Newbie 1368 - Will there ever be a title? (GAME OVER)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:09 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 949, homertve wrote:Oh, and by the way, your tail is on fire.
I laughed IRL
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:15 am

Post by enomis »

In post 948, Grimgroove wrote:
In post 940, enomis wrote:1. Grimgroove - leaning town
3. homertve - leaning scum
Hmm.
What's the difference between me and homertve? We're both pushing the same wagon for the same reasons.
Your point being?

@homer: So you are saying you cannot find scum motivation but you would not do that as a person?

I need to think twice to get your joke.
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Homertve: "Oh, and by the way, your tail is on fire."
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:20 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 951, enomis wrote:
In post 948, Grimgroove wrote:
Hmm.
What's the difference between me and homertve? We're both pushing the same wagon for the same reasons.
Your point being?
That your reads list doesn't seem to make sense in this regard.
You didn't answer the question.
Core_H86
Core_H86
Goon
Core_H86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:37 am

Post by Core_H86 »

In post 919, enomis wrote:
In post 916, homertve wrote:enomis, either I don't understand you or you don't understand me (or you are scum and you choose not to understand me).

[Not (Rach and Syr are town)] is not equal to [(Rach and Syr are scum)].

What core is saying is this:
If you flip town, then Syr is probably scum. The second scum is somebody else.
if you flip scum, then Rach is probably the second scum.

Now explain to me what's wrong with that argument.
Then how is this a case on why i am scummy? He used this as a case and voted me. So obv, he must have either of them have town to be able to use this case to say why i am scummy.

And no, if i flip scum,
he said Rach is town because i defend her to "whiteknight" and thus earn a buddy.

@Grim:

Let me phrase this another way. Why did you think Syr could think other people think he is twisting words is a decent case. Can you see his logic for saying that? Or is it just agreeing to a case to make the case weaker.(Yes, agreeing to case on you can be a scum tactic to make the case weaker).
i never said "whiteknighting" and i never said she was town my read on rach is scum lurker and will die tomorrow when you flip scum
Core_H86
Core_H86
Goon
Core_H86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:48 am

Post by Core_H86 »

6. Core_H86 - Not sure
7. Syryana (SE) - leaning scum

8. majiffy (SE) - Not sure
9. RachMarie (IC) - leaning scum
^^ this confirms you are scum
Core_H86
Core_H86
Goon
Core_H86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:14 am

Post by Core_H86 »

had you said grim was leaning scum and not rach i could have believed you were town giving honest reads but these reads are ment to be leading. You have been pleading rachtown all game, single-mindedly attached to syr and homer lands up there because you didn't like the negative attention he put on you
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:01 am

Post by RachMarie »

naa Core he is most likely newbtown.

I would be more concerned if he had no doubts about my alignment. At this point no one should be getting a total free pass.

That being said, I am putting Jiffy in the town pile for now, however if he does make it to later in the game I will be looking at him MUCH closer. There are a handful of players I do this with based on their play, and Jiffy is one of them.

So my reads are as follows

Jiffy Homer and Eno prob town

Core leaning town

Which leaves my two scumspects and in order

Syr is number 1
Grim is number 2

The lurking is due to what has been going on in RL, I am even behind in posting VCs in the games I am modding. And as was pointed out most posts I have posted have been that I am sick and that we are in a major heat wave....112 F today which is around 43 C for those who use Celsius. So it has nothing to do with alignment unless Syr is trying to say that I am scum in ALL my games including the ones I am modding.....
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:48 pm

Post by Edosurist »

VC 2.6

enomis
(1): Syryana, Core_H86
Syryana
(2): RachMarie, Majiffy
RachMarie
(2): Grimgroove, homertve
Not voting
: enomis

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Day 2 ends in
(expired on 2013-07-04 11:37:00)
The name's Edosurist. People call me Edos.
I'm back from hiatus (again), so please don't make me leave again (x4) by calling me
Edo
Edoist
(pronounced E-do-ist or e-DOIST? I'm not quite certain), or
Endoperson

Wiki (will eventually get updated) | Looking for a reviewer for a 24-themed (slightly) bastard mini.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:16 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

My take on it:

The deadline is close.
Most people have RachMarie in their scumlist (Syryana, homertve, enomis, Core_H86, Grimgroove), so she should be the one lynched.
Get her at L-1 and let her claim.
Lynch her after.
If it's wrong: lynch enomis and Majify.
If it's correct lynch Majify.

