Newbie 1389 Trouble in River City Game Over Scum win

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:00 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

BUT WE CAN'T READ YOUR ALIGNMENT QUIT PLAYING THAT SHIT AND START PLAYING LIKE TOWN THAT WANT'S TO LYNCH SCUM

Fucking hell woman.
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:03 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 514, fferyllt wrote:It's fact. not emotion. Who is my partner?
It's an appeal to trigger my emotions - regardless of what you're trying to do with it - it's still something that you're appealing with and it's aimed at emotion of worry.

I'm not doing partner hunts currently. I'm not convinced enough to have you on L-1 with other players absent - why should I therefore know who you partner is?
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:06 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 525, JasonWazza wrote:BUT WE CAN'T READ YOUR ALIGNMENT QUIT PLAYING THAT SHIT AND START PLAYING LIKE TOWN THAT WANT'S TO LYNCH SCUM

Fucking hell woman.
What is this?
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:07 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 468, Cheery Dog wrote:Holy crap that's a lot of calling the dead town obvtown (ygrim has now become the 3rd highest poster in this game)and paired with cAPS's inability to really get any hunting done, my suspicion is now quite rife on that slot. At least I know where your slot stands though.
Even though the message of this exceprt is not completely clear to me, I got scumbives from this.

Implying my catch-up was little more than calling the dead guy town.
Implying I went for quantity, not quality.

Pairing my catch-up with my predecessor's inability to hunt suggest the idea that I can't get any hunting done.

"rife suspicions, know where that slot stands": the man called me scum but did nothing with it afterwards.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:12 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 528, Grimgroove wrote:Even though the message of this exceprt is not completely clear to me, I got scumbives from this.

Implying my catch-up was little more than calling the dead guy town.
Implying I went for quantity, not quality.

Pairing my catch-up with my predecessor's inability to hunt suggest the idea that I can't get any hunting done.
Nice to know.

That's what I read at the start of your catching up - that's what it turned out to me, so yes.

Those are why I was considering oyu scum. Fferyllt's response to your catch up was even odder though. (and the start of the AtEs)
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:13 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 526, Cheery Dog wrote:
It's an appeal to trigger my emotions - regardless of what you're trying to do with it - it's still something that you're appealing with and it's aimed at emotion of worry.

I'm not doing partner hunts currently. I'm not convinced enough to have you on L-1 with other players absent - why should I therefore know who you partner is?
You don't understand where I am coming from at all, then. The only players I am interested in worrying are scum. And I think you may be scum.

Idic
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:15 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 529, Cheery Dog wrote: Nice to know.
And it's the little things that give it away, really.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:31 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 527, fferyllt wrote:
In post 525, JasonWazza wrote:BUT WE CAN'T READ YOUR ALIGNMENT QUIT PLAYING THAT SHIT AND START PLAYING LIKE TOWN THAT WANT'S TO LYNCH SCUM

Fucking hell woman.
What is this?
It's quit accepting your lynch if your actually town and start fucking scumhunting PROPERLY.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:31 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 531, Grimgroove wrote:
Also nice to know, do you have a point somewhere?
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:31 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 530, fferyllt wrote:
In post 526, Cheery Dog wrote:

You don't understand where I am coming from at all, then. The only players I am interested in worrying are scum. And I think you may be scum.
Then why are you putting crap AtEs?
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:48 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 533, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 531, Grimgroove wrote:
Also nice to know, do you have a point somewhere?
My point is rather obvious.

"Nice to know" is as much of an emotional defense as the one you're holding against fferyllt. There is no content, it just tries to give the impression that my remarks are inconsequential, without any factual arguments to back that up.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:48 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 532, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 527, fferyllt wrote:

Fucking hell woman.
What is this?
It's quit accepting your lynch if your actually town and start fucking scumhunting PROPERLY.
better.

UNVOTE: jasonwazza

VOTE: cheery dog

Idic
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:23 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Votecount 2.03

fferyllt - 2 - Grimgroove, JasonWazza
Cheery Dog - 1 - fferyllt
TheTrollie - 1 - Lynx_Shine

Not Voting: Kueshina, TheTrollie, Cheery Dog

With 7 it takes 4 to lynch

Deadline is in (expired on 2013-07-29 19:50:21)
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
TheTrollie
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:29 pm

Post by TheTrollie »

ima need to reread this...kinda gonna be LA until monday but ill post enough to not make it official
"scum, scum, scum" went TheTrollie!

