Hemisphere Dancer
Hemisphere Dancer
Goon
Hemisphere Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:07 pm

Post by Hemisphere Dancer »

It's pretty much guesswork. Who is the doc going to protect tonight? The cop, the deputy, or the confirmed innocent? It's the same with the doc. Who is the mafia going to target tonight?

We also might have enough people for a roleblocker, maybe a mafia roleblocker, and a vig or somesuch. Actually, if there is a mafia roleblocker, then omg did more harm than good by claiming. That's a definate roleblock target.

...I do believe I'd be less paranoid in an open setup. D:
Shameless fangirl and full-blooded Parrothead (in training)

~Call me Kitty. It's better than Bob.
Hemisphere Dancer
Hemisphere Dancer
Goon
Hemisphere Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:09 pm

On second thought, scratch the vig comment. If omg is actually the doc and we did have a roleblocker, then they would have blocked his protection and we would have had two kills.

Also, omg, who did you protect last night?

Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:15 pm

Post by Arafax »

VOTE COUNT BABY

Ectomancer : 2 (pablito, Kenji)

Jack : 1 (M4yhem)

pablito : 3 (Jack, omg_im_innocent_wtf, Yamahako)
"I will wait for you forever...If you would just ask me"
- Emery
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:45 pm

Post by Yamahako »

Jack wrote:Although actually, I really doubt they would bother to kill who I investigated, with omg and yama still around.
It's irrelavant now - but if they were to constantly kill who you investigate, then we'd lose out on the information, and we'd be going blind every day. Since OMG would always be protecting you or me, then the doc would even be pointless, then in the end mafia would win.

By always killing someone else, then we can eliminate another person from being mafia - allowing us a better chance to narrow down the search for scum.

This is all of course assuming you don't hit a guilty again which would either end the game or leave us only 1 scum left.
I'm suspicious - in every sense of the word.
Hemisphere Dancer
Hemisphere Dancer
Goon
Hemisphere Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:52 pm

D: Seriously, if pablito ends up town you two (Yama and Jack, omg if there are three) are the best candidates for scum. In fact, if Yama and Jack are our scum, they coordinated well but started too early. By about one day, I think.

Anyway, Yama, I'm actually talking now. :3

pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:38 pm

Post by pablito »

Yikes.

Jack, did you not think you'd get counter-claimed?

I suppose you figured that you had to gambit early because I was onto your mafia partner. When I'm onto you guys 1-2, you had to take that risk.
pablito's 1st post of D2 wrote:ba dum dum vote: Ectomancer
pablito's 2nd post of D2 wrote:FOS: Jack for being the first to state the obvious.
And then Jack challenges my vote on Ectomancer and of course I state "gut". I didn't want to just come out and say, hey I'm the cop and I found scum. I wanted to test out the waters and see if people would finally jump onto the Ectomancer wagon first, so I didn't have to claim right away. And Kenji jumped at first, so I saw no need to claim. Then I come back and woah, lots of claims and now I'm being forced to claim. So yeah, fun times.

There was a strong interest in why Jack was trying to ask more about my "suspicion" on Ectomancer. Furthermore, it's pretty obvious that if I were cop, I was going to investigate Ectomancer. There is no evidence that Jack was going to investigate me. However, I think Jack is pretty good that he was able to figure out that I was cop based on how I was talking about his mafia partner.

Oh if it weren't obvious yet, I'm counter-claiming Jack. I'm the real cop. If Jack were the real cop, wouldn't he have voted me
BEFORE
he came out and claimed?
Sup, later.
Hemisphere Dancer
Hemisphere Dancer
Goon
Hemisphere Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:05 pm

Um.

Well, pablito
does
have a point. Jack actually did post 5 times before even going after pablito. And he was protecting Ecto.

I need to check posts like I said I would earlier. D: I'm actually supposed to be writing a paper on Henry Hudson.