Maybe I'm horribly, horribly wrong and Syryana is scum anyway, in which case I take my hat off to him for fooling me the way he did. It would be evil, but damn, it would be good play.

homertve and Core_H86 are very close simply being conftown for me. Lately I haven't seen a single thing that could make me think anything but that.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:24 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Interesting wagons.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:25 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Grim shut the fuck up and vote Syr. Rach is probtown.

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:26 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Also your idea of putting me in the lynch pool regardless of Rach's flip 1) Means you should be voting me, and 2) Means you're fucking retarded.

||
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:29 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 961, Majiffy wrote:Also your idea of putting me in the lynch pool regardless of Rach's flip 1) Means you should be voting me,
First thing's first.
You just got here and your slot is practically devoid of information, since your predecessors said nothing.
But you already established you're not sincere through your reads, so yes, you deserve to be lynched later for it if nothing better comes up. Enomis gives me more the impression he could be misguided town, in case I'm not the one misguided.
Don't call me retarded, even if you mean it and think it objectively to be true. It's irrelevant and it won't in any way make me sway in the direction you want me to.
Core_H86
Core_H86
Goon
Core_H86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:32 pm

Post by Core_H86 »

^whoa man chillax your harshing my mellow-majiffy
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:36 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 962, Grimgroove wrote:
In post 961, Majiffy wrote:Also your idea of putting me in the lynch pool regardless of Rach's flip 1) Means you should be voting me,
First thing's first.
You just got here and your slot is practically devoid of information, since your predecessors said nothing.
Yet you feel ready to certify me as scum based on no flips. Because that's exactly what putting me in the lynching pool regardless of a Rach flip means.

Deflect all you want; I'll call you out on this all day.
In post 962, Grimgroove wrote:But you already established you're not sincere through your reads
Uh,
what?

In post 962, Grimgroove wrote:so yes, you deserve to be lynched later for it if nothing better comes up.
Ok; putting aside the fact that you have a faulty premise... You think my reads are insincere, and so
I deserve to be lynched later
if nothing better comes up?

You are either the scummiest or worst player I've ever run into on this site. Potentially both.
In post 962, Grimgroove wrote:Don't call me retarded, even if you mean it and think it objectively to be true. It's irrelevant and it won't in any way make me sway in the direction you want me to.
So? Tell me what it means in regards to scumhunting, what it doesn't mean, and give a
real
answer as to why I shouldn't call you what you are;
dumb as fucking bricks.

||
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:46 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 964, Majiffy wrote:
In post 962, Grimgroove wrote:
First thing's first.
Yet you feel ready to certify me as scum based on no flips. Because that's exactly what putting me in the lynching pool regardless of a Rach flip means.

Deflect all you want; I'll call you out on this all day.
Process of elimination (I gave you my strong townreads, my gut screams Syryana is scum), your initial "strong townread" on RachMarie that can simply not be explained (you'll realize as soon as you try), your current "weak townread" on her despite having pointed to so many things against her.
In post 962, Grimgroove wrote:But you already established you're not sincere through your reads
Uh,
what?
MAybe you should add a touch of color to that "what", to further stress your fake surprise.
In post 962, Grimgroove wrote:so yes, you deserve to be lynched later for it if nothing better comes up.
Ok; putting aside the fact that you have a faulty premise... You think my reads are insincere, and so
I deserve to be lynched later
if nothing better comes up?

You are either the scummiest or worst player I've ever run into on this site. Potentially both.
Yes, you just repeated what I said and called it stupid. That's not an argument.
In post 962, Grimgroove wrote:Don't call me retarded, even if you mean it and think it objectively to be true. It's irrelevant and it won't in any way make me sway in the direction you want me to.
So? Tell me what it means in regards to scumhunting, what it doesn't mean, and give a
real
answer as to why I shouldn't call you what you are;
dumb as fucking bricks.
A real reason? It offends me and takes away the joy from my game. I'm here to have fun and you are getting in the way of that by being unnecessarily rude. What's wrong with a respectful disagreement anyway? Doesn't provide the same charismatic aura you're going for?
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:57 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 965, Grimgroove wrote:Process of elimination (I gave you my strong townreads, my gut screams Syryana is scum), your initial "strong townread" on RachMarie that can simply not be explained (you'll realize as soon as you try), your current "weak townread" on her despite having pointed to so many things against her.
Is this devil majick or did you just turn this statement from your shit reads onto some weird psychological projection of my reads being shit? I can explain Rach fully, thank you, along with Syryana. There are also something like 7 other players in the game, whom I have given reads on and you happen to conveniently ignore here.

