Mini 405 - GAME OVER on a Loveboat - THE SHIP GOES DOWN!

LyingBrian
LyingBrian
Does not play well with others
LyingBrian

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:36 am

Post by LyingBrian »

vote: Cheesefan

i was looking forward to playing w/ sprontalic, so i'm sure Cheesefan knew that & killed him, and took over his body...
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:16 pm

Post by LyingBrian »

@Skruffs

he's a very good player, scum or town... plus if he is scum, then that makes it easy, doesn't it...

FOS: nardran

for not knowing that PookyTheMagicalBear is the longest name of all (at least in my database which is only 1 month old)

unvote
vote: davidangelsummers
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #17 (isolation #2) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:18 pm

Post by LyingBrian »

yep
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #27 (isolation #3) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:02 am

Post by LyingBrian »

Skruffs wrote:You've been around for a year and five months, why would your database be only a month old?
Cheesefan wrote:I belive he meant that he hadnt updated it for a month
bingo!
davidangelsummers wrote:
LBr
ai
n
yep
Br
ai
n you had no quote selected ...Which of these if any are you answering?
whom exactly are you talking to here? i think you're talking to me, but you spelled my name wrong, so i'm not sure...
Skruffs wrote:You should explain yourself instead of just saying stuff
QFT
ac1983fan wrote:i dont really know why, you just are
:roll:

unvote
vote: ac1983fan

VC, mod?
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #32 (isolation #4) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:19 am

Post by LyingBrian »

ac1983fan wrote:what? why am I being voted against? I'm not trying to fish, I was trying to be funny. It might look like I'm scum, but I'm not. I also am really bad at explaining things, skruffs just seemed really supicious at the time. (yes, I'm spelling suspicious wrong on purpose, to be funny). So sorry if i came across as scum. I'm not, however, going to vote for either of u two for voting me,
because I honestly believe that you guys are town and not mafia.
*emphasis added

confirm vote: ac1983fan

this post is WAY too defensive IMO... it could be b/c he's a n00b, or it could be b/c he's scum... my original vote was based on a hunch, but this post confirms my gut... the bolded part especially feels like he's trying to appeal to us on an emotional level...

@ac1983fan

proclaiming you're not scum is not going to convince us, sorry...
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #42 (isolation #5) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:35 pm

Post by LyingBrian »

Akbar wrote:It looks like your trying to pressure a roleclaim from a townie. Definately not protown behavior.
nope, just trying to help a n00b, plus if he's going to roleclaim w/ only 2 votes on him, then he's even more n00bish than i'm giving him credit for...
Akbar wrote:But, being he's fairly new, like myself, he's more likely town. You on the other hand, being fairly experienced, are more likely not. Not vanilla anyway.
*cough*craplogic*cough*
Skruffs wrote:It's interesting that LB voted 1983 for 'fishing'
where did i ever say this?.. nowhere...
Skruffs wrote:Nice avatar, by the way.
QFT

waiting to hear back from ac1983fan before i move my vote...
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #46 (isolation #6) » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:30 am

Post by LyingBrian »

@Skruffs

you did say, LB, though... but, whatever...

@ac1983fan

part of me feels for you, really it does... it's understood that you move onto the bigger games once you have the hang of how the game works... this game may not have been the best next step, b/c there are all sorts of possible setups that you may not be familiar with, but then again, the only way to really learn is to jump in w/ both feet... interesting, i just finished up reading your 1 completed game on this site... you were scum, and it was a short game, so based on that, i have absolutely no read on you... i would suggest a couple more newbie games, just to help w/ strategy & catching scum...

@Akbar

any mod who doesn't distribute their roles randomly, should be burned at the stake!!! it goes against the whole concept of Mafia, at least from my understanding... do you have any specific examples where Sailor Jerry has distributed his roles in a manner other than by random?.. if the answer is no, then your point is invalid, as it is my understanding that it is understood that roles are to be distributed randomly...
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #52 (isolation #7) » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:29 pm

Post by LyingBrian »

i posted this in the Vacation/Limited Access thread, but am posting here as well
LyingBrian wrote:ok, my computer isn't booting up at all... (i'm using my roomates right now) so i have to call tech support & see if they can help me... just giving a heads up as it may be a couple days if i have to format my hard drive...
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #85 (isolation #8) » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:58 pm

Post by LyingBrian »

update... i'm going to have to format my computer, everything else is not working... :angry:, so it will probably be about 3 days... if the mod feels i need replacing, go right ahead, i understand...
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #248 (isolation #9) » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:42 am

Post by LyingBrian »

hello all... i was in 3 games, i PMed all the mods asking to replace me as i knew i would be w/o internet for awhile... Sailor Jerry was not able to find a replacement for me, so i am back to finish out this game... i had internet back, but now it's acting up again, so i'm back to using my roommate's computer... as Sailor Jerry mentioned my access will be limited b/c not only am i still trying to get my computer restored, but i also can't use my computer... if someone wants to kill or vig me, great, i'll understand... not that i'm resigning defeat, just that i don't know how much help i'll be able to be...
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #259 (isolation #10) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:45 am

Post by LyingBrian »

vote Y.C
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #265 (isolation #11) » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:07 am

Post by LyingBrian »

@Y.C

God told me too...

