Open 512: See Nine Plus Plus (Game Ovah)

Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:13 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

Votecount 1.6

[L-4] Saki - Flench, Paschendale, CherryDrPepper
[L-5] jmo16mla - Glass, StubbsKVM
[L-6] Glass - jmo16mla
[L-6] Titus - Dyslexicon
[L-6] TunnelVision - oriole
[L-6] Varsoon - TunnelVision
[L-6] Flench - Titus

Not Voting: Varsoon, Vote Me, Saki

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline is Friday, August 2nd, 2013 at 7:30 PM CST ((expired on 2013-08-02 19:30:00)).

---

Saki is V/LA until July 17th.
Varsoon is V/LA for a few days (ETA July 17th).
Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:44 pm

Post by Paschendale »

Pasch's current reads

Vote Me: Only a few posts. But they're decent. Why the unvote on Cherry? It doesn't seem like anything triggered that change. Getting better as the game continues.
Jmo: Lots of comments. Minimal conclusions. Unjustified votes. This kind of style is disjointed and hard to follow. Started out wanting to vote him, but giving him a little benefit of the doubt.
Glass: Basically just laying down steaming piles of bullshit. Like the "I already explained why I voted for Titus" bit. The only post where he addresses his vote on Titus at all is only saying that others are misinterpreting him. No actual reason. And then Jmo for... not jumping to answer him. More votes for Glass!
Stubbs: Two posts, but not afraid to vote. I want more, but I like what I've seen so far.
Cherry (Hydra): Unsure. Just enough to look like contribution, but not super useful. Merits a sharp eye.
TunnelV (Hydra: Definitely not enough. Holding back and wtf is with the awful Varsoon vote?
Titus: Meta read on Titus is that his style is a little weird. But he's got an honest vibe. I don't like his vote on Flench, though. I don't see a slip, and even so, slips are pretty weak reasons for a vote. Town, but wrong.
Saki: Tons of votes, no reasons, actually tries to push a policy lynch on page two... and then turns and runs the other way. String him up!
Dyslexicon: Needs more. First impression okay, but not enough to make a decision yet.
Oriole: Decent. On the fence, but I see scumhunting. Looks okay so far.
Flench: I don't see why anyone is confused about Flench's points. Maybe not the most effective scumhunting, but it's a start.
Varsoon: Lots of questions, not so much with conclusions. If there's anything Varsoon is not shy to do, it's tell you what he thinks. Varsoon goes out on a limb like its his job. so why the hesitation here? It's suspicious.

-Town-
Vote Me
Titus

-Leaning Town-
StubbsKVM
Dyslexicon
Oriole
Flench

-Leaning Scum-
Jmo (Moving up from scum, but not up to leaning town yet)
TunnelVision
Cherry
Varsoon (Not leaning very hard, though)

-Scummy Scum McScummerson-
Glass
Saki

Vote remains on Saki.

Also, being confirmed town is really weird. Not having to prove that I'm not lying is a very different experience.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:03 pm

Post by Glass »

Pasch wrote: Glass: Basically just laying down steaming piles of bullshit. Like the "I already explained why I voted for Titus" bit. The only post where he addresses his vote on Titus at all is only saying that others are misinterpreting him.
I did say my reason after saying that you misinterpreted me:
Glass wrote:Titus has a suspect in mind but keeping his vote RVS because he is scared that a wagon will form on his suspect... Doesn't really make sense to me.
I'm glad that that is cleared up.

Pasch wrote:And then Jmo for... not jumping to answer him.
Voting without reason -> asked about reason several times and deflected followed by avoiding/ignoring the question. At least try to look at this objectively and you will see what I mean.
Pasch wrote:slips are pretty weak reasons for a vote.
O_o
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:29 pm

Post by Titus »

@Pachendale, Slips are a weak reason for a vote? To me, if it's a confirmed slip, it's the BEST reason to vote for someone short of night action confirming them as scum. I understand that some disagree with me on that being a slip though.

I'm agreeing with Glass on jmo. There were examples of jmo buddying me along with the avoidance glass mentioned. He's my second suspect.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:51 pm

Post by Paschendale »

Most slips aren't really slips. That's why they're a weak tell. Yeah, if you get a good one, but the majority of them aren't good ones. Perhaps I phrased it wrong originally. Most things that look like slips aren't really slips.

