RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:33 pm

Post by RafK »

CES- not a newbie. Newbie to mafiascum, yes. Not a newbie at all.

I don't think my argument is flawed; if it is, it's only because I don't know Yos and so I don't have metagame knowledge of when he's joking. You deny there's an inconsistency, fine, but why?

He:
1) Passed the comment off as just being a minor part of his case on Phoebus, then

2) Said he was actually joking.

To me, if he was joking, he would have said so to begin with. It's either a serious but small part of his case, or it's a joke, but not both. That's the inconsistency... you deny it exists, so which part of the above is incorrect?
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:58 pm

Post by pablito »

Toaster Strudel seems to have read the thread and seems to have a reasonable read on people. Toaster Strudel, would you like to submit your top 3 suspects list at the moment?
Sup, later.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:42 pm

Post by Toaster Strudel »

pablito wrote:Toaster Strudel seems to have read the thread and seems to have a reasonable read on people. Toaster Strudel, would you like to submit your top 3 suspects list at the moment?
I will - give me a coupla days.
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:06 pm

Post by olio »

CES, so because you view yourself as a non-newbie, someone you view a newbie should trust your judgement on Yosarian2? Talk about closed-mindness.

Yosarian, I don't view that "Or Phoebus" of yours a joke, so please stop talking on behalf of me with your "everyone else understands it". Added to that your slip with "NEVER", I'm happy to
vote: Yosarian2

CES and Yosarian2, you're trying to downplay RafK's arguments with newbie card. That's scummy.
[size=75]Music makes the world go 'round,
there's no life without a sound.[/size]
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:46 am

petroleumjelly wrote:
Toaster Strudel wrote:I trust Yos and I will go along with his gut feelings.

unvote all: vote DragonsofSummer
- with apologies to the brave newcomer.
TS, what do you think of LuckayLuck's playstyle? I am curious.
This question took me by surprise, and made me uneasy. Why LuckayLuck, I wondered, since this player was not part of the immediate discussion?

Very odd.

One think is certain is that LL has been active in other games, but not this one, for some 8 days now. His latest posts hinge on his following other players he feels are pro-Town and admits to skimming the game. He appears to be Mason with Glork? Did I get that correctly? He seems Townie enough, but along the lines of extreme wishy-washiness, buddying up to the more aggressive players, to the point of appearing completely subservient. I can see how this would look scummy, but together with the Mason claim... is the scum trying to pass as a Mason group? I doubt it, as there would be a chance of the existence of a legitimate Mason group. I'll keep LL in mind.
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:53 am

Post by olio »

Where do you see LuckayLuck claiming he is a Mason with Glork?
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:56 am

Olio: This post here
LuckayLuck wrote:
Glork wrote:You need to get more aggressive, LL. Process of elimination doesn't generally work as well as I think you think it does.

(I hope the above sentence made sense. It makes sense when I read it, but it's 2 AM and I've been reading and writing about philosophy for a good four hours.)
My targets are lame. I admit it! I'll leave the aggression to you,
mason-buddy!

I'll just keep defending people like MBL. :P

[...]
Emphasis mine.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:00 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

BrianMcQueso wrote: Unfortunately for the town, the assassins have killed all the town's power roles, such as cops, doctors,
masons
, vigilantes, and so forth. With two exceptions, that means that each pro-town player in the game has received the following PM:
Blank.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:10 am

Post by Glork »

Uh, LL is most certainly not my mason-buddy.

I wouldn't be
voting for LL
, nor would I
have him on my Top 3 Suspicions List
if he were my mason-buddy.

Funny, I never even noticed that quip before.
LL, what exactly did you mean when you called me your mason-buddy?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:24 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

I will not be adding a 3rd suspect to my LOS till I've gotten a feel for the replacements. I think we'll get quite a few, judging from what I've seen in the kingmaker replacements needed thread.
Blank.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:32 am

My first thought was that Glork might be a scum Mason. But then it would give it away if LL was revealed to be a Mason upon death.

That's settles it for me. In addition to DragonsogfSummer,

vote: LuckayLuck

Geez... anyone else I should pay particular attention to?
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:03 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Toaster Strudel wrote:
petroleumjelly wrote:

TS, what do you think of LuckayLuck's playstyle? I am curious.
This question took me by surprise, and made me uneasy. Why LuckayLuck, I wondered, since this player was not part of the immediate discussion?

Very odd.