@Fircoal

anywhere else is a pretty broad statement... there's reasoning, just reasoning that i didn't care to share...

@davidangelsummers

1,2, & 4... c'mon did you really think i would admit to # 3?..

5) i'm
secretly
hoping this will get me lynched so i don't have to keep up w/ this game... whoops, i guess that's not a secret anymore is it... striking now...

@Skruffs

nope, not a cop, just a vanilla townie... BTW, i'm sure you were just joking, but making assumptions based on a person's username or icon or anything that stays the same is obviously ridiculous...
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #270 (isolation #12) » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:40 pm

Post by LyingBrian »

@Skruffs

i tried to get replaced, and Sailor Jerry was having trouble finding one, so i offered to come back, but warned i'm still concentrating on getting my computer fully restored... i'll probably do a re-read sometime, but right now MafiaScum is not my top priority... i wish that wasn't so, but unfortunately right now it is... that may change in a week or two, but i can't say for sure... again, i'm just a vanilla townie, so if the mafia want to off me tonight, that's fine w/ me... in reality it would be anti-town to lynch me or have the vig kill me, but if we have a SK, he can off me too... don't make me no nevermind...

unvote

vote: davidangelsummers
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #280 (isolation #13) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:26 am

Post by LyingBrian »

it's probably b/c you're jumping around like a Mexican bean...

unvote

vote: Skruffs
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #296 (isolation #14) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:05 am

Post by LyingBrian »

@Skruffs

if you want to ask me a direct question, then do so... otherwise, i'll ignore anything said about me...

@nobody in particular

i was curious as well who would jump on the bandwagon... since we needed 5 to lynch, i figured being #2 would be less suspicious then if i was # 3, 4, or 5... if somebody has a definite hunch on who they think is scum, i'm willing to listen, but i haven't seen it recently... at this point i don't have a problem w/ the deadline especially if we NO LYNCH... in fact seems like the best idea in a while...

unvote
vote: NO LYNCH
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #300 (isolation #15) » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:06 am

Post by LyingBrian »

is no lynch better than a random lynch, or is a random lynch better than no lynch?..
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #308 (isolation #16) » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:34 am

Post by LyingBrian »

of course i'm scummy... i don't give a rat's ass about this game, anymore... i would love to sit here and wade through 2 days & 13 pages of information to find scum, but i just don't have the time... i'm playing this game in a much different fashion than i have any other game.... generally i try to analyze the game on a meta-day basis, which i'm sure is how it's supposed to be done, but i just don't have the time or resources to do that for this game...

think about this... since i have come back from trying to be replaced, have i said or done anything that would suggest i have anything more than a passing interest in this game?.. the answer is no... i've switched my vote a number of times trying to raise discussion, that didn't work... i voted for no-lynch to raise discussion, and at least that's raising a little bit of chatter, but we honestly need more people participating... i know we have a couple that are on vacation or getting a replacement computer, but it still feels like only a core 4 or 5 are participating...

i think no lynch is better than a randomish lynch... but right now, i'm getting a vibe from Skruffs, and right now it feeling scummish... he's seems jumpy & he feels like he's trying to get anybody lynched... therefore

mod, please retract the deadline

unvote

LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #312 (isolation #17) » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:04 am

Post by LyingBrian »

i retract my lynch request since someone pointed out that it would not be beneficial to the town even if i was a vanilla townie like i claimed... instead have the mafia kill me (which they won't now, b/c i look suspicious), or have somebody vig me... still not beneficial to me, but at least you won't be wasting a lynch-wagon which you can come back to for further information...

you can "honestly believe" whatever you want, it won't change the fact that when i die, my title will read "Vanilla Townie", but of course you can't believe me... again, i ask you to go back and look at my actions, and see if they look more like scum actions or if they look like someone who just doesn't care... of course it may be inseparable, in which case i'm screwed... the only person i really feel sorry for is Sailor Jerry who unfortunately has a player who can't play as much as he would like...

to prove i really don't care what happens i'll

unvote

vote: LyingBrian

of course, you'll read this as a gambit to make myself look somehow more innocent, but whatever... tomorrow, make sure to examine Skruffs very closely as he'll be attempting to save face...
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #315 (isolation #18) » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:50 pm

Post by LyingBrian »

it's funny... now i'm starting to care about this game... i don't know maybe i was not caring b/c i was gone for so long, but i doubt it matters now... have fun

unvote
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #325 (isolation #19) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:26 am

