and he wasn't going to bother going after my lynch, given how he was after a Flench lynch). Apparently he shouldn't be 'cause he's scum.
retired
LoL - Atlantica / Viera Assassin (NA)
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
GTKAS: Saki
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:10 pm

Post by Varsoon »

@Tunnel: My reason for counterclaiming was because I am the Roleblocker, and so if Saki is lying/scum, we caught a scum PR on D1. That's pretty good, regardless of the cost.
Also, if you think I have a consistent meta outside of what I control, try again.
Furthermore, on-site, chatty/nonsense Varsoon is town Varsoon. I can actually link you to Xenoblade Mafia, since it just ended. I died early in the game, flipped VT, and that was one where I was even chattier and proposed a gambit that would get at least two players modkilled.
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:10 pm

Post by Saki »

In post 620, Saki wrote:
In post 611, TunnelVision wrote:Second: I get that you didn't want to get lynched, but you weren't doing it to avoid lynch... You WANTED to claim. Why? What is the motivation for wanting to claim so bad? You couldve brought your a game, made a case against a scum all, lobbied for more time before lynch (we have lots of days before dayphase deadline.
You had options that you didn't exhaust.
.. You WANTED to claim.
What options I see none except the claim. I specifically said I didn't want to claim, too. Titus's L-2 vote is why I claimed, not because I wanted to claim.
Enlighten me, TV, 'cause I really don't know.
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:11 pm

Post by Saki »

In post 619, Saki wrote:
In post 617, Titus wrote:Ok, it looks like we may need Pasch to break the tie to decide what we are going to do. Tunnel, Dys and I seem to be in agreement we should lynch one of the roleblocker claimers. Cherry, Glass and Varsoon seem to be against that.

I'd say let's split the difference and look at some other suspects but carefully watch Varsoon and Saki's analysis. If either of them act scummy in their readings (separate from the claims) we should lynch them.

@Glass, I think scum looked at the odds of a 95 percent not roleblocker for each individual spot and figured no cc would happen rather than the aggregate which places about a 30 percent likelihood of a cc roleblocker claim. Still, remote enough for a possible gambit from an early claimer.
try harder for towncred, Titus

VOTE: Titus
You missed trying to put this against me Titus
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:12 pm

Post by Titus »

Saki, never take anything I say lightly unless I indicate it as a joke.

Your statement is also inconsistent. If you were "taking me lightly" why did you feel pressured by my vote change enough to claim?

Varsoon, link me anyway. I'm not sure how a gambit can get players modkilled. I want to see that.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:13 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 632, Saki wrote:
In post 619, Saki wrote:
In post 617, Titus wrote:Ok, it looks like we may need Pasch to break the tie to decide what we are going to do. Tunnel, Dys and I seem to be in agreement we should lynch one of the roleblocker claimers. Cherry, Glass and Varsoon seem to be against that.

I'd say let's split the difference and look at some other suspects but carefully watch Varsoon and Saki's analysis. If either of them act scummy in their readings (separate from the claims) we should lynch them.

@Glass, I think scum looked at the odds of a 95 percent not roleblocker for each individual spot and figured no cc would happen rather than the aggregate which places about a 30 percent likelihood of a cc roleblocker claim. Still, remote enough for a possible gambit from an early claimer.

I'm not going to respond to a comment that's just an insult/mudslinging and wouldn't further the discussion at all.
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:13 pm

Post by Saki »

In post 342, Titus wrote:I've always said I am willing to lynch you.

VOTE: Saki

Claim, since you've said you want to. You should leave out the self-vote though.
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:13 pm

Post by Saki »

In post 634, Titus wrote:
In post 632, Saki wrote:
In post 619, Saki wrote:

I'm not going to respond to a comment that's just an insult/mudslinging and wouldn't further the discussion at all.
I actually think that's a pretty good point I'm making against you.
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:14 pm

Post by Saki »

In post 635, Saki wrote:
In post 342, Titus wrote:I've always said I am willing to lynch you.

VOTE: Saki

Claim, since you've said you want to. You should leave out the self-vote though.
I took you lightly before this, did not take you as wanting to lynch me at all. You were
so
set on Flench.
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:17 pm

Post by Titus »

You think it's me seeking town cred. It was me suggesting a course of action trying hard not to get caught up in the same course of action/tunneling. Not seeing much to discuss there.