One think is certain is that LL has been active in other games, but not this one, for some 8 days now. His latest posts hinge on his following other players he feels are pro-Town and admits to skimming the game. He appears to be Mason with Glork? Did I get that correctly? He seems Townie enough, but along the lines of extreme wishy-washiness, buddying up to the more aggressive players, to the point of appearing completely subservient. I can see how this would look scummy, but together with the Mason claim... is the scum trying to pass as a Mason group? I doubt it, as there would be a chance of the existence of a legitimate Mason group. I'll keep LL in mind.
TS, the reason I asked you to give an opinion explicitly on LuckayLuck was because of your first vote in the game:

The logic I see in
your
vote is that "Yos2 looks town", therefore "you trust Yos2", therefore "you will follow his feelings and vote DoS". Considering LuckayLuck plays
exactly
like that, I was interested to see whether or not you found his playstyle scummy or not.

So now; for what reasons are you voting him? Playstyle? Skimming? Buddying? Subservience? A combination of these?
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:08 am

Personally, in a late replacement game like this, I like to ease into the game slowly, but don't worry, I will catch up and catch on.

PJ, LL's behavior could go either way. I could see it from a Townie perspective as well. Granted, it's poor Town play, but in light of his Mason claim, his following of other players made sense. Maybe some of the other players he followed were unclaimed Mason buddies.

But if LL is no Mason, as is denied by Glork, then I don't know what on Earth LL is doing, but it seems all wrong, and I find the whole picture quite unsettling. Hence the vote.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:19 am

Post by pablito »

**Pressuring lurker alert!**
Zindaras, LuckayLuck and Lowell need to come back and post some when they can.
Sup, later.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:19 am

Post by Lowell »

I don't have anything to add.

I made my list, I'm waiting for DeadKing to tell me what's next.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:58 am

Post by pablito »

Lowell, you didn't have a third for your list. That's cheating. Please tell us what you're thinking.

Also, Lowell, what do you think about spectrumvoid's extreme top3 changes during D3? I mean, going from Yos and Glork to MoS and LuckayLuck? That's gotta be something that gave you a reaction, right?
Sup, later.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:02 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

RafK wrote: 1) Passed the comment off as just being a minor part of his case on Phoebus, then

2) Said he was actually joking.
Now you're putting words in my mouth, AGAIN. I never "passed it off as being a minor part of my case on Phoebus", I said
Yosarian wrote:If you'd payed any attention at all to anything that's happened this game, if you've read any of my posts from, like, ever, you'd know that I want the king to execute Phoebus because I think Phoebus is scum. Duh.
and
Yosarian wrote:
RafK wrote: But that's not the reasoning you were using there to get him executed.

If you'd been paying any attention to this game, you would have known that the fact that he was going to have to be replaced was the least of the reasons I wanted him executed.
Now, how did you go from those posts to suddenly thinking that my origional comment was ever supposed to be a serious part of my argument that Phoebus should be lynched? When did I ever say that it was supposed to be a "minor part of my case against Phoebus"?

Nor did I ever say "Oh, I was just joking, I didn't mean it". The comment was supposed to be funny, but that dosn't mean it was a joke post that wasn't supposed to mean anything. It was supposed to mean that Phoebus should be lynched.

Now, can you cut it with the misrepresentations, please, and actaully read what I wrote instead of what you'd like to think I might have meant?

Bah. I should know better then to even try to respond to this kind of BS attack; now it looks like Ollo is going to use your misrepresentations of my posts as an excuse to vote for me.
Ollo wrote:
Yosarian, I don't view that "Or Phoebus" of yours a joke, so please stop talking on behalf of me with your "everyone else understands it". Added to that your slip with "NEVER", I'm happy to
vote: Yosarian2
If you want to attack me, how about you actually responding to what I said rather then what RafK's trying to claim that I said? I said it was a humerous/silly way of reiterating that I was suspicious of Phoebus; I never siad it was "just a joke". Something can be intended to be funny and to not entirely serious while still being not entirely joking in a mafia game.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
LuckayLuck
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
You're a townie

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:23 pm

Post by LuckayLuck »

• I'm NOT a mason with the people I am following. (Figure of speech, indicating trust)
  • Masons don't exist in this game.
  • I'm still happy with my "masons" (Pablito, Glork, and PJ). Especially Pablito. Check out this bit:
    Pablito wrote:
    DragonsofSummer wrote: LL- For reasons stated by various others throughout the thread.

