Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:32 pm

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

It's time for the 4th Vote Count of DOOM :twisted:

3 - klebian (Turbovolver, kilmenator, Adele)
2 – geraintm (ShadowLurker, MrBuddyLee)

1 – kilmenator (klebian)

Not Voting: norinel, Colonel Kurtz, geraintm

Remember with 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch before the deadline and 3 votes to lynch at the deadline!
The end justifies the means.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

Sigh... I will now start seeking a replacement for Colonel Kurtz.
:(
The end justifies the means.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:05 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

kilmenator wrote:the reason i ask is because if you look at the set up of the other game, once people were lynched they became on the opposite side instead of dying. so for example, if XXX were a protownie and we lynched him, XXX would not die he would come back as a player for scum and likewise with YYY if YYY were a scum buddie and was lynched, YYY would come back as a townie. it was in the setup of the other game. i am not saying we need to try it, i just want to make sure that it is out there if i get NK'ed. i thought that klebians summary was good, but again, i would like him to outline who he thinks is scum and why, not summarize the game. he has proven he is willing to work and the summary has been good to refresh my memory, but again, i dont like that he is not willing to put forth who he thinks is scum.
That last sentence is just a
little
misrepresentitive. He's been putting forward who he thinks is scummy based on his current analysis, it just hasn't been up to date considering the analysis is not finished. That's not the same as "not willing to put forth who he thinks is scum".

Also how would that other game work? Someone who was scum becomes town - oops now they sell out all their buddies and win?
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:48 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

By the way, if kilm's claimish thingy is true, we had two watcher/trackerish roles on the town side. Possible, but atypical.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:12 pm

Post by kilmenator »

The two roles being protown are probably there to balance the game. Look at the other DOOM game to see an explanation of the roles, in either case, neither person who turns scum or turns town knows the other scum.
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:15 pm

Post by kilmenator »

MrBuddyLee wrote: This game had a scum godfather, which is a pretty huge advantage for scum. I'd be surprised if they got an additional benefit from recruiting dead townies to their side.
MrBuddyLee wrote:By the way, if kilm's claimish thingy is true, we had two watcher/trackerish roles on the town side. Possible, but atypical.
that was again, probably a way to balance the game IMO. just speculation though, i am not pushing for an ozy lynch, just putting my opinion out so that if i am night killed i will have had something to contribute to the game.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:14 pm

Post by Adele »

For me, 1 tracker + 1 watcher = 1 cop in balance (very approximately). There's definately a symmetry to having both. Unusual, yes, since mods tend to prefer having a cop in, but not "implausible".
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:16 am

Post by geraintm »

every day i come in here to see what has happened over night. and it just seems to be people trying to outguess the mod.
i leave each day thinking we haven't got anywhere further
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:51 am

Post by Turbovolver »

geraintm wrote:
klebian wrote: Then geraint posts (kinda near a deadline)
geraintm wrote:if ozy does end up getting lynched, it will be one of the worst lynches i have seen. just a truly poor game to try and get a 'fair' lynch from, if that makes sense. i'll be very disappointed if ozy goes (unless he turns up scum of course)
and if we get two new players, they'll have like 5 days to actualyl post, almost worthless :-( this game makes me sad.
I'll be disappointed if he goes unless he's scum seems like trying to cover up that he already knows ozy will be scum. I don't like this post, the points against ozy were fairly solid, and he doesn't really say why he doesn't like an ozy lynch.
Your post here is very lazy for someone who is doing a review of the game. I clearly say why i thought lynching Ozy was a bad idea in a later post where i explained what i thought an "unfair lynch" was. As that post i am quoting of myself was 4 hours after the one you quoted, i find it hard to beleive you missed it. How did you, or was your quoting just quiet selective?
You did fail to answer his first question here. However, considering that question says "sounds like he knows ozy will be scum", it isn't particularly valid. I was surprised you didn't mention this though.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:03 pm

