Open 512: See Nine Plus Plus (Game Ovah)

Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:42 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

Votecount 1.4

[L-4] Saki - Flench, Paschendale, CherryDrPepper
[L-5] Titus - oriole, Dyslexicon
[L-5] Glass - Titus, jmo16mla
[L-6] Flench - StubbsKVM
[L-6] jmo16mla - Glass

Not Voting: TunnelVision, Varsoon, Vote Me, Saki

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline is Friday, August 2nd, 2013 at 7:30 PM CST ((expired on 2013-08-02 19:30:00)).

---

Saki is V/LA until July 17th.
Last edited by Does Bo Know on Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:52 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Oh, by the by, I'll be V/LA from Monday until further notice. I'm moving across the country and stuff.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:08 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Otherwise, people bringing up my meta are stupid--there's a huge thing I drop in every single one of my games that is a sure-fire way to tell my alignment. Therefore, anyone doing substantial meta work on me already know what alignment and role I am, and, furthermore, can explain -how- they know.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:08 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

Varsoon, when is the latest you will be back? I'd recommend replacement if it is for more than a week, unless you promise it's strictly limited access.
~DBK
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:09 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Oh, I'll likely be back around Wednesday for sure, but if everything goes terribly, I'm either dead or never got my internet connection setup despite being assured it would be when I arrived. In that case, well, I'll try my best to let you know via a library or something.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:18 pm

Post by Titus »

@Varsoon, can you leave a wall of text with all your reads before you go?
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:20 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

Varsoon's V/LA noted.
~DBK
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:31 pm

Post by Varsoon »

@Titus: My text-walls are typically 2-hour endeavors that mark up to 3,000 words in length and have always been, to this point, wrong.

So here's a quick reads list with no nulls, since nulls are for rubes.

Vote Me - Town. (Good responses, seems engaged, buddying perhaps?)
jmo16mla - Scum. (Is too curt, disengages hard, deflects hard, empty votes)
Glass - Town. (Highly analytical, engages with a pro-town mentality)
StubbsKVM - Scum. (One post? Lame.)
CherryDrPepper (hydra of Sakura Hana and DoctorPepper) - Town. (Hydra malarky is hydra malarky, but seems justified so far)
TunnelVision (hydra of Rank and likeabauss) - Scum (Two posts, seems like a fence-sitter. Wants to know what others think more than asserting himself. Grow a pair or get lynched.)
Titus - Town. (Engages with different players, isn't engaged in distracting meta-malarky, is to-the-point and pro-town about info gathering)
Paschendale - Confirmed Town.
Saki - Scum. (Might be village idiot. Vote hopping like no tomorrow and worse empty votes than JMO. My vote would be here, but I always feel naughty when I vote people on V/LA.)
Dyslexicon - Town. (Or, at least, is playing way more town in those two posts then I've ever seen the player play town. Really engaged and probing in the right areas, I feel. Also, to answer, it feels like no one else wants to pressure JMO or Saki for voting without articulation. That shit bugs me.)
oriole - Town. (attenative, albiet weaker plays so far. Worth keeping an eye on.)
Flench - Scum. (No articulation, stirs up the pot from time to time, highly reactionary in play rather than probing/info-gathering.)

Anyway, that's that. Thanks for keeping things in a row for when I head out, DBK.

Hope this helps, Titus.

Oh, also,
Unvote

I -really- want to vote Saki, but it's against my mojo to stick votes on someone VLA.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:39 am

Post by oriole »

If jmo is scum, then he'd have to be white-knighting (defending?) Titus
hard
, then. I'm more inclined to call them both town right now.

I think Varsoon and Glass are being a bit too blatant to be scumbuddies, but I think it's interesting to note how Titus has shown clear discomfort about possible buddying from jmo, but Glass hasn't said anything about Varsoon townreading and defending him so much.
In post 103, TunnelVision wrote:Hey everybody, Bauss here. Ill sign my posts with a 1, since I'm first to the party this round. Rank will be along in a couple days I suspect. Looks like we are past RVS so I'll just start in with the questions...

Saki, wassup with all the posts saying nothing and acting crazy? That your usual game? It's weak. Does it get better?

Who's played with Varsoon before? Seems very conversational, and has a friendly/buddying tone. Wondering if that is normal. Don't like it one bit. "Titus, is that Michael Jackson in your avatar? OMG, love him. Beat it, beat it, beat it, oh find some scum and beat it." Let's keep conversation focused on finding scum please, this isn't match.com.