Glass' response is too disjointed to make sense and includes edited quotes from me and himself without links. That looks even worse.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:25 pm

Post by Varsoon »

@Pasche: I can make sense of Glass' response, but maybe just because I'm good at sense-making. Or exceptionally and decisively terrible at it. Anyways!

Saki's scum, I agree with you on this point. I... still really don't want to put a vote on a V/LA person, but my vote's my weapon, so I've got to put pressure there. Please forgive me, Saki.
I think this mostly stems from a time I got lynched while I was on V/LA. It was the lamest thing, and made me fume at stupid town for about a week.
Vote: Saki

Sorry for being kinda wishy-washy and half-assed so far in this game. I'm usually the loudest person.
I've spent most my day packing and seeing friends for the last time. :/
I'll be a lot more active once I get up and running in my new place!!

In the mean-time, anyone got any questions for me?
Oh, and!

@Pasche: Conclusions!!
Jmo is totes scum. He's a pretty dodgy player in general, like the kind of person who says "You guys are idiots" when votes amass on him. Dunno if that's a null-tell for him, but it's just plain scummy in my perspective so I'm putting him down in the naughty list.
Saki's input is terrible and interactions are bad.
Titus is right for not trusting me.
Vote Me is really strange. People usually don't say that I'm confirmed town until a day or two in. Actually, people usually just lynch me, hahah.

I don't wanna die early, but if dying early is what it takes for scum to get lynched, eh. It's worth.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:29 pm

Post by Titus »

Ok, Varsoon has now picked up on the post where Vote Me said he'd never vote for Varsooon. Either Varsoon is tossing suspicion away from that conclusion so mafia doesn't figure it out, or my guess was wrong. We might see soon.

Why am I right for not trusting you Varsoon? That doesn't make much sense. That's not something players usually come out and say.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:36 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Well, I noticed it awhile ago, and I felt the best play was to not say anything about it. Now that other players are bringing it up and looking my way, I'd like to toss suspicion away for sure. It's probably not what you're thinking though, that's a bit overt.

You shouldn't ever trust anyone who isn't in-thread confirmed. Given my play so far, it'd be really suspicious to just flat and trust me. I've soft-claimed scum and played like a louse. It's a crummy Varsoon tactic that players like orcinus and Hiraki really hate.
Dyslexicon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:44 pm

Post by Dyslexicon »

In post 103, TunnelVision wrote:Titus, I see a bunch of things in your posting/ playstyle that I feel are similar to mine. This will make my reads on you problematic/compromised. I shall defer to Number 2. But to be clear, my gut read is slight town on Titus.
If Titus has a similar style, won't it also be easier to spot what angle his coming from?
In post 104, jmo16mla wrote:Kinda thought it was obvious the reason I voted for you in the last post, I see Titus as newb town. Your vote on him is because he is an easy lynch target at this point in the game.
I don't believe you've explained why Titus was a newb town read to you, please do. Also if Titus is town this doesn't make Glass scum just like that, it's not like town never vote town.
In post 132, Varsoon wrote:So here's a quick reads list with no nulls, since nulls are for rubes.
That akward moment when you realize you are a rube. I don't agree with your rationale on null reads being non-informative to town. I actually find forcing alignment reads if you don't really have it less helpful, but that's just my preference. This is more meta-game related though.
Dyslexicon - Town. (Or, at least, is playing way more town in those two posts then I've ever seen the player play town. Really engaged and probing in the right areas, I feel. Also, to answer, it feels like no one else wants to pressure JMO or Saki for voting without articulation. That shit bugs me.)
I asked because it seemed jumpy of you to say "noone cares" when only two people or so even had the chance to post after his vote.
In post 149, Titus wrote:The more I see. The more convinced I am Saki is indeed a mislynch. In post 35, Saki says "town points to whoever guesses my avatar". That's a pretty good way to trap newbie scum, because they will indeed guess at it.
No one fell for it
, but it was an excellent way to spark discussion. Saki also got voted up very quickly after Paschendale voted Saki. Flench's vote before Paschendale was a clear OMGUS. CherryDr.Pepper's next post was a sheeping post for the exact same reason as Paschendale's. I'm not sure if that's Sakuna's play to be a sheep, but Dr. Pepper wouldn't sheep like that. The attention on Saki is easy because s/he is afk.
I tend to agree with this. You are wrong about bolded though, Varsoon took a guess, or kind of, #38
In post 170, CherryDrPepper wrote:
In post 156, Flench wrote:If there is another person besides jmo and titus who is confused by my posting I will take the time to explain it.