Post by Norinel »

ShadowLurker wrote:Do you have some thoughts than who you think are scum then? If you're not happy where everyone is going, an alternative is always nice.
I've taken a lot of my Mafia time the last few days to finish a read of this game. I'm still not really seeing the geraint thing or the kleb thing without a little more looking over, but here are some comments about other people:

Turbo: There's the easy target thing, which has been discussed a lot today already. He's very explicitly shifted the burden of metagame research to the people who want to use the argument against him, which I could either see as reasonable or saying that the argument has no bearing unless you're willing to spend a lot of time poring through other games. Other than that, I didn't see too much that caught my eye.

kilme and MBL: On the one hand, coming out with something like nightgame info right at the beginning of Day 2 is a bold thing to do if scum and a potentially powerful thing to do if town. On the other hand, that's WIFOM, and the slow back and forth between them revealing half-bits of info either has already revealed a lot of info if they're telling the truth or could be one or the other as scum cold reading the other. I have a pretty good guess about what's going on between the two of them just reading it, and I wouldn't be suprised if the scum (Supposing they were both town) had an even better guess.

I've also seen some things from kilme later on in the game that are a bit troubling irrespective of style. He has been spreading a fair bit of FUD Day 2, like being the main one to take up my possibility that Ozy was scum with limited lynch immunity.

Also, am I right in saying this is a decent summary of role-related info that's been claimed so far?

SL: Daycop
Ozy: Unlynchable townie, ability confirmed Day 1
Kilme: Tracker/info role, probably targeted MBL Night 1.
MBL: Has claimed a night action
Norinel: unclaimed, Innocent by SL
Adele: unclaimed, Innocent by SL
Turbovolver: unclaimed
Colonel Kurz: unclaimed
geraintm: unclaimed
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:22 pm

Post by kilmenator »

I am NOT pushing for an ozy lynch, I am just making a point that ozy is not yet off the hook. I wish you guys would just take a quick look at the other doom game to get an idea of what went on there. I do not suspect that the mod had the same setup BUT I would guess that it may be similar. And Noriel, since when is it YOUR possibility, I made a comment and someone else commented on it, so I felt the need to respond. Regardless of who brought it up, which I do NOT remeber you bringing it up, I thought it deserved a little more attention just in case people over looked it. Right now, we need to focus on finding who is scum and getting a lynch done before deadline. It would help if those lurking would speak up a little. I would also like to see a suspect list.

My top two suspects are Klebian and geraintm. Next in line would be Ozy, but that is just because of the setup of the other game (but I am not too worried about him being that he does not have killing ability if the set up is similar). I would bet though, if all truth be told about the roles, I would bet there is something else out there other than two or more scum. I dont know exactly what, but something, this is where my thoughts on the day kill coming from scum would make a little more sense.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:28 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

Norinel wrote:Turbo: There's the easy target thing, which has been discussed a lot today already. He's very explicitly shifted the burden of metagame research to the people who want to use the argument against him, which I could either see as reasonable or saying that the argument has no bearing unless you're willing to spend a lot of time poring through other games. Other than that, I didn't see too much that caught my eye.
I was trying to make the point that I wasn't going after them because they were easy targets - because I didn't even know. I thought it might've been a slip, the attacks on me - who said they post that way as town? If that couldn't be verified, then the attack was likely craplogic.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:30 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

Also, didn't Colonel Kurtz replace Ozymandius?

Norinel I think in your list:

Ozy -> Colonel's Replacement
Colonel Kurtz -> klebian
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:26 pm

Post by geraintm »

Turbovolver wrote:
You did fail to answer his first question here. However, considering that question says "sounds like he knows ozy will be scum", it isn't particularly valid. I was surprised you didn't mention this though.
I told him to go look at the post i made quoted below.
geraintm wrote:i think it would be an unfair lynch because too many people would have been able to stay effectivly silent for the whole of today, giving up little info for tomorrow. i dislike it strongly if people are able to not get involved in a lynch. a fair lynch is if there is plenty of discussion and everyone has had they say.
in this case, i think it wouldn't be good if ozy ends up lynched when at the same time mod is sending out prods to 30% of the people playing...
I think it is unfair of you to say i hadn't answered his question when i already had.

