Micro 193 - HD had a Greater Idea (Mafia)! [GAME OVER]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:28 am

Post by Mac »

In post 121, ChannelDelibird wrote:
In post 119, Mac wrote:well right now I think Grimgroove is voting me and letting others do the work which isn't town motivated in any way.
So why aren't you voting for him?
because I wanted to see if he'd do the work himself.

no such luck yet however
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:06 pm

Post by Guyett »

I'm here. Just reading and stuff. I had my college graduation and i was drinking for 15 hours. I drunk hammered someone in another game which was silly so i decided to not post here until i sorted my shit out. I am still happy with my vote :]
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
TheTrollie
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:51 pm

Post by TheTrollie »

CDB am i dumb for not voting Mac?

why dont we like whoever im currently voting (i think ^this^) but im at work so i cant check right now
"scum, scum, scum" went TheTrollie!

Get to know me: GTKAS - TheTrollie
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:47 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 105, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Hello. Not posting because WTF are you people arguing about. The discards tell us nothing. Call me when there's something real to discuss.
If you believe this, then why did you wait until page 5 to attempt to stop people talking about them?
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
TheTrollie
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:04 pm

Post by TheTrollie »

In post 105, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Hello. Not posting because WTF are you people arguing about. The discards tell us nothing. Call me when there's something real to discuss.
yo discards tell all

DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:42 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

As I said before, I think that only moderate or strong discards tell us anything. Guyet town is still not striking me, it seems that the only real attempt in scum hunting was to clear himself in someway. Other posts, like the most recent one is at most distractive.
ETL's response is striking me as genuinely town. Not wanting to go off discards tell me that she is not looking for an easy lynch to jump on.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:50 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

Mac does need to scumhunt. In fact, I'd like to hear ETL's view on Mac and vice versa, as they have played together recently (I think).
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:35 pm

Post by Guyett »

In post 127, TheTrollie wrote:CDB am i dumb for not voting Mac?

why dont we like whoever im currently voting
(i think ^this^)
but im at work so i cant check right now
Is that for me or Mac?
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:43 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

In post 127, TheTrollie wrote:CDB am i dumb for not voting Mac?

why dont we like whoever im currently voting (i think ^this^) but im at work so i cant check right now
You're not dumb but it would help if you voted for Mac!

I voted for Grimgroove because it looked like he was watching and summarising rather than playing. I think Mac is worse.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:44 pm

In post 125, Mac wrote:because I wanted to see if he'd do the work himself.

no such luck yet however
And you think your vote would have stopped him doing that? (I don't want this to become a theory argument but, come on, if you think something has 'no town motivation at all' then how can you not vote)

How are you
still
not voting? How bad does it have to get?
#greenshirtthursdays
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:40 pm

Post by Guyett »

Ok I've a bit of free time so I'm reading through ISO's and putting some thoughts together.

Spoiler: CBD
post 7 and post 110
I'm a bit cautious of this. This looks like a not so subtle townclaim and I'm suspicious of people who bring up examples of past games of themselves doing the exact same thing... I'm all for others bringing it up but when you bring it up yourself it looks desperate. Especially the way it says this is what I did before when I was town... look I've done it again (hint hint I am town)

post 49 could you explain this one to me? I dont quite get it. thanks

post 111 nothing to stop people lying... I could easily say that I just can't get enough of playing as town despite picking some scummy role. Like I said in my read of Cheery I think to an extent you can read into some people based on their discard. For example you cant really read too much into a VT discard as most roles will be better than a VT. Discarding a decent role could be down to playstyle... or it could be because they got an even better role.

seems a bit WIFOM

post 115 Could you expand a bit more on your Mac vote please? Something more indepth than just over reactions. You ask Jason to do it in post 120 so why can't you do it :]
Also what are your reasons for me being town?