I still think it is clear.
*raises hand*
What don't you understand about his posts?
In post 176, Paschendale wrote: -Leaning Scum-
Jmo (Moving up from scum, but not up to leaning town yet)
TunnelVision
Cherry
Varsoon (Not leaning very hard, though)

-Scummy Scum McScummerson-
Glass
Saki

Vote remains on Saki.

Also, being confirmed town is really weird. Not having to prove that I'm not lying is a very different experience.
It's nice having someone you don't need to doubt the intentions of.
I don't particularly agree with your top scum reads though. I can't read an alignment from Saki's posts, but I don't think scum would be that obvious. Also I'm uneasy with how he's gotten so much suspicion for what I feel could just as well be trolling/reaction testing. He's capital letters "lynch the hydras" I just can't take seriously. I find it annoying he's gonna be gone for a while though.
Glass I think comes of a bit defensive, but from previous experience I've seen more of these head to head like Glass and jmo that just suddenly appear be town vs town, especially D1.

I do find Cherry and Varsoon suspicious, and to a somewhat lesser degree TunnelV, that's more of a gut thing.
Varsoon I feel is too occupied with appearing town and seen as credible for questioning.
Cherry I feel is sitting back just to throw in some suggestive points of suspicion about others, like #108 and #170.
Any thoughts so far, other than your vote on Saki?

VOTE: Cherry
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:50 pm

Post by Varsoon »

@Dyslexicon: Scum can be anything, and obvious is a gamble for them but it can pay off. Can't like the games I could give evidence of a D1 obvious scum gamble, since they're ongoing, but seeing as I'm only in one other ongoing game where a gambling obvious scum got lynched day one *cough cough*...
Shadow my daisies, I'll appear what I want when I want and where I want.
As far as your points on Cherry, I can see that, but I really just want more activity out of the slot.

CHERRY, BE MORE ACTIVE. I WANNA SEE YOUR HYDRA UPSIDE AND DOWN. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT STUFF? DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS?

Also-also, Dyslexicon, you're being really tacitly town. Dunno how to feel about that, but it's good for now. -For now-.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:51 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Like should be link. I can't like them either, because, well, they probably wouldn't return my feelings. Nyoro~n.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:53 pm

Post by Varsoon »

It bums me out when all my games are slow-moving.
I might just pack up my computer or go to sleep, so when I stop posting, I'll be on V/LA.
I'll mark it on my profile, so don't fret, <3
CherryDrPepper
CherryDrPepper
Goon
CherryDrPepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:41 am

Post by CherryDrPepper »

Well it was the weekend jeesh, I have been doing other things, not sure about my other head tho prob. the same as i haven't heard from him either, anyway i need to leave for work now but you'll def. hear more from me tonight

-Sakura Hana
Flench
Flench
Goon
Flench
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:12 am

Post by Flench »

In post 183, Dyslexicon wrote:
In post 149, Titus wrote:The more I see. The more convinced I am Saki is indeed a mislynch. In post 35, Saki says "town points to whoever guesses my avatar". That's a pretty good way to trap newbie scum, because they will indeed guess at it.
No one fell for it
, but it was an excellent way to spark discussion. Saki also got voted up very quickly after Paschendale voted Saki. Flench's vote before Paschendale was a clear OMGUS. CherryDr.Pepper's next post was a sheeping post for the exact same reason as Paschendale's. I'm not sure if that's Sakuna's play to be a sheep, but Dr. Pepper wouldn't sheep like that. The attention on Saki is easy because s/he is afk.
I tend to agree with this. You are wrong about bolded though, Varsoon took a guess, or kind of, #38

In post 170, CherryDrPepper wrote:
In post 156, Flench wrote:If there is another person besides jmo and titus who is confused by my posting I will take the time to explain it.

I still think it is clear.
*raises hand*
What don't you understand about his posts?

It's nice having someone you don't need to doubt the intentions of.
I don't particularly agree with your top scum reads though. I can't read an alignment from Saki's posts, but I don't think scum would be that obvious. Also I'm uneasy with how he's gotten so much suspicion for what I feel could just as well be trolling/reaction testing. He's capital letters "lynch the hydras" I just can't take seriously. I find it annoying he's gonna be gone for a while though.
Glass I think comes of a bit defensive, but from previous experience I've seen more of these head to head like Glass and jmo that just suddenly appear be town vs town, especially D1.