Get to know me: GTKAS - TheTrollie
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:51 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

I feel good about a lynch on either of them still, but you have being convinced, and being convinced, and Cheery Dog has gotten me more convinced than fferyllt has that he's scum. Look at the way he responded to everything ever since I got in the game.

VOTE: Cheery Dog
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:54 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 508, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 497, fferyllt wrote: Cheery isn't my partner
I thought you were calling yourself a mislynch before - now there's something about you not having me as a partner.

I am wanting to L-1 you with all this WIFOM about you being a mislynch and not actual defence though, except that I'm not having doing that when Kues hasn't posted yet today and not much else from Trollie (not really surprising) or Lynx.
Grim do you think this post comes from town or scum?

I personally see it as a town post.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:57 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

I see it as a scumpost. Everything after the "except" sounds like some fabricated way of trying to make him look like this objectively-thinking person with a town-mindset.

If he truly reads fferyllt as scum, he would just L-1 her. Kueshina has got nothing to do with fferyllt. Neither do Lynx and Trollie.

And this isn't exactly the crowd for derphammering, cAPSLOCK replacing out made sure of that. He's trying to make the L-1 sound worse than it is, just to make him look better than he is.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:05 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

But the thing is there is the possiblity that one of them is still scum.

Hmmmm.

Let's see how bad L-1 Can be.

UNVOTE: fferyllt
VOTE: Cherry Dog
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:15 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 539, Grimgroove wrote:I feel good about a lynch on either of them still, but you have being convinced, and being convinced, and Cheery Dog has gotten me more convinced than fferyllt has that he's scum. Look at the way he responded to everything ever since I got in the game.

VOTE: Cheery Dog
Which has changed from what I was doing day 1?

ANything more than look at shit?

Are you going to explain your reasons for sheeping this time Jason?
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:21 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

Day 1 you were in a position of almost conftown, based on your catch-up post. Nobody doubted you, not even likeabauss. You were comfortable and relaxed.
Now you are being a sour puss, your entire tone has changed. Snide little remarks like "nice to know", stuff like that.

You supposedly scumread both me and fferyllt, yet you don't vote on any of us.

You have not engaged with me in any substantial way, even though you claim I'm one of your scumreads. All you showed was defensiveness, but no desire at all to expose me as scum. This is not pro-town behavior.
Lynx_Shine
Lynx_Shine
Townie
Lynx_Shine
Townie
Townie

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:11 am

Post by Lynx_Shine »

Huh, I didn't expect more than maybe two pages while I was gone. My original plan was to get all my homework for this month's unit done all at once (it's a year-round trade school, no summer break for me) so I can be online consistently this month instead of leaving for homework at random times. I'll be on more frequently, no more homework (and hell if I'm going to take the time to study so none of that either).
inb4 someone comes in calling for my prod three minutes before I post

In post 415, fferyllt wrote:You've been side-eyeing me since just about your first post. What did bauss' flip add to the mix? And what did you think about his other reads?
Nah, I'd been going with you as probably Town the last week or so of Day 1? We agreed on quite a few things, I wouldn't call you the most definitive scum-hunter but you look pretty okay. Then we lose an experienced player and active scum-hunter Day 1 primarily due to your pushing the wagon when we were all on someone else less active (if Kue is Town he's harmless to Scum and an unprofitable lynch), and he comes up Town. His other reads I already said I don't like Trollie, I'm obviously not going to agree with the accusation that I'm scum, and Jason I've been null-to-light-scum. Sorta active-lurky, throws fairly emotional accusations at times, seems honest enough when he actually does post, if tunnelish.

I would have liked to know what I did, because unless I missed the post I only saw "focus on Trollie, Lynx, Jason." If it was something other than my less-than-stellar activity, I'd personally love to know what he thought about it.
In post 420, Grimgroove wrote:This guy was obvtown and got lynched, there's most definitely scum on that wagon, and it's obvious it's experienced scum because there's no way newbies could have set him up like that. Damn.
QFT and I'm not going to quote your entire series of posts, but I like you. Was borderline on cAPS-scum but this is good. There's not much I could add in beyond "yes I agree on ffery and I can't believe I missed that post while I was leaning her Town."
In post 443, fferyllt wrote:My best guess of the scum team is 2 of cheery, jason and Lynx.
I find it painfully convenient that bauss tells you to go after three specific players, and your current scumreads are the two players from that list that post more than two sentences apiece, and the guy grimgroove has a case against that isn't you.

