Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:36 pm

Post by Jack »

Yamahako wrote:If ectomancer turns up scum I think we know why omg didn't die last night
What does this mean?

It's interesting that we had two claimed power roles and neither of them died.

Why are you voting ectomancer pablito?
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:45 pm

Post by Arafax »

Day 2 Vote Count

Ectomancer : 2 (pablito, Yamahako)

No one else....The game comtinues...
"I will wait for you forever...If you would just ask me"
- Emery
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:45 pm

Post by Yamahako »

Jack wrote:
Yamahako wrote:If ectomancer turns up scum I think we know why omg didn't die last night
What does this mean?

It's interesting that we had two claimed power roles and neither of them died.

Why are you voting ectomancer pablito?
In re-reading Ectomancer, he defended omg alot - I just thought it was a bit suspicious.

Depending on some stuff that happened last night, I might have a decent strategy - but it will require a full claim from me and depend on wether or not we accept that omg is a confirmed doc, and kenji is a confirmed vanilla townie :-/

I don't want to say any more unless people think its worth persuing.
I'm suspicious - in every sense of the word.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:53 pm

Post by pablito »

I have found Ecto to have acted opportunistically and it's more of a gut feeling actually. Just the way he discusses things.
Sup, later.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:57 pm

Post by Jack »

pablito wrote:I have found Ecto to have acted opportunistically and it's more of a gut feeling actually. Just the way he discusses things.
You said yesterday that you were happy with the riverwind lynch. What has changed since then?

Yamahako seems to be considering claiming, who thinks that is a good idea?
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:15 pm

Post by omg_im_innocent_wtf »

hmm

ok at this point i think its pointless to consider me anything but confirmed.

look at this from a logical perspecpective.

assume im not the doc:
from here it is in the best interests of the town for me to be counterclaimed right now. if the 'real' doc leaves it til tmr we could be in a lynch or lose situation and when they counterclaim it would be too late.

so if anyone else wants to counterclaim doc, go for it. i know im the real doc so it just means that you will die, simply furthering the validity of my claim when you turn up scum. outside of that im confirmed.

doubters, yamahako in particular, please consider this logic. this is not just me telling you my role, this is cold hard facts about what is best for the town at this point.

ok.... now: should i reveal who i protected last night? does it even matter (i ask because if there is a vig in the game then at least 1 night kill didnt go through)?

also, im going with my #1 suspect all game to start of the day....

vote jack
i swear im not mafia
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:18 pm

Jack wrote:You said yesterday that you were happy with the riverwind lynch. What has changed since then?
rofl post of the thread. he turned up town jack.. we were wrong.

actually on riverwind, tbh i really had nfi of his role at the end. but even in his second post he stated that he wouldnt participate... if he goes afk in the last days town is screwed... he was as good as scum either way.
i swear im not mafia
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:33 pm

Post by Jack »

I have to wonder why yamahako is still acting like you might be guilty.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:37 pm

Post by M4yhem »

Hm. Omg's not dead. Yeah, I know that you know, but I think it's a significant fact that bears repeating.
Three possibilities:
1. Omg is not the doc and is in fact scum. I don't think this is likely but it is possible. There might not be a doc after all; this isn't an open setup. Or is it? I can't remember. If there is a doc who hasn't claimed yet, they should probably claim.
2. The scum are playing wifom with us. I give this 97/100 in terms of likelyhood.
Yamahako may have put the idea into their heads. To me, this is not much of a problem. If the scum want to leave power roles alive to screw with us, that's fine with me.
3. A roleblocker stopped the scum kill and Patrick was killed by a vig. Probably best not to think about this.

Um...yeah. That was pointless. Let's move on.

Yamahako- claim if you think it's worth risking your life for.
I think Omg is about 99 percent likely the doc. I don't think of Kenji as cleared at all. We haven't seen the scum pms- They may have been told that a certain word is in capitals on the town pm as a sort of safeclaim. Assume nothing. For what it's worth, I don't have any capitalized words in my pm; probably because I got it after the rest of you. I don't think it's a good idea to rely too heavily on things like this. It's called outguessing the mod and can lead to a painful defeat.