I do find Cherry and Varsoon suspicious, and to a somewhat lesser degree TunnelV, that's more of a gut thing.
Varsoon I feel is too occupied with appearing town and seen as credible for questioning.
Cherry I feel is sitting back just to throw in some suggestive points of suspicion about others, like #108 and #170.
Any thoughts so far, other than your vote on Saki?

VOTE: Cherry
I also noticed that Varsoon guess for the town points. For someone talking about slips Titus...

Since confirmed town said he understood my posts (a few posts up) and Dislexicon seemed to, I will not wasted my time explaining for the third time.

I agree with the the last paragraph, overall a good post.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:56 am

Post by jmo16mla »

So this is really going to be one of
those
games..
town: 15:13 Scum 4:4
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:41 am

Post by Titus »

What do you mean by one of "THOSE" games? You never answered the question.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:57 am

Post by jmo16mla »

An aggravating game because people are being little jack asses. what question?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:17 am

Post by Titus »

In post 85, jmo16mla wrote:
In post 82, Varsoon wrote:
In post 80, jmo16mla wrote:VOTE: glass

It'd be nice if you could explain your vote rather than hoping on a wagon with a naked vote.

VOTE: Jmo16mla

Explain your vote.
Wagon? He/she had one vote.

This still doesn't explain why you voted Glass. You've been repeatedly asked why you originally voted glass. Yet, you never did.

Also, why are people being little jackasses? Pressuring until an answer is given, is not being a jackass.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:17 am

Post by Titus »

*Yet you never did answer.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:23 am

Post by jmo16mla »

In post 104, jmo16mla wrote:Kinda thought it was obvious the reason I voted for you in the last post, I see Titus as newb town. Your vote on him is because he is an easy lynch target at this point in the game.
You must have missed this :roll:

And he is being a little jack ass for this:
In post 188, Flench wrote:Since confirmed town said he understood my posts (a few posts up) and Dislexicon seemed to, I will not wasted my time explaining for the third time.
The least he could do would be to make what the hell he is saying known to us. but no, since the confirmed town and another guy understands it, he isnt going to. EVEN AFTER three people said they didn't understand. The same number of people he said had to not understand for him to explain.
CherryDrPepper
CherryDrPepper
Goon
CherryDrPepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:33 am

Post by CherryDrPepper »

I just got notice from my other head that he's gonna be V/LA until Wednesday, just wanted to let you guys know

-Sakura Hana
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:35 am

Post by Titus »

That on Flench I did find suspicious, but I was wanting to see if someone else did as well. I don't want to tunnel someone for something that isn't suspicious at all. Flench says one more person is sufficient to make him explain. Dr. Cherry Pepper asks him to explain. He says nope, confirmed town understood. Flench is shifting the entire game onto one player's shoulders which is very very bad. I had a game like that where I was the confirmed town (off-site). It wasn't easy at all and derailed some from legitimately scum hunting.

I did also miss 104. My apologies.
CherryDrPepper
CherryDrPepper
Goon
CherryDrPepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:07 am

Post by CherryDrPepper »

More Saki votes please. He is not playing to his town meta.

I might form a list of reads with Sakura after my V/LA.

Jmo is null for me. I've played with him in my first game and his supposed scum tells are playstyle tells.

And I do have a scum read on Varsoon. I agree with the sentiment that he is trying pretty hard to look town. The whole, not voting for someone on V/LA, even with the explanation, feels like white knighting to me. Voting absent people creates pressure when they come back, if these people are really scummy.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:18 am

Post by Titus »

I am agreeing with all the suspicion towards Varsoon right now. However, I think there's a possibility Varsoon is trying to draw a bit of scum attention to himself deliberately. I'd explain why, but that would totally ruin what he's trying to do. The hints are there suggesting why Varsoon is doing this. If only town figures this out, the better we are though. Otherwise, we can be near certain that Varsoon will die tonight.

I also do not like a meta based argument, but I always hear everything out. What is Saki's town meta and why is this different?
Flench
Flench
Goon
Flench
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:43 am

Post by Flench »

OK I just spent forty minutes writing an extremely disjointed post that tries to explain whatever it is jmo wants to know.

It is very long and full of quotes that are probably messed up.

It probably won't help him understand at all but will I am sure will be more evidence for jmo to go after in this really annoying form of pressure that I see no end to.

I will post it at the request of Pasche.

Return to “Completed Open Games”