Titus, I see a bunch of things in your posting/ playstyle that I feel are similar to mine. This will make my reads on you problematic/compromised. I shall defer to Number 2. But to be clear, my gut read is slight town on Titus.

Is there a strategy play in a game setup with an innocent child? Ive never played in one before, so I'm intrigued.

-1-
I'm not really a fan of this post, because he shows some things in it he dislikes or finds scummy, but doesn't vote for them, asking a set-up related question instead.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: TunnelVision
Oriole and Oreo, they look similar. I'll probably respond to both.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:11 am

Post by Titus »

In post 132, Varsoon wrote:@Titus: My text-walls are typically 2-hour endeavors that mark up to 3,000 words in length and have always been, to this point, wrong.

So here's a quick reads list with no nulls, since nulls are for rubes.

Vote Me - Town. (Good responses, seems engaged, buddying perhaps?)
jmo16mla - Scum. (Is too curt, disengages hard, deflects hard, empty votes)
Glass - Town. (Highly analytical, engages with a pro-town mentality)
StubbsKVM - Scum. (One post? Lame.)
CherryDrPepper (hydra of Sakura Hana and DoctorPepper) - Town. (Hydra malarky is hydra malarky, but seems justified so far)
TunnelVision (hydra of Rank and likeabauss) - Scum (Two posts, seems like a fence-sitter. Wants to know what others think more than asserting himself. Grow a pair or get lynched.)
Titus - Town. (Engages with different players, isn't engaged in distracting meta-malarky, is to-the-point and pro-town about info gathering)
Paschendale - Confirmed Town.
Saki - Scum. (Might be village idiot. Vote hopping like no tomorrow and worse empty votes than JMO. My vote would be here, but I always feel naughty when I vote people on V/LA.)
Dyslexicon - Town. (Or, at least, is playing way more town in those two posts then I've ever seen the player play town. Really engaged and probing in the right areas, I feel. Also, to answer, it feels like no one else wants to pressure JMO or Saki for voting without articulation. That shit bugs me.)
oriole - Town. (attenative, albiet weaker plays so far. Worth keeping an eye on.)
Flench - Scum. (No articulation, stirs up the pot from time to time, highly reactionary in play rather than probing/info-gathering.)

Anyway, that's that. Thanks for keeping things in a row for when I head out, DBK.

Hope this helps, Titus.

Oh, also,
Unvote

I -really- want to vote Saki, but it's against my mojo to stick votes on someone VLA.

It does a little but you have far too many scums, but this is what I would have called a wall for this early in the game. Do you start from a position of scum? Five scum reads seems a little much, almost as if you're trying to avoid a null read because they are for "rubes" (what are rubes?).

I do see your concern Oriole. His first post was very buddying to me but maybe he is just publically trying to explain any hydra shift? I don't know. Varsoon worries me for another reason, because he's sent the group looking for meta (not my strong point, because I value it so little). If his comments are right about his role being obvious to anyone who has played with him extensively, then perhaps maybe someone who plays with Vasson extensively can just answer the question without looking through the meta?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:41 am

Post by Varsoon »

@Oriole: Scum can do anything, so I can't really say both titus and Jmo are the same alignment due to Jmo's interaction with him.

@Titus: I usually have people as scum until I can deduce otherwise. I also really don't like falling into the mentality that anyone is absolutely scum or absolutely town, but that everything is in flux and people could be anything, so reads are more of a gauge to see how I am gauging that particular player more than an indicator of absolute value. I really don't like null reads because they don't give town that much info, so my list is a bit scum-heavy, but, honestly, 5/13 isn't so bad for a game with 6 pages.
'Rube' is a derogatory slang word--I like the way it sounds. It usually denotes lower/more basic intelligence. For instance, you wouldn't trust a bunch of rubes with something important.
I also hate meta-related arguments a lot, which is why I'm giving a firm, rhetorical finger to the people who are basing their reads on me off of past games. I think people should be read in the context of their contribution to the game at hand, rather than an analysis of their typical approach to the game on-site.
TunnelVision
TunnelVision
Goon
TunnelVision
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:51 am

Post by TunnelVision »

Contradictory/obfuscating posts Varsoon - I'm mobile so quoting is a pain but you say that using meta sucks or is stupid but in a previous post you say that every game you drop something that indicates your alignment (the allusion seemed to be that it is 100% effective.) What's the deal there? If meta isn't useful, how do you explain that this thing you drop is 100%? And if you can manage to explain that away... if this thing you drop is 100%, couldn't you just fudge it to falsify your alignment tell when it suits you? Why yes, yes you could.

