Newbie 1368 - Will there ever be a title? (GAME OVER)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:34 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Deadline and slow pace of the game I was worried there would be a NL situation. That is why I switched.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:57 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Ok my final reads are such:
I have strong
town
reads on
Homer, Eno.

I have weak
town
reads on
Grim, Rach.
(Note: Associatives will condemn either one of these players as scum depending on different flips)
I have a weak
scum
read on
Core.

I have a strong
scum
read on
Syryana.

VOTE: Syryana

I'm heading out to go get intoxicated. Peace.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
homertve
homertve
Goon
homertve
Goon
Goon

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:50 pm

Post by homertve »

Majiffy, how does this -
In post 899, Majiffy wrote:David and Rach both claimed preference for a Syr lynch over an LGR lynch and yet... quickwagon?

Both of you have a lot of explaining to do ASAP.
- fits with that:
In post 901, Majiffy wrote:Ok my final reads are such:
I have strong
town
reads on
Homer, Eno.
(David and Eno are the same slot)
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:01 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 901, Majiffy wrote:Ok my final reads are such:
I have strong
town
reads on
Homer, Eno.

I have weak
town
reads on
Grim, Rach.
(Note: Associatives will condemn either one of these players as scum depending on different flips)
I have a weak
scum
read on
Core.

I have a strong
scum
read on
Syryana.

VOTE: Syryana

I'm heading out to go get intoxicated. Peace.

Could you explain those reads? Especially those of the people that have wagons behind them, namely Syryana and RachMarie. During your overview you had quite some criticism towards RachMarie (calling her a possible scumpartner, the LnGrrrR lynch, the Caesar-fluff), yet here you have her as a slight townread.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:05 pm

Post by Majiffy »

David's placement of L-1 fits his mindset. I was mostly concerned with Rach's hammer. That being said, Eno's posting has been strictly pro-town, and has solidified his slot as town for me.

p-edit: Which reads are you confused about, specifically?

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:06 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Syr is scum from vote hopping, jumping opportunistically on wagons.

Rach is still slightly town because I have experience with reading her. However her play has been troublesome so she has moved from strong town to just barely leaning town; I have associative tells with certain players that will better discern her alignment.

||
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:42 pm

Post by enomis »

In post 904, Majiffy wrote:That being said, Eno's posting has been strictly pro-town, and has solidified his slot as town for me.

p-edit: Which reads are you confused about, specifically?
I don't know, majiffy... I feel abit iffy about your reads. Don't you suspect i am scum but try to do pro-town things to earn town cred? Thats what some think of me. And your reads are who i am attacking now. Is it your style to townread me and scumread who i am attacking? Because this is the second consecutive game that you did that.

Anyway
@Grim:
YOU TOTALLY IGNORED ME AFTER I WENT AND POST OUT WHAT WERE MY POINTS ABOUT SYR.

@Homer:
What do you think about what i said about core?

Gut-wise, i don't like your case on syr.
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Homertve: "Oh, and by the way, your tail is on fire."
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:43 pm

Post by enomis »

^^The case meaning Majiffy case. Last sentence was intended for majiffy.
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

homertve
homertve
Goon
homertve
Goon
Goon

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:15 pm

Post by homertve »

enomis, I tried to understand the logic in your "case" against core, but as much as I want to, I can't understand it.

He has a "Scum-triangle". Obv., he doesn't think all three are scum. Obv., if one will flip scum
or
town, it would change his thoughts on the other two. I don't really see any contradiction hear. I read your more than twice and it still doesn't convince me his triangle case is scummy. You do imply that he sees Syr as town where he doesn't say so anywhere. He never said he thinks Syr is town. he suspects him. However, he thinks that if you'll flip town he'll know syr is scum and vice-versa. Here:
In post 868, Core_H86 wrote:eno screams scum to me
and if he flips town i know tomorrow syrana is scum
homertve
homertve
Goon
homertve
Goon
Goon

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:16 pm

Post by homertve »

In post 908, homertve wrote:I don't really see any contradiction
hear
*Here.
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:22 pm

Post by enomis »

In post 872, Core_H86 wrote:but you are the scumiest and one of the other is town so
@Homer:

Look how he phrase the sentence. He did not say "You are the scummiest and
therefore
one of the other is town." Instead he say "You are the scumiest
and
one of the other is town." I know i am arguing abit of semantics here but he is obviously saying Syr or Rach is town without me being scum. This was what i thought.

Anyway, even if you don't agree with what i am seeing. What do you think about his case being valid only if Rach and Syr are town?

homertve
homertve
Goon
homertve
Goon
Goon

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:35 pm

Post by homertve »

Really?
That's
your case? It's very very weak.

Why is it valid only if Rach and Syr is town?
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:54 pm

Post by enomis »

In post 872, Core_H86 wrote:I didnt say rach or syr are town, you three are currently my triangle of scum but you are the scumiest and one of the other is town so
your twisting certain speculations i had and avoiding the logic that seems kinda scummy
In post 911, homertve wrote:Really?
That's
your case? It's very very weak.

Why is it valid only if Rach and Syr is town?
Tell me how is it valid if Rach and Syr are scum which is his points.

And please don't use something like i am bussing Syr or some shit because that isn't his case. His case is he thinks i am jumping onto the second bandwagon to mislynch a townie and defend Rach to get towncred which earns me a buddy for "whiteknighting her."

Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:01 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 882, enomis wrote:
@Grim:

Its this:
In post 854, enomis wrote:Wait i read up that post, i still don't see any scumslip thingy. If it's the one Homer is talking about, it isn't a scumslip at all. I find it weird that you think a scumslip on you is an actual case when you can't make a scumslip if you are town. What? You are also saying "you twisting words to make other people scummy" is a decent case? So you admit to doing this? WTF were you doing.
In post 863, enomis wrote:I don't understand why other people think it's a scumslip. Mind enlightening me?

Basically, you are saying the case on you which is "Twisting words to make other people scummy" is a decent case.As shown here:
syr wrote:There's a decent case against me: the "scumslip", the 180 on Grim, "twisting words to make people look scummy"
Therefore, if you think it's a decent case, you must be twisting words in some instances? Or are you going to give me "I understand why other people think i am twisting words, but i am not" Argument. It does not work this way bro. Because if you are not twisting words and other people think you are, IT IS NOT A DECENT CASE AT ALL.
@enomis, I didn't ignore you, I thought I had already responded to this by ways of post [post]876[/quote], where I gave you my view on the scumslips.
The argument that you tell Syryana not give you would be valid I think. Town makes wrong cases very regularly, but just because they're wrong doesn't mean they're scum.
I don't like it when someone start going off about "twisting words". The demarcation between "twisting words" and "misinterpreting words" is very thin. Too tin for comfortably using it as a stand-alone argument.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:03 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 905, Majiffy wrote:Syr is scum from vote hopping, jumping opportunistically on wagons.

Rach is still slightly town because I have experience with reading her. However her play has been troublesome so she
has moved from strong town
to just barely leaning town; I have associative tells with certain players that will better discern her alignment.
When and why was she strong town?
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:15 am

Post by enomis »

@Grim: Yet Syr think other people saying that Syr is twisting words is a decent argument?

homertve
homertve
Goon
homertve
Goon
Goon

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:17 am

Post by homertve »

enomis, either I don't understand you or you don't understand me (or you are scum and you
choose
not to understand me).

[Not (Rach and Syr are town)]
is not equal to
[(Rach and Syr are scum)].

What core is saying is this:
If you flip town, then Syr is probably scum. The second scum is somebody else.
if you flip scum, then Rach is probably the second scum.

Now explain to me what's wrong with that argument.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:19 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 915, enomis wrote:@Grim: Yet Syr think other people saying that Syr is twisting words is a decent argument?
Is this a question?
I disagree with the view that saying that someone is "twisting words" is a valid argument, unless we're talking about a blatant misrep. So I disagree with Syryana in this regard.
But I don't think this makes him scummy.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:35 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 827, Syryana wrote:I disapprove of your avatar change, scum. And you have seen nothing of spite yet.
VOTE: Enomis
Syryana, care to explain your move away from the RachMarie wagon on to the enomis one? Is enomis a stronger scumread for you, or do you just think his wagon will get more support?
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:41 am

Post by enomis »

In post 916, homertve wrote:enomis, either I don't understand you or you don't understand me (or you are scum and you choose not to understand me).

[Not (Rach and Syr are town)] is not equal to [(Rach and Syr are scum)].

What core is saying is this:
If you flip town, then Syr is probably scum. The second scum is somebody else.
if you flip scum, then Rach is probably the second scum.

Now explain to me what's wrong with that argument.
Then how is this a case on why i am scummy? He used this as a case and voted me. So obv, he must have either of them have town to be able to use this case to say why i am scummy.

And no, if i flip scum, he said Rach is town because i defend her to "whiteknight" and thus earn a buddy.

@Grim:

Let me phrase this another way. Why did you think Syr could think other people think he is twisting words is a decent case. Can you see his logic for saying that? Or is it just agreeing to a case to make the case weaker.(Yes, agreeing to case on you can be a scum tactic to make the case weaker).

Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:42 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 826, enomis wrote: Syr, are you really insisting this case of lurking = scumtell on her
or are you doing this to spite me
?
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:43 am

Post by enomis »

Is the question mark addressed to me?

Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:45 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 919, enomis wrote:
@Grim:

Let me phrase this another way. Why did you think Syr could think other people think he is twisting words is a decent case. Can you see his logic for saying that? Or is it just agreeing to a case to make the case weaker.(Yes, agreeing to case on you can be a scum tactic to make the case weaker).
Because of the fine demarcation-line I was talking about earlier, where do you draw the line between someone misunderstanding you and someone consciously trying to twist your words?
He doesn't say he twisted words, but he's also not saying people are being entirely unreasonable for thinking he did because he misinterpreted stuff (notably two supposed scumslips).

Yes, the question mark is addressed to you, why would Syryana want to spite you?
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:47 am

Post by enomis »

Dunnoe? Because i get the feeling Syr is trolling me and pretending not to get my argument because he is good enough to get me.

homertve
homertve
Goon
homertve
Goon
Goon

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:55 am

Post by homertve »

In post 919, enomis wrote:Then how is this a case on why i am scummy? He used this as a case and voted me. So obv, he must have either of them have town to be able to use this case to say why i am scummy.

And no, if i flip scum, he said Rach is town because i defend her to "whiteknight" and thus earn a buddy.
No, Core's case on you is 1. you defending a lurker on L-1 is an attempt to get a little town cred, and 2. Jumping on the closest wagon (ayr).

He also said that he thinks there's a partnership between you and Rach, whether it's one sided or not.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”