You were not acting as scummy when I voted Flench for what I perceived and still perceive as a slip. You started acting somewhat scummy and wanted to claim, so I created the scenario to make that happen by voting you.
CherryDrPepper
CherryDrPepper
Goon
CherryDrPepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:20 pm

Post by CherryDrPepper »

Except you doubted Saki's claim way before Varsoon claimed:
In post 346, Titus wrote:Why am I scummy Saki, beyond the fact that I find you scummy?

There's about a fifty percent change of a town roleblocker being in the game (.95^11). It's much more likely a scum roleblocker is present in the game. I believe you are a roleblocker Saki, just the scum roleblocker.
In post 348, Titus wrote:Roleblocker is an excellent fake claim for a scum roleblocker. After all, you just ask who did you roleblock and the scum roleblocker can give the same answer as a town roleblocker would.

I stand corrected on my math though.
In post 353, Titus wrote:I'd imagine a scum who isn't a roleblocker fake claiming vanilla townie or doctor. Those two are the easiest to hide as. Doctor, the scum can pretend to be incompetent. Without a tracker, townie can't really be disproven either.

You can't also claim my statistics argument as bad and then claim scum are unlikely to get a roleblocker. Three PRs is possible. In fact, that would be about a 50/50 shot.

Actually, Saki I didn't have you scummy for the whole game. I suspected you due to your opening but that's different than having you as scummy. You kinda volunteered to claim, hardly "jumping in for the kill". I also don't see your behavior as newbie town PR paranoia.
And a few more... then when Varson claimed you used it to cast even MORE doubt on Saki's claim, you would be doubting Saki regardless of Varsoon's claim, sorry but i have a hard time believing you're town now.

-Sakura Hana
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:23 pm

Post by Titus »

I didn't believe Saki's claim and that's why you're thinking I'm scum? I have to be missing something here Cherry because I'm not understanding your reasoning at all.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:25 pm

Post by Varsoon »

@Titus: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=28572 Just iso me in that game.

@Cherry: Which is why I am hesitant. Titus seems really eager for the Saki lynch, which is null, given the situation. Still, makes me noided.
CherryDrPepper
CherryDrPepper
Goon
CherryDrPepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:26 pm

Post by CherryDrPepper »

If i'm wrong, then tell me would you still suspect Saki by this point if Varsoon never claimed?

-Sakura Hana
TunnelVision
TunnelVision
Goon
TunnelVision
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:28 pm

Post by TunnelVision »

In post 623, Glass wrote:
Saki wrote: What options I see none except the claim. I specifically said I didn't want to claim, too. Titus's L-2 vote is why I claimed, not because I wanted to claim.
It's pretty clear that you wanted to claim by the fact that you:
1. Thought that you had to be L-1 to claim.
2. Was going to vote yourself to put yourself at L-1 so you could claim.
Scum. Sit tight, I'm going to get to you shortly. Mafia loves to jump into an active interrogation and say, "Yeah, what he said. It's obvious, I saw it too." I can ride Saki on my own, don't need your help. Go back to that non-committal stuff you've been throwing around all game.

-1-
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:29 pm

Post by Titus »

I might have suspected Saki if Varsoon never claimed but I wouldn't be voting him. It's hard to say what I would have done in a different scenario. Lynching an uncced PR is insanely stupid and far too risky so I definitely wouldn't have pushed for Saki's lynch.

Here, I think we should just lynch the scummiest between Saki and Varsoon due to the abysmal odds of having two full roleblockers. I think Saki is the scummiest. If I'm convinced that Varsoon is the scummiest, I have no problem voting him.
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:30 pm

Post by Saki »

In post 638, Titus wrote:You think it's me seeking town cred. It was me suggesting a course of action trying hard not to get caught up in the same course of action/tunneling. Not seeing much to discuss there.

You were not acting as scummy when I voted Flench for what I perceived and still perceive as a slip. You started acting somewhat scummy and wanted to claim, so I created the scenario to make that happen by voting you.
Yes you're trying extremely hard for towncred. Deny it outright or accept it outright. Don't turn the question to something else.

So you going in circles about setup speculation with Sakura and oriole is not getting "caught up in the same course of action"?
Trying not to tunnel -- I guess that's why you traded questions with Varsoon at ? Not buddying Varsoon?

I never wanted to claim. Please link me a post where I explicitly said I wanted to claim.