What I don't like is ffery and Cheery specifically targeting each other. There's distance, and then there's "I really want you to go after this guy even if you do lynch me." I'm torn on it because on one hand both are scum pulling risky distance. On the other, we lynch one, and it turns out they just lined up a Town lynch. This kind of WIFOM just isn't for me, damn.
In post 479, JasonWazza wrote:Grim baby, you don't need to convince the scum they are scum.
Chill with the buddying though. It was stuff like this "vote but not really provide own argument" that was the lean-scum.
In post 482, fferyllt wrote:VOTE: jasonwazza

Because you are not doing shit in this game.
Calling Jason Town if we lynch ffery and she flips Scum. Trollie hasn't really done shit either, nor has Kue. But bauss says "hey ffery target Jason" and now you can safely follow the conftown.
In post 493, fferyllt wrote:I believe Trollie is town. Kue is leaning town. That leaves Cheery, Lynx and jasowazza.
How is Jason different from Kue and Trollie? I don't disagree that it's possible one of the three is scum (only one of the three, no more if not none and we ended up with inactive low-content Townies). Other than them posting too little for a proper read, but I'd go null/irrelevant there before calling Town. Is grimgroove overeager Scum or obvstown from his opening posts?
In post 509, fferyllt wrote:I knew that would get your attention. Now, why are you reading me as scum? You never went into detail on day 1.
"I didn't slip it was a gambit."

I'll add a Cheery vote if he doesn't hit L1 before I actually post this.
Lynx_Shine
Lynx_Shine
Townie
Lynx_Shine
Townie
Townie

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:20 am

Post by Lynx_Shine »

Okay I actually miscounted how many votes Cheery had in the first place. So he's already at L1 but whatever changes nothing, that's why I checked before voting.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:31 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 545, Lynx_Shine wrote:Huh, I didn't expect more than maybe two pages while I was gone. My original plan was to get all my homework for this month's unit done all at once (it's a year-round trade school, no summer break for me) so I can be online consistently this month instead of leaving for homework at random times. I'll be on more frequently, no more homework (and hell if I'm going to take the time to study so none of that either).
inb4 someone comes in calling for my prod three minutes before I post

In post 415, fferyllt wrote:You've been side-eyeing me since just about your first post. What did bauss' flip add to the mix? And what did you think about his other reads?
Nah, I'd been going with you as probably Town the last week or so of Day 1? We agreed on quite a few things, I wouldn't call you the most definitive scum-hunter but you look pretty okay. Then we lose an experienced player and active scum-hunter Day 1 primarily due to your pushing the wagon when we were all on someone else less active (if Kue is Town he's harmless to Scum and an unprofitable lynch), and he comes up Town. His other reads I already said I don't like Trollie, I'm obviously not going to agree with the accusation that I'm scum, and Jason I've been null-to-light-scum. Sorta active-lurky, throws fairly emotional accusations at times, seems honest enough when he actually does post, if tunnelish.

I would have liked to know what I did, because unless I missed the post I only saw "focus on Trollie, Lynx, Jason." If it was something other than my less-than-stellar activity, I'd personally love to know what he thought about it.
It's what you haven't done, which is dig into this game and make any sort of difference. You had zero impact on the two main bandwagons from yesterday, and hence zero impact on the lynch. Zero. And yet you are an obviously experienced player. Life happens, but the game day lasted over three weeks.
In post 420, Grimgroove wrote:This guy was obvtown and got lynched, there's most definitely scum on that wagon, and it's obvious it's experienced scum because there's no way newbies could have set him up like that. Damn.
QFT and I'm not going to quote your entire series of posts, but I like you. Was borderline on cAPS-scum but this is good. There's not much I could add in beyond "yes I agree on ffery and I can't believe I missed that post while I was leaning her Town."
I think you missed it because you are scum, knowing the player who posted it was town, and therefore did not react to it the way a player unaware of alignment would react.
In post 443, fferyllt wrote:My best guess of the scum team is 2 of cheery, jason and Lynx.
I find it painfully convenient that bauss tells you to go after three specific players, and your current scumreads are the two players from that list that post more than two sentences apiece, and the guy grimgroove has a case against that isn't you.

