Open 512: See Nine Plus Plus (Game Ovah)

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:52 pm

Post by Titus »

Ok. What strange voting and reasoning do you see?
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:00 pm

Post by Paschendale »

In post 249, Flench wrote:Strongest town reads are Oriole and Dyslexicon, they both have been making productive posts and them being town agrees with my mafia suspicions.

I do think a mafia member has been targeted/pressured in this game, I am seeing some strange voting and reasoning for it at this point. We may have hit a nerve early.
Could you elaborate on these points?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:16 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Okay, let's get a few things straight.
I just got back from my V/LA, but I'm settling into a new home, so don't expect me around 24/7... yet.
Here's an attempt to answer people's questions, but please throw me bolded ones if you want me to get them/I forget any:

@Glass: I swapped my vote onto Saki after re-reading and Iso'ing some players. It's what I do from time to time in early-game to see if there's stuff I miss. I don't like the lack of articulation on early votes Saki's made. Also, calls for sheeping and all that.
As for the swap from JMO, who is still on my scum-list, I just wanted to put pressure there. He posted a bit out of it, which was good, even if the content was lacking. I got what I wanted with my vote, although no one seems to care about lynching JMO's transparent scum-game, so I'd rather shift focus.

@Nerds: I tried to guess Saki's avatar because I figured I knew what it was/was entertaining the idea. If I wanted town points, I wouldn't claim scum. Rube harder, Rubes.

@Saki: I put a vote on you for pressure. Thanks for the OMGUS/poor return on my serve. :P
Also-also, I'm going to bash you over the head if you think I'm stupid enough to try to earn town-cred with such pointless and obvious shenanigans. I've claimed scum in the thread already. Twice in this post. I'm kind-a in charge of my rhetoric, so don't say "OOOH LOOKIT DIS SLIP", because if it was there and you noticed it, that's 'cus I wanted you to.

That pretty much clears it up. Vote stays on ball-Saki.
Get some ice for those burns.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:17 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Seriously, Saki's done nothing since I voted Saki other than break VLA to bitch about it and put fire on my back.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:02 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

Votecount 1.9

[L-3] Saki - Flench, Paschendale, CherryDrPepper, Varsoon
[L-4] CherryDrPepper - Dyslexicon, Saki, oriole
[L-5] jmo16mla - Glass, StubbsKVM
[L-6] Glass - jmo16mla
[L-6] Flench - Titus

Not Voting: Vote Me, TunnelVision

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline is Friday, August 2nd, 2013 at 7:30 PM CST ((expired on 2013-08-02 19:30:00)).

---

Saki is V/LA until July 17th.
Varsoon is V/LA for a few days (ETA July 17th).
Last edited by Does Bo Know on Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:54 am

Post by Saki »

Laughing off my scumread with "oh that was OMGUS"
and
providing no coherent counter-argument?
AND
AtE to boot?

Looks like we have our first scum/wolf right here.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Varsoon
retired
LoL - Atlantica / Viera Assassin (NA)
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
GTKAS: Saki
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:57 am

Post by Saki »

Between CherryDP and Varsoon, I'd prioritize the hydra but I think I can supply a much more clear argument about Varsoon-scum
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:58 am

Post by Saki »

oh crap forget the mention of wolves in
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:06 am

Post by Titus »

@Saki, your vote should be on the person who is most likely scum, not the person who you think you can convince us is scum. You shouldn't be worried about "convincing us" but just giving information right now. Plus, you want to prioritize a hydra solely because they are a hydra at this point. I hate policy lynches.
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:08 am

Post by Saki »

In post 258, Titus wrote:@Saki, your vote should be on the person who is most likely scum, not the person who you think you can convince us is scum. You shouldn't be worried about "convincing us" but just giving information right now. Plus, you want to prioritize a hydra solely because they are a hydra at this point. I hate policy lynches.
If only you could get into my head and see what I'm thinking atm.

I do want a lynch on CherryDP over Varsoon but as I said and as you said my case on CherryDP isn't too solid right now.

Yes I should be worried about 'convincing you all' since that's how lynches happen. A single vote from me evokes nothing but a reaction (which I can try to read but seems like it'll be batted off the same way people are batting off all my posts).
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:10 am

Post by Saki »

It's my first time playing with a hydra and I feel really paranoid about it 'cause I don't know how they work, really. (Same goes for ICs)
I personally feel like we shouldn't risk a hydra being scum, ever but that's just that paranoia flowing through me.
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:12 am

Post by Saki »

Simply, at the moment, I don't know/understand why Varsoon translated from his buddy-buddy attitude to .

I don't like the way he's reacting to the pressure, even if it's coming from me.

I really haven't liked him since the beginning of the thread either, he's acting way too friendly, especially towards Pasche.
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:20 am

Post by Titus »

Totally ignoring convincing us wasn't the point. Yet, your vote should be on who the scummiest is. I find it odd that you are pushing a lynch on someone who appears to be wanting to draw attention to himself. Varsoon has pulled a lot of "OMG obv scum" moves right off the bat. Why? This is either ridiculously poor scum play or town trying to draw attention. I think I know why Varsoon is doing that. If I'm right, it might backfire... hard, because the play is too obvious.

I don't like your focus on convincing us. Your focus should be on finding the truth, which means availing yourself of the possibility that you are indeed wrong. You also demonstrate a sense of paranoia that indicates not agreeing with you = ignoring you. That's hardly the case.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:42 am

Post by jmo16mla »

Prod dodge
town: 15:13 Scum 4:4
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:46 am

Post by Titus »

Really, a prod dodge. (That's posting solely to avoid being prodded right?)