Post by LyingBrian »

wicked wrote:
LyingBrian wrote:even if i was a vanilla townie like i claimed...
IF you were a townie? :shock:
i was speaking from their POV... read that fragment in context, it makes more sense...
wicked wrote:LB you're acting pretty erratic. Are you that role that tries to get himself lynched?
nope, i already told you i'm a vanilla townie... you have no reason to believe me, but it didn't matter to me when i first claimed what i was, so if i would've been mafia, i would've claimed mafia... i was frustrated w/ my stupid computer, and couldn't give a rat's ass about this game (add that to personal problems w/ family)... again i encourage you if you don't believe me to reread my posts from when i came back to now...
Fircoal wrote:LB, your vote hopping like Skruffs seems suspicious, but Skruff seems town to me. Lb, you wanted to be lynched which is also scummy, but I'm not sure whether to believe your intentions or not.
how is wanting to be lynched scummy?..
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #327 (isolation #20) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:29 am

Post by LyingBrian »

LyingBrian wrote:i retract my lynch request since someone pointed out that it would not be beneficial to the town even if i was a vanilla townie like i claimed...
try reading it like this
someone wrote:it would not be beneficial to the town even if you are a vanilla townie like you claimed
again, i'll reiterate that i was speaking from their perspective, not mine... another hint that i was speaking from a different perspective is the fact that i said "even if i was" instead of "even if i am"... if i had used the latter instead of the former i would agree it could appear to be a slip-up, but if you are talking about yourself from someone else's perspective, it would be correct to use the past tense like i did...

FOS: wicked

trying to use my bandwagon & lame excuses to get me lynched... it seems like she's grasping at straws to give her enough reason to vote for me...
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #337 (isolation #21) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:41 am

Post by LyingBrian »

@kilmenator

you are exactly correct... my attitude was extremely crappy, and i am ashamed that i let my frustration w/ not being able to be replaced spill over into the game... it shows no integrity, but i'm sure you'll just look at this as my trying to save face rather than what it truly is, an apology to all the other players, and an apology to Sailor Jerry...

however, if the town decides to keep me around, i'll do my best from now on to play this game correctly...

on that note, i also disagree w/ a player being able to proxy their vote, but one way of making sure The Central Scrutinizer is back in time to cast his own vote is to retract the deadline or move it again...

mod, can you please retract the deadline

@Y.C

he could very well be scum w/ Skruffs... proxying your vote means nothing...

FOS: The Central Scrutinizer

@wicked

[sarcasm]i appreciate your challening my rebuttal, rather than just making a general statement[/sarcasm]
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #339 (isolation #22) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:05 am

Post by LyingBrian »

Sailor Jerry wrote:
Y.C wrote:Mod, can CS delegate his voting authority?
If he so desires.
perhaps you missed this post, Skruffs?.. i appreciate what you said about only using his vote w/ majority of active town, but if he's going to be gone, then you could just not use it at all...

if you think i'm badly gambitting, then maybe that should be a point in my favor... i've only gambitted a few times (in which games, i can't think of off the top of my head), but i've stuck w/ the gambit all the way through, i didn't quit, turn a 180, and go the other direction... the only other time i've done what i've done in this game was when i first came to the site, was under attack, and got frustrated, so this behaviour is a tell that i'm frustrated, not scum... i'll keep that in mind, Skruffs, next time i get frustrated i'll just quit... just b/c you think something doesn't make it so, it's all perspective... if you remove yourself from your little box and put yourself in my shoes, maybe you would begin to understand...
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #341 (isolation #23) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:25 pm

Post by LyingBrian »

and what actions would those be, Skruffs?..
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #346 (isolation #24) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:33 pm

Post by LyingBrian »

anything you talked about on this page refers to my "gambitting"... nothing on this page refers to my actions before i asked to be replaced... [edit] i just reviewed all your posts over the course of the game, Skruffs, and i didn't see where you were really suspicious of me at all before i asked to be replaced...

FOS: Skruffs

Skruffs literally said
Skruffs wrote:my vote still stands, based on the actions you did before you decided you wanted to quit/play again.
yet i see nothing from that portion of time that supports this... Skruffs seems eager to push my bandwagon, but trying to seem town-friendly by not putting me at lynch -1... scummalicious...
Skruffs wrote:Y.C being gone will be the equivalent of Lowell being gone, L.B, unless the majority of remaining town tells me otherwise. I've never heard of someone asking a mod to force-unvote a lurker, before, I'm sure that's not what you are suggesting now.
whate the heck are you talking about here?..
Skruffs wrote:I do agree with you about your potential gambitting. If you saw you were caught in somethign stupid, you could have panicked and said "oh I was just attacking you because I don't really care.... but I *do* care, so give me a chance"... as a way to avoid dealing with the initial attack in the first place.
again your verbage confuses me... are you trying to say that you think i panicked, or are you trying to say that i could have panicked?... also, please do me a favor, and spend another minute or two composing your posts before you post them... it will help you communicate your ideas to us, and it will help us understand what you're trying to say...
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #350 (isolation #25) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:16 pm