What I don't like is ffery and Cheery specifically targeting each other. There's distance, and then there's "I really want you to go after this guy even if you do lynch me." I'm torn on it because on one hand both are scum pulling risky distance. On the other, we lynch one, and it turns out they just lined up a Town lynch. This kind of WIFOM just isn't for me, damn.
If you are scum, then it's a real shame you arrived after there was a slight momentum shift.
In post 482, fferyllt wrote:VOTE: jasonwazza

Because you are not doing shit in this game.
Calling Jason Town if we lynch ffery and she flips Scum. Trollie hasn't really done shit either, nor has Kue. But bauss says "hey ffery target Jason" and now you can safely follow the conftown.
Nice set up there, but Jason's reactions have him back in my town pile. My flip is going to be inconvenient for scum.
In post 493, fferyllt wrote:I believe Trollie is town. Kue is leaning town. That leaves Cheery, Lynx and jasowazza.
How is Jason different from Kue and Trollie? I don't disagree that it's possible one of the three is scum (only one of the three, no more if not none and we ended up with inactive low-content Townies). Other than them posting too little for a proper read, but I'd go null/irrelevant there before calling Town. Is grimgroove overeager Scum or obvstown from his opening posts?
I'm using the experiential meta I have with Jason. And this also is outdated. I provoked what I believe is a town reaction from him and unvoted him.
In post 509, fferyllt wrote:I knew that would get your attention. Now, why are you reading me as scum? You never went into detail on day 1.
"I didn't slip it was a gambit."

I'll add a Cheery vote if he doesn't hit L1 before I actually post this.
This is the only part of your post that makes me wonder if you could be town. But, by this point, if not when you started this post, you are aware of the momentum change. Not that it can't swing back.

Idic
Lynx_Shine
Lynx_Shine
Townie
Lynx_Shine
Townie
Townie

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:12 am

Post by Lynx_Shine »

In post 547, fferyllt wrote:It's what you haven't done, which is dig into this game and make any sort of difference. You had zero impact on the two main bandwagons from yesterday, and hence zero impact on the lynch. Zero. And yet you are an obviously experienced player. Life happens, but the game day lasted over three weeks.
The game started at a bad time for me, inconvenient for everyone involved, I should've put more priority into it, I should've posted more, I've already come out and said these things and there's nothing I can do about it now but post more now that my main summer stuff is over. The month of homework puts me at available all through D2 and all I can do now is post and make up for it.

But which two main wagons? I know one has to be bauss and why the hell would I
want
to have influenced that wagon? He was Townie, I didn't want to vote him, and he goes and flips Townie. I'd say I had a whole lot more impact on suggesting other less Town lynch candidates than your Town-read Trollie "cant we lynch someone else?" The high amount of double standards here is making my head spin on why something is scummy when one player does it, but another player is called Town.
If you are scum, then it's a real shame you arrived after there was a slight momentum shift.
What can I say, I've got a well-practiced terrible sense of timing.
I'm using the experiential meta I have with Jason. And this also is outdated. I provoked what I believe is a town reaction from him and unvoted him.
I wouldn't know anything about meta, but I'm talking before his shift to Town read. Another thing that's apparently only scummy with some players until suddenly changing your mind and it applies to that person too.
This is the only part of your post that makes me wonder if you could be town. But, by this point, if not when you started this post, you are aware of the momentum change. Not that it can't swing back.
The momentum change...to Cheery? Who I'd pinned null-Town up until grimgroove's posts? If I was lurking for an opportunity to push an already-moving wagon I would've jumped on any of the posts before they wanted to put Cheery to L1. I'd have been far more suspicious if I had posted in Jason's place, for example, latching onto grimgroove's posts "I agree with you bro lemme put a vote." Either I missed something or we're on totally different pages.

UNVOTE:

Getting this out of the way early.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:25 am

Post by fferyllt »

I don't assume you were lurking.

I'm pretty Cheery's scum. Based on the two flips, I thought either you or Jason would be his partner, because I don't thiink Kue would catch that breadcrumb. Trollie...maybe. He's shown a lot of perceptivity when he posts more than a sentence. Jason's reactions to me eventually tipped over into extremely exasperated town, with no opportunism showing through.

So, I'm open to the possibility that you are town. But, I'm skeptical, because I'm pretty happy with my Kue and trollie reads from day 1.

Idic

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”