Don't think I need Rank for this one:
Vote Varsoon

VoteMe - I'll outline the posts I was referring to when I get to a PC. Likely Monday.

-1-
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:32 am

Post by Varsoon »

@TunnelVision: Your first block of text is why I find meta ineffective. Because I have a controlled variable that gives away my alignment, I can change it at any time. :P It's a meta way of me causing trouble for people who rely on the meta. You probably wouldn't get it, since it might be too meta for you.
StubbsKVM
StubbsKVM
Mafia Scum
StubbsKVM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:56 am

Post by StubbsKVM »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: JMo

Don't like how he's painting Titus as a newbie. And his pressure on Glass is very poor.
Glass is looking pretty good.

Apologies for not being active at all. Had a busy few days. Hopefully I'll get to post more from now on.
Flench
Flench
Goon
Flench
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:19 am

Post by Flench »

I would like to hear Tunnel's opinion on some or all of the following people. JMO, Glass, and Oriole.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:57 am

Post by jmo16mla »

glass, you said that i refused to answer questions. Where did i say no, I'm not going to answer that?

I answered the question to why you're scum and I'm sticking to it.

Stubbs, already said I have a newb read on titus. Whats scummy about this?

Flench, who's scum? you've been prancing around and not voting.
town: 15:13 Scum 4:4
Flench
Flench
Goon
Flench
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:35 am

Post by Flench »

In post 140, jmo16mla wrote: Flench, who's scum? you've been prancing around and not voting.
I don't understand this.

I mentioned who I thought was scummy in post 118.

I voted for Saki a long time ago and he has since disappeared. I don't think it's a good policy to remove my vote on someone who goes silent.

I have other leads and will make them known when I get more information.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:56 am

Post by jmo16mla »

saki isnt mentioned in .

So why are you voting him?
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:02 am

Post by Glass »

jmo wrote: glass, you said that i refused to answer questions. Where did i say no, I'm not going to answer that?
Actions often speak louder than words, jmo.
Flench
Flench
Goon
Flench
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:03 am

Post by Flench »

In post 39, Flench wrote:Leaving my vote with Saki because worst town posts so far.
In post 76, Flench wrote:
In post 69, CherryDrPepper wrote:Link did not post properly
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p4976509
Flech's "worst town posts so far" when describing Saki bothers me. You think he's town, thn you vote?
I meant that his posts have so far not been productive for the town, not that he is town and making bad posts.

Leaving my vote with Saki until he defends himself or becomes productive in some way.
Do I really have to go back through the post history for you? Because it is pretty annoying.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:04 am

Post by jmo16mla »

Did i or did i not give you my answer?

edit: you just said you gave your scum reads in 118 though. now youre pointing towards 39 and 76...
Flench
Flench
Goon
Flench
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:16 am

Post by Flench »

JMO

Is your version of pressure just to intentionally misunderstand posts?

If so I will let you figure it out for yourself.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:17 am

Post by jmo16mla »

Im just trying to understand period.
Flench
Flench
Goon
Flench
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:17 am

Post by Flench »

Looking back I think my posts were pretty clear.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:26 am

Post by Titus »

The more I see. The more convinced I am Saki is indeed a mislynch. In post 35, Saki says "town points to whoever guesses my avatar". That's a pretty good way to trap newbie scum, because they will indeed guess at it. No one fell for it, but it was an excellent way to spark discussion. Saki also got voted up very quickly after Paschendale voted Saki. Flench's vote before Paschendale was a clear OMGUS. CherryDr.Pepper's next post was a sheeping post for the exact same reason as Paschendale's. I'm not sure if that's Sakuna's play to be a sheep, but Dr. Pepper wouldn't sheep like that. The attention on Saki is easy because s/he is afk.

Also, Flench v jmo looks like scum's in it somewhere. Flench, your posts weren't clear at all. In fact 39, almost looks like a slip. "Worst town posts so far"... how would Flech have known at the point Saki was making the posts that Saki was indeed town? Flench then says he mentions his scum targets in post 118, but it's not really clear who he FoSed at all. I think Fletch made a typo. Two posts up he says Varsoon and Glass are scummy. Still I really don't like post 39 upon further analysis.

I also don't like Vasoon's contradictions about meta.

Return to “Completed Open Games”