Welcome to my FOS bucket.
In post 965, Grimgroove wrote: MAybe you should add a touch of color to that "what", to further stress your fake surprise.
A+ deflection, you want to explain your statement now?

VOTE: Grim

[quote="In post 965, Grimgroove"
Yes, you just repeated what I said and called it stupid. That's not an argument. [/quote]
Neither is your argument. I'm calling you stupid, I'm not arguing your stupid argument.

[quote="In post 965, Grimgroove"
A real reason? It offends me and takes away the joy from my game.[/quote]
"boo hoo, people are insulting me in a game that requires players to illicit emotional responses from each other! I can't stand being butthurt on the internet! wah pity me!"

Fuck off.

[quote="In post 965, Grimgroove"I'm here to have fun and you are getting in the way of that by being unnecessarily rude. What's wrong with a respectful disagreement anyway? Doesn't provide the same charismatic aura you're going for?[/quote]
I'm having fun; why are you so troubled by it?

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:58 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Fixed tags:
In post 965, Grimgroove wrote:Process of elimination (I gave you my strong townreads, my gut screams Syryana is scum), your initial "strong townread" on RachMarie that can simply not be explained (you'll realize as soon as you try), your current "weak townread" on her despite having pointed to so many things against her.
Is this devil majick or did you just turn this statement from your shit reads onto some weird psychological projection of my reads being shit? I can explain Rach fully, thank you, along with Syryana. There are also something like 7 other players in the game, whom I have given reads on and you happen to conveniently ignore here.

Welcome to my FOS bucket.
In post 965, Grimgroove wrote: MAybe you should add a touch of color to that "what", to further stress your fake surprise.
A+ deflection, you want to explain your statement now?

VOTE: Grim
In post 965, Grimgroove wrote: Yes, you just repeated what I said and called it stupid. That's not an argument.
Neither is your argument. I'm calling you stupid, I'm not arguing your stupid argument.
In post 965, Grimgroove wrote: A real reason? It offends me and takes away the joy from my game.
"boo hoo, people are insulting me in a game that requires players to illicit emotional responses from each other! I can't stand being butthurt on the internet! wah pity me!"

Fuck off.
In post 965, Grimgroove wrote:I'm here to have fun and you are getting in the way of that by being unnecessarily rude. What's wrong with a respectful disagreement anyway? Doesn't provide the same charismatic aura you're going for?
I'm having fun; why are you so troubled by it?

||
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:59 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

Explain why RachMarie was such a strong townread for you initially.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:00 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Prior experience with Rach, knowing her mannerisms and the way she thinks. Her early posting in this game seemed more like her town game than her scum game.

||
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:02 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

Be more specific.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:05 pm

Post by Majiffy »

I'll fetch quotes tomorrow. I have to be up in 4 hours and do a number of things I am not physically in the mood to do. One of which being your mother.

||
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:08 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

RachMarie, you know this guy apparently, is he always like this or did I do something special to evoke this?
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:15 am

Post by enomis »

In post 955, Core_H86 wrote:had you said grim was leaning scum and not rach i could have believed you were town giving honest reads but these reads are ment to be leading. You have been pleading rachtown all game, single-mindedly attached to syr and homer lands up there because you didn't like the negative attention he put on you
Are you reading the game?

@Grim:
You think i put you town for driving the same wagon as homer?

@Rach:
What part of me makes you think i am a newb town?
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Homertve: "Oh, and by the way, your tail is on fire."
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:22 am

Post by Grimgroove »

I don't know why you're townreading me, but you said why you were scumreading homertve:

In post 942, enomis wrote:
In post 941, homertve wrote:So you have three people leaning scum. Of those three, who do you find the most scummiest? and why?
You. Because i find it weird that you decide to use one side of evidence (Grim) but not the other(mine). Basically, you just say Rach is suspicious for posting in other threads but not in here. When i gave you the example of why she didn't only not post in here, you find the other one more convincing. I have a feeling you are just sheeping the majority.
Basically, you disagree with his reasons for being on RachMarie's wagon. You said the same about me and my reasons, yet you read me as town. Sounds like conflicting opinions, and given they're coming from the same person, I'd say that's fishy.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”