Overall I'm getting a Null read here, some slight town leaningings and some slight scum leanings

Spoiler: DrDolittle
post 28 and post 27 I really liked this opening vote

post 43 I agree here regarding ETL's overcompensating response to CBD's question. TBH a lot of that fluff was due to posting when drunk... I will probably stop doing that after what I did in another game when drunk.

post 82 Govener or PGO would be better and Cheery brought them up already... Actually a recruiter would be a good role too for a killing scum faction, you get the night kill and you can recruit which in a game of this size is a great advantage.

post 84 yeah I really don't see the point in this at all?

post 93

1 is just showing off :P but I disagree with the 2nd statment. What are the odds of another werewolf being drawn out? looking at the anti-town roles Mafia, Werewolves, Aliens, Serial Killer, Lyncher, Survivor and Cult thats a big group to chose from.

post 130 did my readings on Cheery not count as scumhunting? :(

I'm getting a light town reading here, nothing overly town yet
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:56 pm

Spoiler: Please, Guyett, don't make me write walls this long again. I hate writing them and I hate reading other people's.
In post 135, Guyett wrote:I'm a bit cautious of this. This looks like a not so subtle townclaim and I'm suspicious of people who bring up examples of past games of themselves doing the exact same thing... I'm all for others bringing it up but when you bring it up yourself it looks desperate. Especially the way it says this is what I did before when I was town... look I've done it again (hint hint I am town)
You've clearly missed this:
In post 120, ChannelDelibird wrote:I am not asking you to take it as a towntell.
The only reason I've brought it up again is because Jason is using it as a reason to suspect me, when it clearly can't be as I logically explained a short while ago. It's just what I do, generally, with people with whom I have not played Greater Idea before. It's not a towntell. It's not a towntell. It's not a towntell.
post 49 could you explain this one to me? I dont quite get it. thanks
I wanted to give the impression that I was more sure than I was to see whether he would react as if he knew why I was certain. When I write posts as scum, I know which parts of the post feel 'riskier' so I was trying to see if he'd show signs of the same behaviour. He didn't, particularly, he just ignored it. That's interesting in and of itself but in a different way. Still my second pick for scum.

Ignoring the bit about the preference question other than to say this final word on the whole matter: I do it all the time because, when we started playing in face-to-face and Skype, it definitely did help us to develop reads. It's more useful for when you play a bunch of games with the same people so you can see patterns but the potential is enough that I find it helpful to do at the start of the game. It's also interesting to see who replies and who just ignores it, sometimes. I also do it as scum because it's what I do as town (and scum in this game still need to scumhunt). I'm moving on from this now.
post 114seems a bit WIFOM
It's not WIFOM, it's just logic. Seriously. I'm not saying "woooo I can't be scum because I did this", I'm saying "you can't read anything into it". It simply does not logically follow at all. If I exhibit Behaviour A in all games (both as town and scum) then exhibiting Behaviour A in this game gives zero indication as to whether I am town or scum in that game. How can I make that any clearer?
post 115 Could you expand a bit more on your Mac vote please? Something more indepth than just over reactions. You ask Jason to do it in post 120 so why can't you do it :]
I'm not asking Jason in 120 to do anything other than realise that he cannot have his vote on me only for something which is proven to be a null tell.

I have nothing to expand on Mac. I don't think he is proactively trying to find scum. I think he is faking the appearance of being interested in finding scum (badly).
Also what are your reasons for me being town?
Mainly based on the way you talked about your choice of role and how in a way it might have been the wrong choice. It felt town.
#greenshirtthursdays
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:04 am

Post by Mac »

VOTE: GrimGroove
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:10 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

Hi hi sorry, I was busy last night and fell asleep. I have to work a few hours today but I PROMISE I'll give this game some attention afterwards. Expect me around 4 pm EST (gmt -5)
Art is cool.
TheTrollie
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:20 pm

Post by TheTrollie »

yo i bet mac is scum but i also bet grimmgroove is scum

DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:01 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

"post 82 Govener or PGO would be better and Cheery brought them up already... Actually a recruiter would be a good role too for a killing scum faction, you get the night kill and you can recruit which in a game of this size is a great advantage. "

FFS, I've already explained myself to Grim. See 93, which I highlighted my bolded part. Also do you see a mafia recruiter or a mafia pgo in the setup? There is a cult recruiter, and that is a damned worse role than the 1 shot vig.