Anyway, you two try to out-cop each other. We'll most likely end up lynching one of you today, and if the lynchee is the actual cop, we most likely have Yama as the deputy to take over, and we lynch the other the next day as scum. Then, if Jack end up being scum, we lynch Ecto. If Ecto is scum and the game doesn't end, we lynch Yama. If pablito is the one that ends up scum, we rely on the cop/deputy's next investigation to move on from there.

Unless, of course, my judgement is all wrong and I'm going to be jumped on like Adele was for her original idea.

Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:07 pm

Post by Yamahako »

Unvote
This should be interesting...

How do we proceed here - this is tricky - can we risk voting off a cop by putting Ectomancer and Pablito at equal numbers to see where things end up, or take out ectomancer and kill pablito if he isn't scum...

Pablito - does it say in your pm that you are certain of your sanity?

I do feel more like ectomancer is scum than pablito - however I felt that both pablito and jack were pretty townie - would would be evidenced by their skill in playing (either side).

Your last point Pablito is an excellent one though...

I don't know where to proceed from here - I'd like to hear from more people who know more than I do about this game :-(
Hemisphere Dancer
Hemisphere Dancer
Goon
Hemisphere Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:13 pm

Yamahako wrote: Pablito - does it say in your pm that you are certain of your sanity?
That really won't mean anything, as Jack's PM supposedly assured him of his sanity.

scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:14 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

So we have two people claiming cops. This is big. As much as we need to focus on that, I think we are forgetting that omg claimed doc, and he was not killed. In my eyes, he is either doctor or scum. As I see it, there are three possible lynches for tonight. We can lynch one of the two "cops" or omg and see if he really is the doc.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:20 pm

Post by pablito »

In case anyone is still doubting me, I set up my breadcrumb earlier.

[url = 504192]Here on page 5.[/url]
pablito wrote:
C
ross
o
ff
P
atrick's vote for Shamrock and I think it would be right.

Also, I'm not so sure that people are getting the urgency of the game. As far as I understand, it's not just that the lynch can come at any time...it's also that discussion at that point will cease. If we're on a good streak and we're discussing something important, it can be cut at any moment.
So you have to be sure that every post could be your last...because you never know if you won't be back next day.
Besides the first three letters being C. O. P. I clearly talk about why people should claim earlier than later...as shown in the underlined part. I was clearly trying to show you why I was posting so much and trying to place my suspicions out there. You know, in case I died and didn't get to claim, at least you might be able to pick up clues about who I already investigated. Hence my infallible vote on Ectomancer today.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:21 pm

Post by pablito »

oops, that was url thing was supposed to be a link to the original post here
Sup, later.
Hemisphere Dancer
Hemisphere Dancer
Goon
Hemisphere Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:23 pm

...actually, I believe pablito's got me convinced. Either he's a really smart cop or a really smart scum.

So I'll
vote:Jack
for claiming cop and being out-copped.

pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:27 pm

Post by pablito »

For now, just in case the deadline strikes,
unvote, vote: Jack
Sup, later.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:37 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

I'm leaning to a jack vote, but I want to wait a little bit longer till I vote. I'm going to ben now. Goodnight everyone.
Hemisphere Dancer
Hemisphere Dancer
Goon
Hemisphere Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:40 pm

scotmany12 wrote:I'm leaning to a jack vote, but I want to wait a little bit longer till I vote.
I'm going to ben now.
Goodnight everyone.
<random>
I wonder where ben is?
</random>

Hemisphere Dancer
Hemisphere Dancer
Goon
Hemisphere Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:41 pm

:X I realize that was totally uncalled for, but I love typo demons. I've got some pretty good ones of my own.