Post by LyingBrian »

Skruffs wrote:based on the actions you did
before
after you decided you wanted to
quit/play again
request replacement.
fixed... that puts it in the proper time period... i decided to "quit" when my computer stopped working, then decided to come back since Sailor Jerry couldn't find a replacement... i've already explained those actions, time & time again... i was frustrated w/ everything but the game, then i took it out on the game...
Skruffs wrote:I don't see why you are asking me to compose my posts. I tend to get letters rearranged, however, I say what I mean - and if what I say causes misunderstanding, I correct myself and take responsibility for what I've done.
i asked that of you b/c your Post #345 confused the hell out of me... if you truly do correct yourself, please address the question i asked you in Post #346 that you didn't answer... voting me doesn't make Post #345 any less scummalicious, it just proves you're reacting to me which isn't a good townie trait...
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:So I hereby un-proxy my vote, and keep my vote on LB. I just don't like his play.
[sarcasm]what a great analysis[/sarcasm]
would you mind giving me specifics, The Central Scrutinizer?..

and i also request somebody to unvote me as opportunistic scum could very easily jump in right now (not w/o just cause, but still) to lynch me... in fact, if i am lynched, tomorrow, town, you may want to pressure Skruffs & whoever hammers me...
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #351 (isolation #26) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:17 pm

Post by LyingBrian »

Skruffs wrote:based on the actions you did
before
after you decided you wanted to
quit/play again
request replacement.
fixed... that puts it in the proper time period... i decided to "quit" when my computer stopped working, then decided to come back since Sailor Jerry couldn't find a replacement... i've already explained those actions, time & time again... i was frustrated w/ everything but the game, then i took it out on the game...
Skruffs wrote:I don't see why you are asking me to compose my posts. I tend to get letters rearranged, however, I say what I mean - and if what I say causes misunderstanding, I correct myself and take responsibility for what I've done.
i asked that of you b/c your Post #345 confused the hell out of me... if you truly do correct yourself, please address the question i asked you in Post #346 that you didn't answer... voting me doesn't make Post #345 any less scummalicious, it just proves you're reacting to me which isn't a good townie trait...
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:So I hereby un-proxy my vote, and keep my vote on LB. I just don't like his play.
[sarcasm]what a great analysis[/sarcasm]
would you mind giving me specifics, The Central Scrutinizer?..

and i also request somebody to unvote me as opportunistic scum could very easily jump in right now (not w/o just cause, but still) to lynch me... in fact, if i am lynched, tomorrow, town, you may want to pressure Skruffs & whoever hammers me...
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #353 (isolation #27) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:55 pm

Post by LyingBrian »

mod, can you please move the deadline again, or remove it?...
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #356 (isolation #28) » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:35 am

Post by LyingBrian »

Skruffs wrote:For the record - no oppurtunistic jumped on because we are pegging scum right now. :P
or the scum are already on my bandwagon... now i want you to think about something... i realize this is WIFOM, but why would scum ask for the deadline to be retracted?.. i could have easily not said anything and lived to see another day (possibly, depending on the mod) i realize that i could've done it to make myself look more townish, but the risk vs. reward is too great for scum to attempt it IMO... yes, as i said it is WIFOM, but just think about it for awhile... i would still like somebody to unvote... if you guys decide to definitively lynch me, ok, but i'd rather not risk a quicklynch b/c somebody wanted to be stubborn...
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #358 (isolation #29) » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:49 am

Post by LyingBrian »

@Skruffs

so you're willing to risk lynching a pro-town role, just b/c you're stubborn enough to hold onto whatever from a low point in my game rather than listening to the points i'm brining up?...that sounds scummish to me... you may be convinced that i'm scum, but if that's the case it's only b/c you're trying so hard to make yourself look townish... if i go down today, i would definitely advocate your going down tomorrow, regardless of what role you "claim"... you are scum, you know it & i know it, i just hope i'm persuasive enough to get you lynched tomorrow if i get lynched today...
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #364 (isolation #30) » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:55 pm

Post by LyingBrian »

i wasn't lying... i really am just a vanilla townie... guess that blows Skruffs LyingBrian/Fircoal scum team out of the water... oh well, hopefully the town still has a fighting chance...
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #365 (isolation #31) » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:57 pm

Post by LyingBrian »

as you wish, Y.C, although it doesn't make a difference now...

LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #428 (isolation #32) » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:38 pm

Post by LyingBrian »

GG scum... sorry for my poor attitude & playstyle...

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”