DOS, you realize that LL is guilty of proxying his votes and reasons to others and that's oner eason why he's being voted. Therefore if you're "proxying" the reasons for suspecting LL, it's a bit of a hypocritical move.
    That's freaking hot. :P
  • I am relatively inactive in this game, in comparison to other games, BECAUSE it is such a huge game. Some people need to simply stand behind the opinions of those who one agrees with, when one believes strongly that they are townie. Consolidate opinions. If I say nothing in this game, it means "I am in complete agreement with what has been said (by pablito, glork, and pj)" which means my silence is actually something of substance. Also, if I actually speak up in contrast, then something has been so wrong that I need to speak up.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:29 pm

Post by pablito »

Awww... <3

You make me want to unvote you, but will you just accept an autographed Pablito picture instead?
Sup, later.
mnowax
mnowax
Goon
mnowax
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:14 am

Post by mnowax »

i still have not heard from Brian yet, but i am getting close to finishing rereading the thread. Every time i come back, a new page is added! Oh and SpectrumVoid, nice quip about the replacements.

omgus : SV
Sure one more time for fun.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:30 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Huh? I said
1) We have quite a few aka many replacements.
2) I need time to remember who is replacing who.

*pokes Zindaras*

Enough with the guilt trip, post! Especially since you're active in every other game I'm in with you!
Blank.
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:18 am

Post by olio »

LuckayLuck wrote:I am relatively inactive in this game, in comparison to other games, BECAUSE it is such a huge game.
So you're slacking because you don't want to make an effort for this game?

Yosarian2, I was merely pointing out your exaggerations with "everyone else understands it". Nice to know you had good intentions with that line - unfortunately I couldn't read your mind and see those intentions when I was reading it.

Also, RafK did never misrepresent your mistake with "NEVER" - you slipped there yourself. Stop exaggerating.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:35 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

olio wrote: Yosarian2, I was merely pointing out your exaggerations with "everyone else understands it". Nice to know you had good intentions with that line - unfortunately I couldn't read your mind and see those intentions when I was reading it.
My point was just that RafK was not understanding what I was saying, and other people were.
Also, RafK did never misrepresent your mistake with "NEVER" - you slipped there yourself. Stop exaggerating.
Did I say that he did? And what are you suggesting that editing mistake I made is supposed to mean, exactally?
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:49 am

Post by olio »

Yosarian2 wrote:
olio wrote: Yosarian2, I was merely pointing out your exaggerations with "everyone else understands it". Nice to know you had good intentions with that line - unfortunately I couldn't read your mind and see those intentions when I was reading it.
My point was just that RafK was not understanding what I was saying, and other people were.
My point is that "everyone else" is exaggeration, "other people" isn't.
Yosarian2 wrote:
olio wrote: Also, RafK did never misrepresent your mistake with "NEVER" - you slipped there yourself. Stop exaggerating.
Did I say that he did? And what are you suggesting that editing mistake I made is supposed to mean, exactally?
Yes you did.
Yosarian2 wrote: now it looks like Ollo is going to use your misrepresentations of my posts as an excuse to vote for me.
Your line you called joke everyone else but RafK understood was one reason, the
other
reason was that you slipped and forgot that NEVER. You made it sound that RafK's posts, and those posts only gave me "an excuse" to vote you.

In my opinion your editing mistake was a slip you subconsiously typed. I look at that line and at that slip, and it made me wonder enough to vote you.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:48 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

olio wrote: My point is that "everyone else" is exaggeration, "other people" isn't.
(shrug) I ALWAYS exaggerate. (there, you see? ;) ) In any case, everyone who had responded at that point did seem to read the post as it was intended rather then the way RafK was reading it.

Ollo wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote: now it looks like Ollo is going to use your misrepresentations of my posts as an excuse to vote for me.
Your line you called joke everyone else but RafK understood was one reason, the
other
reason was that you slipped and forgot that NEVER. You made it sound that RafK's posts, and those posts only gave me "an excuse" to vote you.
Well, RafK misrepresented my posts, and you did use that misrepresentation ("Yos said it was just a joke!" which I, in fact, did not say) as an excuse to vote for me. I never said that was your only excuse for voting for me; in fact you also had a second, crappy, excuse for voting for me.
In my opinion your editing mistake was a slip you subconsiously typed. I look at that line and at that slip, and it made me wonder enough to vote you.
And again, if you are really being serious in trying to argue here that was supposed to be a fruedian slip on my part, what is it my subconsious was supposed to have said by deleating the never while I was editing the post? That the origional post WAS supposed to be a serious attack on Phoebus? Please. :roll:

Anyway, on another note, we're all still waiting for the king to do something...the game is just going to keep devolving into trivialities and lurking without that.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”