Open 512: See Nine Plus Plus (Game Ovah)

CherryDrPepper
CherryDrPepper
Goon
CherryDrPepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:57 pm

Post by CherryDrPepper »

Ok so we got another roleblocker claim, but we can't be sure he's town, hmm saki scum is looking more likely again but i'm not gonna lay my vote again yet until we hear from everyone else, and specially from my other head.

One thing is for sure, if one roleblocker is scum, the other is confirmed town and viceversa (way too unlikely to be 2 Town RBs)

-Sakura Hana
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:59 pm

Post by Titus »

I never explicitly said Varsoon was town. I kinda hint in this post that I suspected that Varsoon was a PR.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:59 pm

Post by Titus »

I never explicitly said Varsoon was town because that would throw off what I perceived his plan to be, look scummy enough to draw suspicion and avoid a night kill.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:00 pm

Post by oriole »

In post 397, Titus wrote:I've been pretty clear that I've always thought Varsoon as town. So yeah, I trust my town read over my scum read.
Don't you think you're exaggerating a bit here?
Oriole and Oreo, they look similar. I'll probably respond to both.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:02 pm

Post by Varsoon »

@oriole: My RolePM specifically says I can use my Roleblock once each night.

Titus is going to get out of this one because he's town, Saki. It'd be nice if you could build a case on him, rather than a spat.

@Titus: What happens if we lynch Saki and Saki flips Roleblocker? Isn't there a chance that we're both Roleblockers?
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:03 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

Votecount 1.15

[L-4] Saki - Flench, Varsoon, Titus
[L-5] CherryDrPepper - Dyslexicon, oriole
[L-5] jmo16mla - Glass, StubbsKVM
[L-6] Glass - jmo16mla
[L-6] Titus - Saki

Not Voting: TunnelVision, Vote Me, CherryDrPepper, Paschendale

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline is Friday, August 2nd, 2013 at 7:30 PM CST ((expired on 2013-08-02 19:30:00)).

---

Last edited by Does Bo Know on Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:04 pm

Post by Titus »

Read the above. Also look at the discussion with Saki regarding the differences in their behavior. I refused to say that Varsoon was scum, because I perceived a plan in his actions. If it wasn't clear that I was implying I saw Varsoon as town, I need to work on my implying skills.

@Varsoon, I would lynch you if Saki came back town. I find the odds astronomical that there are two roleblockers.
CherryDrPepper
CherryDrPepper
Goon
CherryDrPepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:05 pm

Post by CherryDrPepper »

@Mod: Apparently i dissapeared from the vote count, i'm not even not voting
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:07 pm

Post by oriole »

In post 406, Titus wrote:Read the above. Also look at the discussion with Saki regarding the differences in their behavior. I refused to say that Varsoon was scum, because I perceived a plan in his actions. If it wasn't clear that I was implying I saw Varsoon as town, I need to work on my implying skills.

@Varsoon, I would lynch you if Saki came back town. I find the odds astronomical that there are two roleblockers.
I was actually poking at the "always" part of it, because you made your suspicions of Varsoon rather clear early in the game.

To be honest, I thought that the post you linked to was rather blatant.

Anyways, I'm off for the night.
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:09 pm

Post by Saki »

Went through an ISO of Titus before I'm going to bed.

You didn't even think I was scum then. That's olddddddd. So your read on Varsoon has not changed at all since then?
"Gambits are scummy." Varsoon's isn't?
You say you're conflicted about Varsoon's alignment, most likely not being able to read him.
"Defense is scummy while offense is not." Also you call me out on tunneling yet that's what you've been doing to me the past few pages.
You also hint at 'Varsoon's Overarching Plan' too much to make legitimate.

P-Edit :: Varsoon yes there might be two roleblockers. And the case on Titus is the most solid one I can probably make at the moment. Are you worried that all your buddying with Titus is going to get you killed when Titus flips scum?

@Titus
You're trying to make something out of nothing.
retired
LoL - Atlantica / Viera Assassin (NA)
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
GTKAS: Saki
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:10 pm

Post by Paschendale »

In post 383, Titus wrote:
In post 377, Paschendale wrote:I don't like this whole claim situation. Saki, you shouldn't have put yourself into this situation, and I don't think your supposed tests and gambits are any good. All you've done is prove yourself a liability and a target. I hope you are fakeclaiming, and that you're really a VT, so you can lure away a night kill.

Titus, why Flench and not Glass? Make your case.
Glass, I'm not sure if Glass is town or scum. He could be scum. I am more confident that Flench is scum for the reasons I previously posted in Post 230. He hasn't posted since that discussion I believe, at least not anything of significant value. I'll almost always vote for who I suspect the heaviest of being scum. Glass I could go either way on at this point. French, I'm much more confident in my scum read.
I already addressed that post and disagreed with most of them. If you want to sell this case, you'll need more than that.
In post 386, Varsoon wrote:Well, because I am Roleblocker.
This I find rather hard to swallow. I actually find Saki's claim more believable. But I like that this will make it easier to clear/condemn Varsoon.
In post 395, Saki wrote:Extra scumpoints for trying to dismiss my case before I even make it with OMGUS.
Then you should have made it when you voted, cuz it looks like an OMGUS to me.