As for who is scum, I still suspect Scot. He's being far too reasonable and he was on the riverwind lynch. Not sure about Ectomancer. I read through his posts and nothing stands out for me.
Jack wrote: It's interesting that we had two claimed power roles and neither of them died.
This comment disturbs me, Jack. If the scum are playing wifom, this is exactly the kind of thing I'd expect them to say. Seems like you might be trying to lead the town into thinking a certain way.
Vote:Jack
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:25 am

Post by Yamahako »

No no no, don't get me wrong I absolutely do not think omg is mafia - I have a plan based on some information I have, with some potential information that someone probably gathered last night, and if we accept omg and kenji as confirmed (me knowing my role and my status) I think we can numerically gaurentee a win. Before I go off half-cocked however, I'd like to know if that is the town consensus (that Kenji and Omg are more or less confirmed innocents), and whether people think that me full claiming and suggesting my plan would be prudent now.

Bah, nm I can claim at this point, it hardly matters - and with the votes piling up on Jack (and us having no info on when the day will end) I'd like everyone to be able to comment on it in case he's not the droid we are looking for.

I am a deputy (DEPUTY), I become the cop when the cop dies. In addition to becoming the cop, I get his suspect list and the results. I am sure of my sanity (though nothing was stated about the real cop's sanity).

I hinted at this in two ways yesterday (just to clarify) once when I mentioned the "Nurse" role briefly (the version of the Deputy for the Doc), and another time when I said that the existance of my role confirms the existance of another.

Being the Deputy - and knowing in the town that someone is a cop - hopefully they investigated someone tonight - and therefore has a verdict on someone. If we accept that OMG is the doc, then OMG can protect to potentially keep things going longer. This creates a problem for the scum in knowing who to kill since even if they hit the real cop - I'll have the result of his investigations.

I'm sort of willing to accept Kenji as town- however that's the weakest contention of my plan. If Kenji, OMG, Me, and a cop (who would theoretically be able to claim today to verify last nights investigation) were considered cleared - then we could investigate the other 6 people in the town, depending on the outcomes of certain things and the existance of other potential power roles, we could get 3 solid investigations before all 3 of us (OMG, me, and the cop) before we were all dead. Assuming that we have a hit on someone who didn't claim a power role from the cop, then we also have one investigation already covered - (leaving 2 people unaccounted for) if we lynch one of those people today, then see tomorrow how the investigation turns out - we could determine the best course of action at that time. IF there are only 2 scum, we could have it done in 2 more days.

If people think this is a solid plan, I would suggest that the cop claim and give us his result from last night - and we could quickly act with that information.
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:11 am

Post by Arafax »

Day 2 Vote Count

Ectomancer : 2 (pablito, Yamahako)

Jack : 2 (M4yhem, omg_im_innocent_wtf)
- Emery
Kenji
Kenji
Goon
Kenji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:14 am

Post by Kenji »

Ah, ok Yama's claim makes sense now...

Finger's crossed on the cop getting a decent result last night.

I'm leaning towards a Jack lynch or Ectomancer lynch today, either will suit me fine.

Vote Ectomancer
for now
[img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style2,Kenji.png[/img]
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:21 am

Post by scotmany12 »

What reasoning is there for a Jack lynch? Did I miss something? Also, M4yhem. Yes I was on the riverwind lynch, but I was one of the first ones on. I know that that doesn't say much but still. Also, I'm a little confused on what you mena by me being "reasonable."
Hemisphere Dancer
Hemisphere Dancer
Goon
Hemisphere Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:37 am

Post by Hemisphere Dancer »

Yama, I don't see why you're pressing my 5 posts. If I have something to say, I'll say it. If I don't, I'm not going to clutter up the thread with absolutely useless drivel. I'm watching for now, and if my input is needed, I'll speak. But right now I'm letting the more experienced players work their magic. Most likely I'll speak up once there are less people and I've got a decent idea of who I personally feel uis scum.

Although I do believe you when you say you're the Deputy. That's good, because it means we have a cop. That's bad, because now the scum can claim cop. So any future cop claims should be taken with a grain of salt.