To norinel - seems a fair assesment to me
kilmenator wrote:I am NOT pushing for an ozy lynch, I am just making a point that ozy is not yet off the hook.
agree with this
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:13 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

Uhh geraintm, there's a reason I specified the
first
question. The post you linked too answered the next question.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:59 pm

Post by geraintm »

Turbovolver wrote:Uhh geraintm, there's a reason I specified the
first
question. The post you linked too answered the next question.
What's teh first question? I can't find another one in here
klebian wrote:
Then geraint posts (kinda near a deadline)
geraintm wrote:if ozy does end up getting lynched, it will be one of the worst lynches i have seen. just a truly poor game to try and get a 'fair' lynch from, if that makes sense. i'll be very disappointed if ozy goes (unless he turns up scum of course)
and if we get two new players, they'll have like 5 days to actualyl post, almost worthless :-( this game makes me sad.
I'll be disappointed if he goes unless he's scum seems like trying to cover up that he already knows ozy will be scum. I don't like this post, the points against ozy were fairly solid, and he doesn't really say why he doesn't like an ozy lynch.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:32 am

Post by Turbovolver »

klebian wrote:I'll be disappointed if he goes unless he's scum seems like trying to cover up that he already knows ozy will be scum.
OK, so it's an accusation, not a question.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:27 pm

Post by Adele »

Turbovolver wrote:
klebian wrote:I'll be disappointed if he goes unless he's scum seems like trying to cover up that he already knows ozy will be scum.
OK, so it's an accusation, not a question.
I had to read klebian's quote 3 times before I got it. I seem to be incapable of understanding posts with even slightly imperfect grammar lately. So:
klebian sorta wrote:"I'll be disappointed if he goes unless he's scum" seems like trying to cover up that he already knows ozy will be scum
/agree, but I don't know if this accusation can be "answered" like a question could. What can gerain say in reply except, "well it might seem that way to you but it's not"?
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:35 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

You mean you understood it?

I still don't.

Like I said, how can he be knowing Ozy was already scum if Ozy
wasn't
?
Turbovolver wrote:You did fail to answer his first question here. However, considering that question says "sounds like he knows ozy will be scum", it isn't particularly valid. I was surprised you didn't mention this though.
I mean I still don't get it, you took three tries. I don't think the most likely explanation here is geraintm understood it and thought "nope, not worth responding to."
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:48 pm

Post by Adele »

Turbovolver wrote:You mean you understood it?

I still don't.

wasn't
?
But Ozy hasn't died yet. Maybe he
was
... er,
is

I mean, I think what klebian was getting at is that gerain's "I'll be disappointed if he goes unless he's scum" looks like someone trying to oppose a lynch but hedge their bets for the eventual discovery that ozy's scum and therefore gerain was opposing a lynch on scum.

Like, gerain's trying to push the "this is a stupid wagon" card but at the same time the "if he comes up scum, it's on record I never said he definately wouldn't" card.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:54 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

Adele wrote:

I still don't.

wasn't
?
was
... er,
is
He certainly wasn't revealed as scum though, which was my point. If they really were scum partners together, that means geraintm doesn't have any motivation for hedging his bests when it turns out "Ozy will be scum", because in fact Ozy will survive the lynch and not get revealed as scum.

In fact the more I think about this, it's klebian that comes out looking bad. His attack on geraintm doesn't hold up to scrutiny and I still cant see any way saying "Ozy will be scum" makes sense without some sort of inside knowledge.
Adele wrote:I mean, I think what klebian was getting at is that gerain's "I'll be disappointed if he goes unless he's scum" looks like someone trying to oppose a lynch but hedge their bets for the eventual discovery that ozy's scum and therefore gerain was opposing a lynch on scum.