Let's look at someone else besides Saki. Lurkers, do something!
In post 404, Varsoon wrote:@Titus: What happens if we lynch Saki and Saki flips Roleblocker? Isn't there a chance that we're both Roleblockers?
You'd better hope that you choose your night targets well. I wouldn't condemn you right away if he did, but I obviously am going to keep a critical eye on you.
In post 407, CherryDrPepper wrote:
@Mod: Apparently i dissapeared from the vote count, i'm not even not voting
I did, too.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:12 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

Yeah, I need to fix that. Wasn't paying attention. Will be fixing that in previous vote counts throughout the next few minutes.
~DBK
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:17 pm

Post by Varsoon »

@Pasche: I will flip Roleblocker if I die.
Also, I will choose the target we agree on. I'd like to talk to all of town about who I should Roleblock.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:20 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

Holy shit, tons of errors in Vote Counts. Yeah, if you guys notice anything from now on, let me know.
~DBK
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:21 pm

Post by Titus »

Talking with specific names might be problematic. The mafia might just pick someone else to send for the kill if we announce it in public.
Dyslexicon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:22 pm

Post by Dyslexicon »

Been proded, so sorry =/
Am on holiday and just can't be as frequent as I'd like. Promise to catch up tomorrow morning though. (Currently drunk, lol).
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:24 pm

Post by Varsoon »

@Titus: I thought of this and figure'd we come up with a pool of folks. Or, you know, not talk about it at all.

@Dyslexicon: Enjoy yourself! :D
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:32 pm

Post by oriole »

This game will make me develop insomnia.

If Saki is town I don't know what a scum!Varsoon would be doing also claiming full roleblocker. Then again, he's already pretty much claimed scum Roleblocker in this thread, so...?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:32 pm

Post by Titus »

@Varsoon/Saki, I definitely think we should look at lynching between the roleblockers. There is the alternative of just having the roleblockers block each other. That seems like a total waste though. I'd rather see someone who has flown under the radar or someone who has a lot of null reads despite being active be blocked.

@Dyslexicon, Enjoy the drink.

@oriole, what is your opinion on the two claimers?

@Saki, post 198 is two days old. That's not ooollld. My reads don't usually change on a dime. 219 doesn't say gambits are scummy. Way to misrep. There is no quote saying "gambits are scummy" because I never said that or communicated that. Post 262, since I suspected Varsoon of being a PR, I wasn't going to explicitly claim he's town. There was no conflict at all. I've hardly been tunnelling you, that's just where the conversation was. My other scum read has been suspiciously absent. Don't think I haven't noticed that. I've also tried to make sure everyone is giving their direct input and not going OMG! He disagreed, scummy.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:34 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 417, oriole wrote:This game will make me develop insomnia.

If Saki is town I don't know what a scum!Varsoon would be doing also claiming full roleblocker. Then again, he's already pretty much claimed scum Roleblocker in this thread, so...?
That's precisely the behavior that made me think Varsoon is a town PR, faking the extra scummy. He's done this since the start of the thread, while generally helping the town otherwise. He answers the "town points" question. He gives us the meta confusion, he drops hints that he's scum deliberately. Meanwhile, he's legitimately scumhunting and asking questions of people (note his exchange with me where he's paranoid and asks how I see things).
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:41 pm

Post by Varsoon »

At the very least, I'll let you know who I roleblock if we make it to the next day.
CherryDrPepper
CherryDrPepper
Goon
CherryDrPepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:43 pm

Post by CherryDrPepper »

Titus: I got a question for you, you say that Varsoon has been acting scummy in order to attract scum attention towards him for being a PR, but why aren't you saying the same thing about Saki?

P-Edit: Varsoon: If you must, you should breadcrumb it somehow, not say it openly. I also agree that is a good idea to make it public.
CherryDrPepper
CherryDrPepper
Goon
CherryDrPepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:43 pm

Post by CherryDrPepper »

^
-Sakura Hana

Wow going back and forth between main and hydra gets annoying X_X
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:48 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 421, CherryDrPepper wrote:Titus: I got a question for you, you say that Varsoon has been acting scummy in order to attract scum attention towards him for being a PR, but why aren't you saying the same thing about Saki?

P-Edit: Varsoon: If you must, you should breadcrumb it somehow, not say it openly. I also agree that is a good idea to make it public.

Apparently, this has not been clear the other times I have answered this. Saki's scummy behavior has always been a response to pressure and doesn't seem to be part of an overarching plan. Saki seemed to be tunnelling you when you were pressuring Saki hard. Now that I am, I am scum. Varsoon has questioned and legitimately scum hunted. He's asking intelligent questions designed to get answers that will benefit town in the long run. Saki's posts seem to be more defensive and all about laying the groundwork that he's town rather than scum hunting. Saki's planting seeds that appear to be defensive. For instance, the claim that the Varsoon vote was just to look for your reaction. Varsoon's seem to be more systemic and planned out such as the meta inconsistencies when no one was really pressuring him, answering town points questions, etc.

Which claim do your head(s) believe is more genuine? Why? Do you believe any possibility that both are town or both are scum?
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:01 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

Anyone down for a varsoon lynch?

VOTE: varsoon
town: 15:13 Scum 4:4

Return to “Completed Open Games”