I'm still not feeling the omg doc claim. But M4yhem's Wifom theory does sound plausible, so I'm not going to vote. Aside from that, I need to look back over Ecto and Jack's posts before I decide on a vote.
Shameless fangirl and full-blooded Parrothead (in training)

~Call me Kitty. It's better than Bob.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:52 am

Post by Jack »

If there's a deputy I may as well. I got a guilty on pablito.

Vote:pablito

We only have 2 more investigations though.

Seems like an easy victory, kind of lame.
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:59 am

yamahako - there is one problem with your plan. if you are scum and making up the deputy then we get pretty much owned by the whole thing.

i still think cop should claim if they have the role of any living player in the game apart from me.

for any doubters on my role - anyone who wants to fake 'doc' should also claim right now. if im not the real doc it makes absolutely no sense for the real doc not to claim at this point.
i swear im not mafia
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:01 pm

HA!

unvote, vote pablito

i did wonder about that early rolefishing....
i swear im not mafia
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:46 pm

Post by Yamahako »

If there's not a counter claim to Jack I'm happy to move to pablito for voting - Scum would be more likely to claim a not-guilty result making this less likely something fake.
Unvote, Vote Pablito

I think its best not to annouce your investigation choice Jack, that makes it harder for mafia to reduce the amount of information we get.
Hemisphere Dancer
Hemisphere Dancer
Goon
Hemisphere Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:09 pm

Um... why are you two eagerly going along with Jack? Just because we know there's a cop, it doesn't mean that Jack's our cop. A mass vote on pablito wins the mafia another day and another nightkill if he's town.

Of course, if he's town this means that Jack's a filthy lying scum and we've got one. Possibly two, actually, since both Yama and omg jumped right on there. I don't see any reason to follow him so quickly. I mean, how often is it that the cop gets a mafiate on night 1?

The possibility also remains that Jack IS the cop, but we don't know the sanity of aforementioned upholder of the law.
Yamahako wrote: I think its best not to annouce your investigation choice Jack,
that makes it harder for mafia to reduce the amount of information we get.
And this makes no sense. I don't see where making things harder for the mafia is a bad thing.

Still not voting, at least until pablito posts.

Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:13 pm

Post by Jack »

My role pm says sane.

I was confident about pablito. If you noticed he started the round really pro town getting everyone talking but eventually kept going after ecto and just sat and watched riverwind get lynched with barely a comment. Clear sign of faked pro-towness.

Yamahako meant that if I don't announce my investigation it makes it harder for the mafia.
Hemisphere Dancer
Hemisphere Dancer
Goon
Hemisphere Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:25 pm

Oh okay.

Well, it eliminates the possibility of you being paranoid if pablito turns up town.

Yeah, I still don't quite trust your claim, but right now I'm willing to wait and see what happens. I'm still waiting until pablito comments to vote, though. My hasty decisions tend to end up with me doing something incredibly stupid. Don't hold it against me, okay? And for the love of all the is holy, don't waste an investigation on mere hesitation alone.

And now I see what Yama meant. Thanks. ^_^

Although now that you've claimed, people are bound to bandwagon on your votes, whether it's just speculation or not.

Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:26 pm

Post by Yamahako »

If he announces his investigation target - the mafia will simply kill the target (or the doc.. ect.) if they kill the target, it makes us more suspicious of OMG, while letting us get fewer leads (like who died reducing the number of potential scum).

I don't think this is a fool proof plan, but baring a counter claim - and the fact that Jack got a guilty (if it were an innocent verdict then I would be more skeptical) I think its worth moving on.
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:32 pm

Post by Arafax »

VOTE COUNT

Ectomancer : 2 (pablito, Kenji)

Jack : 1 (M4yhem)

pablito : 3 (Jack, omg_im_innocent_wtf, Yamahako)
- Emery
Hemisphere Dancer
Hemisphere Dancer
Goon
Hemisphere Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:32 pm

*nod* I got it now, thanks you two.

But still, despite fear of being thought an OMGSCUMBUDDY, I'm going to wait for pablito to comment. Last game I had where the cop claimed we ended up lynching a townie and losing. D: That's the last time I'm blindly following the cop.

Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:36 pm

Post by Jack »

Although actually, I really doubt they would bother to kill who I investigated, with omg and yama still around.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”