I've been metaquoted on LJ for "pizze" instead of "pizza" and my response. :3

Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:42 pm

Post by Yamahako »

scotmany12 wrote:So we have two people claiming cops. This is big. As much as we need to focus on that, I think we are forgetting that omg claimed doc, and he was not killed. In my eyes, he is either doctor or scum. As I see it, there are three possible lynches for tonight. We can lynch one of the two "cops" or omg and see if he really is the doc.
We should lynch either Ectomancer or Pablito - and here is why:

Pablito got a guilty on Ectomancer - if he's scum, so is Patrick - we've got 2 scum without having to take out Patrick in case he really is the cop - meaning if we believe Pablito ectomancer is the safer play (than Jack) in either case.

Jack got a Guilty on Pablito, meaning if we believe Jack, we take out Pablito.

I personally don't think we should get rid of jack at this point. In the case of two good players like pablito and jack, I'm not sure who to trust - meaning we should vote for Pablito or Ectomancer :-/ Obviously if Ectomancer is Scum so is Jack - and we can hit him tomorrow.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:43 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Great. So we have this wagon to lynch Ecto as an "experiment" so we know which way to vote next.....

Scotmany, Im baffled by how you think that lynching omg to see if he is really the doc or not would be a good call. With Yama claiming deputy, thereby covering a cop role another day, why would the real doc not claim and reveal omg as scum?

FOS:Scotmany

scotmany12 wrote:So we have two people claiming cops. This is big. As much as we need to focus on that, I think we are forgetting that omg claimed doc, and he was not killed. In my eyes, he is either doctor or scum. As I see it, there are three possible lynches for tonight. We can lynch one of the two "cops" or omg and see if he really is the doc.
I forgot votes clear after a night has passed, so of course
vote Pablito
. His claim of an investigation on me makes him undeniably scum #1, since he couldnt have and come back with a scum result.
2nd, if I were scum, why would I not have just killed Pablito last night? I see no evidence that omg thought Pablito might be cop.(I suspect that omg tried to protect me last night.)

Pabito is just scrambling after getting caught. He had no choice but to counterclaim cop, a lynch will prove him scum.
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:44 pm

Post by Yamahako »

Pablito got a guilty on Ectomancer - if he's scum, so is Patrick - we've got 2 scum without having to take out Patrick in case he really is the cop - meaning if we believe Pablito ectomancer is the safer play (than Jack) in either case.

I personally don't think we should get rid of jack at this point. In the case of two good players like pablito and jack, I'm not sure who to trust - meaning we should vote for Pablito or Ectomancer :-/ Obviously if Ectomancer is Scum so is Jack - and we can hit him tomorrow.
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:46 pm

Post by Yamahako »

sorry internet was screwy so I double posted
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:46 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Yamahako wrote:

Patrick is dead...and he was townie...so you've tied me to town and still want to lynch me? /boggle
Hemisphere Dancer
Hemisphere Dancer
Goon
Hemisphere Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:52 pm

unvote
I actually kinda like Yama's idea there enough to unvote, but I don't see exactly where Ecto being scum means that pablito is scum. And what if Ecto ends up being town? Explain please?

And Ecto, the last several posts can be seen as either
(1) Pablito scrambling after being caught
(2) You scrambling after being caught (with the "pablito is obviously scum" comment)
or
(3) Jack scrambling after you being caught

So your comment has a one-in-three chance of being right. Actually less, but at the moment these are the most likely.

omg, next time you post, I want to know who you tried to protect.

mod
, if there were a paranoid cop in this game, would an investigation on them turn up antitown?

pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:53 pm

Post by pablito »

Sorry miseed it earlier. Yes I am certain of my sanity.
Sup, later.
Hemisphere Dancer
Hemisphere Dancer
Goon
Hemisphere Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:55 pm

Ectomancer wrote: Patrick is dead...and he was townie...so you've tied me to town and still want to lynch me? /boggle
Most likely he meant pablito. They both start with p, and I know I'm not the only one that can get names mixed up. It would make sense, too, and I read it as pablito when I did.

Now I wonder how I missed the different names. O___o;;

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”