@TV You're scum.
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
TunnelVision
TunnelVision
Goon
TunnelVision
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:32 pm

Post by TunnelVision »

In post 630, Varsoon wrote:@Tunnel: My reason for counterclaiming was because I am the Roleblocker, and so if Saki is lying/scum, we caught a scum PR on D1. That's pretty good, regardless of the cost.
Also, if you think I have a consistent meta outside of what I control, try again.
Furthermore, on-site, chatty/nonsense Varsoon is town Varsoon. I can actually link you to Xenoblade Mafia, since it just ended. I died early in the game, flipped VT, and that was one where I was even chattier and proposed a gambit that would get at least two players modkilled.
I don't give a crap about your meta. Meta is useless. You said it yourself. A player that is cognizant of their own meta can manipulate it any which way. You're selectively using meta to suit your needs. That's as scummy as it can get. I can point to a game where I played exactly like this as scum. I can show you another one where I played exactly like this as town.

I don't care about your history. I care about your actions. Your motivation. Consistency. You've got loopholes so big that I can fly a plane through them. Answer my questions about drawing attention. Why if you are a role holder do you want so much attention? Why are you trying to draw heat from scum if you are ACTUALLY a power role? That's the biggest rube move I've ever seen from a rube of your ruby rube rube.

-1-
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:34 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 645, Saki wrote:
In post 638, Titus wrote:You think it's me seeking town cred. It was me suggesting a course of action trying hard not to get caught up in the same course of action/tunneling. Not seeing much to discuss there.

Yes you're trying extremely hard for towncred. Deny it outright or accept it outright. Don't turn the question to something else.

So you going in circles about setup speculation with Sakura and oriole is not getting "caught up in the same course of action"?
Trying not to tunnel -- I guess that's why you traded questions with Varsoon at ? Not buddying Varsoon?

I never wanted to claim. Please link me a post where I explicitly said I wanted to claim.

@TV You're scum.
Pretty sure you can put me in the always denying seeking towncred outright camp.

I already linked the post where you wanted to claim. See post 622.
In post 622, Titus wrote:
In post 331, Saki wrote:
In post 329, Varsoon wrote: @Saki: Claims shouldn't be taken lightly, and there's never reason to vote yourself unless you just want to suicide and yell at town for being incompetent. Okay, well, I did that once, but, yeah, don't.
I kinda want to atm.
Bullcrap on you not wanting to claim Saki. That's all.
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:36 pm

Post by Saki »

That?
I was replying to "yell at town for being incompetent."

Jesus.
Misrep.

You've deathtunneled me for around fifteen pages based off a misrep. How do you feel now?
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
CherryDrPepper
CherryDrPepper
Goon
CherryDrPepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:37 pm

Post by CherryDrPepper »

In post 644, Titus wrote:I might have suspected Saki if Varsoon never claimed but I wouldn't be voting him. It's hard to say what I would have done in a different scenario. Lynching an uncced PR is insanely stupid and far too risky so I definitely wouldn't have pushed for Saki's lynch.

Here, I think we should just lynch the scummiest between Saki and Varsoon due to the abysmal odds of having two full roleblockers. I think Saki is the scummiest. If I'm convinced that Varsoon is the scummiest, I have no problem voting him.
The fact that you didn't wait until Varsoon's claim and continued to suspect saki shows me that you're tunneling on him. Anything he does you will see it as bad.
Normal town reaction to a PR claim would be "Oh shit! he's a PR quickly unvote before scum quickhammers!" not "You're lying, you're not a PR, go buy a better fake claim" even you said yourself he was 50/50 before Varsoon claimed, you still suspected him, it seems to me like you wanted to go off under the radar and mislynch a PR, which takes me to the most interesting scenario, we might have BBB, let's not go with number probabilties and let's go with scenarios.
1. There's 2 Town roleblockers (which means there's a 3rd scum roleblocker)
2. There's a town and a scum roleblocker.
3. One of them is scum roleblocker and the other is scum lying for town cred.

Scenario wise we have 50% chance that we're lynching townie and all 3 scenarios could very well apply to Varsoon as Saki, yet you're pretty certain Saki's the scummier choice, even before Varsoon claimed, which makes me think there's something you know that we don't, or maybe... something that you want to make us think.

-Sakura Hana

Return to “Completed Open Games”