Like, gerain's trying to push the "this is a stupid wagon" card but at the same time the "if he comes up scum, it's on record I never said he definately wouldn't" card.
I don't really see how you get this from klebian's words, but it is a reasonable point. However if Ozy is scum with geraintm, it doesn't make much sense to say it. If not, then it's either a throw-away comment (geraintm townie) or feigning incomplete knowledge (geraintm scum). I don't really see a way to discern from the two, so yeah, I guess I agree geraintm doesn't have anything to explain.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by geraintm »

I still don't.
I mean I still don't get it, you took three tries. I don't think the most likely explanation here is geraintm understood it and thought "nope, not worth responding to."
[/quote]

How can you make such a fuss of me not answering a question when you and Adele both agree what was written was very hard to understand and you think the most liekly explanation is that i didn't understand it?
Adele wrote: I mean, I think what klebian was getting at is that gerain's "I'll be disappointed if he goes unless he's scum" looks like someone trying to oppose a lynch but hedge their bets for the eventual discovery that ozy's scum and therefore gerain was opposing a lynch on scum.
Putting words into Klebian's mouth aren't you?

And Adele, i was opposing Ozy's lynch at that point, i don't deny that at all. At that time, i thought lynching Ozy would be terrible.
But has anyone noticed that i actually the person who lynched Ozy? My post 373 was the final vote on Ozy. if as you are saying you think i could be scum because i already knew Ozy was scum, it seems pretty far fetched to me that the game would require both me and Ozy to be scum and Ozy to be an unlynchable mafia. I think that is what the Klebian hypotosis (sp?) would require for me to be a mafia.
And now i have acually gone through and understood what everyone is thinking, i am going to
vote klebian

Turbovolver wrote: I don't really see a way to discern from the two, so yeah, I guess I agree geraintm doesn't have anything to explain.
glad that you came round to this point of view in the end.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:02 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Lynching Ozy a second time would be a bizarre choice. If he dies, he's scum, if he doesn't, we still wouldn't know a thing more about his alignment.

I think we need to assess his play and determine his scumminess that way, because lynching him for his claim is more of a desperation play.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:00 pm

Post by kilmenator »

[quote="MrBuddyLee"]Lynching Ozy a second time would be a bizarre choice. If he dies, he's scum, if he doesn't, we still wouldn't know a thing more about his alignment.

I think we need to assess his play and determine his scumminess that way, because lynching him for his claim is more of a desperation play.[/quote]

I totally agree with this statement, and therefore think we need to watch ozy/colonel/ or whoever replaces colonel... i must admit though that i do not think he would be an unlynchable mafia, if anything the setup would more likely be something like similar to the other game...
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:26 pm

Post by klebian »

Adele wrote:

I still don't.

wasn't
?
was
... er,
is

I mean, I think what klebian was getting at is that gerain's "I'll be disappointed if he goes unless he's scum" looks like someone trying to oppose a lynch but hedge their bets for the eventual discovery that ozy's scum and therefore gerain was opposing a lynch on scum.

Yeah, sorry, I guess that was badly worded. What I meant was, that saying "I'll be disappointed with this lynch (unless he turns up scum)" is fairly redundant. It seems like something scum would say, because it looks like this statement is overcompensating. I think the inclusion of this sentence in his post was scummy because it seems to me as if he's trying to sound as pro-town as possible while still opposing an ozy lynch.

I don't support lynching him, however. Like MBL said, lynching him would be fairly useless: we'd get little out of it unless we're lucky, and I doubt that will happen. However, with his claim, ozy should survive to endgame as scum have the benefit of knowing that unlynchable scum is a possibility and won't kill him.

I will see to reading over the rest of the game, and responding to any accusations I may not have.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”