"post 130 did my readings on Cheery not count as scumhunting" I think you main reason to attack Cheery was to distance yourself from his response to Trollie.
"post 84 yeah I really don't see the point in this at all?"
I also elaborate this in 93. Also thanks for pointing it out again after almost everyone (including myself) has called it a big steamy pile of shit. So I'll say it again, the key thing was to present evidence that your post in 80 speculating scum faction size was in fact completely wrong.

"What are the odds of another werewolf being drawn out? looking at the anti-town roles Mafia, Werewolves, Aliens, Serial Killer, Lyncher, Survivor and Cult thats a big group to chose from. "
That's why you use a fucking program. Because there are too many scum factions, you let the computer run 100000 times to see the most likely distrubution. And the most likely distribution was what I found, where there are two scum factions and 3 scum. Ergo, one scum faction has two members.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:08 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

Also, why did you decide to ISO CDB and me? This is scum hunting. So after CDog, do you think that we too are most likely scum? Then after CDog, "null" and "light town" are now your worst reads?

P.S. CDB's response to Jason is irrefutable. The RQS, regardless of scumminess, does not make CDB's current position more or less scummy.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:06 am

Post by Guyett »

In post 141, DrDolittle wrote:
Also, why did you decide to ISO CDB and me?
This is scum hunting. So after CDog, do you think that we too are most likely scum? Then after CDog, "null" and "light town" are now your worst reads?

P.S. CDB's response to Jason is irrefutable. The RQS, regardless of scumminess, does not make CDB's current position more or less scummy.
I'm planning on doing everyone, I'm townhunting as well as scumhunting. You are likely town but I'm not so sure about CDB.

I'm going to work in 2 hours so I'll try to get another person done before I head in, then I'll try get more done after work.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:27 am

Post by Guyett »

Spoiler: Grim
post 35

I agree with the point about choosing vengeful roles but disagree with the part that vengeful townie is useless. It is in my eyes a very useful roles due to the win condition for a townie... you need to remove the scum and if you were to be lynched you could take one scum person out with you.

[url-http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 8#p5053248]post 36[/url]

drunk posting is townish? really?

post 38, post 47 and post 50 Could you go over your reasons against ETL again thanks :]

post 55 this is a bit out of the blue... its a bit late for RVS. slight hint of scummyness

post 88 In post 59 CDog suggests if another 1 shot vig was drawn they'd be confirmed town, he could be breadcrumbing that he is a town 1 shot vig. However I dont see how the discard would point to CDog not being scum.

post 106 Nothing more to say? come on grim don't be so lazy.

yeah so Grim is leaning scum for me at the moment.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:32 am

Post by Guyett »

In post 140, DrDolittle wrote: FFS, I've already explained myself to Grim. See 93, which I highlighted my bolded part. Also do you see a mafia recruiter or a mafia pgo in the setup? There is a cult recruiter, and that is a damned worse role than the 1 shot vig.
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... Idea_Mafia

Ah right, I didn't know they all had to be chosen from that, I thought they could be kind of blends of 2 roles too. My bad :[
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:32 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

I have been very lazy in this game and I apologize. Got very involved in other ongoing games. Tomorrow I will focus primarily on this game, and deliver the long-awaited case on Mac! Have to finish one wall in another game and then off to bed, so see you later.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:32 pm

Jason, you've posted everywhere but here since I pointed out how your vote is inadmissable. Come back and do better.
#greenshirtthursdays
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:56 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

What's with the people apologising for not paying attention to this game?
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:50 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

In post 145, Grimgroove wrote:I have been very lazy in this game and I apologize. Got very involved in other ongoing games. Tomorrow I will focus primarily on this game, and deliver the long-awaited case on Mac! Have to finish one wall in another game and then off to bed, so see you later.
It's pretty evident that his post sucks real bad.
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:06 pm

Post by Human Destroyer »

bump
Are you ready for this?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”