You could at least comment on what you think of Saki's latest posts. There's plenty that's happened that's worth commenting on. I really don't like a prod dodge right here.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:50 am

Post by jmo16mla »

If I haven't read, and currently am not in the position to read, I wouldn't have anything to comment on now would I?
town: 15:13 Scum 4:4
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:52 am

Post by Titus »

Then why not include a post that says, haven't read, will post later? A prod dodge here suggests that you're just trying to lurk under the radar undetected. If you're not "in the position to read", then why not say you're on V/LA?
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:53 am

Post by Saki »

Well I haven't really got the sense that people have been reading my posts, other than you or Pasche. Everyone seems more focused on debating whether or not I'm scum.

I'm not trying to convince people over hunting scum but that's what I see other people doing (specifically Cherry and Varsoon) and completely ignoring other people's opinions isn't the way to hunt scum.

I am not 100% focused on convincing you guys over hunting scum. If I wanted to convince you guys that bad I'd get on my own wagon since that's the way you guys are leaning.

Thank you for clarifying Varsoon's play but that opens up a point I was trying to make.

I find it odd that you are pushing a lynch on someone who appears to be wanting to draw attention to himself.

Hey guys isn't that what my wagon is all about?
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:54 am

Post by Saki »

:| leave him be not everyone is active as you Titus.
(I am dying to see what people think of me though *squeak*)
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
CherryDrPepper
CherryDrPepper
Goon
CherryDrPepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:56 am

Post by CherryDrPepper »

I think at this point Saki is just trying to throw shit at the wall and see what sticks. We are scum for providing a read list? By that logic, anyone who has called anyone any alignment, must be scum right? /sarcasm
I am a firm believer in formulating read lists and how they can be perceived as town or scum. The thing is, scum would have no need to form a read list, so its easy to pick out scum from seeing whether or not the read list is genuine or forced.

If you really think we are scum and want us lynched over Varsoon, then changing the vote because youre case isnt compelling enough seems like youre trying to please people. The deadline is too far away to worry about this, sowhy change the vote now?

DoctorPepper
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:06 am

Post by Saki »

In post 267, Saki wrote:
I find it odd that you are pushing a lynch on someone who appears to be wanting to draw attention to himself.

Hey guys isn't that what my wagon is all about?
I'm playing like a certain someone. Now that I try to lynch that certain someone people start 'throwing shit' back at me. Especially another certain someone on my wagon.

Hypocrisy is a scum-tell, no? That makes for everyone on my wagon to be slightly scummy yet you stood out because you're pushing me so zealously. (You're okay with lynching me but not Varsoon?)
Besides I already made it clear that my play is focused on reaction-fishing.

I thought the readslist argument was over, yet you bring it up again. I don't like those since they mostly do little else than parroting and seem like a good way for scum to look like they are scumhunting. Yes they do bring much to scumhunting but at this point? With all those days 'till deadline and only 10 pages? No. I don't think so. Hence my scumread of it.

Why would scum have no need to form a readslist? It's a
great
way to save face and also to pursure mislynches. By the way your readslist seemed more forced than genuine.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: CherryDrPepper

The whole Varsoon lynch thing was a fluke to draw you out. I'm almost certain that you're scum now.
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:06 am

Post by Saki »

pursue*
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:13 am

Post by Titus »

You're certain CherryDr.Pepper is scum due to a necroargument. That is very weak. I get the additional scrutiny because he's a hydra but I can't go that far. I'm not certain CherryDr.Pepper is town. I don't think readlists are that obvious to detect town versus scum though either. Can you find me a readlist of Cherry's that seems to be faked or somehow otherwise scummy? (That seems to split the baby here. If CherryDr.Pepper is certain that scum can be caught in readlists, he wouldn't mind an effort by someone to try.).

I know not everyone is active as me Saki but I find it odd that you utterly dismiss the possibility that a prod dodge can be scummy, especially when you were just complaining how people dismiss your arguments out of hand.
CherryDrPepper
CherryDrPepper
Goon
CherryDrPepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:15 am

Post by CherryDrPepper »

Exactly how was it a fluke to draw us out when I specifically pointed out the flaw in you voting for Varsoon? Seems like a shitty way to save face btw.

Hypocrisy is not a scum tell because everyone can be a hypocrite. Being a hyprocrite does not equate to being scum because its as easy for anyone to act like one.

1) when was it over? It may have been over for you but it wasnt for me, as you have noticed I just re entered the game (we do sign our posts after all)
2) look like they are scum hunting? Great way to save face? Wasnt this my point? They dont need to create a read list, because they know who is town. So the read list they create is fake, which is what we need to look for. You being so against it seems likeyoure afraid of what could possibly happen to you when you are asked for a read list?

Saki is scum.

DoctorPepper

Im not saying its certain btw, Im just saying why theyre useful
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:18 am

Post by Saki »

meh. If jmo goes V/LA let someone else argue for his lynch while he's V/LA like Cherry did to me.

and my main point was not the readslist argument it was the argument that you guys want to lynch me for wanting attention but not varsoon for wanting attention
which is hypocritical
which puts CherryDP who was pushing for my lynch the strongest in a scummy light

also at the readslist stuff. It's not wholly town-motivated as CherryDP said. The readslist does not make CherryDP more town as he/she says it does.
I personally hate those readslists and that's something that people can't really argue with.
I don't think I should comment on that further. 'negroargument' heh.
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed

Return to “Completed Open Games”